What's new

B&B Group 1 OOC

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: B&B Group 1 OOC

I'm not just pulling these guys from a book. They're tailored to be part of the theme of the dungeon. I've always thought sticking in theme is more fun and interesting that wandering around fighting some kobolds, then some rats, and maybe one orc if you're lucky. I know you're level 1, but I thought you might like to feel like you're getting something interesting done, not just chores.

As for 'dying': maybe there's a bit of a disconnect here, but you know this is supposed to be a monster rape game, right? That's why there's no permanent penalties for losing a character in a fight; they don't even have to sit out the rest of the dungeon or be useless or anything. Hell, you don't even have to sit out the rest of the fight. Part of the premise of this game is periodically losing and getting raped. Everyone understood that coming in, right?

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I nearly died each time.

That reminds me. We're all level 1 and we've been set against Mr.Popo's cousin and various demons. It felt like we were on the normal level 1 path before we suddenly went into the end game zone.
Statistically, most of those guys were still chumps, and we beat all of them because numbers and we didn't actually need to fight them at full strength for various reasons. Numbers are how weaker PCs beat bigger enemies, and numbers are how low end PCs usually get destroyed. This is numbers of fairly durable guys vs us. In this case, it's actually some fairly substantial enemies, each of them technically being a level over us and having access to instantly crippling debuffs that none of us have good saves against.

We're doing pretty well though, so we should be fine. I'm fine with Karaz using heroism there to make that attack hit to ensure that another spider is dead, meaning we've actually evened out much of the numbers problem.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I completely misunderstood when the Djinn me. I did not realize he was courting me.

Also, upon use of Heroism, that counts for making saves and to-hit checks right. Meaning Karaz will both break free of the webs and land her attack successfully?

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It applies to either or, but whatever if it'll make you happy at this point. I kinda have a headache about having to explain a justify a fairly simple fight that is very quickly going your way by design, so I'll update later.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not just pulling these guys from a book. They're tailored to be part of the theme of the dungeon. I've always thought sticking in theme is more fun and interesting that wandering around fighting some kobolds, then some rats, and maybe one orc if you're lucky. I know you're level 1, but I thought you might like to feel like you're getting something interesting done, not just chores.
Yeah, the enemy selection is fine, there's been some variety.

As for 'dying': maybe there's a bit of a disconnect here, but you know this is supposed to be a monster rape game, right? That's why there's no permanent penalties for losing a character in a fight; they don't even have to sit out the rest of the dungeon or be useless or anything. Hell, you don't even have to sit out the rest of the fight. Part of the premise of this game is periodically losing and getting raped. Everyone understood that coming in, right?
NONSENSE! PURITY RUNS! PURITY RUNSSSS!!! :p

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It applies to either or, but whatever if it'll make you happy at this point. I kinda have a headache about having to explain a justify a fairly simple fight that is very quickly going your way by design, so I'll update later.
Iunno, I thought this fight was fine, perhaps barring what seems like it should have to roll to-hit from how it's described not doing so regarding the webs. It's just a naturally tougher fight for us because we have no real AoE, and the one of us who has a debuff that would have helped can't cast right now.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm thinking RJ just saw it as a fight that's basically design to ruin us and from what I can tell, he hates losing. By the way, I suppose I ought to ask: can I cast sleep again when I'm maintaining effects of a previous spell?

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm thinking RJ just saw it as a fight that's basically design to ruin us and from what I can tell, he hates losing. By the way, I suppose I ought to ask: can I cast sleep again when I'm maintaining effects of a previous spell?
The fight isn't designer to ruin you guys, it's designed to let the mages be the heroes during one of the encounters. Yes, you can cast sleep again!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

... So how many sleeps can I support at once? Because that sounds kinda OP.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

As an spectator, i will not complain if all lose more often and get raped >_>

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Yeah, it's cleverness probably. Course, unless that stats lower than my mind generally I'm probably not getting good odds on succeeding. As for being op, never heard of Linear fighter, Quadratic Wizard? Being overpowered comes with being a spellcaster.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

he hates losing.
In general, I don't like any situation where the player (whether I'm the GM or not) doesn't have an above 50% chance of winning (With perhaps exceptions to boss battles, which I thought the Djinn fight was before similar fights happened repeatedly). I think it's a chore rather than fun to overcome adversity in anything other than a skill-based game.

Losing is fine in the event I just happened to get unlucky. But I hope anyone who's played Eluku's games understands that after a certain point, you're far too pissed at how cheap the enemies are to appreciate how the fairy is getting fucked, and eventually you just use the cheats and watch her get raped because trying is too tiresome. You're still losing, but now you can enjoy it without losing your boner to rage.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, it's cleverness probably. Course, unless that stats lower than my mind generally I'm probably not getting good odds on succeeding. As for being op, never heard of Linear fighter, Quadratic Wizard? Being overpowered comes with being a spellcaster.
That implies being OP lategame.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

In general, I don't like any situation where the player (whether I'm the GM or not) doesn't have an above 50% chance of winning (With perhaps exceptions to boss battles, which I thought the Djinn fight was before similar fights happened repeatedly). I think it's a chore rather than fun to overcome adversity in anything other than a skill-based game.

Losing is fine in the event I just happened to get unlucky. But I hope anyone who's played Eluku's games understands that after a certain point, you're far too pissed at how cheap the enemies are to appreciate how the fairy is getting fucked, and eventually you just use the cheats and watch her get raped because trying is too tiresome. You're still losing, but now you can enjoy it without losing your boner to rage.
Considering that you've gone five fights and an action sequence without losing a single player, I don't think you have any valid room to complain about that. So what are you really complaining about?

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Considering that you've gone five fights and an action sequence without losing a single player, I don't think you have any valid room to complain about that. So what are you really complaining about?
Yes, if i were playing a game like this i would wish every fight to loss and loss baddly : (

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Generally is op late game, but lategame comes early in dnd generally. A bit less so in this but the thing with mages is we always have 6 options to their one. And often have their one as well. We all have skills, can make skill checks, but us mages can also use a spell that may invalidate the need for a skill check. Just in this game we actually have to pay hp for it. So it's a bit more balanced than average.