What's new

Forum of the Elder Gods (Grave;Cross)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Ketzi'ah, Demon of Envy (Grave;Cross)

Throughout the entire explanation, the man... Stared at Grave. He looked at Grave as if he was some kind of psycho trying to tell him something that made absolutely no sense. At the end of it, he recoiled a bit. "So... You're a guy... But you were a girl... And you... Gave me head..." he tried to analyze the situation, before squinting eyes at Cynder. "And you want to do that to more even more... Right?" he questioned. "This is... Such a ludicrous amount of heresy. Even the horror stories of heresy they speak of didn't compare to heresy of this scale. You are the heretic of all heretics to be sure." the Order man declared. "And I am your prisoner, for lack of you putting it as honestly as that..." he sighed. "... You know, it's not too late to come to the light. Why even be slave to these monster women? What attachments do you have to those that just see you as a sex slave?"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Want is a bit of a strong word there." Grave grumbled as the man spoke of the half-blood seeking more action. Truth be told he'd kind of rather avoid the necessity, but that ship had sailed already. Best thing he could do was get used to it, until a better solution was found. If there was one to be found. Altough the guy really could have skipped the heretic bit. The flat look he got from Cynder conveyed that much without words.

As the man kept talking, though, Grave's expression soured more and more. Barring the small grimace at the mention of refusing to call the man a prisoner, he managed to maintain a calm-looking face, but it was obvious that the more he thought about his words, the more something bothered him. Quite badly at that. The half-blood took a deep breath, content with leaving the order scout in silence for a while as he thought of an answer.

"There are several things you got wrong there, I feel. In your assumptions." Cynder finally spoke up. "But to answer your question... Ziah is my sister and currently my only living relative. Club was the first person to like me... Love me for who I am, to the point of being willing to fight and die for me. Roy offered me friendship when almost no one before did. Valencia... I don't think she likes me much, but she does have a good reason. And she's human, in case you're wondering."

"So to answer your question, they don't simply view me as a slave and I have plenty of attachments to them. The above isn't all of it. Please do not insult them by implying otherwise. And don't ask me to leave them for this order of yours either." Grave's expression hardened as he briefly pointed at his eyes. "In case you missed those, I am a monster's child. And I have faced enough discrimination and hatred from people around me for this to last me a fucking lifetime. I do not want or need a repeat of that Hell. And don't bother denying I wouldn't get that. Unless you can assure me that someone born of the very beings you hate wouldn't end up as another target of hatred somehow? Second-class citizen at best?"

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man listened to his words, before nodding. "You wouldn't be," he said right off the bat, lifting some of his hair that went over his ear, to reveal that he didn't have an ear at all, but some kind of bizarre wing-like entity. "I was born from a harpy, and was going to be traded amidst her flock before the order saved me from a life of being a slave to them. I'm sure your mother treated you to a fate no less kind." he stated. "And they made me into a soldier, one to take back the fight to the oppressive mamono. That is why I will never give up my faith to the Order. Despite what you may think, they fight for the sake of humanity, where monsters would see humanity go extinct." he explained. Then, he put one hand on Grave's shoulder. "I can tell by the look on your face, that you are suffering. I think I know now why god led me here, to help you come back to the light. I'll indulge you in what these awful monsters have inflicted upon you, while helping you see the light." he assured Cynder.

Grave heard Club giggle from the side, as she watched the scene from around the corner of the hallway. "Hee-hee! Light-boy likes Gwave! Gwave and Light-boy sittin' in a tree, F.U.C.K.I.N.G!" she sang a song.

"Shut up, you disgusting goblin." Envy snapped from deeper in the house.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave was momentarily stunned by the fact the man was a half-blood. He did not see that one coming at all. For a moment, he just stood in place, wide-eyed. It didn't take long for him to compose himself again, however, and judging by his expression he was still something of a sceptic. He did not reject the hand placed on his shoulder, though, even if he didn't seem to expect it. Of course, Club's interjection quickly ruined the mood, prompting Cynder to rub the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

"Club, would it kill you to read the mood sometimes?" Grave sighed, shaking his head. Then, he focused back on the soldier. "... I'm still not convinced, seeing as it was humans and not monsters who hated me for something I had no control over. Though if this Order really doesn't discriminate, then I suppose they're doing something right." He allowed. "I don't really buy the extermination bit, though. Near as I can tell, monsters seem to be dependant on human presence to propagate and survive."

