What's new

OOC thread

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: OOC thread

Well you did have some experience with that already, it did lead to Eliza's first frenzy after all.

I should add that all the disciplines are like that each having their various drawbacks or curses. If anyone wants to know more about their personal disciplines I can always provide more juicy details on the disciplines I didn't cover. Since there is a lot I didn't write down, each power usually has 3-4 paragraphs, which I've tried to condense as best I can. I'm not perfect so there are probably things I missed.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually ronny, why would a lightning strike or a gunshot turn off an undead and God-cursed vampire's senses anymore than a 24 hour weightlifting session wouldn't grind down their connective joint tissues to mush?

Having GM'd vtm before, I've always ruled that Auspex is auto on, and it doesn't have the drawbacks you mentioned for the same reasons you mentioned about the undead body being able to outlast human frailty.

Also, a vampire, just like a human with great strength, can control how gentle they touch someone.

So while I understand where you're coming from, I disagree. I don't think I should have to say - okay, Vezina is switching on her heightened senses now. She should either have excellent senses from her power, or she doesn't have the power at all.

----

To avoid a double post - if you think that Vezina requires a Willpower point to stand up to Jourdain with his claw around her throat, then I'll spend it. But whatever lesson he thought the was trying to teach has been lost in translation. In the immortal words of the Black Eyed Peas: Dude wanna hate on us? Dude better ease on up.

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

A vampire would recover from the deafness or blindness far quicker than a normal human would and yes a vampire with potence can control it but it requires effort.

Still I understand your point, but I prefer if you turn it on if you want to use it.

Nope no willpower is required unless you intended this to be a contest of will, basically a staring contest. I'm assuming you didn't intend to have such a contest though since she's trying not to look in his eyes.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Consider Vezina to have her heightened senses on by default, and if things get loud she'll try to tune it down to manageable levels. Certainly in all quiet moments she'll have it on.

And no, this wasn't going to be a staring contest with Vezina and Jourdain.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Fine, Heightened Senses are always on. I will roll once every scene for everyone's senses, even if there is nothing to be heard and put it spoilers at the bottom of my posts. I'll be updating the information threads to reflect any changes so if I forget someone remind me.

I need everyone to check their background/prologue based character sheets out since I'm going to be rolling for everything now. Just tell what changes, if any, you want to make and we'll finagle it out together.

Anabelle -
Eliza -
Jocelyn -
Vezina -

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Eh, only things I noticed were off were the languages section. I updated it on my character sheet here on ULMF that it read English, Gaelic, and Pictish rather than Scottish...

Cause I felt like a nerd.

And the guy Anabelle was feeding on... well she wasn't going to drain him dry, but having a sword in his gut will more than likely kill him.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh yeah, I don't think I ever did update the languages on those sheets. I'll have to remember to do that later, and he was most likely going to die but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's okay, I did it for ye :p Hope that doesn't count as going beyond my abilities as a player.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well I did sort of jump to conclusions, since I updated my sheet with what I figured would happen. It's a lot easier to change dots on a sheet than it is to change a post though.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed it is. But it's of no real concern in the long run.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Since there is an hour's time gap between V and the others, how do you wish me to post?

EDIT: nevermind, I just winged it. Hope it works. Can retcon if necessary.

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

So it turns out I can't add or subtract to save my life. Everyone has exactly 5 unused points, to spend however they want. Just let me know where and I'll update the sheet when I get back Monday or Tuesday. Also don't expect a post till then either as I don't have much time right now.

1 attribute (strength, charisma, etc.) is worth 5 pts.
1 virtue (conscience, courage, etc.) is worth 2 pts.
1 willpower, road rating is worth 1 pt.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

hmm... must think on this. I still had 3 from before... or is this the total I have?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

All right I took longer to get back then I thought I would, I'll post as soon as I've had some sleep.

These are 5 points that I somehow missed when making the character sheets, actually it's 3 points I missed and the 2 points that I dropped from everyone's knowledge ability since I'm not rolling for those abilities. You'll still have your 3 experience and 1 background after spending these.

This is just a suggestion, but I would personally take the 1 attribute point and put in one of your weaker areas. Up to you though.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Welcome back Ronny! One attribute point for manipulation please.

Oh and sweet dreams.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

how much do abilities cost, as opposed to attributes?

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At start, 5 points each for the more general attributes (strength, charisma, wits, etc..) and 3 points each for the more specific talents/skills/knowledges. That's during char gen.

After start up it gets more expensive.

In other news, firefox no longer works on my computer. Neither does IE. Fortunately I remembered I had Chrome and it seems to work. So yay, I don't have to reinstall my OS... yet.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well. With my five points I wouldn't mind me some Perception. It's one of my lower ones.

As for the three experience, can I shove that into Fortitude?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Blegh, I slept too long but that happens when it takes most of 2 days to drive someplace and back and you don't get much sleep while you're there. It was a nice wedding though so at least it wasn't all for nothing.

Eliza manipulation check, Anabelle perception and fortitude check, already took care of Vezina check.

Attribute point costs 5
Ability and Virtue points cost 2
Background and Willpower points cost 1

And good luck, Blue. If you have to randomly disappear for a short time I'll think of something.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey Ronny, would Eliza be able to tell if the blood in the glass came from another cainite? And would that create a bond if she drank it?