Forum of the Elder Gods (Grave;Cross)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hell's Vacation Resort (Grave)

Nodding, Valencia went to a room on the side, and opening the door to it. In plain view of everyone, a single figure sat in what looked like a simple guest room. A fire was burning in a fireplace, illuminating the figure's shape, and the rest of the room, which included a table, simple bed, and single, open window. Excited after opening the door, Valencia peeked in over Grave, smiling as she announced, "Roy!" and came to an immediate halt upon seeing what was apparently 'Roy.'

Sitting in a chair, fixated on a piece of paper, Roy sat. Blond hair, Roy's suit, his glasses... All was there... Except underneath the hair, clothes, and glasses was not a man, but a woman. "Grave... I was hoping you and Valencia would leave." Roy said to him. "As it stands... I am apparently your punishment. I am no longer human, but now a monster. Do you understand what that means?" he asked Cynder calmly.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Envy in arms, Grave barged into the room right after Valencia. Now that all the complicated things were over, he could just grab Roy, get the Hell out of the place and god damn it why was shit like this happening to him? The young man paused just like his companion, taking in the situation with disbelief on his face. Slowly, said disbelief began to turn into annoyance as he seemed to understand what exactly happened. "Freaking. Hell." He growled out. "Roy, I swear to god, you better not tell me you're on their side, cause even the big guy in the heavens above won't help you if you do." Cynder's left eye twitched. "And if you aren't, then get your pretty little ass moving, PRONTO! We're bailing out of here and right now, there's no time for long talks seeing as we have demons on our tail. So pull up your dress and get running before I plant my foot somewhere between your ass and your spine! We can discuss shit later." 'Yep,' Grave thought. 'This is definitely one of those days.'

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'm not on their side." Roy replied calmly, before gathering himself... Or rather, herself, and directing Grave inwards into the room. "There is a separate way out this way... I did not use it myself because... Of reasons I will tell you later, I suppose." he said, walking with no urgency towards the bed, which he grabbed and pulled rather easily despite looking like a rather heavy frame. "I didn't think that becoming a woman would make me so strong, but I suppose being a mamono now has something to do with it." Roy observed, before stepping over where the bed used to be, and lifting up a hatch, and going down it. "This way."

Meanwhile, Valencia was still dumbstruck, Club was grinning and nearly laughing, and Envy was squirming in Cynder's arms, moaning as she seemed to fight the venom Luna injected into her.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

'Oh-kay, creepy forewarning. How fun.' Some part of Grave noted that Roy definitely wasn't happy about his new form. This wasn't suprising - not only he got turned into a woman, which was shocking enough by itself, but apparently became a demon as well. These things would have to be addressed later, but for now, escaping was more important. Holding Envy a little tighter for a second as if to reassure her, Cynder turned to the rest of the group, Valencia in particular. "Come on, Valencia, snap out of it! We can deal with how things turned out later, for now we have to run!" Urging his companions to go after him, the half-blood began to carefully descend into the passage after Roy.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Making their way down through the hidden passage, Roy, Valencia, Club, and Envy, who wrapped her arms around Grave from behind and held onto him, all climbed down. Though Cynder would have a bit of difficulty with Envy's problem, given how she was rubbing herself against him lewdly while holding onto him, and one would be sure that the wet spot he would feel on his back from where her legs came together would be distracting as well. But after reaching the bottom with Envy on his back, breathing heavily against his neck, they found themselves in some kind of tunnel. As if leading to the afterlife, there was a light at the very end. But that didn't really do much to stop Roy, or anyone else who followed him as they all ran towards the exit. Once outside, the early afternoon light shined down on them. "Soon it will be dark, but not before we escape from this place," Roy announced as they stepped onto the corrupted soil beneath their feet.

They had little time to rest. "Let's just make it through the gate and get the hell out of here!" Valencia shouted.

"Gwave, carry fist hair! Club will protect you!" Club announced her will to act as his guard while he helped Envy to escape.

"Can't let you do that, Grave Cynder." announced a female voice from over the building, before a strange, magical field rose from the boundary of Luna's property, and the apparent weaver of such magic landed in front of him, carrying a large, and deadly scythe.

