Bottoms Up: Kelly MacMurphy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottoms Up: Kelly MacMurphy

Leaving the wall behind and heading through the twists and turns of the alleyways he reassured himself that he'd had weirder nights than this. He'd never put his arm through a wall that wasn't there but beer can do some strange shit to ya. For the briefest second he wondered if maybe he'd been slipped a mickey but then realized that the idea made even less sense than just being drunk.

Finally he caught up to the brunette as she seemed to be waiting for him in some kind of shed. She was certainly a looker but Kelly was starting to get spooked by this whole crazy series of events and weakly offered a wave as he slowed down and looked around this newest alleyway.

"Glad to meet you, Brooke. I must be getting old, the beer seems to be playing some funny tricks on my mind tonight. Starting to see things if you know what I mean." Seeing nothing to be worried about he relaxed a bit more and focused on her.

"He sure didn't have much a of a chance from what I saw, eh! Been a while since I got in a few good licks on their sort. Kind of miss it, to be honest, but I don't miss the cops. I don't really need a thank you to be truthful though, lass. If it weren't for you giving me the idea to escape that way I never would have gotten away from the police after all. Kind of important that I made it out tonight, too. I kind of promised someone I would see them tomorrow and all."

Comment

Brooke arched her eyebrow as she gave Kelly a firm handshake... a cold handshake. Her hand was cold enough to give Kelly chills all the way up his arm. "Mind playing tricks on ya eh? Hmmm... I wonder... that sounds like Callista's doing to me. Damn little trickster tease that woman." Brooke paused, a small smile curling at the corner of her lips. "Not so tough once you get your hands on her though. Wriggles all around and... well anyway haha. The pleasure's all mine lad. Not sure I got your name though?"

She waited for Kelly's answer then smiled. "Yeah those blokes sure had it coming! It might not look it, but I've seen quite a few bar brawls in my day. Asshats never had a chance. This one was just a warm up for me," Brooke added with a wink. "I don't blame ya for not missing the cops either. Stuck up bastards always get in the way of good old fashioned justice... just like the cam."

Brooke stopped at the mention of Kelly's promise. She didn't say anything for a moment, fidgeting around against the wall before replying, a mix of curious and cautious but also genuine. "What promise if ya don't mind me askin'?"

Comment

Kelly might have noticed the coldness of Brooke's hand but the alcohol pumping through his veins simply didn't allow the feeling to register as he returned the firm handshake with a smile. "Yeah...It was weird. It was like I put my hand through the wall but it wasn't really there and my and went through it like water. That's what I get for drinking the whiskey before the beer I guess."

Kelly had to stop and think for a moment as Brooke mentioned it being the work of Callista. He knew a few card sharks who could pull off some mean tricks but this was something else entirely. His mind slowly realized that the girl was waiting for an answer and that he was still shaking her hand. He gave a good laugh as he realized he was standing there like some slack-jawed yokel and stopped shaking her hand as he answered. "Kelly MacMurphy at your service, lass. The drink must be hitting me a bit harder than normal but sometimes you just gotta live if you know what I mean. Same with the occasional brawl, you never feel quite so alive as you do in those little moments. Trust me I believe you after seeing you in action in there. Got moves I couldn't pull off if I tried, I'm more about the brute force."

Kelly was starting to relax a lot more now after all the weirdness had stopped and he grimaced a bit as he added. "Yeah the cops can get to be annoying especially if your just trying to do a bit of unwinding after fighting for yer slave wages. Only thing worse is the gangs trying to pull you from the other side. If it ain't one group trying to squash you it's the other when all you want to do is live your life."

Realizing what it probably sounded like when he mentioned promising to see someone tomorrow he gave an easy smile to Brooke and said. "It's not quite what yer thinking. I promised my little girl I would go and see her tomorrow, is all. Not that I'm married mind you, her mother and I don't really get along so well anymore if you get my drift."

Comment

"That so...?" asked Brooke, looking down as Kelly explained his promise and the nature of his relationship with the mother. She shifted around, thumbs in her jeans pockets until finally looking up with a predatory gleam in her eye. For the first time, Kelly got a chance to get a good look at his fellow bar brawler. Brooke cocked her hips to the side, tossing her unruly brown hair over her shoulder, bare from the tears in her t-shirt. She had intricate designs tattooed onto her shoulder and arm, two pendants laced about her neck, and piercings all over her ears. The vivacious beauty was small and trim. She didn't look particularly strong, but the fight earlier said otherwise.

Walking right up to Kelly, not the least bit perturbed about half of her bra showing through the tears in her shirt, Brooke poked her finger into the middle of Kelly's chest. "Sounds like ain't nobody gonna be missin' ya tonight then Kelly." The fiery brunette grinned up at him, suddenly pushing Kelly down into the chair behind him. "Cept me that is. I said I want to thank ya, and I ain't takin' no for an answer," Brooke declared, pouncing atop Kelly's lap, hands holding his shoulders, blue-gray eyes mischievously gazing into Kelly's eyes. "Kiss me."

He didn't have time to even think about the words, so simple yet so powerful before Kelly felt himself leaning up to kiss Brooke, obeying her command like his life depended on it. Brooke locked her lips over his own, caressing his cheeks with her hands roughly. Soft breasts pressing against Kelly's rippling, firm chest, Brooke kissed Kelly like a passionate wild woman. She sucked on his lips, pulled with her teeth, and triumphantly pinned his tongue with her own.

Brooke kissed Kelly for quite a while, so long that he gasped when she finally pulled back. Brooke, however, was not tired at all. No breath escaped her lips, not even any breath at all! The brunette hissed in primal desire, her blue-gray eyes gleaming lustfully, as she bared her fangs for the first time. Brooke held Kelly's head back, exposing his deliciously pale neck for the taking. Try as he might to wriggle free, Kelly was no match for Brooke's overwhelming strength. Giggling gleefully, hissing and moaning in pleasure, the vampire lunged forward for the final blow on her prey.

Kelly felt a sudden sting as Brooke's razor sharp canines tore into his neck, a sudden sting that was no match for the rapidly soaring pleasure that rushed through his body when Brooke sucked the delicious scarlet nectar from his neck. His heart fluttered, pumping furiously, in a mad rush to feed the woman on top of him. It was like he was designed for her feasting pleasure. His own pleasure was paralyzing, his body only barely able to squirm as she sucked the life out of it, growling, wriggling, and thrusting against him as she guzzled his blood.

The next thing Kelly knew, there was a burning sting in his neck as Brooke withdrew her fangs. Clinging to life, he watched helplessly while the woman bit into her own wrist. One hand wrapped around his head, Brooke pressed her bleeding wrist to Kelly's lips, feeding his needy tongue with her exquisite vitae. Brooke massaged the back of his neck as he drank the otherworldly fluid. Kelly's head spinned, feeling like his was floating on air. He could just make out Brooke's toothy grin, bloody fangs bared in their full glory just before he passed out.

Comment

Kelly was hardly one to object to what the vivacious brunette seemed to have in mind as a dopey grin started to spread over his face. It remained even as he felt himself effortlessly shoved back onto the couch. Hardly a thought crossed his mind as she told him...no...ordered him to kiss her and felt himself complying even before his brain told his body to do so.

He hardly seemed to be in control of anything as he felt himself being practically ravished by Brooke not that he wanted to get away but something in the back of his mind seemed to prick at him. This wasn't exactly how he had envisioned the whole thing going down but he was too locked up by his inflamed passion to do anything but kiss her back as best as he could under her amazingly strong grip.

The fangs hardly registered in his alcohol and passion imbued mind but when she hissed and turned his neck with her vice-like grip he suddenly started struggling. Though try as he might he couldn't seem to do anything about his predicament as her fangs clamped down on his neck. A brief prick of pain followed by the most delirious high he had ever known. His mind reeled as that one little piece of him telling him to fight seemed to be drowned out as his very life was sucked from his veins.

"NOOOOOOOOOO." He suddenly screamed as he found one last reserve of strength in his rapidly dieing body. He balled up his fists and started pounding with all the might he could muster against this evil creatures face. He kicked, punched, wiggled, and shouted as though his very life depended on it, which of course it did. One of his blows actually dislodged her fangs for the briefest of moments causing a sudden paralyzing pain from the blood loss to sear across his mind and body.

Brooke hardly noticed the temporary lack of blood flowing into her throat as her fangs were soon embedded once more in Kelly's throat to finish her latest prey off. The rapturous feeling soon replaced the searing pain causing Kelly's mind to practically break down as he realized that he was going to die here in this alley at the hands of this wretched she beast.

It seemed as if her floated out of his body and watched the flashes of his life as it fled him so quickly. What couldn't have been more than a few seconds seemed to last an eternity as he saw the defining moments of who he was. His dad's funeral so long ago, perfect little Maive being born, and all the times he had shared with the one thing he hadn't messed up in someway.

Then just as quickly all the scenes were gone only to be replaced by the blurry image of the ceiling and that wretched monster who had taken his Maive away. He managed a weak fuck you though it was largely inaudible with the utter lack of any strength in his quickly expiring body.

She did something with her wrist and pressed it to his face. He felt the first few warm drops of coppery tasting fluid force their way down his throat, unaware of what it could be. The only thought in his mind was not being able to be around to protect his precious little girl and with his last breath he lurched forward and spit as much of the fluid right back in the little devils face before everything faded to black and Kelly was no more.

Spoiler

Comment

In his last dying throes, Kelly managed to spit up that nasty liquid right on Brooke's face! She stared down at him dumbfounded for a long moment, crimson streaks dripping from her chin when something changed. Letting out a low growl, Brooke spat the blood right back at Kelly, her blue-gray eyes crazed like a beast. The last thing Kelly saw before he passed out was that awful she beast, his sire, rearing back to punch him in the nose. Pow!

When next Kelly woke, his newly crooked nose wasn't the only change. He felt cold as ice, laying on the floor of an abandoned warehouse, crates strewn all over. His skin had somehow become even more pale, a deathly pallor. What was more, he felt like he hadn't eaten a single morsel in months! Kelly nearly buckled over from the pangs of hunger in his gut.

Just then, the new vampire sensed he wasn't alone. "Bout time you finally woke up kiddy vamp. Ya really pissed her off, haha!" The woman walked out from behind the crates, carrying an old bowling pin over her shoulder. She was dressed like a gangster punk with a black tank top, cargo pants, and spiked collar. Sometimes people just dressed like that to be cool or hip, but this girl had the scars across her left eye and arms to prove she was legit. Her skin was just as pale as Kelly's, perhaps even more so, and her dark brown hair was pulled back. He could tell she wasn't normal. She was someone like him.

"The name's Nikki, and I'm your baby sitter apparently," The girl rolled her eyes as she tossed Kelly a big green flask. "Take a swig of that. It'll tide you over until we can find you something better to eat. Makes it easier to control yourself once we do too." Nikki waited a moment before continuing. "That was some trick you pulled on Brooke there. I even thought it was funny until I got stuck with baby sitting duty. Now it's just annoying. Try anything, by the way, and I'll match your face to your nose."

Spoiler

Spoiler

Comment

Kelly's eyes flickered open as something inside of him seemed to force him off the cold floor. A sensation he barely noticed with the all consuming hunger gnawing at his very soul. He looked around the darkened room as though he had no control over his own movements. The hunger within was almost like it belonged to something else and he had no way of controlling his own body as it mad him struggle to his feet.

Whatever he was he sensed someone else in the room even before she made herself known. He was already up and running towards her before she had fully stepped out and he likely would have attacked had she not tossed the canteen at him. The beast in control of his movement, for what else could it be, stopped at the strangely delicious smell coming from the flask. He tore off the lid and began guzzling the...blood as soon as it touched his lips. The stuff was better than the sweetest alcohol or anything he had ever tasted in his life and he slowly felt a measure of control come back back to him as he fell to his knees and set the canteen down.

The blood in the canteen wasn't enough to completely chase away the gnawing hunger within but he was Kelly once more and he was pissed. He didn't even respond to the girl who was supposed to be his babysitter? He was more consumed with the thought of what he would do to Brooke if he ever saw her again. He had no clue what she had done to him but he knew it wasn't good. Wait no she didn't deserve something like that he was still alive after all...or was he.

He remembered her drinking his blood, fangs. Now he was up and moving but not breathing and he had just drank blood. This was all some weird confusing drink fueled dream he was having. Just smack yourself across the face he told himself and you'll be awake. Unfortunately it turned out it wasn't a dream and that little smack he had given himself sent him flying to the floor.

Getting back up to his feet again he looked at Nikki as if she hadn't been standing there this whole time and looked at his hand for a second and thought as the smallest bit of his confusion disappeared and he just sort of blurted out to no one in particular. "I'm a fucking vampire."

Spoiler

Comment

"Whoa there cowboy!" came Nikki's surprised shout as Kelly went tumbling to the floor. It looked like he had no idea of his own strength! The only plus side of punching himself in the face was that it didn't actually hurt that much despite his strength. Besides, his nose was already broken.

Nikki had extended her hand to help him up and kept it there waiting during Kelly's revelation. "Ha. I always knew Brooke would pick a smart one. I'm a vampire too. We're all over this damn city. Some prefer the terms "kindred" or "cainites," but to be frank I don't give a shit about Caine, and most of the other vamps in this city don't give a shit about me, so we ain't kindred. Vamps or vampires works for me. Might not if you come across a snotty ass cammy though."

The punk girl crossed her arms, arching an eyebrow at Kelly. "So... got any more amazing discoveries for me before we go find you something to eat?"

Spoiler

Comment

Kelly just sort of nodded at Nikki's explanation about what vampires apparently called themselves. He wasn't sure if he entirely believed his apparently smart guess. He was bound to say something smart once in a while but it would have been nice if it happened when it was useful rather than now. The look on his face probably conveyed the exact same message as he nodded and said.

"Sorry I don't think there are any more profound ideas rolling around inside and I hope there isn't a quiz afterwards because I probably won't remember any of those silly names."

He waited for her to lead the way for a second before he realized his nose wasn't quite as straight as normal and reached up and tried to jerk it back into position. Likely making it worse as he still had no idea of how he strong he now was.

"We -uh- so do we eat just like in the movies. I'm not really comfortable with killing people even if there are some that might deserve it?"

Comment

"Whatever you say Sherlock," Nikki replied with a smirk, drumming her bowling pin against some boxes as she walked toward the windows of the warehouse.

"Pretty much the only name you need to know other than your own is Brooke. She's your sire, ya know... she made you and all that fancy stuff. The only reason you need to care about that is it means she's one of the only people standing between you and and a pile of ash."

As Nikki was talking, a girl walked out into the alley outside the warehouse. She was a redhead of average height and shoulder length curly hair, wearing a black hoodie with the hood down, sweatpants, and headphones. The redhead, looked up, sighed, and sat on the steps in front of the side entrance to her apartments.

"Most aren't," Nikki continued. "That's why your a vampire and not a monster. The trick is to surprise them, take just as much as you need, and then stop. Show your beast who's boss, and let them go. Just don't forget to lick the wound closed when your done."

When Nikki turned and saw the girl sitting outside, she grinned. "Looks like your lucky day. She shouldn't be too hard for a big bad like yourself, eh?"

