What's new

B&B Group 1 OOC

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: B&B Group 1 OOC

Yes, casters are OP in DnD. I have experience running DnD though, and will endeavor to make sure everyone gets time to shine. I can't promise perfect balance, but I'm going to try to make sure everyone gets stuff to do.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Considering that you've gone five fights and an action sequence without losing a single player, I don't think you have any valid room to complain about that. So what are you really complaining about?
I didn't complain about the previous fights being too hard. It did make me worried, admittedly, that the healing wasn't doing enough per rest and if each battle drained us as much as it did then we'd end up unable to recover enough (then Darla came along to help massage the pain).

I do have valid room to complain because I can do math, and know that our success depends solely on the success of Alia. She botches, we lose. Unlike previous fights, where Arkeia snuck around and did massive damage at key points, so even if Karaz gets knocked down there's still an alright chance. That's why I didn't complain before, cuz even when I THOUGHT I was dead, I did some math in my head and figured we still had an okay chance.

You're acting like I have nothing to complain about because we're getting lucky. It's specifically because we're needing to get lucky with our coinflip to-hit rolls that I'm coming out and saying it would be super cool if our chances of winning weren't reliant on the odds I posted above, which are abysmal.

Then again, I'm operating on the assumption that I'm not the only one who thinks that the situation of (make X roll for Y character or everyone loses) isn't a very fun or interesting one, but I could be entirely wrong and could be pissing half of everyone off here because they don't really care.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Weren't you the one who said you hated DnD because of all the rules and probabilities and stuff? d20 based game have a large luck element. It's how they are. Please strongly consider chilling out and trying to just have fun with the luck-based game that is an excuse for smut. If you can't do that, maybe this isn't the game for you.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

I admittedly don't care as much because by my experience, level 1 is always swingy. When your average orc can one shot anyone but a barbarian if he happens to roll an 18, it's just something you adapt to. So I'm actively used to this sort of situation. That said, normally Sleep doesn't need a maintaining roll either.

But given the circumstances, there is always going to be luck involved. The spiders got lucky, two crits in one turn? That's pretty unlikely statistically. Happens, I once rolled 7 fumbles in a row. That was one hell of a fucking outlier. Probably dice imbalance involved but I digress...

The fact is we often are going to need to rely on tricks like this to even the odds for a tactical advantage. It's a bit more luck based than usual but then we aren't completely screwed so far. If she does fail a roll, then the spiders have to make their attack rolls, and if they don't hit Alia then she get's to sleep em again. Plus Faeyna is continuing to try and intimidate them. With their situation dwindling, how much longer til they crack? Ad if I gotta I can TRY to entangle I suppose though my chances are really bad.

That said yay for healing help. Losing 3 hp to heal others for 2d4 makes me sad if I have to keep doing it. Makes me wish druids got Vampiric Touch haha.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's probably fills in for a monster's will save.
Well, no, in base 3.5 DnD all status effects just give one save, if you fail, sucks to be you, you're asleep for 10 rounds or more. I'm giving a save every round, because it's a fairly common houserule that makes statuses much less broken.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Weren't you the one who said you hated DnD because of all the rules and probabilities and stuff? d20 based game have a large luck element. It's how they are.
But given the circumstances, there is always going to be luck involved.
Losing is fine in the event I just happened to get unlucky.
I honestly wonder where I'm going wrong with my explanation as to what was bothering me.

Cuz yall clearly don't get it.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

As a heads up my finals are next week, so my posts are going to be super intermittent for the next six days.