What's new

Maiko's Game - Out of Character and General Chat

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Maiko's Game - Out of Character and General Chat

Alright, need to get something out here. My situation isn't really great right now. I think that, until it improves, I might put this game on hold. Might as well finish of the fight tomorrow, but after that, going to have to put this one on ice.

A little explanation as to why: When I started the game, I was working at a job I really liked. However it was a term position and ended. Now I've been struggling so much that I just can't deal with this at the moment. Hopefully things improve, but right now, it's hard for me to see that.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You can always work as my personal maid/butler and shoulder massager.

Minimum wage but I do provide free soda and pizza.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Server's Up.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

And with that, the game goes on an indefinite hiatus. I have no idea currently when I'll be able to pick it up again, but I'll post any news about it here.

One thing I would like is some feedback on the game. The story/plot as you saw it, general gameplay, and as well as my GMing, anything else you can think of. I'd like to make any improvements I can, not just for the eventuality of running this game again, but for any RPs I do in the future.

Only things I can't really do anything about are dice rolls and inter-group dynamics. On the former subject though, I will be trying to come up with a luck point system for future D&D/pathfinder games to try to even out those wild rolls.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I thought the plot was interesting. It really sucks that we hardly learned anything before misfortune reared it's ugly head into your life, and even if it's a long time before you pick the game up again, I'm sure everyone will want to pick it back up again.

I can't say anything about the gameplay, because it was ruled by the dice who did not take well to us. Caused me a bit of frustration at the end as well, among other things, but that's the dice being evil. Other than that, fighting mutant muffins was amusing, and the dynamics you added to allow for clever use of our spells and skills was rather satisfying. Made my bard more successful than I thought he'd be, despite the dice.

Your GM'ing overall was very good. I'd definitely be happy to be allowed to play under you again if you'd let me. Only thing you need fix is your map making :p. But I understand why that was, because of your time constraints.

EDIT But, as for this game, I'm likely going to drop out. By no fault of your own. In general I regret most of my decisions, because of the ostracism and general dislike towards my character, on top of the lack of togetherness we had as a team. I am highly discouraged to play Nyktan further, and I highly doubt anyone will miss him.

Last edited: