What's new

Maid RPG signup/OOC thread

Hi There!

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Maid RPG signup/OOC thread

Hey Sorry for my unannounced leave of absence, moved back into the dorms, forgot to leave a message.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

My internets should return to me on the 31st this month. I don't think I want to take over the game as a GM, but would still be up for playing if someone else is able to take the reigns.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm currently holding the reins for Ashbourne Estates, if loosely! Feel free to post at any time.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You know, honestly, I kinda just want to leave it until Inc gets back. If he gets back, anyway. :x

I would say "start a new mansion"... but that's an entirely different thing, to make up new chars from the ones that we had only started to play with, and to put together an entirely new campaign.

...I'd volunteer to run one, but I've never run anything before, so I wouldn't know what the fuck I was doing. Nevermind that I'm passive-as-fuck (probably bad if I'm supposed to write plot hooks or move shit along), or that I pretty much just started RPing at all here, not that long ago.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

There is that. Would you guys prefer to keep things at Ashbourne on hold? Honestly, while I've been excited to see our game continue, I've been uncomfortable with running Incubus' game and only took it over because he sounded so unlikely to return in his PM. I really was enjoying my character and was looking forward to figuring her out and getting a better handle on her.

It could bear some discussion to start a new game -- and I would be willing to set things up -- out of respect for Incubus' if he decides to comes back... one solution could be to clone the maids and put them in the new mansion, if you would like to continue playing with yours. (On the other hand, character creation is fun~)

Ideally, Incubus would come back feeling refreshed and willing to start posting as a GM again, and we'd have /two/ games to RP in, (and of course he'd be able to roll up a character for this hypothetical new game whenever, seeing as how his character was written out of Blue's!) If he chooses not to come back, then I suppose that it would be more respectful to his memory to let his thread lie?

What do the rest of you prefer? Blue, I know that you were pushing to start up that thread again, but what do you think of starting a new mansion and either cloning Elaina into it, or creating a new maid? (I know you like making new characters! >: D)

Would you guys have any preference for kinds of scenes, plot hooks, or themes? I have a mansion rolled up already from when I was playing around with the options, so I could start up a randomized one -- or we could work together to add a few themes and wants to a basic framework. I'm assuming that if we were to go this route, everyone is okay with at least mildly mature content? :p

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Would you be up to having another maid join in Paper-kun? :3

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

It depends on if you guys are willing to RP amongst yourselves in between my event-forwarding posts, as there will be a point in the next couple of weeks when I'm moving and may not have good access to the computer. XD It also depends on who all is interested. Five is a good number, but precedence would go to the folks who were playing in Ashbourne and are forced to wait due to this inconvenience.

Long answer short, tentatively yes. I'm curious to see who is interested first before I make any solid answers.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd be fine with making a new maid in a new mansion if Ashbourne lies dormant. If Blarg and Wall want to co-mod, I'll play.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, it looks like there'll be someone to ninja me to this post another game rolling soon. It'll be run by Wallpaper and I. Uniquely, it will have two masters! And two butlers.

The plan is kind of completely nebulous at the moment, but so far we've settled on a less serious approach and a contemporary setting - with some fantastic elements, so it'll be slightly less out of place when one of you rolls up a lamia vampire werewolf zombie mermaid. We'll be in a big mansion. The basement will definitely, undoubtedly, totally not rape you. There will be science. Prepare your anus.

Wall's gonna be occupied for the next couple of weeks, so PM me and we'll see about getting you a character. Priority goes to those from Ashbourne, but we'll likely be able to take on more than the usual five. ...It'll probably be a clusterfuck, but hopefully it'll be a fun clusterfuck. :)

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I...just want to make a character. I don't want to use her in any of the estates either in use or in planning, but I really love character creation. Now I just have to see if I can understand a new set of rules...

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

These rules don't really lend themselves well to newbies quickly generating characters, but it essentially boils down to 'roll about fifty d6's and use them to fill in the corresponding blanks.' If you're thinking of joining, GB is really helpful with char generation.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

. I kinda have to roll up your characters manually for the game here, but if you want roll up characters for fun (like I do) then that thing's good for messin' around.

