What's new

Chaos (Glenn;Ryu)

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Chaos (Glenn;Ryu)

Not being one much for the history of the lands, Glenn did remember what Sona had told him. About a great war that ruined one whole half of the island. Technically both if he recalled, however things returned to normal for the other side. He did not know the exact reasons for this, but intuition told him that Anubis was not among the innocent type, despite her currently polite demeanor. The previous sighting they had certainly helped that feeling along too. And the feeling he recieved from the Sphinx upon his own polite refusal only intensified it. The two of them acting as ying and yang to each other in a subtle emotional regard.

Compared to her offer with the cockatrice, the offer to help against the angels caught the man's attention, lighting his eyes up and filling his thoughts. As much as he still hated to admit it he didn't know how he was going to turn things in favor for Isabel and the Magi's survival. He was inexperienced in the techniques that would matter, and to make matters worse there was still that whole thing with the shard of fate that had been stolen from him. His power compared to the strength the Magi already had, or against the angels seemed feeble. But the strength of Anubis? She had to be quite strong right? If she were on their side then the 'angels' would have some hard hitting competition to deal with. Especially if her servants were also quite strong...

He had to remember though... his intuition. It was also clear that if he agreed that she would take whatever opportunity she could to control him probably. "If you are as noble and kind as your visage then you need not fear. I will need not take any action other than what I plan to. Which at this point mostly involves finding ways to eat meat without having to question my humanity each time." Glancing at Shiva and seeing the goosebumps raised along the merc girl's skin, the man took it that their parting exchange offer was as eerie as it felt. Especially if it could get a rise out of her like this. "Sorry but I'll pass on the riddles; I'm more of a crosswords guy myself. Even if I could take you up on your offer with the angels... it'd have to go through the Magi first. I'd certainly want to bring it up with them first myself." By this point he could feel his own goosebumps heightening with full force, and between the looks of both Anubis and Sphinx he was feeling smaller and smaller with every moment.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anubis chuckles at that, before rising from her throne, and slowly walking down. The mummies gracefully lower the platform to the ground, making it so their ruler does not have to step down from her glorious height. She walks forth, holding out a paw turned up that gathered magics in its grasp. The magics worked in such a way that the level of expertise and speed blew away the seeming skill of Shiva, making her look like a mere weaving hobby in comparison. His eyes couldn't follow, and Glenn got the impression that even if he watched the Lord of the Dead do it twenty times over, he would be lucky to get a vague idea of what she did. All the same however, what formed in her hand, in a matter of a few seconds, was a small mutton of meat with a bone sticking out of it as a convenient handle, which held held to him. "You have interesting ways of avoiding the word 'yes', Glenn. It worries me. I don't like to be worried." she stated. "Life was created just as I made this meat. Just as the gods were created. The long ago Magi theory of Primordial soup being behind the creation of existence is not entirely untrue. Even then, where the weaves of existence truly came from, it's impossible to track. But just as this meat was made, the initial start of Life came first as a mass of weaves colliding into one another, growing sentience, and forming into giant masses we know to be the gods. As the gods were made by accident, they used their accidental blessing to create the sun, and the worlds we know and do not know. This meat was created from me, but it was not cut from me. Eat it if you wish. I'm sure your moral compass can handle the unconventional way this was made, as I'm sure I did not collide with your definition of inhuman activity. But the true difference this meat has with meat severed from a live beast is nil. The only extra meaning it has is simply fabricated by you. To a mind such as mine, there is no difference. But when you have a mind like mine, you possess understanding in spades. I know, the origin is important to you. Which is why I have made it for you. No pain, only the labor behind making it instead of having the natural process of birth doing it. Humans love to make things difficult when they don't have to be. You're no exception, it seems." she declared.

"But the means and the end are neither going to be difficult for me. If to speak with the Magi you must, then you must. And you will." she insisted. "I will capture the bird, this cockatrice, with ease. She'll be in my hands before day's end. Then you may do what you wish. Though your loud friend is correct, giving her to someone else guarantees nothing. Not in this world, nor in many others I'm sure. It's just a relinquish of responsibility. There is no honor in passing the task on, only admission that you do not desire to do it. I've seen them countless times, often as rather fanciful things called charities. Few were honest, but most were corrupt. If you wish to save that species, then do so. Otherwise, I will just as gladly put the creature to use under my supervision. I will happily ensure she does not go extinct. And trust that I will treat her far better than most who would approach you for the same offer. But... You will wish to make it more complicated than that, I'm sure~" she giggled, as did her companion.

"Run along to your Magi, tell them I wish to help them preserve their way of life. My interests are entirely with The Chosen. I'm sure they'll get the message. I will be right here, waiting for your return. If you do not return by tomorrow, I will find you."