"Avarice has ordered us to take you down." followed a calm, and calculative voice of a woman who slowly rose from a growing pool of liquid dark, a look of evil intelligence on her face.

"We're gettin' paid a lot of cash for this!" laughed a heavy voice from a larger girl, as said girl jumped from the building, and shook the earth as she landed. Almost immediately, she and Club faced off with each other, apparently finding their match.

"Auntie Avarice's enemy, is MY enemy! Say your prayers, Cynder!" said a girl with a confident grin and a flat chest who suddenly appeared before Grave.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave felt very relieved when he finally left the tunnel. Not only because it was dark and definitely uncomfortable, but also because Envy was starting to go into heat again, and one time was enough for today in his opinion. He had to be very careful as he ran to avoid tripping and falling down, and he wasn't sure whether his sister would allow him to get up if he landed on the ground. It was not easy, since her effort were very distracting, and the half-blood cursed himself for not going after the window right off the bat. Feeling highly annoyed, Cynder made his way after Roy and Valencia out of the building, barely holding in the feeling of triumph, before lady luck once more decided to screw him over. Now he was facing four demons who trapped him inside a barrier, cutting off his escape. And they didn't seem friendly.

'Oh joy. Assassins. Because this day wouldn't be complete without them.' Grave regarded his new enemies with an exasperated, annoyed look. With a sigh, he delicately let Envy down onto the ground before arming himself once more. "Awesome. Like today wasn't a complete disaster already." Cynder groaned, unsheating his sword. "You know, I really wouldn't mind talking this over, but frankly..." He gave the demons a calculating look. "... You don't seem open to negotiation. Or all that bright." A hint of sarcasm appeared in his voice as he turned towards the big girl. "I'd be rather wary of any promises made by someone called Avarice." He briefly wondered what kind of power and fighting styles these four got. The latter two he had pegged as bruisers of some kind, while the other two were likely into more subtle methods. Though if Luna's prowess was any indication, they could probably toss him around like a rag doll anyway. "Well, whatever. Let's get this pain in the ass over with. Nice scythe, by the way."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Thank you," the scythe woman thanked Grave for his compliment. Charging forth, she did not go for Cynder, and instead, went for Valencia, forcing the woman to draw a short sword from her belt in order to fight against the monster of a demon with the giant weapon.

"Damn it... I doubt I can match against her." Valencia cursed, already being pushed back by the demoness.

"I guess me and you are gonna play!" the demon with the huge breasts announced, standing tall over Club like a mountain, and raising her own club high, before pounding it down right on top of Club. It crushed down on top of Club, seeming to crush her flat underneath a sudden cloud of smoke. But after a moment, the dust cleared, and Club was seen standing underneath, holding her club overhead, growling as she blocked the giant's blow.

"Club...!" she called out her own name in a growl, before reflecting the giant's weapon. "-Is stronger than you!"

"You seem to be my match. Shall we dance?" the calculative demon asked of Roy. "Oh, but you need a weapon, do you not?" she asked more, before suddenly raising her blade in a flash, and blocking a soul arrow that Roy launched from a bow made of magic.

"I'll manage," Roy replied calmly.

With everyone else having their own enemy to fight, Grave was left with the last one, the apparent cousin of the Cardinal Sin, Avarice. The smaller girl grinned at Cynder, an excited flush on her cheeks. "I'm the one you'd rather fight, right? Auntie said you preferred small girls with flat chests. Want me to act like a little sister, onii-chan? Don't you wanna stick that big thing in me, onii-chan?" the demon asked while giggling, apparently trying to see if she couldn't arouse Grave, and win against him with sexual methods.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

And before he knew it, the battle had begun. Valencia struggled against the scythe wielder and would likely need assistance. Club somehow managed to hold her own against the big one, and Roy seemed to be handling his opponent even without a weapon. Grave was already in battle mode as well, though his heart nearly skipped a beat when he saw the big-breasted demon nearly squash the goblin. Thankfully, his little companion was strong enough to handle the blow. With all of his allies occupied, the half-blood had to deal with his opponent alone - and he'd likely have to take her down before he could aid anyone, since the small demon probably wouldn't let him ignore her. Cynder prepared himself for the clash, a look of pure irritation on his face as the cousin of Avarice taunted him. "Oh, I do." He deadpanned, trying to ignore the fact that the brat was attempting to seduce him. "Which is why I'm going to start stabbing you now. Repeatedly. And I'm not sure when I'll stop."

