Lorelai (Zilrax)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Lorelai (Zilrax)

((Haha I actually didn't expect you to try that. I've no system in place for that here, but I may have to include this later on down the line.))

Lorelai felt like it was working for a moment, she could actually see and touch the spirit lines into Blood Raven's body. Then, suddenly a darker set of lines appeared, ones that pulsed with energy. As she tried to tinker with them, a blast of demonic energy surged forth, slamming into her and quite literally shocking her to her very core. Her spell broken, it dawned on her that this Thembrihkal's magic was FAR superior to her own, and this was either a defense thing in place, or the beast was actually able to reach out from an unseen vantage point to stop her. Either way, this wasn't happening right now, she'd need to learn more about these things, or kill the beast and then try.

3/20 Melissa is a futa. 7 turns left before Barrier Spirit can be used.

Attack Rolls:

Lorelai: 275+72=347 vs. Blood Raven: 375+ NO ROLL NEEDED
Lorelai: 275+347=622 vs. Blood Raven: 375+159=534 (HIT!)

Lorelai deals 300 damage, and her spirit does 350 more for 650 total. Blood Raven has 1,950 HP left.

Grapple Attempt:

Blood Raven: 295+116=411 vs. Lorelai: 200+224=424 (EVADE!)

Lorelai avoids a take down again, though this one was close!

Attack Rolls:

Melissa: 130+500=630 vs. Blood Raven: 375+395=770 (MISS)
Melissa: 130+320=450 vs. Blood Raven: 375+142=517 (MISS!)

Melissa can't land a hit again, and she's starting to get mad, even as the Mantra begins to fizzle out.

Lorelai: 2 Turns Left. Melissa: 1 Turn Left.

Options:

1: Keep Going!

2: Recoil and forefit a turn due to the shock of possibly having brushed Thembrihkal's influence.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

One of Lorelai's shots struck, but not only that, the binding magic evidently could in fact take on this entity!

Lorelai blinked as she felt it start to work. This could revolutionize knowledge of the spirits as they knew it! Or make them a marginalised and forbidden art. Thoughts for later and, wait what was-

Lorelai hissed in pain as her magic was effectively swatted down by that black energy. she took a step back with a wince at the spiritual backlash. The sensation chilled her to the core, and nearly threw her off enough to be grabbed by Blood Raven.

"Nf... Sorry Blood Raven. I gave it a shot. Evidently I could possibly have done just that and saved you, but your master stopped me. Seems he doesn't put much value on you. I'm sorry.," she said, feeling bad for the creature before her, "I'm afraid I will need to take your life after all. Still, you've done much for me and I'll do what I can to smack that bastard for not respecting your life. It's what little I can do without further research."

She grimaced and fired at the woman once again. Melissa magic was waning, and she was having little luck. They had to end this swiftly now. Blood Raven just needed a few more shots first.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

2/20 Melissa is a futa. 6 turns left before Barrier Spirit can be used.

Blood Raven half shrugged, seeming to have expected it, and seeming to not be in a chatty mood anymore.

Attack Rolls:

Lorelai: 275+652=927 vs. Blood Raven: 375+536=911 (HIT!)
Lorelai: 275+7=282 vs. Blood Raven: 375+ NO ROLL NEEDED.

Lorelai again only lands one hit, dealing 300 damage while her spirit adds another 350 for 650 total. Blood Raven has 1,300 HP remaining.

Grapple Attempt:

Blood Raven: 295+504=799 vs. Lorelai: 200+103=303 (GRABBED!)

Lorelai isn't fast enough to avoid being tackled by Blood Raven this time!

Free Lorelai Attempts:

Melissa: 166+314+4=484 vs. Blood Raven: 315+584=899 (FAIL!)
Melissa: 166+436+4=606 vs. Blood Raven: 315+478=793 (FAIL!)

Melissa is swatted away both times by Blood Raven, who keeps Lorelai pinned down with one arm!

Lorelai has 1 turn in the speed boost state and then it's gone!

Options:

1: Struggle to get free!

2: Let her ride you!