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

The man considered it a bad omen when the golden platform was lowered and Anubis rose and approached them. Her presence sending worry as well as a thrillful feeling though him at her graceful approach. A step up in his heartbeat as the tan skinned beauty approached. From her expertly weaved magics he watched in wonder as one of the most delicious looking wrapping of meat around a protruding bone that he seen of recent. Held out as if in offering to him. He would accept if of course, if she truly were offering it, giving it a look over while pondering the depths of magical talent used to create something like this so effortlessly. 'The ability to transform magic into food sounds like a talent I should have sought out years ago. Why am I only considering looking for ways to do such a thing now?'

"If there are no good charities... then perhaps I shall have to make my own, and see to it that it succeeds. I always did want to go into business for myself..." When the canine lord dismissed them, Glenn gave a quick glance between Anubis and Sphinx, before reaching for Shiva with a gentle guiding hand. "Very well... until we meet again your majesty. Hey... come along now..." With a modicum of speed he ushered the currently silent merc girl back to her bike, taking the driver's spot without a second thought and boosting them away. All while the exiting words that Anubis had uttered still lingered in his mind. He wasn't stupid as to what that meant, and with the power the canine lord had it would mean bad things if he skipped out of the meeting.

Glenn was positively silent as he flew them back towards the Magi, taking a natural sloping route tracing the sides of the mountains to reach it. But when he finally reached the outskirts of the city his relief was very palpable. He set them down nearby what he hoped was a guards kiosk, considering that there was a couple of them on lookout from a tower nearby, jumping off the bike and walking a few steps away before bending over slightly. His hands cupping his own face as he breathed through them for a few moments before he straightened up with a groan. This was not good. This was REALLY not good. All he wanted was to gain experience and training to help the Magi, and now because of this they would all have to deal with a powerful canine lord from the desert who was not going to take no for an answer. And over a cockatrice of all things.

"Hey do any of you have a phone? I need a line to Isabel Queen, on very urgent business. Tell them it's business from Doppler." He requested of the nearby guards, figuring it would be easier to raise Queen this way that risk flying through busy streets to get to her. "I'm going to need a ride back to my quarters too if you can add that." He added right after, not intending to ride with Shiva on her bike to do such a thing now. Then he turned to Shiva. "You'll understand if we have to cut things short today. This new business throws quite the wrench into things, and not for the better. Isabel will want to know as soon as possible, so that we can figure out what the hell we're gonna do about this... everything." He explained to the merc girl while throwing his arms into the air with a motion.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiva was silent, and surprisingly humble looking, getting onto the bike and not even soaking it anymore. Though as he walked away with her, he heard the Sphinx coo, "Oh, mistress, he's got~" she began whispering to Anubis, before the Lord looked at him in turn, and both began to chuckle with amusement.

Going back to the city, Shiva was quiet the whole time, even as they landed on the border of the Magi city, near where some guards were. Shiva remained sitting on the back, one arm folded underneath herself while her right hand went to cover her mouth, seemingly lost in thought. Though when Glenn sought the guards to solve his dilemma, they would be talking amongst themselves as Glenn heard Shiva in the back. "Hey, Isabell? It's me. Glenn's doing fine. Learned how to fly a little." she said very calmly. The guards apparently didn't hear her, as she was still sitting on the bike with a square metal device to her ear. "We met Anubis." she declared, and Glenn could hear loud noises coming from the device. "She's mostly after me and Glenn. Though she is offering to help you-" she was cut off by more noises. "I don't think she's willing to negotiate or accept no for an answer." She said, before silence followed. "Also, we found a rare species, prepare something in Glenn's room, and set up an extra bed in there for me... I'm not telling you what it is. It's mine. I had to fight Glenn just to even accidentally get it... Make it a green field. Vegetarian. Lots of space... No... It's definitely not a cockatrice, no... No it isn't... Stop saying it's a cockatrice and just tell your mooks to get it done alright!? We'll handle Anubis so stop losing your mind! Just be happy your stupid little play pen isn't gonna be blown up by angels now!" she shouted, before hanging up. "Fucking bitch." she said with a click of her tongue. Then she rolled herself up into the driver's seat. "I'm going to your room. Get on or don't, I don't give a fuck." she said.

Then, Shiva would be driving off at a brisk pace, far less dangerous than before, with or without Glenn while the Guards were still talking. "We can give you a ride to your place when my shift ends in an hour." said a male guard wearing a helmet and visor over his face.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

It took a moment for Glenn to register what Shiva was doing, and as the conversation continued the disbelief that he felt grew to a fevered pitch. Slowly he turned to look back at her with a look that signaled the same, an eyelid flinching from time to time. "You've got to be kidding me..." Is all that he said before she would eventually fly off without him, and he would be left alone with the guards. A hand raised to grip his own face, sliding down along it with pressure as he watched the merc girl fly off towards the heart of the city. "That ride would be much appreciated. Now if you could get that phone line for me?" He'd ask, and when he finally did get it he would relay quite soundly. "Miss Queen, it's Glenn. Disregard any of Shiva's orders. I don't want her anywhere near the quarters you've lent to me. In fact, I'd appreciate if you could apprehend her and her vehicle the moment you're able to. I'm invoking part of our agreement and 'understanding' with this. And of course I'd much appreciate that as well. We'll talk more face to face about this Anubis business, as this is going to be fucking rough to put it lightly."

