Healing the Worlds Wounds (Zilrax)

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Healing the Worlds Wounds (Zilrax)

The dog's eyes would widen almost unnoticeable when the pliers came out. "I should tell you now, I do not feel pain."

Giving a moment for that to hopefully calm down Syn, the dog would continue. "And I am sorry for not telling you more before, but if you had not accepted the contract you would likely be being used as a baby factory for that butterfly now. They do not usually go easy on magically inclined normal humans."

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

"Then you should have no problem with me holding these.," says Syn calmly, "Nor should you have a problem if you just talk honest and straight with me."

She leans back in the chair with a grunt, "So I woulda been raped by a butterfly. That is somehow compatible with me sexually. Gross. Now explain how this is possible, why this is happening, and why me. Oh and who and what are you? And to top it all off, why the fuck can I strategically disassemble myself for combat?"

She was trying to be civil but she was really freaking out right now.

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, in order," The dog started, still eyeing the pliers warily, "Yes. Because it isn't actually a butterfly, it is a being called a Youma, which is indeed sexually compatible with you. Why this is happening is because you are one of the rare people in this city that happens to have a very high natural aptitude for magic. It was only now that it stopped being dormant, and as a result the Youma was hunting you. I managed to get to you before it did, and granted you the power to fight back against them."

The dog paused for a moment, seemingly considering how to answer the next question, "As for what I am, you could say I am something like a recruiter. I recruit girls with capabilities like you to fight back against the Youma. Otherwise they would continue to grow and pick off unsuspecting human females that had no hope of fighting back. You can call me whatever you want, as I do not have a name myself."

"Finally, you can disassemble yourself because that is how your magic decided to manifest itself. It is different for everyone, though it is usually a representation of someones inner self to some extent. I can't really tell you anything other then that on that subject. Now for a question of mine, do you have the seed the creature dropped? If you give it to me I can purify it."

Zilrax

Reputation score

"The rupee? Yeah, catch.," says Syn, pulling the gem out of her pocket and tossing it over, her frowning a bit as she mulled over this information.

"Okay, so what the fuck is a youma and where did it come from? And how the hell does nobody know about giant rape butterflies running around? Cus I'm not entirely convinced I'm not having some sort of schizophrenic breakdown.," grimaces Syn, shaking her head with a sigh.

"And for that matter, where the heck did you come from? Nameless talking dogs that disappear and reappear are not a thing. So you had to come from somewhere too. I will withhold naming you until I get my wits. And so... What, the catch is I've been drafted to fight those things? Christ, like I wasn't overworked already..."

Ugh, every answer just raised more questions. Magic being real, rape bugs, talking dogs... Through the Looking Glass had nothing on her...

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The youma have always existed as long as humans have," The dog replied, catching the seed with its surprisingly dexterous tail. Then it seemed to be purging the dark colour of the seed, forcing blue light into it, "Your ancestors called the daemons and fae. The average person these days can't see them, let alone interact with them, if the youma doesn't want to be seen or touched. The immense populations these days having stretched magic in your kind thin."

"As for what I am?" The dog said with a grin, "A guy's got to have some secrets. I am here to help though, and you are not the only contracted I work with so you don't have to worry about running around all the time."

The purification of the seed seemed to be done, and the dog tossed it back over to Syn. "Here you go, when in your magical girl form, put that up to her chest or your weapon. It'll boost your bodies resilience and your combat capabilities respectively."

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Okay... Nice catch.," blinks Syn, "So you're saying I'm magical and so I'm attracting demons. You'll pardon if I find your reluctance a bit suspect. Are you just a different kind of demon or something? Well whatever, Max. So what now, besides... Gem shenanigans...?"

Syn catches the gem, putting it in her pocket and getting up and putting the pliers away. "I don't trust you, but the bugs real enough evidently. I might just be delusional, mind. But not much can do about it now. Just remember, I don't like being manipulated or played, and if I find out you've been toying with me, I'll find a way to make you miserable. Otherwise you can earn my trust like anyone else."