"And by the way, there's one other thing you're wrong about." Cynder added. "My mother died when I was too young to even crawl or talk, and I doubt she'd have simply traded me around like that." Probably. An arranged marriage or something was far more likely. "The whole story is... Complicated. Right now I'm trying to get her resurrected properly, though my last argument with her spirit was a heated one, so god only knows how she'll react once she's back. Still, I'd rather set at least that one thing straight. Oh, and by the way. What's your name? I'm Grave Cynder."

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Club can't read!" the goblin stated as if it was a matter of fact, and with a simple grin to boot, as if she said the sky was blue. At some point there was a cognitive disconnection that left the two parties speaking of different things. Grave was free to let the issue go, and Club wouldn't care.

"My name is Talon Hedger." the man replied, who shall be named Talon henceforth. Though his last name was somewhat of a mockery, even if modern society would accept it. Last times were often given to uncultured families of certain professions. Hedger was somewhere near the bottom, as someone who does landscaping and cuts grass. A person even servants would command. No doubt when he had a chance to go from Hedger to soldier, he took the title. Despite it all, he spoke and wore his last name with pride. "Laugh if you want, you and that clone of yours already got one coming from me." he said defensively, while Club laughed. "Talon's name sounds all serious and cool like Gwave's!" she said. Being referred to as cool, the man clearly had a heart string plucked. "Yeah, well..." he crossed his arms, facing away. "W-what do I care what you think..." he replied. Club just tilted her head in confusion, while it appeared her charms infiltrated the boy's head just as it had Grave's.

Seeing all of this down the hallway, Envy just waved a hand if looked at. "By all means, don't mind me. I love seeing new romance bloom." she said, with a face that seemed to say in reality: "I hope the goblin fucks off to someone else." Though when Talon saw her more closely, he winced. "Is that you're female clone?" he asked, still confused since he was having trouble separating twin from clone, or other half. "How do you even manage to move around an entity this powerful?" he asked. Naturally, moving a puppet would be a small task normally, if it was small enough to sit in your hand. Though his comparison in size seemed to make Envy look like heart strings were plucked as well. Though she said nothing, just blushing when called powerful. "I'm fine with the new boy." she said, liking the misunderstood compliments.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave simply sighed and rolled his eyes, not pursuing the matter with Club further. He could recognize a hopeless battle when he saw one. When Talon introduced himself, the half-blood simply nodded. Being at the bottom of the social ladder was something he could sympathize with, having been there in his own way. He nearly smirked as the soldier found himself flustered by the compliment before making Ziah blush, though the latter made him feel a stab of jealousy he had to squash. No, he wasn't losing them to Talon. She just wasn't used to compliments, is all.

"I won't laugh. There's nothing wrong with your name." Cynder stated. "Although that's not my female clone. That's my sister, Ziah. Or Ketzi'ah, if you prefer." He decided to skip the bit about Envy. She could tell him herself, if he wished. "My female body is bigger, but she is much stronger than me, yes. There are a few reasons for that, but that's a long story. That there is Club." He pointed at the other girl. "She's been with me on my journey pretty much from the beginning. Now come on." Grave nodded at Talon. " We need to find you something to wear and introduce you to Valencia and Roy."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You speak as if I'm some kind of friend." Talon declared. "Am I already moved in as one of the family? You're strangely formal and polite." he said, before following Grave without choice. Meeting the two, it seemed the original duo were talking about unknown matters. Once introduced to Talon, Valencia sighed. "I guess we're adopting him, huh?" she asked, folding her arms beneath her breasts with disdain.

"I am not a stray animal!" Talon replied with a snap and straight posture, body slightly twisted as if in a threatening or combative posture.