Following the call, the man would spend his time waiting for the men's shift to end, bumming a smoke off of one of them if they were kind enough to afford such a kindness. Passing time by watching post with them and casually observing their surroundings, an act that reminded him quite much of many of the simple guard jobs that he himself had taken on long ago.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At first, silence. Then, the sound of a reclining chair squeaking back as if someone was leaning back into it, followed by a hollow sigh. "Glenn." she began, but paused as if to try and calculate what she'd say after that. "I take it a lot has happened on your end. I trust that you have a reason for telling me to arrest Shiva, whom I assigned to be your tutor, who is quite unfortunately, actually gifted. The unfortunate addition to this truth is that the reason why I value you over her is that you are... Hopefully more calm and collected than her, which I'm not hearing from you now. You're making demands, unusual demands. I'm not saying I will not stop her, but I want you to be the voice of reason to me right now. Because both you and her are acting like two peas in a pod of chaos." she stated. "I've arrested Shiva before. She tends to cause a lot of damage if angered. I desperately need you to relieve the headache I'm developing, and explain things to me in the most rational and scientific way a human being can. Because if this request was born from emotional distress, then I would prefer if you calm down and rethink what you're asking me. I'm aware, all too aware of why you're likely upset, but short of Shiva planning to blow up the facility, I request a reason as to why. She desires a place close to you, that much I gathered, as well as a place to house a cockatrice, as if I wouldn't guess that's what you found. In addition, tell me about this Anubis character. She is supposed to be dead or buried."

"Calmly. Explain." she said, her tone of voice sounding like it was cracking, on the verge of exploding.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

"Alright... alright. I planned to say this when were face to face, but if you need it now I understand. Trust me... I UNDERSTAND." He began with emphasis before continuing. "Hopefully you'll understand where I'm coming from too. This Anubis character, she's not a joke. I felt her power... hell I have a meatsteak she conjured out of thin air like it was nothing... and the weaving she used was on a level that not even a thousand Shivas could replicate I don't think. I suppose when you get a title like 'Lord of the Dead' your magic is certainly not going to be a joking manner. Point is, she's the real deal, and can do a lot of damage if push comes to shove. And if she's supposed to be dead you could have fooled me, because there was certainly no phantom there, just a bunch of mummies. She did say something about being released recently if I recall..."

Pausing, the man continued after a short moment. "The fact of the matter is that this encounter with this powerful mamono and her attraction here was entirely avoidable. If Shiva had been more the mind to focus on actually training me properly instead of insisting on some spontaneous 'adventure' as she put it, all to catch a cockatrice, then there would have been no threat at all. By causing all this through a lack of focus on her duty to you... she has directly put the safety and future of not only yourself, but the Magi as a whole into jeopardy. And as far as I can tell... she thinks it's a joke. Thinks YOU are a joke. That her experience and capacity will give her yet another free pass with even something like this. A free pass just like all the times that have happened before I gather." He said referring to Isabel's own words.

The man then let out a sigh of his own, griping the back of his head. "I haven't forgotten my promise to you, that promise to do what I can to protect you and the Magi, Izzy. It's one I intend to keep even after this whole ordeal with the angels are done and dusted. If there was ever any time I could dare invoke your own promise to me with good conscience... this is one of them." He insisted while tapping his fingers on a table to the words. "Shiva might be talented, she might be more experienced and capable but her recklessness and penchant for chaos has just put you in everyone you know into danger. Including me. After all Anubis has demanded that I meet with her at the same spot tomorrow with your answer, and if things go bad with her... hell if she just decides it anyway... she'll likely move to take and claim me. What would that mean for you and the Magi then I wonder?" He weighed questioningly, knowing full well what directions the thought could imply with what was prophesied about him.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"If that IS the real Anubis, I have no illusions." Queen said calmly. "But, I believe that if Anubis wasn't revived by Shiva herself, then I do not believe she did anything Anubis didn't already plan on doing. In fact, I'm quite certain that what Anubis wants is probably Shiva herself. I don't know if she searched you like I did, to find that you had a hole in your soul, but if she didn't then all she should want is just Shiva, and to that I say, let Anubis have her. So, in contrary to your wishes, I think the best course of action would be to appeal to Shiva for now. Get her to reappear before Anubis, and see what happens." she declared. "And I'm all too aware of Shiva and her character. You speak as if I don't already have a long standing relationship with that cartoon character. But the fact remains, she is useful. And if she ceases to be useful, then I will cut ties with her. She knows that. I trust her as well, that she taught you a few things today. I'm sure it was uncomfortable, but dealing with her never truly is. Such is the life we lead." she declared.

"Above all else, sacrifice her to Anubis if it comes to it. Use her as a bargaining chip and don't dismiss her so readily. Besides... I believe that Anubis doesn't have an immediate plan to have her first moments be destroying my facility. Call it a hunch. It seems like something not even Shiva would do, inane and ludicrous. History didn't tell stories of Anubis as a radical character. Rather, very cold and logical. I'm sure no matter what we will dance to her tune, given the situation, but what I'm curious about is what she planned on doing before she met you and Shiva. That worries me more than our current situation. If you can understand that." she declared.

"This is a request. Tolerate Shiva, for one day at least. And tell Anubis... That I welcome The Golden Wolf. I accept her aid with open arms." she stated. "Desperate times call for desperate measures, and that includes welcoming a tyrant into my life. Ironically she's not even as bad as the angels. What a trade deal." she laughed. "Keep in mind that you lack a shard, so you're of no immediate interest to her. If she took you now it would just be pointless kidnapping. This is why having Shiva there is important. Understand? Which reminds me..."

There was a click on the phone, before Isabell spoke again. "Your shard is here, still in it's host. I'm told she came without a fuss. Though she refuses to speak to me or anyone until she meets you. She asked for a private room for the two of you to speak in. Her name is... Aurine, if I recall."

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

The man frowned when queen spoke against his wishes, and again when she contemplated the desire Anubis had for a Shiva over himself. "She came from a land ruined by the people of Zippangu, from her own words. Doesn't take a genius to figure out what she might do after centuries of being entombed." After a moment it suddenly dawned on the man what Isabel meant by Anubis desiring Shiva. "Wait a moment, are you telling me that Shiva is a Chosen too? When Anubis spoke, she spoke directly to me... did she really think the Chosen was me instead of Shiva?" He pondered, realizing a big reason why Shiva became so quiet and humble like during the encounter. She was an edge away from being found out.

This talk of sacrificing Shiva did not sit well with the man at all. Despite his current feelings about Shiva at the moment, throwing her to the whims of some resurrected mamono lord sounded absolutely barbaric, even to save his own skin for the Magi's service. And tolerating the merc girl unwarranted was similarly an unwell thought. "Fine... I'll tolerate her. But I'm not approving any changes to my room. If she wants to be close to me, she'll just have to take the room nearby to mine. And we aren't sharing a bed. Jill and Sona are already plenty enough for that as it is." He insisted, already willing to order Jill to throw the merc girl out if it came to it.

When Isabel spoke of Aurine the man's attention was peaked once more. "Aurine? When did she arrive?" He questioned before shaking his head. "Still in the thief you mean. It figures she would want such a thing." He had half a mind not to honor such a request given what he had learned with this whole shard business. "I trust this private room has a protective separation and armed guard detail. Because I'm certainly not going to meet her unless it's absolutely clear that she won't burst out of whatever restraints she might be encased in. And trust me, you need to restrain her like you need to restrain Shiva, even though you're not going to do that." He sighed, before tilting his head. "How long will it be before the operation to reverse this whole mess. I'd much rather it be sooner than later, even with these developments."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Isabell let out a sigh. "I don't know about what happened while the two of you were speaking to her, so don't ask me. As well, there isn't a room available next to yours. I didn't think it would ever be important to say, but her old room is now yours. Shiva and I... Had a falling out. So she left her room and never came back. I repurposed it for you, but now that I asked her to train you, she wants to go back. You're both throwing your demands at me like children and threatening to do this or that if I don't agree. I've already got Shiva staring at me through one of the oculus orbs I have around the living areas... Nevermind. She responded to the messenger I sent by shoving them and bursting into the room. Good news for you though, she didn't damage anything so far. Seemed she just looked around inside the room and then left in a little angry fit. So I guess you don't have to worry about her being there for now. Though she does still have her key to the room. I could change it, but she knows how to bypass security, so don't even ask me to try." she declared. "The only way you stop someone like Shiva is to shoot them dead."

On the matter of Aurine, "I will need to have you both sedated and ready for operation, sort of like surgery. So both parties must consent otherwise I cannot operate. Are you sure you want me to have an armed guard and separated glass? You don't sound like you want to ask her nicely. If she's dangerous, I don't want to have a second Shiva running around, do you understand? I want you to tell me that doing these things won't make her do anything to threaten myself or my people. You're treating her like she's dangerous, and as she is, she's calm right now. I'd prefer not to make her temperament worse. I will ignore her wishes if you absolutely demand it, but... I think a compromise would be to put guards outside the room. If you would be willing, I can simply give you a panic button and have guards outside the private room. I simply think that you... Are acting a bit irrational. It seems like almost everyone around you is being treated with the utmost hostility from you, and I'm not sure whether to identify the problem as you or them, or both. I'm an outsider to all of this, so I'd like you to understand how you must sound to me right now."

She let out a drawn out sigh. Glenn had a chance to deliver a reply before she would state: "I have things I need to do. Please do not stoke the fires of this Chaos. It's the last damned thing I need right now."

The guards would be walking outside at that, one a wide build man who was approaching what seemed to be a four seater vehicle that had a similar design to the bike, but seemed far more tame. It began to hover once he got inside, and made a gentle whirring noise as he approached Glenn and caused a door to open. "So pal, if that white haired chick is going where you're going, you must be in the C-district. Be careful with that dame my friend, heard she's a wily one. Never hurt nobody, she just likes to cause trouble."

Last edited:
OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Glenn released a groan when Isabel mentioned whose the previous owner of his current room, and of course the fact there were no nearby rooms available either. "A falling out... let me guess. She wanted to bring her bike up to her room and when you said no she just snuck it in anyway." It was ridiculous thought but knowing her it sounded exactly like something she might do. He was half surprised that Jill didn't make any commotion when Shiva entered his room, pondering if the golem was even there at all. He couldn't see what Isabel did so he could only guess she was still there waiting for him to return. "Is Jill at my quarters still... or Sona by any chance?" He added, curious to see if the mimic had returned there or if she was still wandering about coping with what he had told her.

"Aurine is... well she's been quite... aggressive before. And I'd much rather her not get the idea to do so again. I fear if I'm alone with her unrestrained she might just take the chance to try her luck. She's a bit unstable like that I think." He twisted his lips, considering what Isabel said about compromises. "Maybe you're right... maybe it'd be fine with just Guards and a panic button. And some golems too. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm acting crazy but I've got a lot on my mind now. I mean, it's not everyday you run into someone as powerful as this Anubis character right? And maybe... maybe I still have some of that cockatrice's hormones warming my blood or something... I don't know. It does feel pretty hot outside right now..." He trailed off, a few beads of sweat raising themselves against his brow.

At the guards comments Glenn replied in turn. "You don't know the half of it." He began, climbing into the four seated vehicle. Taking a backseat as he figured the other guard would want to ride shotgun. "Shes already driving me up the walls. Figuratively and Literally. Is the C-district where my dormitory is? If so there's been a small change in plans. I need to go to where an associate of mine is being held. She's at some private room... not sure if it's near a detention block or not. Isabel didn't really say." The man prayed for the best when he dealt with Aurine, but given his past experience with the sea bishop holding his breath on that might be more prudent.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"... I suppose that's not outlandish, but no. What another Magi does with their golem is their own business. Shiva thought to make it her business, and assault another Magi on the grounds that she didn't agree with their treatment practices. She's not someone who likes rules." Queen said flatly. "I don't know where your mimic is, if that's what you're asking. I have no footage inside your room, so I wouldn't know who is in there currently, and I'd have to look at the logs otherwise."

The guard replied in kind. "I have to go home and see if my own personal golem is handling things at home. She's new and inexperienced, and I worry it might be driving my wife crazy. So this stop is your only stop. Sorry pal." he said in apology, before driving to Queen's building with the landing pad and dropping Glenn off at the front door. Inside those doors was a familiar face with blue hair. Wasn't even that long ago that they met. If Glenn introduced himself to the golem he met before, in all her glory, she'd state the room and location he was looking for. "The mermaid, right? She asked me about you, oddly enough. She seems like a very bright and cheerful person. Sona came by too, but she didn't look anywhere near as cheerful." the golem claimed.

Down the hallway, not that far, a set of double doors awaited Glenn. Closed and with two guards and one golem stationed there, awaiting the one called Glenn, though obviously not identifying him by sight until he chose to greet them.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

The man was delighted to see Moei once more, if it was the actual Model A that Queen had conducted his test with, and a smile tugged on his lips as he approached her. "Well hello there Moei. Fancy running into you here!" He began, though when she spoke of Aurine being bright and cheerful his mood turned sour, suspicion turning his smile into a twist of a frown. "Seems is the understatement here. She was probably just being polite." Sona's recent appearance left the man concerned as for the mimic's well being. She'd come around he hoped, but that slump was going to stick with her for quite a while. He shook his head. If only she had shown a little restraint about his request...

