Forum of the Elder Gods (Grave;Cross)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Oval Eyes (Grave)

A single blink would cross over his mother's expression, as if she hadn't expected those words to be spoken, "I am among the dead, not because I allowed my son out of my arms..." she told him simply, before slowly raising an arm, and waving it slowly in one direction, spanning over the entire room, as she seemed to manipulate the very particles of magic in the air. "Use your eyes and ears, as well as your heart, as you witness the day the black winged prophet stole you from your crib. Through my eyes, your blood might remember the meaning of honor, and the sacrifices we make to uphold that honor. And once you understand the Echidna's meaning of honor, you will understand it's power..."

The particles in the room suddenly lost focus as Grave's mother finished her statement to him. They shifted gracefully, like dust in the air, but with more purpose, as they formed over every single part of the room, shaping over the cracks, dirt, and waste that covered the walls, floor and ceiling. And once the particles took shape, the room seemed fit, and proper again, well suited for someone of royal blood.

Various memories of the time Cynder fell unconscious came flooding into his mind as he saw the room. Memories of the day he was born, as he'd understand, was what he realized they were, when everything seemed exactly as it were in the dream.

In the room, his mother, no longer on the bed, but near a vanity, was holding a small bundle in her arms, clenching it gently to her chest. Slight suckling sounds were heard, as Grave would find that the bundle she held was her baby, suckling on it's mother's tit. His mother hummed softly, a tune that seemed to resonate with his mind as she sang it, as if he'd heard it before, before he'd hear a light knock on the door behind him. His mother gave no answer to the knock, and stopped her humming as well, remaining motionless as she stared down at the baby in her arms.

Eventually, the door opened slowly on it's own, but not of physical nature, as a part of the ghostly door passed right through Cynder's arm. And through the door, the familiar face of Cynthia appeared, as the crow softly stepped into the room, quietly shutting the door behind her, as her red, ethereal eyes peered over at the Echidna queen and her child.

"... Have you considered?" Cynthia inquired in her whisper of a voice.

"Yes, I have." his mother replied sternly, "Your evidence is startling, and concrete. The forces amassing are far beyond what I had thought, and the threat to this island is clear. It would only make sense to send Grave out to safety before the barrier is placed over the island... But..." His mother slowly turned, headed towards Grave's crib as she gently set him down inside, before she'd turn back to Cynthia, "But, I cannot forsake my pride, not only as a mother, but as Queen, by letting any without royal blood take ownership of my child. Even if it means the end of my bloodline, I will not forsake the traditions of honor that have gone unbroken ever since the Echidna assumed royalty on this earth. There is only one way you'll take my child, and that's if I can no longer protect him."

During his mother's announcement to Cynthia on her thought out decision, Cynthia folded her feathers in front of her respectively, while bowing her head with both woe, and seemingly understanding, before her eyelids closed shut. "... What shall I tell him?" she asked simply.

"The truth," his mother responded, "and if you are truly honest about your claim, then see to it that he makes his way back to this place. I will want to see with my own eyes, even from beyond the veil of death, the man who's hopes we will rely on to secure our legacy." Her head turned to look back at Cynder in his crib, "... Tell him your shame, and nothing more that transpired here. Such things are of no business of yours to tell."

Cynthia raised her head slightly, giving his mother a nod, "Yes... I will place myself at his mercy... It is within him, that our hopes lie... I will do anything I can to assist him, and allow him to use me as he sees fit, in repayment for the crime against your family." she told her sternly, yet passively enough for Cynder to be unable to detect any hesitation or doubt in her voice.

In the next moment, a light in front of Cynthia slowly started to gather. It was clear that Cynthia was amassing something that did not mean well for his mother. The light grew so bright, that he could not even see what was happening in front of him. All he could do was hear, as sounds of what could only have been a quick battle unfolded. He heard the sound of a blade piercing flesh, before hearing the sound of flesh being severed. When the light faded, Grave saw clearly, the extent of Cynthia's deeds.

It was unclear what had happened under Cynthia's illusion spell. Once the light cleared, Cynder would witness his mother collapsing to the ground on her back, with a knife clutched in her hand. Cynthia was no longer standing where she was before. Instead, she stood opposite the Echidna, relaxing a flexed wing that was fanned out at her side, before turning around, and kneeling next to Grave's mother in supposed sympathy, fanning her wing over her forehead, as if to caress her.