Now that the first round of trash-talking was over, Grave decided to attack. He charged towards the demon, channeling magic into his sword. He intended to release a blast from a fairly close range, forcing her to either dodge or block, preferably high, then close in and catch her with a slash while she tried to recover. Should she counter attack, he didn't intend to block it head-on. Despite her size, she was probably stronger than him, so he'd have to either parry or dodge out of the way. 'This is gonna suck.'

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Be careful of what you say, Onii-chan!" the demon announced with a grin as Grave charged at her. As he released his blast, she made a large leap, flipping over his head to dodge his initial attack. When he came at her again as she began to land, she rose her sword and swiftly blocked it. All of Cynder's aggression was met with pure defense. Despite that, she didn't look intimidated at all. Even so, all she was doing was defending. "You're so aggressive, onii-chan! I'm so happy that I'm the only girl you want to pay attention to!" she giggled, before the meaning of her words became clear from the sound of clashing blades followed by Valencia being slammed into the ground from the force of clashing against the scythe demon's weapon.

"It's over for you." the demon announced with an evil grin, stepping quickly over Valencia, and holding her weapon high as if to impale her on the ground. Helpless and slightly beaten, Valencia tried to role away, before the demon revealed her intentions to not be deadly at all before her tail lashed out, and wrapped around Valencia's neck. Flipping the purple haired woman onto her back, the demon threw herself on top of her, her breasts pancaking against Valencia's back. "I'm going to rape you again, little human whore." the demon announced with wicked intent. "Help me...!" Valencia called out weakly. Despite looking and no doubt feeling pathetic, her eyes looked to Grave for help.

Suddenly, a soul arrow flew past the demon fighting Cynder, forcing her to back off quickly as sudden assistance came from Roy. The purple, intellectual demon was on a knee, thus likely why Roy was able to help as she was winning her battle. "Annoying blonde... I am the great Lupiza!" the demoness announced, attacking Roy as Roy let loose another arrow that went into the flat demon's foot. "GYAAAAH!" the flat demon growled in pain from the soul arrow hitting her.

"Assist Valencia quickly, Grave!" Roy shouted, before defending herself against Lupiza as the purple demon charged at Roy with her sword, mostly by dodging out of the way. Before Grave could even begin moving, however, the flat chested demon suddenly threw out her tail and wrapped it around his leg, "I won't let you ignore me, Grave!"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave immediately realized that something was off when he noticed that his flat-chested opponent wasn't counterattacking. Suspecting some foul play on her part, he ignored her taunts, though the ease with which she managed to stop his attacks was frustrating. However, soon it became clear why the little demon wasn't attacking - she waited for her companion to deal with Valencia first. While the scythe wielder would be unable to assist others during the imminent rape, she could end up corrupting the girl with her magic, seeing as all kinds of things revolved around sex for their kind. Cursing, Cynder attempted to fight off his enemy, but once more he recieved unexpected help - apparently Roy was far stronger than he gave her credit for. With his opponent distracted, the half-blood rushed to help Valencia.

Or tried to, at least. It seemed that his little opponent wasn't eager to let Grave go, using her tail to snare him. The young man quickly considered his options. He could try to kill the brat, but she was probably good enough to defend herself against at least one attempt at a finishing blow and would probably use her tail to trip him. Besides, turning his attention back towards her was out of the question if he wanted to help. He could try attacking the succubus on top of Valencia with magic, but with his abysmal skill he'd probably end up hitting his ally instead. And Cynder wasn't strong enough to run while dragging a demon tied to his leg. With all that in mind, he settled for a different solution.

"Too bad for you."

