Risky Business (Marie)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Risky Business (Marie)

This was quite the odd sight. Nothing was overtly wrong, of course, but it was not often one such as Robert would be in such a position as this. Not that Marie would complain, and she wasn't the sort to get bent out of shape over what others did for fun, but anyone who even poached close to a bard's job got a lot of strange looks from others. With how much attention the small grouping was giving him Marie wondered if this was how Robert enthralled a meal, and if so there were certainly ways more sloppy, so she could approve. She saw no reason to interrupt. There was time to wait her turn, and business folk such as this were particularly sensitive to being disrupted, in her experience. Plus, it would not due well to ingrate herself upon one who's audience she sought. Thankfully, Robert seemed like the sort to appreciate good manners. With a smile she would stand to the side, or take a distant chair if one was available, until he had time for her.

Comment

Marie found a chair back in the corner of the common room away from the fire, seating herself as she continued to listen to Robert's song. No one seemed to pay her the least bit of mind as they seemed far to distracted by the music, which Marie had to admit was enthralling. She had certainly heard a number of minstrels in her time and she had to admit that Robert was by far the best she had ever heard.

As the soothing song drew to a close the serving girls practically threw themselves at the handsome vampire whose council Marie currently sought. Robert seeming to be a gentleman simply took the girls hands in turn and gently bowed to kiss them with a smile. Though Marie did notice that he seemed to spend a few seconds longer than necessary with his lips to their hands. The smile of ecstasy on their faces as they returned to their duties told Marie that Robert was at least very skilled when it came to feeding.

After a few more seconds he wandered over to where Marie sat a sly smirk on his handsome face as slid into the chair opposite of her. "Ah milady, I heard of your unfortunate travel problems. I do hope they won't cause to many problems, not that I mind spending more time with a beauty such as yours."

Comment

Marie had been mulling about what she was going to say, but Robert threw her off with his skilled flattery. She could not help but smile at his charm. "Ah, indeed! I do hope I did not interrupt anything. That was quite the performance!" The complement was true, and came naturally. She had to remember there was more to her visit to keep herself on task, however.

"There is no problem from my troubles... but since I will be here awhile, I wondered if perhaps there were some things I could help you with. I must say, that display in the market, most concerning..." Marie oddly felt her story came naturally, especially with a burst of inspiration. No doubt one who flattered so much also enjoyed receiving in kind. Framing it this way was a good way to keep the illusion of everyone in their places.

Comment

Working...
        X