Would it be possible to play a monster? Say, a harpy? :D

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Encyclopedia RPG

It's freeform, so yessir, you can play a monster girl if that's what you want.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

*Stamps a big fucking' IN sticker on this post*

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That could be interesting. Female players play as the monsters? I dunno.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Female players play as the monsters?
Forgive me if I misinterpreted your meaning, but it seemed like you may be thinking people who want females don't have a choice but to be a monster. You can be a human to.

But, that does bring about an interesting scenario; A woman on this forum, roleplaying as a monster girl, and raping all the men! :D

I believe that was why women's rights were made, so women could rape men equally.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

this looks good so im interested in joining this

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Awesome idea is awesome.

That is all I have to say about this idea.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Forgive me if I misinterpreted your meaning, but it seemed like you may be thinking people who want females don't have a choice but to be a monster. You can be a human to.

But, that does bring about an interesting scenario; A woman on this forum, roleplaying as a monster girl, and raping all the men! :D

I believe that was why women's rights were made, so women could rape men equally.
I think I dreamt that before.

.. err, I mean... I'm in
that's what she said.....yes... she

greatone

Lurker
Reputation score

This sounds very interesting.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HOLY SHIT there is a lot of interest!

I suppose I'll go ahead and get to work on those character sheets.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I suppose interest is obvious, definitely more than I expected(none).
Actually, I have a setting based off the monstergirl encyclopedia and random pictures still sitting around somewhere, fully developed and ready but I just couldn't get off my ass to actually use it. It's been about a year now, let me know if you need any help with any bits of it.

Until then, would you kindly post any suggestions for what you'd like to see?

There's a site where you can go to check on monstergirls, which will work great for working up inspiration.

I'm also posting to show interest, I'll keep watching this for a bit to see if I'll actually try to join.(I can be very picky sometimes, one big deal to me is post speed, if a forum rp moves at the speed of a chatroom, I'll not join, and just play something in a chatroom, if a chat rp goes at the speed of a forum, then they should try to take it to the forum..Also, I study game design, so expect me to sometimes poke at the systems that are supposed to be behind the scenes)

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Island OOC chat

It most certainly won't move at the speed of a chatroom. I don't want carpal tunnel so early in my life, and I already learned my lesson from AWMBI about posting crazy like that.

You will see more than one update a day usually, however, and that usually depends on how many people have posted at the time. If there's only one, I'll come back later.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

The gist of the roleplay would mainly be about you(Aren't you special?) having been put on a ship, for reasons that are your own, that's headed for an uncharted island, in medieval times.
I have a couple of setting questions.

1.) Is there magic around? (I'm assuming a little just based on some of the Encyclopedia girls.) If so, how prevalent is it and how socially acceptable to openly be a magic user.

2.) Is there a particular cultural background for the areas surrounding the island? Traditional Western fantasy kingdoms? Japanese or mythic Chinese? Ancient Greece? Arabian Knights? What kind of characters would be most appropriate?

3.) Is it going to be okay to play a character who, hypothetically, wouldn't accept the "tame" monsters as being safe? In any case, I don't think I'll be playing a character who will collect pets but I'm curious if it would be too annoying to have a character who would want to exterminate any of the monsters that she ran across even if they're leashed.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

3.) Is it going to be okay to play a character who, hypothetically, wouldn't accept the "tame" monsters as being safe? In any case, I don't think I'll be playing a character who will collect pets but I'm curious if it would be too annoying to have a character who would want to exterminate any of the monsters that she ran across even if they're leashed.
Only if we can tame her back hehe

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1.) Is there magic around? (I'm assuming a little just based on some of the Encyclopedia girls.) If so, how prevalent is it and how socially acceptable to openly be a magic user.
Outside of the island, where the human(ish) people are coming from, magic is mostly folklore. The island filled with monster girls is where magic is accepted, and common knowledge.

If you're wanting a magic-wielding character, we can just simply say he-she was sensitive to magic, and being on the island fueled them with magical power.

2.) Is there a particular cultural background for the areas surrounding the island? Traditional Western fantasy kingdoms? Japanese or mythic Chinese? Ancient Greece? Arabian Knights? What kind of characters would be most appropriate?
The island is pretty much in neutral waters, and it's mostly going to be a group of volunteers and mercenaries on board the ship traveling to the island, so there's nothing that'd be inappropriate. However, the location the ship will be coming from is of the Western continent, as everyone will be speaking in English. :p

I'll work around it, if your character's like that, to at least make it enjoyable. Rather than having you kill innocent werebunnies all over the place. >.>

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll work around it, if your character's like that, to at least make it enjoyable. Rather than having you kill innocent werebunnies all over the place. >.>
So generally speaking, is the default assumption for the setting going to be that the Monsters are nice-ish (or at least generally person-like despite their natural drive to get all rapey)?

EDIT:

Let me add a question that might be easier to answer. We're all headed to the island from an outside place. What does the world in general think about the Encyclopedia girls? What is the typical attitude in setting about the Orcs and Lizardfolk and whatnot.

EDIT OF EDIT:

Or the half-breed humans, for another example.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The outside world is unaware of any rapist monster girls. All of the boats the venture near the island, heading to it to start a civilization, or just exploring the unknown ocean, is first attacked by the sea creatures that live near the island, bound to it. Those that made it onto the island, ended being forced to live there, usually constantly under sexual assault by the monsters that inhabit the whole island.

Both women and men inhabit the island, and have for a long time before your arrival. So basically, all of your characters get a nasty surprise when they find out what inhabits the island.

Edit: The half-breeds usually receive the common racism that occurs in modern life, but they are accepted as having equal rights as humans. Their cousins on the island are corrupted by powerful demonic magic.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

So basically, all of your characters get a nasty surprise when they find out what inhabits the island.
I'm probably going to bow out of the game. It's nothing personal or against the premise, I'm just a little burned out on the "Overmatched Normal People Thrown Into A Situation They Never Expected" subgenre or roleplaying.

The last games that I've tried to get into here have been:

A) Zombie Apocalypse featuring normal people when suddenly there are zombies.
B) Nightmares Unnnamed featuring normal people when suddenly there are monsters.
C) AWMBI featuring normal people (and special types but I was a normal person) when suddenly all the animals are out for raep. ;)
D) Secret Apocalypse featuring normal people when suddenly there were floating things.
E) Dungeon of Pleasure featuring normal people suddenly waking up in a dungeon full of monsters
F) Arena of Lust which didn't feature normal people at all and was awesome and fun.
G) Fear of the Dark featuring normal people when suddenly there are monsters.

I wish you good luck on this one, though. It may not be for me right now but there are clearly lots of people who enjoy it. I'll be reading the fun :D