What's new

A War of Blood Soaked Golden Wings (Kala;Blu)

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Love Geometry (Kala)

Kala merely shrugged at Alexis' scornful comment and returned to Erik's side, her healing having taken its course. As Erik argued with Alexis, Kala kept on eyeing Lian, trying to size up the duplicitous human, attempting to remember anything and everything she could about him from her own human experience.

When Alexis said her last statement, Kala decided to change the subject. "So Lian. This seems to have been your plan all along then? To surrender to us? What comes next in your calculations? I'd love to hear it."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nothing. When Kala tried to dig up in her memories before, usually she met some resistance, but some things would come up and she could almost see flashes of memories unearthed. However, trying to think of Lian, he might as well be a stranger. Everyone knew him, but Kala wouldn't even remember knowing him at all, even when the memories should be there. She wouldn't even remember him being the most renowned strategist of the Magi. If she did have memories of him, they were locked up tight.

Lian smiled, and chuckled softly upon Kala looking to him and questioning him. "I was thinking that I'd get comfortable with my situation as a prisoner. Luckily, I saved my most favorite book from the ship before it crashed." he announced, an innocent expression on his face.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"But what if we're monsters, like Alexis believes?" Kala asked. "What if we just decide to kill you, or worse, toss your body around and around, each of us having our way with you relentlessly? How does that fit into your plan and hope for catching up on your reading?"

Kala glared at him, wanting to see just how smug the strategist could be. "Are you really of any worth to me as a prisoner whatsoever?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lian laughed openly at what Kala said. "You have not lost your touch, Kala. No matter what happens to you, some things will never change." he complimented her. "I am at your mercy, as you know. I am your enemy's valuable tool of war. If you want my advice, terminating me would be your safest option... If only you were so cold, Kala. I can smile now, knowing I will likely live, because you still seem to be... Too nice for your own good..." Lian stated, his smile fading as that statement he made himself seemed to cause him discomfort.

"Cleska will not negotiate for me and truly wish for me to return. As Alexis is doomed for her betrayal, I am doomed to never be among the Magi again. Cleska is rather cruel like that, as you may recall. So, in light of that... I am no value as your prisoner." he stated.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kala frowned too as she crossed her arms and let the silence between her and Lian grow longer. Too nice for her own good? Yes, that was probably true. She was torn between her need for peace and the means necessary to achieve that. There were people like Cleska, and many others, who would not be convinced by her offer of peace, her vision of a better world. She must harden herself to deal with those people, and she'd already begun to fight with lethal intent in some instances... but was she losing her true self in doing that? She didn't want to become the creature that had turned her into this form. She must remain Kala.

"Do I need to terminate you, Lian? What is it that you want? Can you assure me at all that your apparent surrender here isn't a ploy to gain information from me? To play on my hypothetical mercy? Worm your way into my confidences? Then betray me and Erik and all that I hold dear to Cleska? What is your angle? Tell me now, because I'll find a way to get it out of you eventually."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lian hummed as Kala pressed to know what he wanted. Putting his index and middle finger to his lower lip, he seemed to think for a moment, finally a flash of memory surfacing itself as she'd recall that such was often the stance he took when playing against Erik in Legion, the game of military strategy. After a moment, he lowered his hand, folding both hands in front of himself again. "I would like to meet Undine. If I were after something, I suppose it would be her."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmmph. Making you think, aren't I?" Kala hummed. "You always ponder like that when you're playing Legion with Erik. So I'm still to be your opponent..." Kala frowned sadly and turned to Erik. "We'll discuss his desire to meet Undine with Undine herself. And Claire as well. In the meanwhile, we need a safe place to house our prisoner. And an even safer place to house our refugee." She jerked a slime tentacle to point at Alexis.

"Lian, one last question. What do you wish to happen to the mamono who live here?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lian lowered his head at Kala announced herself as Lian's opponent, and seemed to chuckle quietly. "I do not see you as an enemy, Kala. Rather... The sight of you, to me, is simply... One that does indeed bother me, but does not drive me to seek your demise, as if such a thing were possible, as glorious and powerful as you've become." he made his reply, taking a deep breath as the excitement of the battle before seemed to leave him. He relaxed his shoulders, and let his head tilt back. His posture was defenseless, and lax, as if he had no worries.