Zilrax

Reputation score

Seems the time for words was over. One of her shots went wild, and Blood Raven took advantage of that to catch hold of Lorelai as she recovered. She grimaced as she began to struggle once more. They were running out of time.

Melissa tried her best to help but was warded away by the corrupt womans free arm as Lorelai growled. "Yeah no. I already had one case of having to kill my unborn child. An abomination cus I'm not a god damn male but still! I rather NOT have to go through that again!"

She struggled violently against the woman before she found herself being ridden once more.

(struggle)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1/20 Melissa is a futa. 5 turns left before Barrier Spirit can be used.

Escape Grapple Attempt:

Lorelai: 145+328=473 vs. Blood Raven: 295+363=658 (STUCK!)
Lorelai: 145+26=171 vs. Blood Raven: 295+68=363 (STUCK!)

Lorelai can't toss her off, and Blood Raven grins down at her ...

Lorelai no longer has the speed buff!

Penetration Attempt:

Blood Raven: 275+ NO ROLL NEEDED! vs. Lorelai: 105+31=136 (SEX!)

... and Lorelai can't stop the woman from lowering her pussy over the magical cock she was given once more. Lorelai would have suffered 45 pleasure if not for her spirit absorbing some, and instead only suffers 23 Pleasure, gaining 43 KP. Lorelai has 41 Stamina left until she pops, while Blood Raven still has 223.

Elemental Spirit: 377/410 HP left. (Adjusted due to my forgetting the spirit was supposed to level up and get more HP earlier in this fight.)

Melissa casts her speed mantra again, losing 50 MP seconds after she got back to full MP. Melissa now has 76 MP left.

Free Lorelai Attempts:

Melissa: 166+439+4=609 vs. Blood Raven: 315+352=667 (FAIL!)
Melissa: 166+402+4=572 vs. Blood Raven: 315+489=804 (FAIL!)

Once more Melissa is swatted away, growling angrily as she seems powerless to help her friend.

Options:

1: Struggle to get away!

2: Get ridden to paradise and put your fate in Melissa's hands.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai grimaces as both she and Melissa couldn't detach the determined Blood Raven, glaring at her. "Your last hurrah? You couldn't at least work me as a female inst-" She was cut off with a gasp as she was once again sheathed inside the womans body, her shuddering a bit.

"Seriously, unf, Whyyyy?!," she complained angrily as she struggled to toss the woman off her shaft, "I clearly need to locate the Spirit of Stop Fucking With My Gender!"

Melissa recast the speed spell as it faded. Least she'd have more chance to detach the woman before she sired on the spirit enslaved kinsman. This cock thing was really bothering her. She couldn't deny the pleasure running through her, that was a thing. Horribly wrong but a thing. But if everything kept warping her gender, why hadn't they simply forced it permanently on her? Incapability? Seemed terribly inefficient.

She decided to not comment on that thought once again, lest she gave something ideas and affix her with a breeding tool permanently. Though she wouldn't be shocked if her mind was being read or something already existed that would do so and she hadn't encountered it yet. Then again, Melissa still had her large fertile endowment so maybe it was permanently on her. She felt bad, but maybe the chantress didn't mind so much?

Now was not the time for deep thoughts though, not to mention it was hard to keep on task with being enveloped by soft Mathosian flesh. No children damnit!

(Struggle!)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((OK, now I'm going to be evil. Has no change to the dice rolls, but this is a sight to watch lol.))

Melissa returns to normal! 4 turns left before Barrier Spirit can be used.

Escape Grapple Attempt:

Lorelai: 145+74=219 vs. Blood Raven: 295+ NO ROLL NEEDED (STUCK!)
Lorelai: 145+95=240 vs. Blood Raven: 295+ NO ROLL NEEDED (STUCK!)

Lorelai doesn't even come close to freeing herself, the pleasure of Blood Raven's pussy riding her a bit too good for her right now.

Pleasure Roll:

Blood Raven: 275+405=680 vs. Lorelai: 105+292=397 (SEX!)