His mother smiled a little, "Take care of my baby... Teach him the ways of strength, and honor..." she asked of the crow.

Cynthia nodded, "I will..."

Then, as Cynthia kneeled over Cynder's dying mother, the reenactment of the past slowly began to fade. The blue, ghostly particles in the air slowly returning to the shape of his mother, laying on her side in the middle of her bed, looking at Grave with her eyes of steel once more, deciding not to speak words, before watching her 'son' for a reaction.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave's eyebrows raised as he listened to the echidna's words. He was even more suprised when she disappeared, but once the room began to change, he realized what was going on. He even managed to make a mental note on how both Cynthia and his mother seemed to be eager to explain things to him with visions, and wondered briefly whether that was common among those with great power. Then, the memories came.

The peaceful image of a mother holding her child caught him off-guard. Remembering his previous experience, Cynder braced himself for a shock. Instead, he found himself oddly at peace as he listened to the song his mother hummed. Grave began to relax, but he quickly brought his guard up when he heard the knock. He expected something important to happen, and he was right - this was the very moment when Cynthia arrived. Cynder focused his attention on the two women. If there really was something to learn, he wouldn't like to miss the lesson.He had no idea what he was about to witness.

Long story short, the conversation outright shocked Grave. Up to the point where his mother agreed to send him away before the island was isolated, everything seemed simple. But then, everything got complicated. The fact that his mother didn't do what common sense dictated - let the child be taken away without getting anyone harmed - confused him. His confusion began to grow with every word the echidna said, and Cynthia's reply - even though he heard her say similiar words to him - left him wondering what the Hell the two of them were thinking.

When the battle began, Cynder's confusion turned into pure terror. He couldn't bear to stare into the light, but once it faded, the young man could see the aftermath. He watched it without saying a word, his face getting slightly pale. Then, the whole scene began to crumble. Grave blinked. It took him a moment to realize that the illusion was fading and he was returning to reality. Cynder once again found himself under the questioning gaze of his mother and this time, he found himself unable to bear staring into her eyes for long. Slowly, he began to pace around the room, walking a few steps in one direction before turning around and backtracking, repeating the whole process over and over. It was an old habit - a sign that he was lost in thought.

Grave tried to sort his feelings out by replaying the whole scene in his mind over and over and trying to come up with some conclusions. First, he had to list the facts. His mother and Cynthia planned to send him away. Fact. His mother didn't wish to forsake her honor and at the same time, her child. Fact. Cynthia accepted that fact as well as all of it's consequences. Fact. An agreement was made. Fact. Cynder began to analyze these facts, trying to supress the feelings of fear and anger which consumed him, even though he wasn't sure what caused them.

His mother and Cynthia planned everything. From the very beginning, his life was supposed to lead to this point exactly, and Grave had nothing to say in this matter. Yes, that was what angered him. But how did it end for others? His mother died. She fought, knowing that her life would end - or that she would crush the prophet she supported. Cynthia accepted a heavy burden - she'd gladly die for him if he told her to. None of them wanted the child to suffer - and all the suffering Cynder went through wasn't their fault either. The tengu kept her part of the bargain. She sent him to a safe place, leaving him under her friend's care. She chose well, and it was not her nor Grave's mentor fault that the old man died five years too early. She didn't tell him anything she wasn't supposed to tell either. At first, Cynder wondered why Cynthia didn't reveal certain facts to him, facts that he learned after coming to the ruins. Now he knew why.

But what led everyone to do what they did was not common sense. It was faith. Faith in Cynthia's prophecy, faith in the last successor of the royal bloodline, faith in the child of the queen of echidnas. Completely shocked, Grave realized that they trusted him, something he wasn't entirely familiar with. Earlier in his life, there was one man who trusted the half-human - his mentor. He raised Cynder like his son and prepared him for future challenges as much as he could. The young man wondered why the old man went to such lenghts. Now he was sure that he did it because he trusted Cynthia's prophecy as well. And Grave was the one who was supposed to set it all in motion. His burden was heavy and his suffering painful - but at least three people devoted themselves to his sake. It was something Grave wasn't capable of doing - in fact, he had trouble comprehending that.