The half-blood raised his sword before quickly swinging down, aiming at the tail the little fiend used to stop him. Either she'd pull it back, releasing him, or he'd simply hack it off and charge to help Valencia. While he probably couldn't use his sword against the other demon without risking his teammate's life, conjuring a dagger short enough to stab one person without injuring the other wasn't beyond his abilities.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Slicing his sword quickly, Grave's blade went right through the tail around his leg, drawing out a scream of agony from the owner. "MY FUCKING TAIL! I'LL KILL YOU AFTER I'VE SUCKED YOUR GOD DAMN SOUL OUT!" the demon screamed after Cynder as he charged towards the demon with a scythe. As if the screaming was indication enough to turn her head, the scythe wielding demon turned, saw Grave, and immediately beat a retreat when he was coming at her with a dagger, leaving Valencia on the ground.

"Grave Cynder... It's not nice to interfere in someone else's fight. I'll get to you later." she announced, before rushing at Grave herself while Valencia recovered from the ground. Without even making a step, she flew through the air, holding her scythe tight, before he'd suddenly see her weaving magic instead of threatening to use her weapon. An uplifting wind blew Cynder through the air, where the freed demoness from before, who's tail he cut off, caught him by the neck in midair, and slammed him back down to earth. Immediately after landing, she used the moment Grave was knocked breathless from the impact to extend her tail forth, which regrew quickly into it's original shape, and tied itself around his wrists. Using her hands, she yanked his pants down, before taking a forceful mouthful of his genitals into her mouth, growling as she did so. Rough, she poured her succubus energies into his genitals to make him hard, before the pleasure of her soft mouth around his genitals immediately began to drain his energies from him. Taking his length out for a moment, she snarled up at him as she held him captive. "I'm going to suck you dry, asshole!" she announced, before taking his length in her hand, and pounding up and down.

The effects of being stimulated by a demon, as Grave would note by his time with Envy, carried an effect that would weaken him greatly so long as he was being drained. And using her mouth and hands, the flat chested demoness had clear intentions of sucking him dry this way. If he didn't think of a way to break free of her soon, her promise to suck all of his soul out would come true. "Mmmph~!" the demoness growled as she bobbed her head up and down his shaft, her lips gliding up and down his flesh while he felt her turn curling around it, and licking the underside with adept skill. With every sensation of pleasure he felt, he could feel more of his energy being sucked into the girl on top of him.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

'Yep, that definitely had to hurt.' Grave thought as he charged to back Valencia up, a nasty smirk etched onto his face. He had to admit, there was a certain amount of visceral satisfaction to injuring someone like that. Unfortunately, the cries had alarmed his next opponent, who took the chance to retreat out of his range before he could land a blow. Dispelling the dagger, Cynder stopped and took a guarded stance as he saw the assault coming, only to be sent flying by the unexpected gust of wind. And high up in the air, he was at the mercy of the little devil he managed to cut a moment earlier. Slammed hard into the ground ('WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE GODDAMNED BACK?'), Grave only had time to wince before he suddenly found himself restrained. Before he managed to do anything else, the demon he was fighting already managed to grab his penis and pour her magic into it, getting him hard. Cynder gasped at the sudden, uncomfortable change, followed by a wave of intense pleasure. He had to admit, the kid was good at what she was doing. Very good. Which was very dangerous to him - if her threats were any indication, this could be the last blowjob he ever got in his life.

Grave had to act fast. While his libido was inclined to agree that the little kid looked quite enticing with her mouth wrapped around his cock, the rest of his mind was not so eager to lose the fleshy meat sack (known to most as a "body") it was so used to riding in. That's why the half-blood decided to throw the damn loli off him as fast as possible. And while his arms were pinned, he still had his legs. He roughly brought his knees up, trying to get his feet underneath the girl in an attempt to throw her off him. Almost at the last moment, Cynder also decided to add a little extra suprise - a small incentive to get off him as quickly as possible. He attempted to focus his magic on his boots, trying to add some nasty-looking spikes and nails to it. Hopefully, this would either force her to get off him... Or puncture her lungs. At this point, he was fine with either.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Grave tried to lift his legs and kick her off, he only brought further amusement to the flat chested fiend attacking him as his assessment of her strength held true, and her hands gripped his legs, and pushed them apart, and back to the ground. "So impatient. You just want me to hurry up and fuck you, don't you, onii-chan!" the demon girl announced with an evil grin. Threads of magic touching her pants before the girl's blue pants dissolved before Cynder's very eyes, leaving her lower half bare and allowing him to see her incredibly small pussy. Moving up on Grave, the demon positioned her waist over his crotch while leaning back, pressing her strength down on his legs as she tried to squirm, and aim her entrance towards his tip. "It's gonna be a tight fit..." she announced. And though she may appear strongly sexually alluring to Cynder's eyes, in truth, through the magical eye, her lower half appeared as this purple, hellish mouth that looked ready to just devour him whole.