Lorelai can't stop Blood Raven from continuing to ride her, and at her words regarding taking her as a woman, Blood Raven grinned maliciously. Suddenly, Blood Raven herself had a dick, and before Lorelai could react, that was stuffed into the pussy she still had. Now, Lorelai was literally having sex from both sides of the fence at the same time! Lorelai would have suffered 45 pleasure if not for her spirit absorbing some, and instead only suffers 23 Pleasure, gaining 43 KP. Lorelai has 18 Stamina left until she pops, while Blood Raven still has 178. (No extra KP on this since it's for show here and not part of her normal attacks).

Elemental Spirit: 355/410 HP left.

Free Lorelai Attempts:

Melissa: 166+142+4=312 vs. Blood Raven: 315+680=995 (FAIL!)
Melissa: 166+493+4=663 vs. Blood Raven: 315+435=750 (FAIL!)

Once more Melissa is batted away, her cock suddenly vanishing in mid charge the second time and causing her to miss a step as the sensation threw her off just enough.

Options:

Same as last time.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Blood Raven had her in quite the pin this time. Her struggles were for naught. And evidently she opened her big damn mouth to boot! Blood Raven twisted their position and next thing she knew, Blood Raven claimed her female virginity in turn, making Lorelai yipe in pleasure and shock.

"Not... What I... Meant!," she growls, shuddering as the dual sensations threatened to make her go off. She was struggling not to orgasm, trying not to empty herself into the possessed woman or worse, stimulate her into possibly impregnating her! She had no desire to be trying to raise a child in this nightmare, or let one be claimed from her body to be bound and forced into being a rape machine.

N'gaasha seemed to be really excited by the sight, the pleasure half flowing to her through the bond, the spirit on the cusp of her own climax, it tied to Lorelai's own.

Lorelai's eyes wandered briefly as Melissa moved to try and detach the two. However mid stride, her oversized shaft disappeared! Evidently it had been fairly heavy too cus she seemed to have been thrown off balance by it. Lorelai was vaguely thankful the woman hadn't been taken over by lust and tried to spear her on it. On the other hand, she'd rather it was Melissa claiming her right now than the corrupt creature working her.

"Least it's not permanent...," she grimaced, and struggled, panting and throwing a last ditch effort into getting free, before she filled the corrupt woman with life.

(Struggle!)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

3 turns left before Barrier Spirit can be used.

Escape Grapple Attempt:

Lorelai: 145+307=452 vs. Blood Raven: 295+264=559 (STUCK!)
Lorelai: 145+711=856 vs. Blood Raven: 295+349=644 (FREE!)

With a great second effort, Lorelai manages to free herself finally!

Grapple Attempt:

Blood Raven: 295+400=695 vs. Lorelai: 200+352=552 (GRABBED!)

And unfortunately forgets to step backwards after getting free, and is tackle/pinned to the ground again!

Free Lorelai Attempts:

Melissa: 166+559+4=729 vs. Blood Raven: 315+118=433 (FREE!)

Melissa manages to shove Blood Raven off this time ...

Attack Roll:

Melissa: 130+758=888 vs. Blood Raven 375+234=609 (HIT!)

Melissa deals 600 damage, and Blood Raven only has 700 left!

((Note: Melissa is at full MP now, I somehow forgot to type the regens in the last few turns.))

Options:

1: Finish Her!

2: Fuck her!

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai whimpered slightly at the sensations, before gritting her teeth and concentrating. Like hell was she going to get pregnant from another woman! She was using a twisted form of their martial arts. If she ever got back, Lorelai swore she'd devote some of her research time into practice long lain aside. For now though, she tried to think through the pleasure how to break this pin. Right, this would take some set up.

She braced herself and thrust forward her hips, needing them to be close by, cringing at the sensation before twisting, and lifting a leg to try and hook it around Blood Raven. As expected, the woman blocked the twist fairly easily, allowing the follow up, as she corkscrewed her own body, detaching the pair and laying them both out on the ground. "Hah!"

She scrambled back up to her feet, but unfortunately Blood Raven seemed to recover as quick, darting up and getting her by the wrists again and shoving her back down. "Damn it no! Fuck sakes, I refuse any and all breedings from women damnit! None of that!"