The last five years taught Cynder that the world is a cruel place and that if he wishes to live, he needs to think about himself first. Altruism was something he knew about, but didn't believe in. In fact, there wasn't a single ideal that Grave believed in, always absolutely sure that such things were merely delusions. Now, he understood the meaning of faith. It was more that just living in a specific way - his mother, his mentor, Cynthia, they were all true believers. And that faith gave them the strenght they needed to do what they had to do, even though they knew how it would end. Throwing one's life away for the sake of honor, pledging to serve one who has a reason to kill you, devoting the remaining years of one's life for the sake of raising a stray - that could not be taken lightly.

Grave stopped walking and looked at his mother again. She waited for him to speak, apparently wishing to know what his reaction was. He wasn't sure whether she was reading him again. Suddenly, she seemed to be far greater than she really was - a woman with an iron will, who takes everything that fate throws at her and faces hardship with head raised high. Cynder's image of Cynthia also changed - in spite of her meek appearance, she was very similiar to his mother. Those two were like titans, towering above him. They put great burden on his arms, but even greater burden on theirs. He was their hope. And what did he turn out to be? He abandoned a woman in need - one who helped him, no less - and ran away, because it was more convenient. And even now, he couldn't help but envy those who had more strenght of character than he ever had.

Grave started to breathe deeply to calm himself down. His legs felt like jelly and his hands were trembling slightly. He wasn't exactly forced to walk this path - before he came here, he had other options available. But now, there was no easy way out of this. He chose without knowing the whole truth, but he had to face the consequences anyway. Cynder resigned himself. He didn't have anything to believe in... Except for any goal he might have in front of him. Right now, he could only abandon all thoughts of turning back and just keep walking along the path he was presented with - and pray that he could reach the end. Grave had to admit that it wasn't that bad - when you're already falling into the abyss, there's nothing else you can do - and there is no place for doubts either. At least his purpose could be clear. Perhaps he would achieve something in life after all...

"I... I'm not sure exactly what is your concept of honor... I'm not entirely sure what Cynthia believes in - I probably didn't match her expectations either... And I'm not sure what the man who raised me wanted me to become. But now I know one thing... I owe all of you one Hell of a debt. So I ask... What must I do to repay all of you?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The black winged woman's life is forfeit, her fate willingly placed within your hands. I know this, for she has sent you back to me, under no benefit of her own... But," she halted her words, shifting a little from where she rested, "One promise that has yet to be fulfilled, is the man of honor that was to be presented to me. Perhaps unfair that I hold her accountable for this, but upon my death, it became her responsibility."

"All that I've wanted you to do, ever since you were born, was to find your honor. Something valuable to defend, to give your life purpose. A reason to carry the sword in your hand, a reason to grow stronger, rather than picking up a sword, just for the sake of growing stronger. Without honor, the most powerful man in the world would just be an idle fool. I gave my life, praying to the fates from the bottom of my heart, that my son would not become something so wretched."

At his mother's words, perhaps Grave would remember his mentor's words, which sought to guide him along such a path, despite his ever growing hatred of the world. Memories of the old man's creased face, looking down sternly at the him. Memories of the pain he felt in his hands, unused to holding a weapon, and of the many attempts the man made to guide him, flocking into his mind, even if only subconscious...

Sitting on a rocking chair, watching his adopted son go about the training he set him about doing, he spoke to the boy, not only of the stances of the sword, but of the psychology behind battle. "Even thieves have honor, Grave." the old man mentioned in a conversation, "Though they may hide, and take from others, there are some who do it to feed a starving child, or to give to those who have nothing."

"But, you must remember, even those who are evil, are not without honor. Despite how many they may hurt, many are not aware that crazed individuals such as they, are going to such incredible lengths because they believe they have to do what they're doing. And some times, they are right."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Honor..." Grave muttered under his breath. He never really had anything to defend - never had any urges to protect anyone, and he never fought for a cause. After his mentor died, he lived for himself, alone in a world that didn't welcome him. This place, however... In a better time, it could become his home. Club wanted to be his friend. Other monsters weren't repulsed by his appearance either. Was this what his mother and others intended him to do? To protect this place from demons or whatever else?

