Myya(The64bitbot)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Myya(The64bitbot)

Myya nods. "Yes, so it seems." She said in reply to Havrin "Rats seem like our best bet...let's hope we manage to keep our calm while dealing with them..." she said in a sigh.

She smiles to herself a bit as she sees Havrin glancing at her, even though she knows he's just examining her dress. "Yes, I have a feeling she'd like something with armor, honestly." Myya says with a small chuckle to herself. "Is it really? That's...not to odd I suppose, and I'm certainly not complaining. And yes, it certainly would be good to keep a low profile, having an easy time getting a hold of what we need is certainly useful, however. Alright, let's head up to your room, and see what you have." She said. "And you can tell her, I'm going to see if I can do something with my outfit real quick."

Leaving Havrin to talk to faith, Myya heads up to the room, examining her dress as she thinks of something that might just make her a bit safer.

Can Myya enchant her dress to count as armored to reduce damage by one?
    Bored? Send me a message. I'm almost never around but I'm kinda friendly.

Comment

(She could cast a protection spell on it which would work for the first strike. Short post since I really need to finish the basic magic system. >_>)

"Sure, I'll meet you up there with her." Havrin nods before moving off to try and placate Faith with the promise of getting to punch someone soon.

In the room there were a variety of supplies, mostly food and general goods that would come in handy. Most notably there were a few small blades and a firearm, along with a trio of small boxes baring the universal symbol for medicine. Most other supplies that she could want are available as well.

Comment

Myya takes some time to cast one of the first enchantments she'd learned. Imbuing her dress with protection magic, so that she would be protected should she be attacked. The magical resonance from it might make it more difficult for her to cast, but being injured would make it even harder. She figured she might eventually learn better ways to deal with the strain of the enchantment, but for now figured protection was the best, after all, she could just get rid of it later if need be.

After that she met with Faith and Havrin in his room, looking over the supplies again, deciding she should probably keep a small blade tucked away in her dress, just for safety's sake, before turning to the other two. "Okay, let's have a recap, where are we, and what do we know?"

Comment

The dress glowed briefly with the power of Myya's magic before the light subsided, leaving her dress looking perfectly normal. It would take a keen sense of magic to notice the enchantment without actually striking the dress with enough force to do damage. She could already feel the magical energies around her making it a little harder to focus her own power, but the effect wasn't strong enough that it should prove too problematic.

Faith and Havrin were waiting, chatting idly about how they were going to go about approaching the traders. Faith had changed back into her more usual attire and was impatiently tapping the hilt of the blade at her waist.

"As far as we know," Havrin began, "the magic guilds have some involvement in the disappearances of the magic users and that there. We have some leads but nothing concrete yet. We'd planned to hit the bars frequented by the military and the techs involved with the power plants in hopes of getting some more solid evidence. In the mean time we're going to be trying to meet with some dealers I came across who trade within the black market. I can't guarantee that we'll find anything useful out but it's likely to be better than nothing at all."

"And maybe we'll get to kick some heads in before the nights out." Faith adds, with a smile to Myya.

Comment

Smiling a little to herself, Myya always feels a bit happy when she manages a bit of magic just right. She nods to herself, gathering a few extra supplies and making sure she has everything as she returns to Faith and Havrin.

She listens again to the recap, a good summary of their position, which wasn't that great yet. They so far only had rumors to work off of, and probably would yet for a while. She couldn't quite see how she was going to figure this one out yet, but generally you never could.

She gives a small giggle at Faith's addition. "Yes, maybe, though I think kicking some heads in might draw unwanted attention, though it may be inevitable, I suppose. Regardless, I think that's everything, I guess we should head out then? Havrin, you lead the way, since you know where we're going."

Comment

"Depends if they're the type to want to talk to the authorities afterwards." Faith smirks before shaking her head. "I'll behave."

"I'd hope so too." Havrin comments before patting himself down, checking he had everything he needed. "If that is everything then lets get a move on. With any luck this won't require us to get into a fistfight."

With that, Havrin leads the group back out onto the streets. It isn't long until they are winding down some of the more narrow back alleys and into the less glamorous parts of the city. It was quite the noticeable difference to the bright and still lively areas that Myya and Faith had been out in earlier. The artificial light was lower and the streets were empty and dirty. Even the buildings around them seemed to be worse for wear. It made sense in a way that they wouldn't be able to put out the power needed to keep all the city quite so bright all night but the lower end areas started to look like those in any other city and not as if they belonged to the shining metropolis at all.

There had been some chatter on the way, though nothing beyond passing the time until Havrin came to a stop outside a rundown old inn.

"Okay, so here we are. I'll go ahead and apologise for their lack of manners, lets just see what we can get out of them." Havrin explains with a forced smile, clearly not looking forward to this either. A lead was a lead though and their mission was to follow them up.

Comment

Working...
              X