"And, as for what I wish..." Lian hummed openly, his head remaining tilted back, his eyes looking at the broken clouds above that were disturbed from the winds of their battle. Harpies Kala saw fall to magi attacks rose. Each casualty she witnessed was not so. Some were badly wounded, but the power of mamono was strong indeed. There was almost no scene of tragedy to be seen; however, revenge was instead consuming the battlefield. Fallen magi were made prisoners of harpies. Some of those harpies flew down and brought men to the scylla, who reached up with their tentacles as if being delivered food, tongues hanging from their mouths as they salivated, and to the sea slimes, who swarmed like piranha, snatching their present from the skies and vanishing in the same instant, into the depths.

In a world long ago, those men would have been eaten alive.

"I'm not sure how to answer that question." Lian replied to Kala finally, after seeing how little success his forces had. "But, now that I have failed my mission, I am now an enemy of the Magi. They will assume that every man here who is captured as Erik was to turn traitor in favor of the mamono who took them, and mostly, they will be correct. I'm sure you remember how ruthless Cleska can be." Lian assumed. Truth be told, Kala had little recollection about the individual facts of Cleska, except what she already knew, that the evil which Lien described was no lie.

Then, he gave a respectful bow to Kala, his hands folded in front of himself, oddly taking a feminine stance as he showed Kala the manners of a proper underling to someone superior. "Thank you for considering my request. Under the circumstances, it is quite generous of you." he said with a kind smile.

Meanwhile, behind Kala, the diamond slime heard metallic shuffling. If she looked, Kala would observe Alexis sitting in place against her golem, one leg pulled up to her body, and her arms resting on top of it, before she rested her head against her arms. It seemed as if she was acquiring some rest; meanwhile, Erik knelt next to her, talking to her quietly. Despite the circumstances, Alexis seemed happy that Erik was close to her.

Approaching Lian, Claire giggled, and pat Lian's head happily, and with a bright smile. "For someone who did such wrong, you sure have splendid manners!" she praised him, petting his head.

"Thank you," he accepted her praise.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I am not the Kala I was before, but neither am I completely gone. Kala who once was a magi still resides within this form you see now." Kala gestured to herself with her arms, letting the tendrils and excess goo completely slide up into her form until she was once again completely in her human shape.

"The real difference is that in becoming a mamono, I've seen a side of monsters that you haven't seen, and that Cleska will always refuse to see. What were once monsters are now beings who replace aggressive, violent desires with ones of affection - yes in some cases it is extreme affection, but even then, with such affection comes the opportunity for communication, and from there stems the possibility for understanding. There is so much the Magi could learn if they put aside their prejudice and their weapons of war and simply spoke with mamono. There is a reason that men, as you say, 'turn traitor,' and it is not because of brainwashing. It is because anyone would defend a soul that loves them, that fights for them as mamono are compelled to do."

Kala waved a hand Alexis' way. "I know I am up against an impossible task in convincing every Magi to accept us, but the goal I am working for is co-existence and reconciliation with humankind. Cleska and those who follow her, are a direct obstacle to that. I must find a way to overcome her, and I would prefer to spill as little blood in the process as I possibly can."

She nodded to Clair as the crystalline woman petted Lian's head. "Lian, this is Crystal Claire. A being wrongfully imprisoned by Magi. She is perhaps the greatest hope for a world where humans and mamono live in harmony with one another."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It is a pleasure, Miss Claire." Lian greeted her. "I heard of you escaping, after I heard of who was coming to release you."

"Oh? The great strategist knew about little old me?" Claire giggled. "How come you didn't send more people to stop me from coming back?" she asked curiously.

"Why would I have sent any?" he inquired. "Who you saw were merely guardians, and since your history is filled with non-violence... I must inquire why I would ever seek to keep imprisoned a beautiful creature such as yourself, when the worst that you could ever do is engage in lengthy conversation. Personally, I think communication is important, so rather than wish your imprisonment, I envy you."