Fortunately Melissa caught Blood Raven off balance still, tackling her aside and following up with a blow from her staff. She looked fairly battered, and Lorelai grimaced at seeing another Mathosian in such a state. Even a possesed broken one like this.

"Sorry, but this is the end.," she grimaced, before raising her hands and concentrating, drawing N'gaasha's energies to herself and firing once more.

(Spirit Thrash x2)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

2 turns left before Barrier Spirit can be used.

Attack Rolls:

Lorelai: 275+608=883 vs. Blood Raven: 375+36=411 (HIT!)
Lorelai: 275+231=506 vs. Blood Raven: 375+150=525 (MISS!)

Lorelai only lands one hit, dealing 300 damage, while her spirit deals out 350 more, making her do a total of 650 damage here. Blood Raven has 50 HP remaining!

Grapple Attempt:

Blood Raven: 295+500=795 vs. Lorelai: 200+619=819

Lorelai barely dodges a take down attempt, perhaps a little stunned that somehow Blood Raven was STILL standing.

Attack Rolls:

Melissa: 130+785=915 vs. Blood Raven: 375+541=916 (RESIST!)
Melissa: 130+277=407 vs. Blood Raven: 375+202=577 (RESIST!)

Melissa misses both shots!

Options:

1: FINISH HER! (She's dead this turn no matter what since the spirit will kill her even if Lorelai misses).

2: One last Sympathy fuck before you end her?

Zilrax

Reputation score

Blood Raven ducked one of her blows but the other struck home. She truly was a sturdy opponent. Admirable in a way. Still, it was over.

Lorelai ducked aside, Blood Ravens hands just gracing her body, putting her all into one last grab for her, but it wasn't enough to get ahold of her, though the movement did carry Blood Raven out of the way of Melissa's shots.

Lorelai sighed. "It is over. You truly were a formidable opponent. I hope that your spirits will find some means to move on. I will deal with your master, rest assured. And he will pay for forcing this situation upon us both. Rest well, Blood Raven. N'gaasha. Put her down gently."

N'gaasha rolled her one open eye, before the claw darted out and wrapped around Blood Raven, and gave a gentle squeeze in and through, cutting the last threads of life between body and the twin spirits within the corrupt woman.

(Finish her.)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Not even bothering with a dice roll for the attack phase, this fight is OVER!))

The spirit's attack struck home, finally ending the creature Blood Raven had become. As it did, a blueish light erupted from her body, as the Mathosian spirit who had once been the original woman seemed to break free from the corrupted shell her body had become. She regarded Lorelai and Melissa for a moment before smiling even as she began to fade.

"Thank you, that went on for far too long. I am sorry for all the things that thing forced me to do to you, and if it were within my power I would try to make it up to you. Alas, it is time to finally rest, though I wish you the best at getting out of here. The best I can do right now is hope you can escape, and ... it was in fact I who you saw that day. My name was Alkara Shimbra. Farewell."

Just like that, she was gone for good, the shell of her body vaporizing as her spirit left it, finally free.

Item Drops:

Blood Raven: 2x KL Lowering Potions (one for each woman), 2x HP Potion (One for each woman) & Map Piece.

Possessed Ape 1: 2x HP Potion (One for each woman).

Possessed Ape 2: Nothing!

Possessed Ape 3: Nothing!

Each woman gets: 1x KL Lowering Potion, & 2x HP Potion.

Both Women gain 10,600 XP and are now Level 5! Both women have 10 stat points to spend freely.

Lorelai's Stats:

Strength: 15
Dexterity: 30
Vitality: 23
Energy: 57
Intelligence: 55

Starting Accuracy: 175+4
Starting Magical Accuracy: 275
Starting Evasion: 200
Freedom Rating: 145
Sexual Freedom Rating: 105
Magical Defense: 275
Speed Rating: 200

Starting HP: 46
Starting MP: 171/171
Starting Sexual Stamina: 18/149

Lorelai Learns:

Spiritual Time Bomb - This highly useful spell simply is the best protection in the world. When cast, this spell instantly afflicts the target enemy with a prevention spell. This spell prevents an enemy from grappling for 3 turns, actually dealing 75 damage every time it tries to attack. As enemies will always try to attack, this can be highly useful to both prevent a grapple, AND deal damage. It may only be cast once every five turns, and only once per enemy in a fight, so use this VERY wisely. Mana Cost - 250. Level Gained: 5. Magical Attack.