But in the end, Cynder couldn't forget his hatred. There were times when only spite towards other people kept him going. He never believed that his position in the world could be changed. But if someone gave him the chance to do so... He'd gladly strike back at those who scorned him. To pursue the destruction of others was something undoubtedly evil - but was this honorable? Was there really something noble in blind revenge? A ridiculous idea, yet... Very tempting. Grave envisioned this many times in his anger - death and carnage as far as eye can see. The tengu showed him exactly that, and even more. Just what was it in Cynthia's visions that repulsed him so much?

"You said that you wanted me to find my honor... Something I never really considered. What I've always wanted is to cause pain. But right now, I'm really tired of my life. Tired of wandering, tired of people who greet me with nothing but scorn, tired of being alone all the time and finally, tired of being so goddamn ignorant." Once again, irritation was audible in Grave's voice. The past hours were somewhat difficult for him, and now he was about to let some steam out. "I came to this island hoping I can find a home here, and in the end I learn that I'm not only supposed to be some kind of holy or unholy messiah, I'm also the son of the queen of echidnas, creatures I didn't even know about. At this point, I really wish I had someone whom I can blame for everything."

Cynder paused to catch a breath. Everything happened so suddenly, it was almost like a dream. A part of him wouldn't mind if that was the truth. "The real reason why I have nothing to fight for is because I hate the whole damn world. I don't care if it's justified or not. If there's anything I believed in, it's that hatred. To be honest, I'm tired of it as well - one can't be so poisonous for long without burning oneself out. But without that hatred, I have nothing. Or at least, had nothing."

Grave calmed down again. "Before I came here, a certain someone reminded me that in the end, there are people who might accept me. Even though it happened only a few hours ago, I still have trouble remembering it. I find it hard to accept, but the only alternative I have is to fight for those people. This is probably my last chance to change myself. And frankly, I'm afraid of it. It's something bigger than that situation with the spiders outside of this room. It means going to war against forces I don't understand, a war I can't run away from. I just wish I had the willpower to fight, but... The only thing I can do is turn my hatred against my foes. And if I understand correctly, hatred is what I must abandon to find my honor. I wish I knew how to work this out."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"If you truly must blame someone for the grief you feel, then release your frustration on the black winged crow. If murdering her is a way to restore countless years of honorless suffering, I'm certain she will not object to your will, and allow her life to be taken for the sake of pride."

His mother lowered her head, her oval eyes taking on a serpent's glare, "Hatred is not without honor, Grave. Find your honor, and direct that hatred towards those who seek to harm it!" she shouted in a commanding tone, "You have a limited life in this world, only so many days before you join me in the afterlife. Do not waste it! The day you die, I expect to welcome a man of honor into my arms. I want you to make me proud to call you my son, and to call you my King without shame. When we sing the tale of a man's honor, it shall be you who we sing to. On this, I swear, for I shall never rest in peace until you make it so!"

Slithering from her bed in one motion, as quick as the blink of an eye, his mother was soon towering over him on her tail, looking down at him. Then suddenly, she placed her hands over his shoulders, grasping not his body, but his soul with her ethereal hands, "Do not shy from my eyes, Grave. Look at me, and speak to me, the wills of your heart. Search for your honor, the honor of the Echidna, and let the emotions fill you, whether they be filled with hate, or love, do not deny what you are meant to be."

Leaning forward, and nearly lifting him with her hands that pulled him closer to his mother's beautiful face, her gaze shook his senses. His soul could feel how sharp her's was in comparison. Harder than steel, he faced a woman that had no fear of death, a woman who had something to proudly die for. "Submit to the instincts of the Echidna!" she commanded him, "Cast away your humanity, and become what you were meant to be! Look around you, Grave! See where your power truly comes from!"

At that instant, Grave would feel something touch his side, along his hip. When he'd look, an ethereal image of Club, seemingly fabricated from his own mind, was placing her hand on him, and grinning confidently up at him. He'd feel as if Club were lending him her strength, as his being would shiver from the sensations coming forth from her hand. Following, he'd feel soft feathers brush along his arm, as the memory of Cynthia would sprout from his heart as well, reminding him of the trust, and devotion the crow had to him, as his soul would feel comforted from her touch.