"Well, it wasn't easy for me to come to terms either, but you seem to have taken it better than I have, Grave." Roy said calmly, as if slightly impressed Grave was able to handle the new world opened to him better than the alp did.

Envy had her back to the wall, leaning against it with one foot folded over the other and her hands clasped together over her pelvis. "You eventually get used to the need." she declared, seemingly to Grave, then smirked. "Soon, you'll be sucking his dick like it's second nature~" she declared, an announcement that made Talon go red.

"But he's a man!" Talon declared. Everyone just stared at him. "Other half or not it's still kind of a man!" he insisted.

Club looked up at Talon and grinned with mouth open wide. "Then, get waped by Club!" she suggested. Talon seemed to hide behind Grave a bit, as if seeking protection from the wide grin of the goblin, displaying such emotion on her face that encouraged fight or flight.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, well..." Grave shrugged as he walked alongside Talon. "We're going to be stuck with each other for a while, might as well not bitch about it. Plus, at this point I just take whatever I can get. Life's never been particularly easy for me." He sighed. The half-blood quickly managed to locate the remainder of the group, altough Valencia's remark made him pinch the bridge of his nose and wish for more patience to bolster his reserves, as they were wearing thin. "Poor choice of words, Val." Cynder deadpanned. He figured he had a decent idea of why that sentence offended Talon so much.

"And to be honest, Roy, right now I'm just trying not to think about it as much as I can." Grave admitted, shifting his attention to the alp. "Though much as I hate to admit this, Ziah's probably not wrong." He grimaced, his admission very grudging as he pinched the bridge of his nose again, wondering if the girls were doing this on purpose to rile Talon up. When the goblin drove the man to hide behind Cynder, he just gave the group a bemused stare, particularly the culprits. Roy was exempt from it, voice of reason that she was.

"Club, stop scaring Talon. Also, am I not good enough for you anymore?" Grave spoke, chiding the girl. "Sorry about them. They're not bad, just a bit... Eccentric." He turned to look at the man, shooting him an apologetic glance. "They're just joking around right now. Mostly. You may need to get used to hearing more stuff like this, though." The half-blood sighed again. "And honestly, when I am using the other body I'm not sure if I can be considered a man anymore. A monster's... Desire is very powerful. Strong enough to shape your personality, I suspect. Yes, this all makes as little sense to me as it does to you. Welcome to my life, leave your sanity at the door."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Club rose a wagging finger at Grave. "Gwave doesn't get it! This is Club's chance, Club's opportunity!" she declares, raising both arms into the air. "Club's Harem!" she announced in a grand display, as if revealing something ground shaking and awesome.

"I cannot believe you share company with such a filthy creature." Talon stated. "I'm automatically apart of some harem? As if." he grunted.

"So, Talon is dedicated to Gwave only?" Club inquired. The follow-up from Club left Talon infuriated and speechless, as it meant that indeed he was only giving himself to Grave, unable to avoid the context of such.

"D-don't... Don't fucking say it like that!" Talon chided.

"You're really head over heels for Grave, huh?" Envy said flatly, looking at Talon with a smirk that said he was pitiful.

Talon stomped a foot down. "SHUT UP!" he snapped in a shamed fury.

Valencia was grinning too. "Oh, this is so much fun." she chuckled.

"Indeed!" Atea announced herself into the room, as both Grave and Talon together would find their asses squeezed by her hands as she walked in. "I see you've acclimated him well, Cynder. Well done. Though, I imagine he will undoubtedly seek escape. If you'd like, we can perform a quick sea bishop ritual to bind his soul to yours." she declared. "It's sort of like marriage, but much more binding, and you can ignore the small details while benefiting from the actual effect of total obedience."

Talon paled. "That... That won't be necessary, I'll behave." he said, fearing what she just spoke of.