She moves over and get's some food for Lyn and sets it in a bowl for her, and refills her bowl with fresh water as she works. "In any case, so whenever the world turns blue, I lose my head and run off and fight demons through the looking glass? That the long and short of it?"

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No, that blue effect was because the Youma was suppressing the area." Max said. "You can change whenever you want to, you just need to think about doing it. You can even detect the Youma before they can you, usually. It feels something like a pull from what the other contracted have said."

"Otherwise, it's a reasonable summary." Max seemed to be edging toward Lyn's bowl. "Any chance you have some extra food? I haven't ate in a few days."

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Oh. Can I do that too? Might be awkward if my head suddenly comes off and my spines in hand.," asks Syn, blinking, "And you said magic. I mean obviously magic is why my head comes off and I'm not dead horrifically, but does that mean I can turn people into toads somehow or something?

She blinks a bit at Max's behaviour, then grabs another set of bowls, getting him food and water, blinking wryly.

"Yeah, okay. You're a talking teleporting dog who somehow can't just teleport to food or something? Seriously, I don't get you at all, Max."

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's apparently improper use of my powers to teleport into peoples pantries and eat there food." Max said, and judging by the tone of his voice it was a topic he had argued with someone about extensively before. "And I am unfortunately stuck to this form no matter how much I would like to change it. Regardless, thank you."

Max would begin eating, his voice not at all hindered by that fact. "As for turning people into toads, no I highly doubt you could do that with what I saw of your form. You'll have to learn what you can do by yourself, though if I were to guess I think might be capable of healing, or maybe movement magic. I can't say either for sure. You should naturally be much stronger and faster though. Most contracted are able to leap multiple buildings in a single jump if they wish."

Zilrax

Reputation score

"I'll give them that one but there's entire warehouses of food that's gonna go to waste anyways, eat that.," grunts Syn, "Oh noes, the food hoarding corps are down 10 bucks."

"Okay so... HOW do I figure it out, like do I wave hands or read from a spellbook or get a wand and yell Wingardium Leviosa or some nonsense?," asks Syn dryly as she watches the dogs eat, leaning against the counter.

Jumping buildings did sound pretty awesome though. No more morning commute, she could jump to work, heh.

"Well the obvious issues will be if I can heal, and you get in trouble for teleporting to feed yourself, am I about to be told I'm not allowed to heal those hurt cus it might reveal magic or some nonsense?"

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It comes naturally. Just think of a power you want to use, and if you can do it it will happen. If not then it won't do anything." Max said nonchalantly, then his tone got more serious. "And unfortunately yes, you can't heal normal people. Magic is best kept hidden from them and if you use such powers on them. You will find yourself quickly either carted off by the rich elite for there own use, or the criminal world for much the same."

Max seemed very serious about that. Possibly because he had lost contracted in such a way before. "As for why I can't teleport and steal food, its not because of hiding magic, it is because the other contractors thought it was improper conduct. So few of them know or even want to have fun."

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Great! I have powers that can help those in need but I can't affect them, and weapons that I can only use to stop monsters. If I die in a random explosion during work I think the sheer level of irony will cause a black hole and consume the planet.," says Syn, throwing her hands up irritably.

She shakes her head and growls a bit. "Funny how much everything can change abruptly yet very little changes despite it. Phenomenal cosmic powers that are only good for maintaining the status quo. I can keep monsters from ruining the world, but I can't save the little boy who got shot or the girl who got raped by humans or what not."

She walks over to her chair and sinks into it, picking up a stress ball and squeezing it over and over, clearly fuming. "My own fault for getting excited. Suppose it's my lot in life, to bandage up the wounds and hope I can keep people at large in blissful ignorance a little while longer."

She sighs a bit, continuing to crush the ball over and over.

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, some girls fight criminal elements. We consider it much less potentially dangerous then trying to heal people. Criminals getting beat up and left for police don't get people to care as much." Max said. "But yes, you are not the not the first person who has pointed out the irony."