Erosion - This spell causes an enemy to lose 400 HP every turn for 5 turns. Mana Cost - 175. Level Gained: 5. Magical Attack.

Melissa's Stats:

Strength: 35
Dexterity: 35
Vitality: 39
Energy: 45
Intelligence: 26

Starting Accuracy: 166+4
Starting Magical Accuracy: 130
Starting Evasion: 157
Freedom Rating: 166
Sexual Freedom Rating: 175
Magical Defense: 130
Speed Rating: 157

Starting HP: 78/78
Starting Mana: 126/126
Starting Sexual Stamina: 164/201

Melissa Learns:

Smite - This skill deals 400 Holy Damage, double if against an undead or demonic opponent. Mana Cost - 50. Level Gained: 5. Magical Attack. Can't critical hit.

Beatdown - The Chantress goes into a flurry of hits with her staff, lashing out a total of 5 times, dealing 100 damage each time she lands a hit. She doesn't need to land a hit to keep the string going. Physical Attack. 3 turn cool down. Level 5.

Another one of those milking trap devices suddenly appeared by the barrier leading to the next area, even as Cassidy showed up to inform them that once again, someone would have to get used by it.

Options:

1: Have Lorelai enter the trap to move onward.

2: Have Melissa enter the trap to move onward.

((Can place stat points as well as make the call.))

Zilrax

Reputation score

(8 energy and 2 Vit for Lorelai, 4 int 5 dex 1 vit for Melissa)

Lorelai watched as N'gaasha reach out and into Blood Raven before seeming to give a twist, and a yank, before yanking free as a spiritual rift burned from the corrupted woman's body as N'gaasha severed the weakened bonds holding the pure part of her trapped within.

As Alkara faded away Lorelai smiled back. "Don't worry about us, Alkara, we'll be fine. Take the rest you were denied and don't look back. You deserve it after those unwarranted torments."

And then she was gone. Lorelai sighed and sat down tiredly with a grunt, happy for her hard aching shaft to be gone. "Trapped in ones own body. I'll need to figure out how to cut them off from that creature they call master. Whatever it is it has a far greater grasp of the spirit than I do, but I think I might be able to work it out somehow. But it's a long term project. Thanks for the help. Once again saving my bacon. Couldn't have gotten this far without your help, Melissa."

Her rest was interrupted though as Cassidy and the device appeared again, Lorelai yelping in surprise, hands going up before grimacing. "Again huh. Damned things. You went last time Melissa, so I'll go this time. I can't seem to... Unarouse and I was on the edge as it was already. Gross..."

She sighs and reluctantly approaches the machine, "Go on then, stupid device. Lord only knows what you actually do with everything you drain out of me, but I have my guesses."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Melissa only nodded to her, seeming to be thinking about something, although she did take a small step or two backwards and turn away as the device grabbed Lorelai and yanked her towards it, capturing her and beginning to rape her.

Of course, Lorelai ended up having her gender messed with again, and the trap freely stroked her, adding 6,071 KP to her as it brought her to countless orgasms. For a brief time she was worried it might not let go, as it continued milking her cock, but finally it did, vanishing as she was rather unceremoniously dumped to the ground, the barrier vanishing.

STATS HAVE CHANGED! Lorelai is back to full Stamina.

Options:

1: Move on and see what the next place has in store.

2: Think this through... (chance to be caught).

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai appreciated the privacy Melissa gave her, as the device once again grabbed her and defiled her gender and milked her of her seed over and over, Lorelai gasping and shuddering at the corrupt feelings before finally the device discarded her. She panted upon the ground, weakly glaring at the happy looking spirit who had orgasmed alongside her several times.

"Stop looking so damn pleased with yourself...," grumbles Lorelai as she got back up to her feet with a pant, and giving herself a shake.