"That's love for you." Valencia shrugged and brushed a lock of her hair with one hand. Talon just stared angry daggers at her.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Long story." Grave sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose again as another round of jokes at Talon's expense began in earnest. These were the people he traveled with and loved. Which meant he wasn't any better, really. He had to admit, it was actually kind of amusing... Except that he had to deal with this crap. He glared at the prankster trio, only to find himself sighing again as Atea joined the group. Cynder ignored the groping as best as he could. There wasn't much he could do to stop it, really.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll decline." Grave responded to the option of ritually binding Talon to him. Privately he made a note to inquire about Sea Bishops later, though. Mostly because it was yet another thing he knew nothing about. "I don't think it'll be necessary. Also, I think you three had your fun already, so let's skip this part and move on." He admonished Valencia, Ziah and Club. They were definitely doing this on purpose now. "Anyway, how are the preparations for the road coming along?" That was what they left him for earlier, after all.

As the others answered his question, Grave reached out and patted Talon on the shoulder. "Since you're in this now, a word of advice. Just let it go." He sighed, looking him in the eyes. "They won't stop until you stop reacting or have a stroke, whichever happens first. They're just joking. Well, except Club. Maybe." He glanced at the goblin. "Either way, you lose if you argue with them when they gang up on you. Just let it go and they'll find someone else to pick on. Probably me. Though they're really not bad once you learn how to deal with them."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Grave put his arm around Talon's shoulder, the girls seemed to bunch up, Atea included, and watched the scene. "Look at how close they are..." Atea whispered. "It's actually kind of touching..." Valencia hummed. "It's frightening how quickly they're bonding." Ziah commented.

Talon seemed affected regardless, tensing up and face turning red. "So you say, but every jab they make really aggravates me..." he said. The girls just giggled. "And the fact that they keep calling us a couple... Nnnngh...!" He flared, irritated at his situation. Knowing that despite how he wished to say they were wrong, the inevitible truth was that he was to give Grave's female half his energy. So they had free reign to torture him.

"In all seriousness." Atea began, ironically still laughing. "Preparations are made, we just need to get moving. You all didn't pack much, and I did my packing already. Shall we?" she inquired. Then, she'd go outside, presumably with the group in tow, taking a moment to put Grave's female body on a stretcher. Then, they'd see Atea had a caravan prepared. Though one thing seemed to bother Talon. "A caravan with no horses?" he inquired. "Why do I need those when I have you?" Atea replied. Though not just at Talon, at everyone.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"I wonder why that is." Grave deadpanned as he sent the girls a pointed stare, making it quite clear there was a reason why he and Talon were bonding. Several reasons, in fact. And most of them were smartasses. "And trust me, I know that feeling. The only way to stop it for good it to stop reacting, I'm afraid." He sighed, patting Talon again before stepping back as he listened to Atea. So she was going with them? Interesting. She even had everything ready, quite a lot of it in fact. Pausing to check whether his female half was given some clothing, the part-echidna wondered how Atea was going to propel those carts. Magic?

The answer to that question made Grave stare at Atea again, this time in mixed disbelief and exasperation. "You've got to be fucking kidding me." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "I mean, seriously? This is not even practical!" The half-blood shook his head, starting a rant. "At least three of us are still human - partially at least - and while I could cheat and use the other body, which is potentially stronger than this one, that still leaves us with two people who are going to lag behind the rest! Nevermind the fact that Club is so absurdly strong she could probably throw those things now..."

Cynder trailed off, glancing at the aforementioned goblin. Well, this was probably a kind of a selfish idea, really, but he'd rather make it up to one person than pull a cart AND have to deal with the whole group grumbling. Particularly since a few of them could turn a wee bit ornery or violent when irritated. "Ah. Club, I don't suppose I could talk you into pulling those if we linked them together with rope or something?" Grave asked, eyeing the caravan as he tried to figure if she'd need help for no. "I'd be really, really grateful if you could. Can you do this for me?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Atea hummed at Grave's words. "You're right, she's quite strong, so why not use one of these?" She asked, going to fetch something that looked like a headband of metal with a long rod attached to it that ended in a loop for hanging bait. She suggested using that to hang in front of Club with meat or something so she'll chase it and pull the cart.

At his different take on getting Club to do it, Club grinned. "Club will do it if Gwave will let Club ride his cawk till it's red and raw!" she replied.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"No, just... No." Grave sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose at the sight of the item Atea produced. Putting aside how silly it looked, he wasn't even certain how long a food item would keep Club occupied. Given their history, he was seriously worried that he'd end up hanging from that thing, probably while naked. Not to mention the damn thing would look simply silly and he had quite enough of insanity in his life thus far, thank you very much. Not to mention, this could easily turn very humiliating or perhaps even dangerous if the bait would turn out too effective.

The alternative, of course, was to agree to Club's demands. Grave was not suprised by what she requested at all. And in the end, he had to admit that she'd probably do something like that anyway: this was just a convenient excuse. "Fair enough." He nodded. "Right, let's just go link those carts together, the quicker we do this the sooner we can leave." He'd get to work on that using whatever ropes or other materials that were available before making sure Club was in position to pull the carts. Then Cynder would simply board one and wait for the caravan to start moving, trying to relax.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When Grave agreed, Valencia, Roy, and Envy seemed to form a group of whispers that he could clearly hear. "Wow, straight up agreement. Masochist pig." Valencia spat. "A fetish for being mounted... I wonder if you're correct, it was like that when we did it." Roy said analytically. "He was on bottom for all of you too?" Envy inquired.

Then all three in unison said: "Definitely a hardcore masochist."

"Yay Gwave's a maso!" Club said, as if she didn't understand. "And Club is his dom!" but she very much did understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cart prep was made, and the Wagon that would pull them, giant in size, basically like a cramped small house, was hooked to Club. She tested the ropes, and it moved like she was a 3"9' girl pulling a light plastic toy. "Easy! Gwave is gonna give so much luv~" Club said, making a very creepy lewd smile as drool ran down her chin. With everyone soon on board, Club didn't go at a dash, she instead went at a brisk pace. Actually pacing herself instead of going for gold when it came to humping Grave.

"Hmm... Did that infusion make her a little smarter?" Envy wondered.

"I thought she'd be running." Valencia said.

"If you'd notice, Club became more deviant too. She actually made a business deal with Grave to great effect." Roy observed.

Atea giggled. "In case all of you were thinking it, that's not a goblin anymore. Club is a complete demon. Her anatomy is closer to that of an arch imp. But with fundamental differences, like no wings. She is her own breed right now. Though, it also helps that she and your souls share a... Common asset, one that is especially helpful in her soul moreso than yours."

"Pardon?" Roy inquired.

"Club is a chosen of fate. Interesting how it'd be a goblin, huh?" Atea grinned. "Both she and his souls are. I wonder if it was destiny that they met~"

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave pinched the bridge of his nose, trying not to lose his temper. They were doing this deliberately. They were just trying to piss him off like they did Talon. Still. "Right. A couple things to say here." He sighed, exasperated. "One, I can hear you three. Everybody can hear you, in fact. Two, you're all morons." The half-blood shook his head. "Now let's just link those carts up so we can get going." He called out before moving to start working on just that. Trying to correct Club would be a waste of time and trying to correct others would just give them more openings.

Soon enough Cynder and the rest of the group were on the carts, watching Club pull them at a fairly calm pace. He tried to ignore the drool and perverted mumbling, opting to just relax while he could. Altough he had to admit, Ziah and the rest had a point: the short monstergirl was behaving unusually for her. She seemed smarter, if not by much. But definitely enough to make it noticeable. At least Atea was kind enough to explain, even if that explanation made Grave sit up and stare. A chosen? Club? No friggin way. And yet... Her insane strength kind of made sense that way.

"Destiny my ass." Grave grimaced as he pondered their meeting. "With how much shit in my life had been set up in advance, I don't think this was a coincidence either." He was more than willing to blame that on Cynthia as well. For someone so helpful, she meddled a goddamn awful lot. "How's this more helpful to her than me, though? Is it because she's a monster?" Considering how some of them seemed to derive their power from magic, he figured it was a reasonable assumption to make. That enhanced soul had to be good for something, no? Though as he pondered that, something occured to him. For someone who was supposedly an enemy of demons now, he had an awful lot of them around him.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Indeed," Atea replied to the monster versus human bit. "Though in your case that no longer matters right? You've got a mamono body back there that can pack just as much of a punch as that pint sized mule we have pulling us." she declared.

