What's new

Open B&B (GM-Arjay ; Grave,Zilrax,Atmo)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Open B&B (GM-Arjay ; Grave,Zilrax,Atmo)

Alia sighed, shaking her head. "I understand it may have emotional value for you." The woman began to move around, packing up her stuff in preparation to leave this place. "But unfortunately, it does not offer enough protection by itself to keep you safe against foes. And we lack the means to enchant it to make up for it. Such services are very expensive, you know."

Tervin worked quickly and efficiently, gathering things as she continued to speak. "I am not saying you need to throw it away. But if you do not get yourself a shield and a smaller weapon to go with it, then you will need to invest in heavier armor. What you have right now simply isn't enough to protect you, and magic is tiring to cast. Not to mention, I may need it to protect myself should I need to go into melee." She straightened out, all her stuff packed up, the mage now ready to go. "You lack the kind of arcane or divine advantages I and Malivre possess. You need to compensate for that somehow."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With all that madness out of the way, they'd be free to depart from the lands of monkies, and towards their intended destination. Through the semi-dense forest of tall trees, they'd come upon a large boulder with a wooden foundation on one end that led apparently to the mines of interest. They stood at a safe distance of one-hundred meters before it just barely came into view. It had signs in front of the mines that couldn't be read from afar easily.

(Premptively roll those spot checks: Knowledge+Mind+1d20)
(Also if you want to, roll to see if you can read the signs: Knowledge+Mind+1d20 vs. DC 15)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Spot check:

Read sign:

Alia stopped as she saw the location they were supposed to reach. Looking around, the mage saw nothing unusual around, quickly dismissing the thought something of interest could be close. In fact, her attention was absorbed entirely by the sign in front of the mine, the blonde woman easily picking out what was written on it despite the distance. She was so focused on it, though, she'd likely miss anything else around.

(Well, this is going to be interesting.)

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

(Spot 14, Read Sign 22 Pass)

Malivre moved along with the others, casting a Healing spell on Celeste as they went. She clearly needed it. She did one on herself too. While her lords power burnt her out a fair bit, it was still less than the harm she had taken from the monkey attackers.

(Cure Light wounds, 1 for me, 1 for Celeste. 7 hp to Celeste. 9 hp to me.)

With the destination in sight, she peered ahead to read.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girls would also have had a chance to recover.

(Full heals for everyone)

Reading the sign with relative ease, the girls saw that it said: "Mine abandoned, Unstable, Leave the area".

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"So they're hiding in an unstable mine... Risky." Alia muttered, frowning. This wasn't good. On top of whatever traps the goblins might have prepared, there was also the possibility of a cave-in or flooding, depending on what was down in the mine. "How do we proceed? I admit I have little experience with going underground." She turned to her companions.

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Spot:
Sign:

Following the couple after reading her things and wearing her backpack again, Celeste is silent. She is thinking in what happened and in what the other two said, noticing only the sign in a common language.

As to answer the mage's question, Celeste only shakes her head.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Malivre frowned as she looked at the mine sign. Interesting.

"I think our best bet is to look for tracks, and find the way they are using to enter. They must have taken the most stable location they could find. At least, I assume as much.," sighs Malivre, "Have light sources ready. While it'll be easier to see us in the dark, they can see in the dark already so I'd rather us be on even footing. That work for you guys?"

(Lookin for tracks 9)

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

(Track: )

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girls spot something very obvious. Something that's been on the ground for a while in fact ever since they met the Mossbacks. Many tiny footprints. Hard to tell who they belonged to, or maybe it was easy if one simply looked at their mission objective scroll, and took a single guess.

It's a beautiful day outside. The birds are singing.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Somehow, I don't think this is going to tell us much." Alia deadpanned, staring down. "I imagine that if the main entrance is still looking solid, that's the path they use. I don't think mines have many entrances anyway." The mage stated, shifting her backpack a bit as she produced a torch, along with flint and steel. "Shall we go? I suggest we don't use our torches at the same time to save resources. No telling how much time we will have to spend on searching."

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Celeste consents, leaving her three torches untouched inside of her backpack. At least they would be more useful than herself.

"Who takes the lead, from here on?"

Letting a mage go on the front is always a bad idea.

Zilrax

Reputation score

"Depends what you're mining and how the veins run I understand. Regardless we have no choice but to go in.," nods Malivre, before taking the lead and heading ahead, lighting a torch in her offhand as they went.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Alia gave the priestess a bemused stare, then sighed and put her own unlit torch in the backpack. "I will go in the middle then... You can watch our back." She told the fighter, following Malivre inside, shaking her head at being ignored like that. She already had pulled out a torch, she could have taken care of the light.

Zilrax

Reputation score

"You can't exactly wield your scythe and hold a torch same time, Alia. That said, more than one person should have a light source because if one torch is taken out, we're blind then. But since everyone else is two handing...," says Malivre as she goes.

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

"She can throw the torch away before any fight begins. And I think we won't find any water pond here to unlit the torches."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"The word you're looking for is extinguish." Alia shrugged. "And a light spell is not very taxing to cast. We will manage, somehow."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Party Status:
Alia Tervin Lv.1
Exp: 3 / 10
HP: 20 / 20
Pleasure: 0 / 15
AC: 11
Heroism: 3/3
1. Attack Bonus
2. Damage
3. Saving Throw
4. Skill Check
5. Spell DC

Celeste Lv.1
HP: 20 / 20
Pleasure: 0 / 13
AC: 14
1. Attack Bonus
2. Damage
3. Saving Throw
4. Skill Check
5. Spell DC

Malivre Tannis Lv.1
HP: 15 / 20
Pleasure: 0 / 16
AC: 16
1. Attack Bonus
2. Damage
3. Saving Throw
4. Skill Check
5. Spell DC

The Situation:
Hostile Sneak roll:
All but Alia spot the goblins. The crit fail doesn't do much.

Surprise round begins, Alia doesn't act this round.

Initiative:
Tie Breaker Mali vs. Gobbies:

Two gobbies whack Malivre as she takes the front with their swords:

The spear gobbie tosses at Malivre:

3 Goblins: They're all healthy

Malivre would remember that they were informed that they were mining for coal.

Proceeding onwards, the girls kept an eye out. They found torchlight ahead of them as they went in, ridding most of the need for it. Though they also found much more than that. Goblins! Out of the shadows they came, but Malivre and Celeste spotted them, while Alia was looking at something else and was caught by surprise. Like the Mossbacks they were short, but only five feet, a whole foot over their competitors. They wore basic leather armor drenched in filth, and two had rusty swords while another had a spear.

Despite being spotted somewhat, they still had the drop on the two girls. The goblins rushed in, as Malivre was quickly put on the defensive, blocking a sword and a spear with her weaponry before taking a hard blow from a long blade. "Get dem! Tie dem up! Make em fat wit more goblins!" they cheered.

(Turn Order is: Goblins > Malivre > Celeste > Alia[no action])

Zilrax

Reputation score

Malivre blinked as they came to torchlight up ahead, putting hers out for the time being. Of course, there were goblins too. Maybe they weren't as gifted in vision as she thought. Or maybe they liked seeing in color, who knew.

She yelped in pain as she took a heavy blow from one of the goblins, cursing as she lashed back with a blade at the offender. "Yeah, maybe I'll make you dead instead! If you;re lucky.," she growls angrily.

( 14, 5 damage if hits.)

Atmo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

"F-Fat!? I'm not fat!"

Celeste was triggered by that remark, an old memory rising up from the depths of her heart. She lunges at one of the creatures, motioning her greatsword in a thrust to avoid touching the ceiling. (Is that even possible?)

Attack: 17
Damage 12