Lastly... The familiar, hard hand of his mentor clasped over the back of his shoulder, followed by the memory of his adopted father's wise smile that the boy had always seen. "Honor, comes from the heart, Grave. And even if I die, your memories of me will live on. Don't forget your heart, Grave. It's your most powerful weapon, better than any blade. This-" he patted Cynder's back, right behind where his heart pumped at a continuous rhythm, "-is what really matters."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave was suprised by the change in his mother's behaviour. No longer laid back, she shouted at him in a commanding tone of voice, one that didn't tolerate disobedience. Her glare had a certain power in her, one that captured Cynder's eyes and prevented him from turning away. As the spirit moved on it's bed, the young man noticed how she towered over him not only in the methaphorical sense of the word. She caught him, like a snake cornering it's prey. But her intentions were different. She touched his soul, shook him all the way down to the core. And as he stood before her, staring into the woman's eyes, Grave suddenly felt that he was not alone.

Club, the tomboyish goblin he met in the ruined village. A mischevious, but pure and honest girl, one that quickly accepted him as a friend. She had weird ways of expressing her trust, that was certain. But she cared about him. Cynthia, the tengu that brought him all the way to this point. Devoted and humble, ready to give up her life for him. She indirectly caused his pain, but she had no ill intentions, and she would do her best to soothe his suffering. And finally, Cynder's old master. His teacher. His father. The one and only person Grave ever truly considered important. Five years ago, when the old man finally died, the half-human closed his heart away to hide from pain. He kept it like this for quite a long time, but once in a while, a strong shock would break the emotional barrier. This situation was beyond anything Cynder had ever experienced.

Grave could now truly compare his own soul to his mother's. It felt so strong, so sharp and hard, seemingly unbreakable. She called out to these parts of him that remained hidden for so long, trying to awaken his nature - and his feelings. Cynder's heart was wide open for a moment - and the emotions he kept supressed filled him like a flood. He felt himself ready to cry as he recalled the pain. Soon, however, that was replaced by a burning, deep hatred. Grave didn't forget things too easily. Neither did he forgive. His rage returned with full force, and the young man clenched his fists. Turn this hatred against those who seeked to harm him? Gladly! But even in this deep sea of loathing, there were memories that shone out like beacons, both old and new. Cynder's old mentor and Club. Those two towards which Grave had no ill feelings. The old man left nothing but fond memories, all not too favorable ones forgotten completely long ago. The young goblin was annoying, but the young man found it too hard to hate her. In fact, he remembered her fondly as well - she cared about him, after all.

Cynthia had a special place, on the border between light and dark. For her, Grave reserved a special kind of hatred... No, not exactly hatred. A desire to beat her. To do what his mother failed to do, to prove his superiority. She killed his mother in battle - and now Cynder wanted to let her taste the same fate. A few minutes ago, he would have remarked that killing because of pride was a stupid idea. But then again, wasn't honor a matter of pride as well? More importantly, he had to admit that this was what he wanted. Grave wanted to strike out at someone, to let this hatred out. And now he realized that he could do this against those that sought to harm Club... Who harmed Club, he recalled. Her friends, and Club herself, were in the village that was attacked...

It all seemed almost too straightforward. Before, Cynder rarely expended more effort than absolutely necessary, but now he felt eager to act. The only thing that held him back was his own approach to life, an approach he adapted while living among humans. He didn't have to abandon his hatred to change himself, he just had to let go of this burden. Distance himself from his human-like values and ways of thought, and accept a new philosophy, a new reason to live, a new sense of honor. Submit and become like an echidna... That was what his mother wished - to see her son become a proud, honorable man, one that not only carries royal blood in his veins - one that is worthy of this blood. It was a promise of a new life. A life that Grave's heart desired. No time to wail and pity himself. Time to act. To fight - for the memory of his master, for the little goblin that was now his only friend. Time to use the blade of his hatred against all those that would seek to harm that what was most important to him. And even if he died... Well, it didn't seem like death was the end of everything as he suspected before. He didn't try to oppose his mother's command. Instead, he found himself willing to do what she said.