"Are we almost there yet?" Club whined. "I'm booored!"

Roy looked back. The house was probably twenty paces back. "This does not bode well."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"It's the vulnerable human body I have to carry around in the meantime that I'm more worried about." Grave sighed. Atea had a point, though. He now had access to the body of a monster that he could use to fight. If he could learn how to use magic well, he'd be a force to be reckoned with. He'd need to be mindful of practicing regularly. Though for now, there was a more immediate problem to deal with. Namely, Club being Club.

"Would you rather be the one pulling this?" Grave sighed, glancing at Roy before calling out to the goblin-turned-demon. "You're doing great, just keep pulling for now! Remember, if you keep your word and pull us all to where we need to go, I'll keep mine." Perhaps reminding her of that promise would keep her going. Cynder really hoped it would. Otherwise they'd need someone else to pull those carts, or a new way of motivating Club.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh! That's right!" Club declared in response, apparently having forgot about the reward and pulling the wagon with renewed vigor.

Club pulled for the next few hours, until she grew tired. Atea decided to make camp, asking Grave to stay behind while the women: Roy, Valencia, and Envy went to go hunting to get some food for them that night. "So, I have a feeling I know what you've been thinking." Atea began. Talon and Club seemed interested. "You wish to learn how to improve your weaving skills, so that you may apply them to your female body for use in combat." she stated. "Well, you might find this ironic, but the best way to train would be in your weaker, human form. Tis mere theory, but I suggest learning how to fight with a weaker body, then once you are given a stronger body you're much more able to use it's strengths when your mind is used to fighting overbearing odds. A bit of mental trick if you will." She said, then grinned. "I of course, expect payment, but I can tutor you to become competent." The way she grinned told once again that she knew Grave had little of monetary worth, and seemed interested in what carnal offering he could provide.

(Atea's pic reminder, if you need one )

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, that went easier than Grave suspected it would. All he needed to do was to keep reminding Club of the prize and she'd keep pushing on her own. Of course, even she would get tired at some point, calling for a stop. The half-blood let the women go hunting. While Valencia was rather vulnerable against the locals and Roy hasn't had the best of luck, they probably still were better equipped to handle whatever was out there. Ziah was with them as well, so they were probably safe. Cynder remained to help set up camp.

He was in the middle of preparing the fireplace when Atea approached him, gaining everybody's attention with her offer. One that made Grave grimace slightly and sigh as he listened. "You were close. I was thinking of learning to use magic better to keep my human half safer first. Learning to use my monster side in combat effectively would have been a nice bonus." He stated. "Unlike you, humans can't fall back on brute force when fighting here. Granted, that tactic won't always work for monsters either, but at least they have that option if things go south. I wanted to try closing the gap between the two first, at least a little."

Grave paused, thinking. "Well, your way or mine, end result would be the same I guess." He shrugged. "It's just... Well. I would definitely like some tutoring, for sure. And I can't deny your skills even one bit." He admitted, eyeing her grin. "But I think it's pretty obvious what the payment would be and I'm really not sure how I'd explain that to Ziah and the rest. I really don't want to do something that'd make it hard for me to look them in the eyes while telling them the truth." And he didn't particularly feel like lying either. Sure, it could help avoid a mess, but Talon and Club were here as well. And there was no way Envy would take him sleeping around well.

"I don't mean to offend. I just don't want to carelessly end up with yet another regret. I'm making things hard enough for myself and others without actively trying to." Cynder sighed again. He was having a really hard time understanding people around him and time and again it kept biting him in the ass. Even now he wasn't certain how Atea was going to take this. Would she be disappointed? Angry? Or would she try pushing? He dreaded all of those possibilities, really. But again, he kept pushing his luck with Club and his sister a lot and messed up relationships on a fairly consistent basis. Doing something that risked causing more damage, being unfaithful in particular... That was just asking for trouble.