Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dungeons the Dragoning OOC thread

Questions, comments, etc. go here.

Since scheduling will be tricky, Sundays at 1900 GMT seems the best bet and that's when we're going to play, at least for now. We may or may not start this week(depending on if everyone has their characters ready and I have enough time to poke at them), but I'll be hanging out in the IRC channel around that time anyway.
    "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

Just a little teaser: http://pastebin.com/vGndFrvY

For truly it is written, RTFM.

Re: Dungeons the Dragoning OOC thread

I;m mostly done. I think it's just gear and backstory.

Comment

I have a question regarding Inheritance background. Do all items taken with a single dot in it have to be of the same quality?
      You have the right to remain stupid, everything that you say can and will be ignored.

Comment

For Inheritance 1, that would seem to be the case. I would say that it does not hod true for higher ranks, however - so for Inheritance 2, you could have one uncommon and two common items.
        "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

Comment

I see. I'll need to consider my backgrounds and equipment, then. I might end up having little time for this until sunday evening, but I'll try.
          You have the right to remain stupid, everything that you say can and will be ignored.

Comment

I can't make a session tommorow if we're planning to have one (got an archery tournament) but after that I'll be making sundays.
            Sliiiiiiiiimes
            Mythweavers Charactersheet
            Orcpub version, includes picture

Comment

By the way, do brawling and natural weapons count as unarmed for the purpose of feats?
              Last edited by cross_grave; 29th January 2017, 20:19.

Comment

Hey folks. The window has closed for this, group's big enough, etc, right?
                Khioma, a Tiefling Daemonhost Space-pirate in a Dungeons: the Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition campaign no one has named yet
                Kethanua Dolohemion, CN Drow Warlock in Revenge of the Unchained

Comment

I have question how will the game play out?
                  Awoooo

Comment

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                    Hey folks. The window has closed for this, group's big enough, etc, right?
                    There are currently four players, so I'm comfortable taking one more, as long as you can finish your character sheet in time for me to read it by next Sunday.

Originally posted by Silentwolf View Post
                    We'll be using IRC, so text-only for both IC and OOC, if that's what you're asking.
                    Last edited by Hentaispider; 30th January 2017, 17:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Hentaispider View Post
                      There are currently four players, so I'm comfortable taking one more, as long as you can finish your character sheet in time for me to read it by next Sunday.
                      Oh bless you. I actually discovered this forum searching for DtD games, so I'll get right on that. I have a few questions to make sure I fit the developing theme, though.
                      • How smutty is this game expected to be? Let's say the scale runs from facebook to paheal.
                      • Someone mentioned not!Starship Troopers. Is that on? I'd hate to try a thri'kreen in a game about splattering bugs.
                      • Are there any restrictions on character design that might not be obvious? Any combinations of mechanics and/or tones you're averse to?
                      Khioma, a Tiefling Daemonhost Space-pirate in a Dungeons: the Dragoning 40,000 7th Edition campaign no one has named yet

Comment

Originally posted by Silentwolf View Post
                        Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                        Oh bless you. I actually discovered this forum searching for DtD games, so I'll get right on that. I have a few questions to make sure I fit the developing theme, though.
                        • How smutty is this game expected to be? Let's say the scale runs from facebook to paheal.
                        • Someone mentioned not!Starship Troopers. Is that on? I'd hate to try a thri'kreen in a game about splattering bugs.
                        • Are there any restrictions on character design that might not be obvious? Any combinations of mechanics and/or tones you're averse to?
                        • Things might get moderately lewd in places. I'm open to there being some smut, but it's not going to be the focus of the game and based on past experiences, it won't crop up all that often.
                        • I have some ideas, but it all depends on what the party composition ends up being. So if someone actually plays a thri'kreen, it almost certainly WON'T end up being a game about squishing bugs.
                        • It's all wide-open, though as I said, the party looks to be chaos/neutral aligned, so something that plays well with those would definitely be appreciated.

Comment

All good. Thank you for being so quick to answer. Leaning heavily toward some kind of daemonhost sky-pirate, then. I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks/wants/is doing before I screw anything down tight, though.

Comment

I'm thinking of running with a Bahamut aligned character, actually, so the party may not be as clear cut as before.

Comment

Originally posted by cross_grave View Post
                              I'm thinking of running with a Bahamut aligned character, actually, so the party may not be as clear cut as before.
                              If you think you can make the party dynamics work, fine, but there's already a khornate in the party, so...

Comment

Working...
                              X