Comment

The mention of Brooke once more drew an outright sneer from Kelly as he spat out. "I don't care if she's Saint fucking Patrick, I might prefer having the pile of ash to having her protect me. Whatever the fuck any of that means. Does she always go around turning people into vampires against their wills. She sounds like just another asshole trying to tell everyone how to live their goddamn lives rather than simply leaving them alone."

Kelly felt strange after his little tirade, it was almost like another part of him was even more pissed off than he was. He actually felt like he wanted to just take and ram his fist through Nikki's face but he thought better of it. First she could probably handle herself at least as well as Brooke probably better from the look of her and two she hadn't done anything to deserve it. He huffed and crossed his arms with a growl before looking out the window where Nikki was pointing.

He didn't quite understand it but just the sight of the girl stirred something within his gut. The gnawing hunger was still there and only barely held back by the swig from Nikki's canteen. He smiled as he started to head for the door into the alley, his fangs extending as he walked up to the door and shrugged. "Check show the beast who's boss and remember to lick the wound shut. Wish me luck."

Comment

Nikki simply shrugged, hopping up onto a box where she sat, dangling her feet back and forth over the edge.

"Good luck. I'll be around. Lemme know if you need me to hold her down for you or something," Nikki added with a teasing smirk.

As Kelly approached the door, fangs extended, he felt the anticipation rising. The need to feast on flood, something so strange just yesterday, felt so natural now. He was a predator on the prowl. Like most predators, his prey didn't even know he was coming.

"Friendly tip before you go," Nikki called out just before he opened the door. "If you go stalking toward her like a creep-o with your teeth out, going grrrrr and all that, she's probably gonna run like hell. Just sayin."

Comment

"Nag, nag, nag." Kelly said as he slipped out the door, he of course still took the friendly advice and retracted the fangs after a second or so of thinking about it.

He thought to himself as he made his way around to the alley where his prey sat oblivious to the crazy world he suddenly found himself dealing with. She's probably still going to run screaming when I come walking around the corner. At least if she's been living here for any amount of time she would, not to mention this whole not breathing thing. He stopped before walking around the corner to make sure. Yep, definitely not breathing...or blinking for that matter.

He stepped around the corner with his head staring down at the ground trying to act as casually as he could. Just a few more steps and he would be at the door. This might be kind of fun he thought as he drew nearer if it wasn't for this crazy urge to just straight up eat whoever this poor girl was.

Well here goes nothing he thought as he drew close to his prey. He looked up and gave a brief nod as he walked up the steps past the girl like he was going inside. Then he reached a hand in one of his pockets and then checked the other one before turning around with a confused look.

"Shit! Did I drop my keys again. Dammit." He said out loud as though to no one in particular as he looked around at the ground in the alley. Waiting to see how the girl would react.

Comment

The redhead hadn't noticed Kelly yet as he drew closer, deeply wrapped up in her loud music. She nodded her head back and forth, holding the headphones to her ears to hear the music better. Once in a while, she even mimed the words to the song. The girl was playing her music so loud that Kelly noticed with his new and improved hearing, he could pick out exactly what she was listening to - that new song on the radio from 3 Doors Down, Kryptonite.

Luckily, that meant the girl didn't notice Kelly until he was nearly right on top of her. She jumped right up from her spot on the steps when she saw him, pressing a hand to her chest as her headphones flew down to her shoulders.

"Holy crap! ...Whoa. You scared me..." Kelly could practically taste the fear rippling off of her body as she breathed heavily, but it seemed to be more from the sudden appearance than anything else. She did offer an apologetic smile when she heard his explanation about the lost keys, starting to go for the door but then hesitating.

"Oh... that sucks. Ummm... no offense, but I don't really know you. I probably shouldn't just let you in right? I know... want me to go find Vinny? I can do that real quick, and he can let you in and help you to your room."

Comment

Working...
                              X