• Freeform

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Traditional RP

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Would anyone be open to an Ikki Tousen RP? It is basically a martial arts anime with heavy fanservice and is just bordering on hentai if not actual light hentai. With a sort of premise around The Romance of the Three Kingdoms. If I were to implement this, characters would start off most likely as nobody F rank toushi and would have to battle several opponents to improve their ranking. And I am uncertain if I would be willing to allow PCs to be main cast of the series, mostly due to broken power levels. So any thoughts?

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Thoughts of an Ikki Tousen RP

Well that would be a nice idea,i haven't watched ikki tousen that much but i know the basics.I guess there won't be alot of male characters eh? (It's not like im complaining...hehe)

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Depending if anyone else might show possible interest I'll try to get on that. However while I want to point out that I intend to have H content it will be pretty much exclusively vanilla, or just human on human. No tentacles or anything. Depending on how people make their characters there could possibly be other fetishes such as scat,bondage,BDSM,toys and etc; but pretty much exclusively vanilla sex.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I could try to play as a male character, I think... I'm not really interested in Ikki Tousen, but an RP like that might be fun.

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well count me in then,but i maybe won't be able to post that much with school and all.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

What would be the best format for running it when I do manage to get in the right gear? PbP or traditional? or something else?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd prefer a regular forum RP like others, altough I could probably fit in with other options.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

i saw little of ikki tousen but i thought it was pretty cool. i'll show interest.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm still trying to get things worked out such as; should I go with the series canon, make a new story, working out the play system, experience, abilities and such. Any input, suggestions, etc. would help out a lot.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Is this RP going to rely on a system a lot? How much is going to be affected by stats and such? That is a very important question to me, my participation may depend on the answer.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Well the fighters in Ikki Tousen have to grow stronger by defeating opponents for their Megatama to go up in rank and strength. I originally had like a five or six stat system that had to be bought with XP for higher levels. And what you spent more points in was what your character's specialty was. I think it might need to be watered and dumbed down a bit. If not doing away with stats and experience altogether sort of like MGI. Its one of the biggest things I'm dealing with for the game atm besides setting and plot.

undead_kenny

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It could be actually interesting if the story was all original and not the one from the series but that's just my opinion.And i would really love to help you with the stat system there tentari but i don't have the slightless clue about what you should do.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Personally I prefer freeform. But I guess it's up to the GM.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I don't want people starting off insanely powerful; though I suppose I could leave it as freeform and just throw random faceless fighters at you; the trick is finding out how you would get stronger if anyone would get the urge to go after mainstream characters from the series who would obviously be more powerful then they are.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I liked Ikki Tousen, perverts like me never get enough fan-service. And an H-oriented Ikki Tousen sounds even better. I suppose a display of my interest is in order.

For stats or freeform and whatnot, I think a simple list of 'grades' we each have in our possession is enough, coupled with a description of each. Like, an F grade might be displayed as such;

"You know how to punch and kick, and you at least know how to make them hurt. But the technique behind those attacks is still foreign to you."

Maybe not the best description to go into the do's and dont's for this particular idea, but it'd give us a basic description for our skills, so that the insanely impossible, is impossible. And so that we can freeform.

I'm just talkin' about a mix of the two ideas. Ignore me.

OP
TentanariX

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmmm. Sounds good. I guess I could put that up for starters. As well as a school and region list. Also should I put up information on certain characters or series information? And do you have any input for what I should do for the setting; in-series, after the series, before the series? That sort of thing.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not familiar with the setting, really, so I can't tell what could be better. I guess I'll refrain from voting.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I only watched the first few episodes, but the first fills you in on the details.

First; Schools are basically territory for each group. I forget how many schools there are, but each one has the full intention of forcing the others to submit to their power, and merge into them via forceful takeover. It's basically like modern day gangwars, except it's through martial arts that they compete(not limited to bare hands, either, from what I've seen. Other martial weapons, such as nun-chuks, have been wielded by some of the characters.)

And second thing you should know, is what was referenced by Tent, the Megatama(which looks like the Yin and Yang symbol, only split in half). It's an accessory that you wear somewhere on your body, that marks you as a fighter. I also believe that something about it was supposed to reveal which gang you were apart of, perhaps color, but the most important aspect that the series mentioned was that it supposedly contained your power, and allowed you to grow stronger as you defeated more and more opponents, thus raising it's rank.

From the start, I guess Tent intends us all to start out as 'freshmen' to the school, who'll no doubt get pummeled by the senior members of the gang in order for them to assert their authority over you.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After watching the first episode I'm starting to gain some interest. I'll need to do more research, but I can tell I already like the series. I'm a sucker for anything Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

After waffling on this for a few days, I think I'm going to have to say that I'm interested. Like Termite, I love the Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff, but I've only seen the first episode of Ikki Tousen. Because my knowledge of the Three Kingdoms is much greater than my knowledge of the series, I've been thinking up characters based on rather minor Three Kingdoms people.