"Unf, glad that's over... Cmon Melissa, let's get going. Something on your mind? Don't have to share if you do not want too, of course.," says Lorelai, looking to her far larger companion, "I don't mean too pry, but if something is bothering you you don't need to worry about my feelings or anything."

(continue!)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The two women moved onwards, finding themselves in an area that seemed to be called the Black Marsh. It certainly lived up to it's name, seeming like a marsh, but fortunately it was empty of anything for the moment.

Melissa shrugged.

"Nothing major, just her name makes me wonder. One of our storytellers spoke of a tale of a great battle fought by a Mathosian woman with her name. Thing is though, if she's the same woman ... that battle was fought five hundred years before I was even born, if the story was true. Having seen what even her corrupted shell was capable of, I'm betting it was true. Which means that this place isn't new. So how has it gone unnoticed by our people for that long?"

Options:

1: Sit and talk about this (chance to be caught).

2: Walk and Talk.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Lorelai paused, blinking a moment, and looking at Melissa. "Melissa, I was there for that fight. In person."

She frowns, stunned a moment before starting to move again, shaking her head, "How long have I been gone... Melissa. Tell me about what's going on on Mathosia. I... I think things have passed me by."

She felt cold, grimacing, before looking up at N'gaasha who was slithering alongside her, before looking back to Melissa as she moved. "I don't want to dwell on it, but... If we're to get back, I need to know what is different."

She grimaces as her foot sinks into the muck, giving it a shake off with a look of distaste on her face before continuing, "Lord knows how long it's been since either of us have been gone too. Ugh, this keeps up, I'm going to cry. Sigh. Don't know why I should be upset, it's not like I left anyone behind. But, 500 years... Will there even be a place for me anymore?"

She grimaced and tried to focus, taking a deep breath. "No, not going to... You're right, that this has gone unnoticed this long is... Bizarre. I wasn't exactly an unknown figure, if I disappeared following studying that unknown life-form, how did nobody notice? Mysteries upon mysteries. Guess we have something new to investigate then."

(walk and talk)

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now it was the Norn's turn to grimace.

"Mathos ... That's a name told only in stories now. It fell in battle after rifts of some kind tore in from a planar dimension about 2352 from what I was told. Eventually those who escaped using the gateways found some way of blocking the rifts from opening, and settled on a planet known as New Mathos. Or at least they had when I was there. New Mathos was founded with my people and your own, along with the few Elves and Sylvari still in existence. If that was the same woman and you lived for that battle ... The Skaald's said that took place around 2035 or so and I was born in 2535. Now that I think of it ... that pod I woke up from ... The markings on it are the same as the gateways we used. Which means ... whoever made those gates, made the pods used on us too."

To this she shuddered, probably wondering if their captor had invented the gateways too. Fortunately, they seemed to be in an area still dead of life save for themselves.

Options:

Same as before.

Zilrax

Reputation score

"... My home is gone?," says Lorelai, eyes wide as they walked, before falling silent for a few minutes, walking a little sluggishly.

She swallowed after a few minutes and shook her head. "Sorry. It was bad enough to hear that I'm by all rights a ghost, and then to find out your own planets been destroyed. Maybe I should be grateful to be alive, even if it's in a place like this. Still... I'm glad to hear people made it safely. Elves and the Sylvari too huh?"

She grimaced, walking, grimacing before snarling and punching one of the march plants angrily. "Damn it all, the hells going on! My planet's gone, I'm ancient, and pods made by the gateway makers, or someone who knows their technology at least. How many mysteries and tragedies are strapped to us?!"

She sighs and grimaces, before sighing and trying to compose herself. "...I really hope we can find a place to rest a while. Feels like it's been days since we could stop and rest. Or sleep. I definitely would like that."

She idly touched her woven belt, several bottles woven into it now to hold them, "And maybe a chance to get real clothes. Not that they'd last long around here. Ugh. So, 500 years huh. I must seem woefully backwards after that long. Scientist in my age, and primitive to you heh. What sort of advancements have been made? They make computers not take up eight rooms yet?"

(Continue onwards!)