Claire giggled, rubbing his head some more. "Ho-ho-ho, you're a cute little thing aren't you?" she said, before turning to Kala. "If it's someone to keep track of him you're looking for, I can do it! He seems wiling anyway, she he should be fine~"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes, Claire, you can look after him. Just don't let him charm you into giving anything away. And remember, despite what he says, he might still be working for Cleska. If he tries to do anything, I presume you're not adverse to immobilizing him?"

Kala turned back to Erik, and consequentially, his sister. "Erik, my love, it's time we found Alexis a place to rest. Then we need to meet with Undine and decide what to do next. I'm not sure how much time this victory over the Magi has bought us, but at least we are for the most part in one piece."

She eyed the half-siblings, a part of her unable to help but worry and feel bitter about the way Erik showed such affection for his injured sister. Did he so easily forget that she had wanted to exterminate Kala? That she still probably wished her dead?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Claire wraps her arms around him and lifts him up off of his feet, swinging him around while giggling. "Aww! He's like a pale doll!" she cooed, before looking to Kala, and 'blinking' as much as a crystal slime could. "Immobilize...? You mean like this?" she asked, before swinging Lian around as if she were truly holding a doll to show Kala, as Lian himself laughed nervously. He didn't seem to entirely hate the treatment.

Spoken to by Kala, Erik nodded to his slime love, rising from where he kneelt next to Alexis, with the sister in tow via her arm around his shoulders. "We certainly haven't seen the last of the Magi for sure." Erik said. "But... Lian, Alexis, and you... Were the pride of the Magi. They were dealt serious blows by losing all three of you." he said simply. Then, seeing Kala's expression... All of what she thought given how well he was treating his sister despite how she wanted to harm Kala must have at least somewhat shown on her expression, because Erik seemed to understand the gist of what she was thinking.

"Please don't look at me like that, Kala... No matter what, she's still my sister. I owe so much to her, since I wouldn't have gone beyond infancy in my life if it weren't for her taking me into her family. Please, now that we have no choice but to sit quietly in each other's company, allow me to talk with her?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Allow? Erik, you can do whatever you want," Kala said, and then turned away. Of course she was still fuming inside, but she wouldn't give Alexis the satisfaction of is registering on Kala's slimey visage.

"Meet me in Undine's temple when you're done talking to Alexis and she's safe and secure among her new hosts. Make sure she understands just how bad of an idea it would be to start trouble." Kala spoke while facing away from the two siblings, and when all was said, she walked away following along with Claire and the tightly held ragdoll called Lian.

She parted ways with the crystalline beauty and headed up the steps to Undine's chamber. When she was at last away from everyone else's eyes, she relaxed and let her form become less human and more oozey. It was more natural to move around with her legs dissolving into a mass of dripping semi-liquid. She still kept her upper half intact though, as for some reason having an upper body in humanoid form was more natural than going completely into goo mode.

She looked about for Undine, wanting to take solace in her reanimator's calm wisdom.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I will, Kala. I may be a while though." Erik said before Kala departed with Claire. The crystal slime cuddled and snuggled and outright suffocated Lian with affection similar to that of a master loving it's beloved pet. Lian seemed to be bearing with it, but he looked to be struggling, in that her affections truly were assertive. It seemed obvious what Claire and he would eventually do if left alone long enough together.

Before the two of them would depart, Kala and Claire made their way across the war torn battlefields and found themselves within Undine's temple once more. The terrible damages that many had witnesses were suddenly paled in the sight of the massive reconstruction effort throughout the temple. Every droplet of water in the temple, Kala would feel, had a life of it's own, and was moving things about. Debris was plugged into the holes above made by the springs. Countless tentacles from the water assisted various sea folk with their efforts to rebuild. Even without them, the whole temple seemed to be running itself, and rapidly healing it's scars. To anyone, it would seem as if the entire temple, and it's waters, was alive.