"Sorry, if it was up to me I'd let you do it, but the majority of the contractors decided against letting magic be known.

If Syn had no more questions, Max would finish his food and dissapear shortly there after. Leaving Syn to spend the rest of her day however she saw fit.

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Great. Well I'm no detective, and I'm not going to just beat random people up with magic powers. If they're like, mugging someone in front of me sure, but it doesn't address why crime is so prominent to begin with...," sighs Syn with a shrug.

When Max has finished eating, Syn shrugs a bit. "Well, I don't want you starving so guess you're my second dog now, and I'll keep you fed. Couldn't live with myself if I let someone suffer when I could fix it without much effort myself."

Once Max disappeared, she mulled things over a bit, before idly deciding to close the curtains and practice a bit, trying to transform again and start trying to... do things magically, with no particular focus, just trying random things to do.

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Having transformed into her magical girl form. Syn would face the return of one of the larger risks of her new body. Namely that her head threatened to fall off again.

Either way once she managed to actually get to trying, Syn would realize she almost had an instinctive feeling about how to use her magic. She'd feel some energy being pulled out of a place insider her, located mysteriously right near her heart, and she'd see the world around her shift a bit. It wasn't like when the butterfly had appeared earlier, instead it was like everything seemed slightly out of phase with her, and if she tried to touch anything she'd find her hand passing right through it, and her whole body would follow if she tried or tripped.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Syn curses as she changes and her head falls off. She grumbles and picks her head up and heads over into the drawers, pulling out one of Lyn's collars and leash, attaching it to her head. There, now she could keep track of her darn head!

Once done she began doing as her instincts demanded. She blinked in surprise as everything went... Weird. She started walking and leaned against the door, before yelping and falling through it. "Gah, what the hell?!"

She tried to get up, looking around. So her magic was she could... go through everything? Well holy crap this was awesome. All the lives she could save doing this... But could she take others with her doing this? She decided to see if she went through Lyn, and if she could make Lyn phase as well...

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leashing her head to her body would indeed help keep it from rolling away. Lyn almost seemed confused, the dog looking around trying to see Syn, and when the magical girl walked through the dog she'd find that she would just pass through her. Though the dog seemed to calm down a bit at the passing.

If she let go of the magic that was keeping her outside of reality, she'd be able to touch Lyn and bring the dog along with her, though she'd feel a very noticeable drain on her energy if she did, it was highly unlikely she could bring more then one person with her.

Some more trials with her magic would turn out that she also could quick hop teleport, though she appeared to lack any offensive magic right now.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Syn played with her magic, giggling at Lyn's confusion, as she ghosted them both, and found she could disappear and reappear throughout her house in a blur. This was amazing! She seemed to lack magic to harm, but this didn't bother her much. Hurting people was something she didn't want to do unless she had to.

Once satisfied with her grasp on her magic, she turned back to normal, deciding to check the tv for now. Hell of a day off. Tempting as she was to go porting around town, she didn't want to risk it just yet. Plus she was still on call if an emergency arose.

Mostly she just hoped that magic didn't attract any hostile monsters she'd have to spank and make a mess of her house against.

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Syn didn't have to worry about a youma kicking down her door, and the day passed quite quietly. Max didn't come back though, and as evening came she might have the opportunity to go out hunting for youma without risking crowds. It was kinda her second job now.

Last edited:

Zilrax

Reputation score

Syn, wasn't really sure she had to go out hunting Youma. That hadn't exactly been expressed either. Still, she supposed she had a responsibility to at least move around the neighborhood and make sure no one was getting bug raped.

So Syn got her collar on, and put food and water out for Lyn, rubbing the dog's head. "Be good, Lyn. I'll be back soon." Least she didn't have to worry about Lyn being violated, heh.

With that done she shifted to ghost mode and headed off to patrol the general area, just to be sure there wasn't any trouble happening.