What's new

OOC thread

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: OOC thread

I haven't seen it but I'll take your word for it. Still not sure how cool or sexy a turtle eye would be though.

If Anabelle can't read, it's up to Sinful if she can or can't, Vezina can always read it for her.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm going to go with vaguely. This is the dark ages, and she was just a soldier, and had spent 11 years living by her lonesome. So probably not the best reader around.

And yeah... going to pass on turtle eyes.

*Edit* she can read/speak Gaelic and Pictish though, as those were common in her area in the time period. I'll put that in her character sheet.

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well yeah I doubt if most nobles, much less commoners like Anabelle, could read and write if we're going strictly with the times. Still it's more fantasy than perfectly realistic so I left it up to you.

Also I found a few old maps of London we can use or just to look at if you want. They aren't perfect but well they were made in the dark ages.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/album.php?albumid=698

How about a turtle shell? Not only would it protect you but you could probably beat your opponents silly while they were busy laughing.

EDIT: I have you as being able to speak Scottish as her first language and English which she picked up on the crusades most likely. Scottish would include any of the many Gaelic and Pictish dialects, since I didn't feel like being too nitpicky. Seeing as it's her first language it would make the most sense to be able to read that better.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Would Vezina be able to call the goshawk back to her with Animalism despite Annabelle's simple dismissal of it?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah you can call it back or I should say you can try to call it back. Though I was planning on having it lead you on to the bridge since Jourdain knows you don't know the city that well.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

EDIT: I have you as being able to speak Scottish as her first language and English which she picked up on the crusades most likely. Scottish would include any of the many Gaelic and Pictish dialects, since I didn't feel like being too nitpicky. Seeing as it's her first language it would make the most sense to be able to read that better.
Went doing some digging, and the area I have her coming from would have been speaking Gaelic and Pictish... rather than the Norse further north.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah the highlands would be a mix of Pictish and Gaelic, the lowlands a mix of Gaelic and English, the islands mostly Norwegian with some Gaelic and Pictish. Not to mention you have various dialects depending on where you're from in those regions. So basically you'll understand most of the others from Scotland it just might take a while depending on where they're from.

I actually find it kind of funny that the kings of England at the time period don't even understand or speak English, they speak Norman French. Of course they aren't the last kings to not know English, I'm pretty sure George I and II only spoke German.

And why are you swearing at that poor bird, or are you just swearing in general.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just swearing in general.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vezina wouldn't have been showing her dagger, Sin. I didn't describe it, but it would have been kept in the folds of her cloak. *shrug*

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

More commenting on the holding the hand near it... but my mistake. Sorry.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, finally starting to get back into the swing of things, gonna introduce into the main chapter within a day or two hopefully. Did I miss anything, are people still in the tavern?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't think you've missed anything that important other than the seneschal going missing. Anabelle and Vezina are still staying at or near the inn for now so it works as a place to head for, it is conveniently located between two of the city gates. If I have to though I can easily think of a way to get you to where the other two are.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alrighty, should I wait till you put me in, or just wander in whenever I find the time?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

You can wander in whenever you want. If you enter the Southwark Gate you'll be in the same area as Anabelle and Vezina right now. Then I can just arrange for the two of you to cross paths after you wander in.

I've also been updating the background information, rules, and what not lately so if anyone has questions about any of it, please ask. Seriously please ask, I have no life and get bored easily so it gives me something to do.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was just thinking. Does Adria have a small blood bond to Eliza now since she drank from Eliza?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Yes, that's why she was avoiding being around you while you were in torpor and the reason Jourdain has been taking care of you during that time. A blood bond will fade over time especially if contact is kept to a minimum. Since you have both avoided each other for two weeks the bond between you has lessened somewhat though it is still present just not as strong.

EDIT:Muahaha, you know it can be dangerous to give storytellers ideas like paranoia and being almost assassinated by hunters. Granted I may have planted the seeds that gave you those ideas inadvertently, but now I've got all kinds of new ideas for dirty evil things I can do to you.

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Dear god I did it again. Sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you. I've been inadvertently flirting with girls all week and it's starting to weird me out.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Naw no worries Ronny. Ya can't really be creepy with that cow avatar on each post.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I guess Cowthulhu would help to make anything I say seem less serious and creepy. Until he devours your mind and drives you insane that is.

I'm still a little weirded out since I've been doing it in real life, and I'm really not the flirty type. Maybe I just have a weird case of spring fever.