At this current rate, Grave would no doubt find himself slipping into that demonic, lower mouth of hers, and almost quite literally be eaten alive. After getting double teamed, there was little he could do on his own against his foe...

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

'Not good, not good!' Grave squirmed under the little devil, trying his best to stop her from taking his cock in. He was slowly beginning to trust his magical senses a little, and knew enough about demons to suspect that even if the hellmouth wasn't real, he'd still get eaten alive one way or another. However, with his hands restrained and unable to throw his opponent off with his legs, Cynder could only buy himself a few seconds at best. Considering his options, he came to the conclusion that he could either try to headbutt the girl - or at the very least, try to use his entire body mass to throw her off and most likely fail due to her superhuman strenght - or cry out for aid. After a little thought, he settled on a combination of both. "Oy! A little help here!" The half-blood shouted as he desperately tried to get the demon off him via all means available, including attempts and clocking her with his head.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Gwave!" shouted Club after he cried out, not even giving him a chance to find a way to headbutt her, especially since she was leaning back and holding his arms over his head. But all of that didn't matter when Club arrived, as her club came swinging. Where the little demon once was, she was not when Club's club swung right through her. Slamming into the wall just over Cynder's head, Grave would be able to see the little demon splattered against the wall. Her blood a curiously thick color of royal purple, as if she were made of thick goo than actual blood. Sinking to the ground, the girl groaned as she fall flat on her front. "Auntie..." the girl whimpered, before a dark pool formed underneath her, menacing tentacles reaching forth, and slowly pulling her in.

Meanwhile, Club was still locking horns with her opponent, while a similar pool of darkness formed underneath Roy's opponent, Lupiza. With only the giant and the scythe wielder left, it became clear who was the superior force. "What an unpredicted circumstance. Roy was the deciding factor here that saved your life, Cynder. And for that, we will retreat. But we have a better assessment now... Consider your limited freedom now precious." the scythe demon announced to Grave, before a dark pool formed under her and the other giantess.

"Aw," the giantess grimaced, before giving Cynder a stupid grin and waving at him. "Bye bye, snake prince." she bid Grave farewell, before vanishing like the first little demon did.

Left all alone with a battered Valencia and curled up Envy, the field blocking their way out dissipating and showing them their way out once more. "Gwave, pull pants up so get can skedaddle!" Club announced to Cynder.

"It seems our pursuers have decided to let our confrontation with those assassins be our last struggle, as they've stopped chasing us." Roy announced, her glasses shining at all of the demons in the windows, watching them. "Let us hurry away before they change their minds."

"G-Grave..." Valencia struggled, exhausted and beaten after the battle, but still looked at Cynder with something important to say. "... Thank you... For saving Roy... And for saving me..." she thanked him, slightly embarrassed.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave watched his opponent get splattered against the wall with a sense of morbid fascination. Again reminding himself to never get on Club's bad side, the young man scrambled to get up and pull his pants on once the little girl disappeared. By the time he was done, Lupiza was gone as well and the other two were retreating. With the assassins out of his way and the barrier no longer standing before him, he was free to finally leave this accursed place. Cynder didn't feel much joy because of that, though. Now he'd be actively hunted by his enemies and he was far too weak to handle them on his own. And as much as he was secretly thankful for having his ass saved, he did not feel good about this. It was just another reminder that he wasn't the person he should be, not strong enough to handle the burden. The half-blood moved to pick up Envy and prepare to run again.

