The Weight of Power (TentanariX)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Weight of Power (TentanariX)

Lan would find that as she wandered the world in her magical girl form, no one seemed to notice her. Not only that, they seemed to lose notice of anything she touched as long as she was still touching it. Whether she decided to use this for good or ill was up to her, but that new game was rather expensive. Lu was also invisible to the world, and followed along with her, curious of the sights of the world. She was about to leave when she'd notice the new game she had come to see was also radiating a small amount of magical energy, similar to the game she had had brought to her by the contractor.
    Sliiiiiiiiimes
    Mythweavers Charactersheet
    Orcpub version, includes picture

Comment

Lan was surprised at her magical girl personas side effect imbisibleness at first, thinking it was both cool and a little unsettling how anything she interacted seemed to go invisible and more or less out of mind, as if togepi or contractors in general didnt want anyone to be aware of magical girls. Though the more she thought about it the more she came to think it was a good thing. Youma or paparazzi or other pests or ne'er do wells would just hound them non stop if they were aware of who they were. Though she also had to wonder how many of any magical girls simply went rogue with their powers and how said things were handled... Lan wasn't a criminal, however and wouldn't use her powers to swipe the game, instead saving up for it with allowance or a part time job. Or at least, she wouldn't really steal it per se, "Its more like borrowing... With every intention of bringing it back." She would tell her self before pocketing it in her purse, "There's definitely something magical about this "New Game" and whether its a youma or another magical its probably something I oughta investigate further." She justified her unpaid purchase before continuing through her other stops she planned for the day. If nothing else of note or interest would come up at the other places, she would head on back home to meet shiino and check out the retro console togepi informed them about last night...
      Spoiler

Perfection is humanly impossible. The more you reach for it the farther away it grows. Failure is inherited to our species as a whole. But punishing ourselves and beating ourselves up for it helps nothing. The best any decent person can do is try, and try, and try again. And try to get better little by little day by day.

Comment

After taking the game and leaving the store, Lucario would follow her around the rest of the mall, and end up dragging her to a hot dog stand. Though they would have to head a bit of distance away so Lan could 'uncloak' and actually buy some of the food. Which would get her a rather large hug from the blue pokemon and soon after that they would head through the rest of her destinations. They encountered no Youma though, or other magical girls in the process surprisingly enough.

By the time she got back home, she'd find Shiino, in her magical girl form, was waiting outside her house for her. "Hello Lan! I'm ready to go deal with that game."
        Sliiiiiiiiimes

Comment

"Oh! Heya, Shiino!" Land would greet her best friend as she would return to her house, "I was just snooping around town- you know, sniffing around for other youma or magical girls. That hot new open world JRPG that came out recently was in. I wanted to try it out anyways, but when I got to the store I picked up something... Magicky. I think we have another youma or something. But whatever it is will have to wait until we deal with this Final Fantasy youma togepi brought up. I ahm... 'borrowed' the game from the store. It turns out were invisible to everyone while in magic girl mode... OH! WHAT!? Don't give me that look! I guess taking something without paying IS stealing! But I dont plan on keeping it. I just wanted to see what was up with it. Its not like I'm going to take up a life of crime okay!? Anyways, What say we call up togepi and hop on in to deal with this youma, okay!?" She would finish before taking the console and game togepi had delivered to her place before setting everything up and starting the game...
          Spoiler

Perfection is humanly impossible. The more you reach for it the farther away it grows. Failure is inherited to our species as a whole. But punishing ourselves and beating ourselves up for it helps nothing. The best any decent person can do is try, and try, and try again. And try to get better little by little day by day.

Comment

Shiino continued to give Lan the look through her explanation, before sighing. "I can't really get to down on you, its better then letting it fall into some random person's hands." The time controlling girl said as they set up the console, and as soon as the console was set up, the togepi appeared in the center of the room.

I see you three are ready to go? I will make sure no one disconnects the console while you are inside, if you need assistance, just call for me, I will try to provide you whatever information I can.

With that the TV was turned on, and the two girls could feel it starting to pull on them, but they had enough control that they could jump in at their own decision instead of getting yanked in.
            Sliiiiiiiiimes

Comment

Land would take Shiinos before standing up and placing her hand to the television and addressing her bestie, "Shiino? You ready? Let's goooooooooo" she would drift off as she and Shiino would be sucked into the TV to deal with the latest youma problem. She had no idea what to expect as she didn't know what the world of the incredibly archaic formula of quite possibly the first true JRPG would be converted in its own dimension, 8-bits was a long way away from where games had come today...
              Spoiler

Comment

Jumping into the world of an ancient game, Lan and Shino would feel the world spinning around them, lights of all sorts flashing by. Until with a thud they found themselves landing in an open field, a large city in the distance. Though on closer inspection it was less a large city, and more the ruins of one, as smoldering smoke drifted into the air from it.
                Sliiiiiiiiimes

Comment

Once the weird feeling of being virtualized would once again reside, Lan would take a moment to survey her surroundings, taking everything in for a brief time before her attention would almost immediately be drawn to the smoking ruins of what would have once been a fairly large city. It looks like we were too late, at least for these poor people... she thought to herself before gently clasping Shiinos arm to get her attention, "Cmon Shiino, we better check this out. Not that there's too much else in the general area to see; but I bet this city's fate has Youma written all over it. Be careful and stick close alright?"
                  Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                  X