Broken (Group Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Broken (Group Thread)

Jonas looks at the woman and almost recoils himself, shocked by her appearance, but he catches himself and reaches his right hand into his hoodie, pulling out a set of Dog Tags, and holding them out. "I'm looking for whoever these belong to. He goes by the name of Samuel Finster." he says, his left arm sagging slightly as he loses the strength to hold it up against his body, dropping it down and almost hitting the ground with it. "Do you know anything about him? Where he might be? Where he was when whatever the hell made us what we are now happened?"
    I come from the part of the Internet that is ACTUALLY dark and full of terrors.

My feelings on the Rep System

Comment

Samuel Finster...

Olivia took a moment to think back. Had she met anyone by that name...? She tried to remember back, but she'd always been a sluggish thinker. Maybe if she took a closer look at the tags...?

"Let me..." she mumbled, preoccupied with her thoughts, while she reached an arm out towards Jonas. It couldn't cover the whole distance between them, but it didn't need to - a few tiny green vines reached out the extra few feet, to wrap around the chain and bring it back to her.

At the same time, her other hand reached seemingly into her belly... though in reality, it was diving into a pocket in the labcoat she wore under her outer shell of writhing, ivy-like tentacles. When it re-emerged into the stale air of the abandoned store, there was a small, red case in it. She flipped it open with one hand while her tentacles cradled it, and pulled out a tiny pair of reading glasses, which she promptly put on and began examining the dogtags now hanging in front of her, suspended from the tentacles that had taken it.

It was a little bizarre - a relatively normal looking human face, crossed with a look of concentration, emerging from a man-shaped mass of writhing tentacles...

"No... I can't say I've heard of him before, Jonas. Can you tell me anything more about him...? Why're you looking for him?"
      Spoiler

ULMF's request thread. Ask for stuff there.
      ULMF's game FAQ. Has info on how to run JP games and ISOs.
      IQDB. Searches for images!
      JDownloader, automates downloads from places like Megauplohwait.
      Hikari are, iza susume!
      Wear Sunscreen.
      >>*The Shoutbox slaps some sense into GargantuaBlarg.*

Comment

Jonas watches the strange display, wondering how her specific mutation came about being the way it was. "I honestly don't know much about him. What he looks like, or even his relation to me. All I know is, those dog tags are his, and he's got some relation to me." he says, reaching up and pulling his hood back, revealing the mutation covering the left side of his face, and his dark skin from his African descent. "He might bear some resemblance to me, but as you can see, I've not really the best looking person in the world right now."

Comment

It takes a few moments for Olivia to turn and look Jonas' way after he finished speaking, stuck as she was trying to gather some kind of information from the dog tags she held. When she did, it took her a further moment to reply.

"Oh, you don't look that bad, for a man that survived the end of the world," she said, rather mildly.

She then approached him, dogtags hanging from her right hand, the tentacles enveloping it rapidly withdrawing, baring her pale gray skin to the cold air.

"Here, take 'em. I don't know anything about this man."
          Spoiler

Hikari are, iza susume!
          Wear Sunscreen.

Comment

Jonas takes the tags back and puts them around his neck once more, then pulls his hood back up over his head. "Thanks anyway. Guess I'll have to keep looking. Though this would make a good place to spend the night." he says, then rolls his left shoulder as he looks over at Olivia. "Hope you don't mind."

Comment

"Well, I don't mind, but eh... mm, hold on."

She turns and starts towards the back of the store, but then stops again, remembering something. Her viney shell deflates, no longer squirming so much and wrapping itself close to her skin.

She spins and takes Jonas' right hand in a firm handshake. "Sorry about that. Can't be too careful, right? My name's Olivia."

She then continues back into the store, looking for the injured harpy she'd met - sort of - earlier.
              Spoiler

Hikari are, iza susume!
              Wear Sunscreen.

Comment

The girl had remained near the back of the store and by the time Olivia moved back to investigate she seemed to have become a little less anxious about the situation. Still, she didn't remain still, her larger claws clacking lightly on the ground as she kept looking around, her gaze flicking back to Olivia every few seconds. Her wing seemed to be dropping less dust though.

"It's getting late. It's not good to stay down here when it's late. This place is left alone, dangerous hunting grounds for them. If you have what you want you should go... or follow, your choice, won't stay here though."

A distant howl makes the girl jump, causing her to lean awkwardly on her overgrown leg. She lets out a whimper and moves her good hand down to it, tightening the bandages which tinge a little more with blood. She muttered something quietly to herself, shaking her head before starting to move herself so she could get a look at Jonas from behind one of the shelves.

"I don't like company... but if you want to stay here I have space... just don't try anything."

Comment

"I would like to have some company again, at least for a while," Olivia replied to the avian's offer.

The noise catches her by surprise, and she jumps a little as well - considering that she'd not heard anything besides the wind all day, it was a little startling. She saw the girl flinch as she accidentally shifted her weight onto her injured leg, and winced in sympathy. Had she come looking for medicine? "What about you? Did you find what you were looking for?" she asked as she made her way over to the injured woman, keeping her voice low in case whatever made that noise was nearby. "Do you want any help, Ms., ehm...?"

Her eyes roamed the shelves as she walked, looking for any bandages or other kinds of gauze or cloth she could replace the bloodied bandages the harpy had wrapped her injury in. Perhaps some aspirin, or antibiotics...?
                  Last edited by GargantuaBlarg; 19th September 2011, 11:03.
                  Spoiler

Hikari are, iza susume!
                  Wear Sunscreen.

Comment

Jonas had already gone to looking about the aisles of the small shop, scavenging for anything that might be useful or good for bartering in the near future. When he came across the avian woman, however, he stopped, and looked over her mutations with sympathy. "Poor thing. She's worse off than me." he says in a low voice, trying not to spook her, and realizing this was the set of shelves where Olivia had come from, the gears in his head slowly clicking into place. "Looks less human than me, but damn if she isn't more human than me." he thinks to himself, then goes about scavenging the shelves.

Comment

Working...
                    X