The only thing that interrupted him in this task was Valencia's unexpected show of gratitude. It caught Grave off guard, and for some reason he found himself unable to form a quick answer to it. After a brief internal struggle, he finally managed to speak. "Well, I, ah... I owed you one, right? So we're even." To his suprise, he felt a sense of embarassment as he spoke. Seriously, what was this about? Shaking his head and picking up his sister, Cynder turned to the remaining members of the party. "Alright, let's go. Roy, can you help Valencia?" He asked quickly. After a short pause, he continued. "And... Thanks for the backup. You too, Club."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Where now, Prince? (Grave)

"I'll be fine," Valencia said when Roy went to help her. Then, moving together, they all made their retreat from Hell's Vacation Resort...

Chapter 6: Where now, Prince?

With Roy leading the way, everyone found themselves far away from human and demon civilization alike, and to the open plains between the northern and southern areas of the island. Several days of travel were made, fleeing from the demons. Little time was allowed to conversation as they fled from humans and demons alike. The main issue was always Envy whenever they tried to approach a human settlement accepting of mamono. Because she was a demon, Grave and his company were violently shunned. This left them isolated, and alone. All the while, the words Luna had told him would remain echoing... "So long as there are demons, the corruption will spread." she had announced. It was clear, that if Grave were to truly side against the demons, then that would include Envy as well. "Have fun murdering your sister!" Luna's words echoed in his mind. And should he ever look at Envy during the night, the bright, and evil red glow of her wicked and corrupted red eyes would more than solidify that she was a danger to the natural world. Her very touch turned vegetation corrupted. Bushes became black, the grass turned purple where she stepped, and trees rotted when she leaned against them. Luna's words, and what Envy was, both made it clear...

Eventually, he would have to choose whether or not to get rid of Envy.

In the end, she was one of them.

Various tents were prepared, and a fire was burning in the night to provide heat, as they were now in a much cooler climate. Club was sitting in Grave's lap, leaning against him, occasionally looking up at him and smiling at him happily, pleased to be where she was. Envy was sitting in a tree off to the side. The tree itself was quickly turned a rotten shade of black and purple. Still seeming to be alive, and yet dead at the same time.

Roy, meanwhile, was laying on his side, his head resting in Valencia's lap as he gave labored breathing. "She's... He's... Not going to make it much longer." Valencia noted. "It's been a while since we left, and the demons were sure not to feed him well with energy... So... Roy won't be able to fight it much longer..." she announced, mostly looking to Grave. "Can you... Give him your energy, Cynder?" Valencia announced. By all logic, Valencia could do it too, but she seemed to prefer if he did it.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

To say that the escape was hard on Grave's nerves would be a major understatement. The necessity of brawing the wilds was nothing new to him - he spent several years walking the earth all on his own, so the hardships of travel were hardly an issue. After all, he knew exactly what he needed and how to get it. Everything else, however... It didn't help his souring mood one bit. Cynder was getting a bit withdrawn, rarely speaking more than just a few words. He only got more talkative when someone started a conversation with him, and he never started one on his own. Most of his free time he spent practicing his magic. Aside of trying to figure out how to summon real fire, he also developed a habit of constantly making various objects, including weapons, dolls, small books. He worked on improving the quality first before moving on to increasing the speed at which he could summon well-made items. When asked, he eventually replied he was trying to develop his meager skills into something he could reliably count on. He also secretly hoped that practice would allow him to develop his magic senses better and eventually let him come up with new tricks.

Another habit Grave seemed to develop was that during rest, he'd often create an empty diary, some ink and a quill. He'd then spend some time writing down his observations on daily events. Asked about the sense of writing down something only to dispel it immediately afterwards, Cynder only shrugged. Those who managed to sneak a peek would notice several things he seemed to focus on, namely potential dangers and possibility of pursuit, the likelyhood of encountering the four assassins again, and Envy. Though he wrote down little more than facts, some of his companions could probably figure out his problems. The half-blood felt weak compared to the demons and other monsters, and while he lacked the proper conditions to train, his magic practice was done with the thought of improving his combat skills in mind. His sister was also something that deeply bothered him, and one could figure that out from the occasional glances he sent at Envy and the corruption left in her wake. He didn't want to kill her, but he could end up having no other choice...