Glenn approached the holding room as he imagined it, being that there was only one currently under guard in the hallway. Greeting the guards briefly, and retrieving whatever panic device Isabel had been instructed to give him. It would be some kind of remote button he'd imagine, and he would conceal it by holding it hidden in one hand hung loosely at his side. With full preparation to use it the moment Aurine showed her true colors to him. He didn't want a repeat of what had occurred in Waymeet only a week or so ago. He was lucky enough to get out of that whole mess as safely as he did. "If I don't return from this room in twenty or thirty minutes, assume the worst." He instructed the guards before he swallowed what feeling of fear that was building in him from anticipation and stepped inside. The sound of the doors opening and then shutting behind him loud in his own ears.

If the room was like the others of Isabel's design he imagined it would either be very cold and clean with basic furnishings. A table with a few chairs probably and little else. Whatever the case, upon seeing Aurine he felt that fear of his swell in his heart, more sweat begining to bead up on his face. He said nothing at first, just keeping an eye on the sea bishop and watching her movements. "Hello there Aurine. It's been awhile hasn't it?" He said rather flatly with an almost dismissively before quickly stating. And if she made to approach him during this time he would chatter quickly several sounds of protest while holding his free hand up to her as a sign to stop. Which if she didn't regard he would then immediately begin pressing that panic button when she went to restrain him.

If things went more smoothly he would pace in the room, keeping his eye on her as he rested his face in his free hand held up at the elbow by the other one holding the panic button on the flatside up. Eventually he would stop, but not before letting her endure him simply doing that and nothing else. "I want to know some things Aurine. Things you just happen to know about and have known about from the very beginning. I want to know... when it was you took my shard from me. And I want to know why. Why did you do it? Why did you think it was a good idea to take something like this from me and not say a word about it?" He questioned her, anger rising in his voice as the words left him. "Why all this secrecy? What were you planning..."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Moei blinked at his words. "Is that... so." she said hesitantly. It was clear she didn't have the same impression he did.

Going to the guards, who had said panic device, it was just a square device with a red button on it. Nothing more complicated than that. Speaking to the guards, two of them apparently were the ones who brought her here. "The way she came along, she was apparently really pissed at you. Hope you're not here to fight, hate to hurt somebody." said a Magi armored girl, her body suit of armor and helmet made her hard to distinguish from anyone else other than a man.

Glenn's prediction of the room was fairly accurate, almost to the T, sans the obvious two-way mirror in place. Though the sight of Aurine he expected to see was not one he saw. Instead, she looked to have had a . When he came in and began to speak, she was standing facing the mirror, as if staring at those she couldn't see behind it. Or perhaps she could. At first, all Glenn could see was her back. But the mirrored Aurine he could see was very clearly staring daggers at him. Couple the stare with the grin that she wore, and her new outfit of choice, it was as if Aurine wasn't hiding too much of her character anymore.

When he began to pace and do nothing, as if to have some kind of mental affect, Aurine turned herself to face him slightly. "You seem to be confused." she immediately began. "If I wanted to do anything your posture seems to suggest I'd want to do, I'd have found you, blown open the hole you were hiding in, and taken you by force. So drop the act, before this negotiation attempt goes south." she said, as if showing him that his attempt at putting on pressure to someone like her was utterly useless. "If you even thought for a second that you had slipped away from me, you were sadly mistaken. I know what's happened, I know what you have said. I know the allies you made, and I know how you immediately lost them, mind one who's just using you at this point. It was cute, really, how that Shiva girl actually threatened me to protect you, and you tossed her just like Sona." she declared. Then, she grinned at him. "Surprised? I bet you might've checked to see if I tapped you. Nope, I talked with Sona, and I agreed to let her love you if she fed me information. She could have her happy little love with Glenn without worrying about me hurting either of you. It was a good call on my part, considering how you... Decided to treat me. Don't you think?" she inquired. "Her eyes and ears told me everything, while I was at Waymeet. I could comfortably watch you create your new sex toy and ensure no harm came to you. Course I don't know what happened after Sona left, but... I learned enough when Sona left, and met with Shiva. Since you might be wondering where they are right now, they found each other and are in Shiva's little slum shack. And let me tell you... They're even more mad at you than I am. And that's impressive." she chuckled.

About the shard, her grin faded and she turned back to the mirror. "The first one to do something wrong here was you. So don't look at me with those eyes of accusation. To me, you just look like a spoiled brat who wants power and has no idea of the responsibility behind owning it. When you crash landed, and destroyed my home, I immediately knew that someone like you, just wandering around like a fool, would be targeted by countless wildlife attracted to your Chosen Soul. Even the residue seemed enough to bring them to you. So when we had sex, I took it, so at the very least, if a creature akin to Baphomet grabbed you, they wouldn't have your fragment. It wasn't by my own wishes that I took it, and perhaps that surprises you because of course it will. You haven't a faintest idea of the powers at work behind the walls your eyes cannot see through, so you make the foolish assumption that what you can see is all that exists." she said, before turning to him, arms folded.