Even when Kala navigated up to the temple, where bridges were broken, the waters from below sprang up, life given to them from a force deeply connected to them, and formed a bridge of water. Some had a little trouble navigating such bridges, as Kala would see Erik and Alexis attempting to go slow along the bridge, their feet sinking into the liquid which tried to support them, and others simply sailed through it, as she'd see Sapphire doing, coming right up behind Alexis and Erik. She made no attempt to murder. Rather, she simply smiled at Erik and said, clear enough for Even Kala to hear across the cave: "Thank you for your decision!" She gave a nod to Alexis as if she were the choice he made, before swimming down, singing happily along the way.

Erik seemed to try to ignore her.

Making her way up a final bridge, which was the longest, Kala ascended to the temple building itself, from which a large river flowed in. There was nothing of interest outside, but inside, Kala would see Undine's figure floating in the middle of the circular chamber of worship. A pillar of water flowed upwards from the deep round hole in the center, which Kala may fondly remember to be her birthplace as a pure mamono. Undine floated in the center, seeming to be putting all effort into managing the activity going on outside. Still, despite all that, Undine managed to speak. "I can spare you enough attention for conversation, Kala. But nothing more. What is it you wished to see me about as we repair this sacred place?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hearing Erik say he would be some time with Alexis just made Kala want to cringe further, but there was nothing she could do. Alexis was hurt and Erik was the only one here would would act with genuine kindness to her, given her known attitude towards the mamono. Gloomy thoughts threatened to whelm up inside of her, so she squared her frame, set her shoulders, and moved quickly across the war torn landscape, shunting out as many thoughts as she could.

I just don't want to lose Erik.

She moved across the bridge, her body naturally buoyed by the water spout. Sapphire's brief appearance could only make Kala shake her head further. That troublesome fish girl was living in a delusion. Erik was hers. Hers!

At last she came to Undine, the elemental being at the nerve center of this entire complex, at the pillar of water that had been Kala's place of rebirth.

"Undine. The enemy leader was captured. The Magi are scattered. While rebuilding is of course a priority. I had wanted to know your opinion on what we must do next? The best time to act would be now, while their forces are still reeling and disorganized. Don't you agree?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We have breathing room now Kala, indeed." Undine agreed, but never seemed to regard Kala with her own natural senses of sight, her focus no doubt everywhere else at once. Kala was no doubt a mere voice in her head, due to her focus. "However, if you mean to attack, I'm afraid that our offensive capability isn't enough to launch a counter attack. I know you want to chide me for saying that, but we mustn't push on." Undine strictly annonuced to Kala, leaving no room for argument. "However, there is other news that has reached me. Do you recall the conversation we had about Ignis? A siren has apparently located a slime made out of lava, acting as a guardian for her temple. The key for acquiring the aid of Ignis has shown itself, and as you may recall, her lava is a direct power source for the Magi. I think you understand the rest, don't you Kala?"

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You wish me to convince this lava slime to let me see Ignis? I do not know how such a mamono would react to me, even though we might both be oozes. Should I go alone?"

Kala worried that such a task was suite for her alone and that the presence of other solids might cause distrust from the guardian. If such were the case, it would mean leaving Erik here with Alexis so close to him. Not to mention that psychotic mermaid that wanted him out of the picture.

She waited to see what Undine's suggestion might be.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Claire would be able to come with you as well, but no other would be able to stand those temperatures, I'm afraid. If Erik came with you, he would faint for sure." Undine replied. "However, I merely say this because of the news that came to me. If you do not wish to go on and leave Erik, I will not hold anything against you."

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kala could not deny that the urge to stay with Erik was strong, so strong in fact that it took her several tries before she could correctly force the air through her body to say the words: "Thank you, but I must go there. And Claire... she she should stay here and help protect this place from further Magi mischief shouldn't she?"

Emboldened by having made her choice, Kala stood up a little taller. "I think, maybe it would be good for me to do this on my own. I'm sure I can manage it. Just rely on me, okay Undine?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Undine smiled, even as she still did not directly look at Kala. "I have already relied on you greatly, and I do feel that I rely on you too much. If you have anything you wish to ask of me, Kala, I will do it for you." Undine announced with pride, and trust in her fellow shapeless kin.