Anyway, it's not that hard. All you have to do is roll... yeah, about 50d6, and then reference a bunch of charts. What you roll is mostly character fluff, even - things like dress color or quirks like "you have glasses" and "you are a [weird monstergirl]", which don't affect you mechanically.

Mechanics-wise, your stats are really just multipliers for a d6 roll whenever you want to do stuff. That's mostly it - it's pretty rules-light.

You've got "HP" in the form of "Stress"; when you accumulate as much stress as your max, you freak the fuck out and have to start roleplaying whatever stress explosion you have for "1 minute per point accumulated*" - meaning maids with low Stress thresholds freak out often but not for long, while high-stress-threshholders (like my Peaches in Ashbourne) spaz out forever. Then there's Favor, which is kinda like exp, in that you can boost stats with it, but you also can spend it on things like making random events happen or removing stress. You get Favor for pleasing Master, but you can also lose it, and you have to keep it above 0 or else you get dismissed. You can decrease stats to keep yourself from getting kicked out... but, well, in my opinion, that's kinda shitty.

*a minute per point doesn't work well in pbp, of course, so it was bumped up to 12 hours in real life per point. Peaches has 50 stress, so if I somehow ever DID hit my stress explosion, it would be going for... like, 25 days.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There are rules for seduction and comforting that can decrease stress and grant additional favor. Also, favor can be spent to reduce stress as well.

The point of the game is to have fun and do zany things and have every maid fight for the affections of the master and one another.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

I want to play this one too, but i suppose than other will be a better choice and i have already two.

@Blue: Ohhh, so that is the goal of the game O.O
i was thinking that it was a survivor game.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@plmnko: lol! No it's not about eliminating the other maids... at least not by default!

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Though I suppose you could play it to force favour down for other Maids... that'd probably wind up being really difficult, though. XD

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Hey, just a heads up... I think I've said this before, maybe somewhere else, but I'm going through some difficult personal issues right now, so I may be slow between posts. Please bear with me and understand.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

To all my maids, a few things to address:

1.) I may have a post out today before work, if not it might be Thursday when I have some real free time.
2.) I am considering possibly switching the mistress out with a mistress/master who fits the dark hentai theme of the game. Either that or switching the theme and/or genre to a light hearted one; but possibly still hentai; like GargantuanBlarg's.

What are your thoughts on all of this?

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

...On a related note, I should probably announce that Wallpaper is overwhelmed with her move and stuff, and so it will sadly be your typical single-master mansion.

...That's provided it even gets enough players to start, as only BlueSlime and TentanariX have signed up. Out of the two Ashbourne players left (as Blue, Wall, and I made up the other three), one's not interested, and one doesn't really know/is gone until the 31st. That's two players, with a possibility of three. :\

Digress: Both current players rolled scythes for weapons.

As it stands, my game has basically Ranma-Laharl for a master. She is a precocious genius by the name of Harriet, a spoiled, bratty little sister to her unusually-older-brother. Her butler, Domonic, is a pretty great guy (lolmaxaffection), like (and possibly is) a brother (rolled the same hair color). Anyway, some crazy shit went down, and now her butler is infested with an ice-devil from Cocytus, the ninth circle of hell, and Harriet changes gender when she gets wet. Not that kind of wet.

The mansion is... a little unfleshed out, still. There'll be a few other, not-maid staff around; as was last decided, I think it was just a few gardeners and handymen, a chauffeur, and some scientists. Open-air bath (>gender hijinx), a few more unusual features (>scientists).

Indiana Jones may somehow play a part in this.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

HI TO ALL!!!!

This is a message for all the players of TentanariX mansion ( Hi there!, Iggy, Skull_man, Aztlan, MBS, Tiffanian, shade and plmnko...well not plmnko).

Please, post here if you want to continue playing or had decided to stop playing this game, thanks and sorry for this usseless post.