"There may be few people I care about... But I realize that the thing I fear most is to see something bad happen to them." Cynder recalled the pictures from Cynthia's vision - the defiled grave of his master and Club's dead body, the two memories that filled him with huge dread back then, even though he didn't fully understand his feelings. "But... I don't want to stand aside and just let things happen. There are those that have already caused harm to someone important to me... And they have to pay!" Grave felt anger rising in him, this time directed towards the demons - the ones responsible for the attack. "I will make them pay. I swear, here and now, that anyone who dares to harm someone important to me, break something important to me will not be allowed to do so - and all transgressors, even angels and demons, will be punished! I will not allow anyone to take anything away from me again! And I swear that when I finish all of the bastards off, I will crush that crow in battle, fair and square!"

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

His mother grinned pleasantly at Grave's renewed manhood and prideful declaration. "And I will be there to see your glory with my own eyes... Long live the King." With her declaration, the hands that touched Cynder's soul suddenly began vibrating with a familiar feel, before he'd witness his mother's hands slowly seeping into him. Not simply passing through him, but 'merging' with him, while her tail followed the same pattern, wrapping around his body gently, coating his body and soul in her powerful presence, further proceeding to allow her soul to attach to his own.

In one instant, just as he became smothered by his mother's whole body, the ghostly blue aura suddenly shined bright, and disappeared the next instant, the little particles of blue breaking into microscopic bits, and collecting around Grave's body. Once his mother had disappeared, leaving the room he was in even more empty than it was without his mother there, the only thing that was left to his senses was the presence of his mother, now resting inside of him, along with the feeling of great responsibility to perform great feats of either heroism, or villainy.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

When Cynthia told Grave that his mother left something for him, he expected a trinket. After speaking with the echidna statue he encountered earlier, Cynder believed that it was some sort of an artifact forged with his mother's soul. However, reality suprised the young man again. On the other hand, this gift was greater than any material possession.

Grave was startled when his mother began to "sink" into him, but he did nothing to stop her. Before he realized what was really happening, the spirit vanished in a brilliant flash, attached to his own soul. Cynder could feel her deep within him, and this feeling brought a small smile on his face. He was no longer alone, no matter what. The young man briefly pondered the new feeling of responsibility he felt - altough he was commited to acting honorably, it was up to him to determine the boundaries of his honor. Whether he wished to conquer the island or protect it from danger, he was free to do as he wanted.

Grave sighed. It seemed that he managed to achieve his first objective successfully. Now, he just had to return to Cynthia's tower and check how Club was doing. Altough Cynder wanted to kill the crow, he knew he wasn't strong enough to take her out in battle, and he'd most likely require her aid later. For now, he had to deal with other problems first. Like getting out of the dungeon - the half-blood suddenly remembered the spiders and Valencia. The way in which he got past that obstacle was... Disgusting. Grave realized his mistake - he had to get the woman out of this place. The problem couldn't be approached carelessly - he was hopelessly outnumbered and Valencia would probably be unable to walk.

Cynder slowly approached the door, intending to open it a little. First, he had to survey the room without attracting too much attention. Loud noises and light would probably make the spiders notice him, and he wanted to avoid this for now. Grave knew that he had several options - grab the girl and run; kill all spiders; attempt to bargain with the monsters; sneak away with the girl; use illusions to distract everyone... He had to choose the right one, and there was only one chance to do it right. On top of that, there was a possibility which the young man dreaded - he could be simply too late.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Slowly cracking the door open, the ever familiar organic sounds were heard once more. Several of the dozen spiders were doing next to nothing, while others minded their threads, weaving together various threads into what seemed to be clothing more fit for someone of human nature. The few Arachne that saw Grave open the door gave little more than a glance at his cautious behavior, not seeming to alerted to see him again, since they knew they would, should he ever wish to leave.

As his scan of the room ended right at the wall where Valencia was captured, the sight was much different than when he left it. The arachne that had captured her was now laying on her back, while her legs bent, and bound Valencia to her underbelly, and her bottom half, the fatter portion of her arachnid body, brandished a disgusting, pink, organic tube that had fitted itself inside Valencia's ass.

Laying on her back on top of the arachne that was breeding with her, Valencia lay with only tattered remains of clothing, several purple sores that looked like bite marks all over her entire body, and most eye catching of all, a large, full, round, pregnant belly. Her eyes were rolled into the back of her head, while an intoxicated look of pure pleasure, or perhaps torture, was formed into her expression.

"You have so much more room in your ass than your pussy," the arachne whispered, before suddenly moaning with pleasure, "Ahh! Here comes another!" she announced, as the 'tail' of the arachne suddenly bulged from the base, the thick portion of the breeding tube traveling along the length, until the arachne embryo started to push against the entrance of Valencia's ass. Which caused the purple haired woman to give a chilling cry of a mixture of pain and pleasure, while the vivid sounds of the egg attempting to push into her body filled the room, until it came to a climax, and Valencia yelped with shock as her round stomach expanded a little more. She seemed as if she were ready to explode. But instead of crying, or screaming for her life, Valencia laid in place as if she were brain dead from whatever toxin the arachne injected her with, her hands gripping her swollen belly gently, as any mother would.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave, realizing that his attempts at using stealth were pretty much useless, decided to confront the situation directly. He noticed that some of the spider girls were making clothes - clothes for humans, no less. Perhaps they've traded with some nearby settlements or passing merchants. Cynder quickly forgot this, however, when he noticed what happened to Valencia.

Even in his dreams, Grave couldn't foresee such a thing. A female impregnating another female? With eggs? The idea seemed utterly insane. And yet, it was happening right in front of him. And the worst part was that Valencia seemed to be in a very bad condition, unable to even protest. Cynder felt that he could get sick from looking at the scene quite soon, and the cries were both chilling him to the bone and making his blood boil. He knew that he was responsible for this, at least partially. And that made him feel horrible.

Grave entered the room, pulling himself together as he approached the arachne and her captive. He had to do this. Perhaps there was still a chance to save Valencia from this madness. For now, Cynder had to suppress his guilt and act like a man. He had no plan and no time to come up with one. He was forcer to improvise. First step - get that spider to stop and think of a way to leave with the girl. "Hey. Don't you think you're going too far?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The arachne turned her head to Grave as he made his comment, a little surprised to see someone who seemed so indifferent return to look upon the woman he had recently abandoned. Her surprised expression was replaced with a small grin as she licked her lips, "Oh my... Look who's back, darling." she giggled, gently gripping Valencia's head, and turning it to face Cynder. Her eyes were rolled back, nearly going back into her head. And the only physical reaction she gave was the occasional buck of her back, as the eggs moved around inside of her.

"The kind human who allowed us to be together has returned," she told Valencia, not displaying any signs of knowing that the purple haired treasure hunter was too broken to understand anything that was said to her. She smoothed her hand over Valencia's thick, pregnant belly, her middle finger going around her belly button a few times. "Don't worry, human. Her body is strong, and durable. I can still yet fit a dozen more eggs into her, before her body would tear open."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave had to suppress his feelings of disgust towards both the spider and himself. Valencia was in a horrible state, but even know, he knew that it would be a good idea to at least attempt to get the girl out of here without fighting. Mainly because he'd be at a huge disadvantage. His only reply to the arachne's greeting was a sentence he muttered under his breath. "And I should have never done that." When the monster girl suggested she could put more eggs into her, Cynder felt an urge to hit something. Anything. Restraining himself once again, he spoke. "And then what? You intend to use her, then discard her after you're done?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Are you worried for her?" the arachne inquired coyly, before giggling with delightful amusement. She seemed to think for a moment, her grin fading to a plain, calculating expression as she regarded him, before slowly uttering her next words carefully, and with a suspicious tone, "... Do you want her?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave nearly smirked. At last the creature began to understand his intentions. This could make the conversation easier. "I'll put it this way... I am not going to leave her here. No matter what." Cynder didn't add that he now considered leaving Valencia there in the first place a mistake. The arachne probably wouldn't like it.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The arachne hummed, looking down to Valencia, who lay helplessly in her legs, continuing to rub her hand along her stretched stomach. "That's a rather odd statement..." she comments idly, "Would you tear her away from me, before she's had the chance to give birth to my babies? But, the way you speak sounds as if you wish to save her from something..." Her eyes shift to him, looking him dead on, "What would that something be?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave didn't answer. Instead, he pointed towards the corpses hanging from the nets. "And if I said that this something is you?" Cynder returned the arachne's stare. "Personally, I'd prefer to end this peacefully. But I wonder if that's an option." The young man looked at Valencia, obviously considering something. "You've said she's supposed to give birth. How soon? And is it going to harm her?" Grave recalled that certain bugs had a rather lethal breeding habits. If the arachne was similiar, things would get pretty ugly.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Grave's words, he'd notice, were beginning to draw attention. Other idle arachne began to sense a small threat in his words, now considering that he was going to become a problem after all. Meanwhile, the arachne holding Valencia captive giggled at him, "After our mate is done helping us have our children, we sometimes release them, in order to raise them on our own... Sometimes," she keyed the word, "But, it's going to be a while before this human is ready to produce my eggs... And I will make sure that she does." she told Cynder sternly, clearly in interest of protecting her eggs.

Smoothing her hand along Valencia's belly, she nodded her head, "And don't worry for her health... My eggs are extremely lubricated, they'll slip out of her nice, and peacefully when they are finished propagating inside of her."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave glanced at the other spiders. They figured out he didn't like them. Well, so much for the element of suprise in case a fight broke out. However, there was still a chance to end this peacefully. The arachne's intent to protect her eggs was understandable and Cynder was willing to respect it. However, there were two problems that needed to be overcome. First, the arachne could be not very eager to part with her victim. Second, the eggs needed time.

"I see... But how long will the eggs keep growing? Hours? Days? Weeks? As for releasing your mates... Is there a particular reason why you sometimes keep them with you?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Are you going to write a book about all of this?" she giggled, jokingly poking at Grave's many questions, "It will take a few days. I suppose I will have to remove a few eggs myself, since the ones inside her already will continue to grow. I just simply couldn't help myself, so I pumped as many inside her as I could..." she admitted to him, while seeming to treat Valencia as a lover during her explanation, rubbing her, massaging her, and doting on her.

She then sighs, moving onto his next question, "Any monster will keep a mate she particularly likes. Haven't you been followed by a monster, at least once?" she asks him, to which, his memory might recall Club, who had clearly taken a fancy to him, "Most of the time, we are simply in it for the sex. But sometimes... We fall in love with the human. I won't be keeping this one, I'm actually not that interested in women, but she was sexy, and I was horny. If I had known a cute man like you was on his way, I'd have let her go..." she chuckles evilly.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave remained silent for a moment. He took the arachne's joke as a stab at his failure of a decision. Well, at least Valencia wasn't doomed to stay here for long... Hopefully. Cynder intended to make sure, but he couldn't stay here for several days. He also had to find a way to make up for this - he should have helped Valencia. On the other hand, she did try to raid his home, and partially brought this on to herself. The best thing he could do was to check in a few days later and see if she's alright, if that proved to be possible. His earlier assessment of the arachne as a complete monster began to fade. Altough hatred often clouded his judgement, Grave had to admit that intelligent creatures are complex. After all, the spiders wouldn't make clothes for humans for no reason - they probably traded them for whatever they needed. Perhaps they just didn't know any better than forcing themselves on others. Cynder recalled the alraune he met before, and how "eager" she was. It seemed that situations like these were normal here.

"I understand... Next time, I'll try to send a message before coming, if that's going to stop your from raping people." Grave retorted with a verbal jab, altough it seemed that he didn't care enough to strain himself and speak in a sarcastic tone. The remark about his curiosity was ignored completely. "I have to leave now. I do not intend to separate you from your children, so please don't hold her longer than necessary." Cynder turned around, preparing to walk away. "And in case you're interested... I'll come back here one day." He couldn't do much here. Taking Valencia by force wouldn't solve the problem of the eggs, and Grave disliked the idea of hurting others by attacking their children. Harming someone incapable of defending yourself was not honorable. Besides, there was one more person whose fate remained a mystery. The young scholar, Roy. Was he crushed earlier? Captured by a monster girl? Cynder wanted to return to Cynthia's tower and finally get a break after such a hard day, but it wouldn't hurt to search for him on his way out.