"Cynthia told me to wait for the arrival of a chosen at the shore, and to build a house there. Probably knew it'd get destroyed too I bet. And when the chosen arrived, 'Take his shard' she said. And protect it. Then, like the others, bring him to me." she declared. "I wouldn't even have taken it. Your soul produces more energy when it has a shard in it. I could simply drain you and effectively still own the power of the shard. It would have been a win win, but she insisted I take it, so I did. So, to answer your question? She's the one with the secrets, not me." she declared. Then, her grin deepened. "And if you think I'm going to let you take it and then dismiss me, you're out of your mind. I know what happens once you get this shard back. I can see it in your eyes that you detest me. It will take time to make you look at me with the same eyes you did when we met, but I'm willing to be patient. After all, I'm overflowing with Love, and Love can overcome any obstacle. Though I will warn you... If you try to force the issue..."

Her eyes glowed red. "All the resulting blood will be on your hands. So be nice, Glenn, and I will too~"

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

That Aurine had taken to another form of appearance did little to vanquish the anxiety Glenn felt from being near her. Far from it in fact, her recognizable gaze along with her new look only served to distance her in the man's mind. As if the previous form had just been a lie, much like the feigned bouts and smiles he regularly put up but darker. She was all the more intimidating because of it... a familiar stranger. The revelation that she knew about everything that had happened, and the big reasons for it, sent the man for a loop and left him cursing internally. Cursing at Sona's actions and not having Shiva here in retrospect. The merc girl had offered to protect him from Aurine after all, albeit with a condition attached. Thinking of the girl for a moment he felt a small sense of shame well up on him over the thoughts and how things had been going between them.

Sona being coerced into spying on him only inspired more detest at Aurine. And that she had literally being watching and hearing him like some kind of voyeur through the mimic's eyes and ears was further unsettling. It made him surprised too she wasn't more angry given how the nights had gone between him and the mimic girl. It was good to know they were safe down at Shiva's home even if they were understandably angry. Well, for one of them at least; he couldn't fathom why Sona might be mad other than at what happened in the VIP room... which was her own fault. For once he was glad Sona wasn't around though. He didn't even want to think about what Sona might do then...

"A part of me hoped that some time away might have tempered you somewhat. I guess I was a fool." Glenn sighed, rubbing his face with his hands after Aurine had said her piece. "You know what you're absolutely right. I don't know what it really means to have this shard. What I can use it's power for, or what it can actually do for me or what it really means to wield such a thing. I have no major knowledge or references for any of that. But YOU do..." He agreed and then pointed towards her, his tone softening and relaxing. "You might think that you've been helping me Aurine but in fact you're done nothing but harm me from the very beginning. To stunt my growth and knowledge. From the moment we met and sat in the sands together you knew of this power, knew of this thing I didn't even know I had, and what it might mean for me in the future. And you said nothing. Instead of guiding me along and helping me to understand you kept silent and dismissive. Electing to take this thing from me and keep it a big secret, to manipulate me and everyone around us to ensure it was. And for what? All in pursuit of being together with me? To protect me?"

The man shook his head, a dour feeling overtaking him then. "The saddest thing is that if you really wanted to be with me and protect me... you didn't need to do any of that. You know I wanted you to come with me Aurine, when we first met. I was... for lack of a better term... a fish out of water on a strange island. I really didn't want to face any of the dangers alone, but you were insistent on seeing me off by myself. If you had just guided me then, been by my side and helped me learn everything I could about this island and this power of mine things could have been very different. And I'm sure we both would have been better and stronger for it. I would have liked that." He paced a moment or two, for her response before continuing. "I liked that fantasy more than whichever one you're trying to cook up."

He released another sigh before looking Aurine up and down. "I don't know what will happen when I get that shard. It frightens me a little and it will probably be bad... but that's alright. I've seen worse, and I'll face it when it comes, with or without you. That part is really more up to you now. I can't force you to be different, even if you say you wouldn't afford me the same, but if you ever want to see me look at you like I did back on the sands you're going to have to be better to truly prove it. And the very first thing you have to do to for that, is surrender the shard. Not tomorrow, not a month or year from now. Immediately, willingly, and without incident. If you can do that, if you can show me you're at least willing to start... then we'll see where things go from there." He offered, still completely doubting Aurine's ability to ever change or be better. 'I'm pretty sure the sea bishop I met on the sands is truly dead. But it would be nice to see a glimpse again, if only a moment...' He thought briefly, not wanting to further his thoughts on how he might have to still handle her later if she messed up and he had to kick her to the curb.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hearing him entirely, Aurine's grin faded, her eyes were glowing, as if Glenn had made it clear how this would end, and the mermaid was ready for it. "You're wrong, Glenn. You haven't experienced me." she said in retort to him claiming he'd seen worse. Then, her eyes softened at his offer. "I would accept, I truly would. I'm foolish enough to be bribed by such an obvious sociopathic lie. I can tell by the way you treat others that you don't plan on loving me. You have your set ways and ideas on how things are going to go, I've seen people better than me try and fail to get love from you. All the same, I would still accept, because I do love you. And I want to be loved by you. I will kill anyone who tries to stop me from loving you. Even if I have to destroy your body, and use your soul to remake you, and try again with a fresh slate." she declared. "But... The one who gave me this opportunity does not wish for me to hand it over. I will protect the shard and hold you close. I can give the power of the shard to you, but not the shard itself. That's as close as I can come. If that's not good enough, then push that button..." He began to see an aura glow about her, a highly threatening one.

"If you fight me as well, I promise to inflict as little pain as possible. But don't think for a second that you can kill me that easily."

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

"Of course I don't plan on loving someone... you can't just plan on loving someone, it just... happens. Usually it comes about from being a part of another's life if they're willing to share it with you. All the ups and downs... But it's never a sure thing... and you really shouldn't count on it being so, or them reciprocating. No one has to love you... you know." He replied, his lips twisting into disappointment when she refused to simply hand over his shard. She was going to make this far more difficult it seemed. "You're not really starting off on the right foot Aurine. Especially with that talk of remaking my soul. I rather like it how it is." He paused before pulling at his chin in thought. "And if that shard is as powerful as people make it out to be I'd rather like my soul with that thing returned. I might actually be able to tinker with things without becoming exhausted, and even be able to improve my general weaving too..."

Throwing his hands up he let out a sigh. "Alright... I'll bite. What do I have to do to get you to turn over that shard? And before you ask... no. I'm not going to marry you for it." Then he crunched his eyes and twisted his lips once more. "Are you really not going to relent on it unless Cynthia gives you approval to do so? Because if that's the case then I guess we're just gonna have to give her a visit soon." He replied, with a feeling of wanting to give the crow tengu a piece of his mind. Now that he had a viable airship it probably wouldn't even take that long at all to return to Waymeet and her tower. "Just as well... there are a few things I need to get from Waymeet anyhow. Books, new clothes... and my broken equipment that's stored there. I might even be able to get my photon gun repaired though I can't... for the life of me... remember how... I broke it..." He questioned, as a mild ache came over him causing him to rub his temples in sudden pain.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aurine shook her head. "You seem a bit too rational to understand love, Glenn. So you'd best leave it to the expert." she chuckled. "Like I said, I'd return it and just take the power from you when we make love, it's no difference really, same as me giving you the power from my soul. But Cynthia had a plan, and if I want my lovey dovey afterlife with Glenn in Fate's bosom then I have to be a good girl." she declared. "So you see? Even in death, we will meet each other~" she cooed.

"You don't need power to learn how to weave. Cynthia is proof of that. That's like claiming you need a large blade to learn how to sword fight. I'm afraid not." she announced. "As for Cynthia... I do not know what she will say... Wait..." something dawned on her, as she looked to Glenn with a bit of shock. "Are you... Accepting me?" she inquired with an unusual tone, a bit of a blush graced her cheeks and she adopted an almost creepy but mostly shy smile. "I could have sworn I'd have to kill everyone in this building, with the way you were having them treat me. This seems like a change of heart on your part."

Last edited:
OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

"As long as you don't start stabbing people or shoving bacon in my face then... yes..." Glenn managed to choke out at Aurine's inquiry, before quicking adding, "But understand what I said doesn't entirely start just yet. Just the baby steps to it. Which will start when we go get Sona and Shiva. And yes, we're going to get them. In case you haven't heard there is a rather... royal guest currently knocking on the Magi's door who is very insistant on meeting with me again. And despite how the girl has rubbed me recently I'm not about to just... sacrifice her like what Izzy want's me to do. If Shiva and I go meet with Anubis tomorrow I can only expect the worst. Tell me... is there a thing with birds being the cause of mischief on this island... because it's starting to feel like it..." He exclaimed jokingly, smoothing his clothing out slightly in a fidget.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Perhaps he would freak out and start pressing the button, but the word yes seemed to have ways with Aurine, mostly ways in the sea bishop rushing him and glomping him in such a way that she was actually lifting him in a bear hug while squealing and squeezing him. "Eeee~ You said yes!" she cheered, before letting him down, likely due to whatever complaints he might have. "You can do whatever you want. Luckily it seems like that Shiva girl has no interest in you now, so I'm completely fine with it." she said, but on the note of birds. "... Yes, avians are generally hated by many species, usually for good reasons."

Last edited: