What's new

OOC thread

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score
Re: OOC thread

Mmmm, I find it kind of :\ that 2 of my 3 are simple ranks rather than fancy descriptions, but eh, they have their uses. I'm glad I only have enough to pick one to upgrade, as my first choice is definitely going to be presence.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

It costs 4 XP for level 1 out of clan and a small amount of time role playing the learning process from someone who knows said discipline. At least for the basic disciplines.

I could put the different descriptions they use in the LARP book for the physical disciplines, though it really boils down to the same thing as what I have. I really need to update those threads too.

If you're really curious and I haven't put a certain level up yet ,it isn't that difficult to find a revised edition PDF online, though. It does tend to explain things in fuller detail than I do.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

im not sure about the tabletop versions, but i could upload the basic LARP book, if people are interested.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

yeah that might help me get my head around this stuff, as I'm a non LARPer

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I do have the tabletop PDF should anyone need it, though I prefer to do such things through PM.

I'm also using some stuff from the new V20 book but I only have hardcover there, so you'll just have to trust me in that regard.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

In a LARP my sister died because ome idiot clanmate though artistic differences were a good enough reason between Toreadors x.x.... the only death the entire day (not counting the result of the blood hunt on her killer). I'd be interested to see the differednces

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The only real difference between the LARP and Tabletop rules is how you decide outcomes. One you play rock, paper, scissors and the other you roll dice. LARP rules are a little simpler to follow for obvious reasons but otherwise they're the same.

I suppose it's as good a reason as any for 2 Toreadors to not get along, though the typical clan division is between poseurs and artistes. Those embraced because they were pretty and those embraced because they were actually talented.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Heh, well ironically, my sister actually is an artist (and sort of a jack of all trades artist at that), whereas the other guy seemed a bit clueless about the whole thing, so there might have actually been some of that too.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds more like he might have just been an idiot in general. I'm not the most knowledgeable though, I know the LARP rules though I've never actually LARP'ed. Unless you count cowboys and indians, and cops and robbers when I was little that is.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*ponders*

Should Eliza have 3/4 WP instead of 4/4? She used one to resist Isleena.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I guess she should. That's what happens when I separate people without starting a new night.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Heh, okay I just wanted to be sure. *glomps Eliza.*

So does this mean she can conjure shadow tentacles now? (lol I imagined saying that like the shoggoth on the roof song). TENTACLES!

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, she can now use the Arms of Ahriman now, though I'm almost frightened at imagining what you plan to do with shadow tentacles. Probably because I remember the perverted thoughts that first ran through my head when I played my first Lasombra.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Of course not. Just like Jourdain isn't a judgmental prick and Genevieve isn't a devious succubus. The Lasombra are all just really misunderstood.

EDIT: Sorry for the delay but I was hit by spring fever and simply had to go camping and riding. I'll get back to posting before the day is out.

EDIT 2: Just so everyone knows, I've finished updating everything but the disciplines thread. So for those of you who still have experience to spend and such you should have enough information for now. Or if you have any questions on anything.

I also have the dumb lately so if my posts seem bleh, that's why.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

No complaints of the dumb from me! Thanks for the info updates. :)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well hopefully I'll be able to just keep it at the derpy level and not slip into the full dumb.

Also make sure you let me know if you want to earn certain things of the background sort so that they can be arranged eventually. Blue's really the only one who's done that so far.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

could be Eliza's theme song along with Devil in a Gucci Dress. Disregard the Nagaraja reference though. :p

And before anyone asks, yes I could picture Eliza laughing like that. ;)

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I could picture her laughing like that alright. That's got to be one of the more interesting band names I've ever seen before as well. It also provided me with a perfect alias to use on your invitation as well so laugh away.