For all intents and purposes, though, these writing sessions had their benefits. As he wrote, he could look at the thoughts he copied onto the paper with a more critical eye. The last few days impressed upon him the importance of making up his damn mind, and he approached the task methodically. While it obviously did his mood and feelings no favors, over time he seemed to start holding himself together a little better than before. The improvement came slowly, and occasionally Cynder would briefly fall into a really bad mood when confronted with something particularly unpleasant (like another hostile settlement), but he could feel something start to change deep inside. Another thing that helped him endure his soul-searching was company. Though he would not admit it, the presence of Club, Envy, Roy and Valencia seemed to lift some of the weight off his shoulders, and he found himself reassured by the knowledge that he wasn't alone in this. And despite the fact that he was still plagued with doubts and fears, the young man's resolve was ever so slowly growing stronger.

Grave raised his head as Valencia asked him, finally snapping out of thought. He got used to letting Club stay close to him, and seemed to be always willing to accomodate her. Her emotional support was a major factor when it came to his well-being, and sometimes the little girl could even get him to crack a small smile. He didn't shun others either - though he was silent most of the time, he did nothing to actively distance himself from them and was mostly open to being approached. Granted, the occasional worried glance at the trail left by Envy still happened from time to time, but in his defence, he had a practical reason for his fear as well - after all, a line of corrupt plant life would alert anyone who tried to track the group down. Cynder also made some small effort in order to repair his relations with Valencia and Roy, though he seemed rather timid about that. Partially because he didn't quite forgive himself yet, partially out of worry for Roy's worsening health.

"Guess it can't be helped." Grave replied, stretching his hands a bit. Sitting without moving in one place made his joints feel a little stiff at times, but he usually noticed that only when he tried to move. Considering he spent a lot of time thinking, he had to defuse them more than once. "I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary, to be honest... But if Roy really needs this, then I'll do it." Cynder didn't ask why Valencia wanted him to do this. She probably had her reasons, and he suspected he had much more energy to spare than the girl. After all, he managed to overload that binding spell placed on Envy fairly quickly. Perhaps he could give Roy enough of a boost to let her move on for quite a while.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

During the journey, it may not have been too clear what was going through Club's mind. She smiled the most out of the whole group, and didn't really seem bothered by Envy's presence, even though Valencia seemed to hate the fact that Envy was the reason they couldn't go into towns and get proper shelter. The glances he got from Valencia were clear that Valencia would rather Envy gone. And the glances from Roy, before she became so poor in health, told Cynder that Envy... Was clearly a problem. After it seemed agreed, not through words, that Envy... Was not wholly welcome, it was not Grave who was distancing himself from the group, but Envy herself. There were even occasions when Cynder found Envy even further from the group, as if she intended to flee off on her own... But when Grave found her, either by accident or if he was looking for her, the expression on her face when she turned back to look at him was a truly pathetic one. And that expression remained as Envy sulked in the tree, as if waiting for everyone to agree that she needs to go.

Coughing after Cynder spoke, Roy made a pathetic attempt to laugh. "Having sex with you..." she put her hand to her mouth, before coughing more. "... does not thrill me either, pal..." Roy said, trying to remain in good spirits despite the fact that her existence was fading away. "If I may..." Roy shook as he coughed several more times, before looking to Grave. "Could I have a word with you, Grave, in the tent... I don't really care about..." he coughed, "Privacy, at this point... I just have something I need to say."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave considered it no suprise that he couldn't understand Club. Despite her simple thoughts, he found the girl suprisingly difficult to predict or read at times. He suspected this was mostly due to his own lack of social experience. He could understand the sheer pain in Envy's expressions, though, and even though he was constantly reminded of the fact that her existence was a serious issue, he couldn't quite bring himself to rejecting her. Cynder found himself torn - on one hand, he knew that things couldn't go on like that, but on the other he stubbornly refused to let his sister go. And each reminder only made his resistance stronger.

Wincing a little, Grave nodded in agreement. "Alright, Roy. I'll listen." The young man stood up, gently setting Club aside. "And sorry about that." Thinking about it, Cynder realized he probably could have just slammed his foot into his mouth instead of saying how he felt about it. Considering Roy's horrible state, it wasn't very tasteful. The half-blood moved to pick the once-man-now-girl and carry her to one of the tents. More than the sex, he wanted to know what Roy had to say to him. He recalled her mentioning something about having stuff to explain when they've escaped the mansion, and curiosity was eating at him.