What's new

(Open to New Players) Dungeons and Depravity: Revenge of the Unchained

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: (Open) Dungeons and Depravity: Revenge of the Unchained

Seeing her more bloodthirsty companions begin their assault, Talia simply sighed as she pitched in as well. The kobold would likely die to the attack, she assumed, so she opted to focus on the goblin instead. Her attack was accurate as always, but the power behind it... The urge to bash herself in the head with her staff was returning. While a bit more powerful than the previous failures, and certainly enough to likely finish the goblin, it was still very underwhelming. She would have to whip herself into shape after this again, literally if need be.

To Hit:
Damage:

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Laya frowned, trying to translate the message in her head. Seems they were predicted. Hopefully they had not been outflanked by this woman then. For now though, seemed they were fighting.

Laya however had been forbidden from entering into melee again so she stayed put and... Waited she guessed. She didn't have arrows for her bow to use, and only two daggers, so she would wait to see if reinforcements showed up before throwing them.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Kiera, not wanting to attract the same unwanted attention Xarkana was getting silently agreed with going for the boss first. A cautionary attack is always best, but no perfect strike comes in slowly, they couldn't afford missing a window. The important thing was gathering information and waiting for the precise moment, so as they came upon guards and echoing sounds of an unseen conversation. Kiera pulled back her hood slowly, still not trying to alert the pair at the portcullis, and cupped behind her pointed ears, trying to make out what the voices were saying.

[Perception: 20+4= 24]

Hearing what had been said furrowed Kiera's brow with worry. No, not already. They couldn't be. Before anymore could be said, their new friend launched a spoken attack at the guards. Following suit with everyone, she tried to make sure that they could slay the enemies without anymore noise or alarm by quickly nocking an arrow into her bow and firing it at the head of the kobold.

[Initiative: 10. To Hit: 16+5= 21. Damage: 4+3= 7]

Fmokou

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Weiss couldn’t hear the conversation clearly, maybe they could send someone to spy on them, or scout ahead. Gribbles would be perfect for it, or so she thought. ''W-Wait, it might be best if we have someone try…'' Weiss tried to whisper to Xarkana. However, before she even finished her sentence, Xarkana began to mutter out a spell, and everyone else quickly followed up on her attack. Weiss couldn’t help but feeling this would end horribly for them, if someone noticed them killing the guards, the entire army might be alerted, and if the people guarding the women somehow got alerted, they can get boxed in this cave with no way to escape. All she could do now was hope that this reckless attack wasn’t going to draw any attention. She whipped out her crossbow, and tried to shoot at the kobold, or if he was no longer standing, she would aim for the goblin.

[To-hit: . Damage: ]

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Xp earned thus far: 120
: Fine
HP: 9
AC: 14

:
HP: 9/10
Trauma: 32 / 100

Weiss: Fine
HP: 11
AC: 18

Kat: Fine
HP: 15
AC: 11

HP: 10

Xarkana: Fine
AC: 13

The girls came out, slaying the two guards at the portcullis, their deaths loud enough combined with the sudden fighting to alert the ones who dwelled inside, most notably,

On the other side of the closed wooden portcullis, those who fought in melee would spot this figure, and those ranged would see him if they moved closer. Upon seeing the heroes, he dropped a glass ball with red swirling mist inside and let it shatter on the floor, as a cackling laugh faintly escaped, and the rest mist evaporated into nothingness. "I see you're just as subtle as the pain in the ass I call my master. But you are deep within my territory you bumbling fools. If I speak but one word, my entire army of vermin will be bearing down upon you. That's your foolish mistake." he chuckled. "But, I'm not interested in savage butchery, even if I enjoy it. I am well fine enough if you would hear me out. Since you're in quite a lot of danger right now with your foolish bravado." he declared.

In the room, it looked like a simple square room with a throne and four pillars on the sides holding curtains up of tattered red cloth. The orc seemed to be alone as he stood in the middle of the room, with two handaxes at his sides. "If you do not wish to fail here and watch your town burn, then you will submit to me here. I will leave that town alone, and I will take all of you as my concubines for a time. You will help breed my army, and once I am prepared to become my own lord, I will have no further use of you." he declared, before holding up his left hand, revealing a chain tattoo of a single link that looked broken at the ends, shaped into a loose 'S' while it was covered in flames. "After all... I don't want to be around you if that chain of yours breaks. You can be broken by my master's minions on your own time."

There are many possible actions to take here. Someone with a good investigation roll can discover the noteworthy options and their DC's. Otherwise, you may each make one post with one check. Your time limit and number of checks you can make, allowing retries, depends upon your ability to keep the conversation going.

Alternatively, you may accept his offer to ensure the protection of your people. His honesty can also be probed at with a roll.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Kiera cursed to herself. She knew how foolish moving in would be, and she wished she could only kick herself for questioning her mother's training. She wanted the reason she was trained to fight alone? Here it was. Now, they were compromised with little immediate alternatives. Kiera made sure to visibly scan every inch of it as she could for any possible escape or advantage they could get. Nice cloths. Keeping things pretty simple here? Can't say I like things too fancy myself, but this definitely looks nicer than the pole we found this girl tied to." She nodded her head to the warlock with a grimace. "So when you say you'll have no further use of us, we go to your boss, I assume, or you toss us away as scraps to your army?" She continued to look around, attempting to hide her gestures as part of what she was saying.

[Investigation: 5+3= 8]

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Talia grimaced as the half-orc emerged, shattering his crystal ball. Perhaps they had been too hasty. He seemed confident and she figured it was very likely he had some means to call his minions to him. This, of course, would mean trouble. It was likely something behind those curtains, she was certain of it. But which one? How many backups did he have? At least the portcullis looked surmountable, though it'd likely take the combined strength of a few of them to move. Burning it down would take too long. Though perhaps there was a way to buy time and throw him off-balance...

"You speak as if we hadn't considered the possibility of you calling for backup." Talia responded calmly, putting her game face on. This was going to be tricky as Hell. "Do you really think we'd be foolish enough to enter a stronghold and not do something to... Inconvenience your minions? Or that we'd find a way to get this far undetected without any help?" She didn't say any more, letting him try to puzzle this one out. Leave him guessing, shake his confidence and make him doubt his own advantages. "Perhaps we're not the ones making a mistake here. Or about to make one." Imply treachery among his troops... And make him rethink summoning them.

[Deception: , burn Inspiration for advantage: ]

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well, Laya wasn't sure how this is was gonna work out. Clearly there wasn't precisely a plan here. Then again... The half-orc's mistreatment of his minions was obvious in how they were talking. The kobolds were likely out of commission by now by majority. It might be possible to leverage their poor morale if it came to a fight. Still she had to see how the others wanted to play things. Still, speaking was her thing.

"You're making a lot of promises, but we've no reason to trust them. You've already shown intent to return to attack, and you work with, well, dark forces. What assurances do we have?"

She kept an eye on his body language, hoping to study him as he responded.

(19 Investigation, 21 Insight into him and his honesty.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kiera cursed to herself. She knew how foolish moving in would be, and she wished she could only kick herself for questioning her mother's training. She wanted the reason she was trained to fight alone? Here it was. Now, they were compromised with little immediate alternatives. Kiera made sure to visibly scan every inch of it as she could for any possible escape or advantage they could get. Nice cloths. Keeping things pretty simple here? Can't say I like things too fancy myself, but this definitely looks nicer than the pole we found this girl tied to." She nodded her head to the warlock with a grimace. "So when you say you'll have no further use of us, we go to your boss, I assume, or you toss us away as scraps to your army?" She continued to look around, attempting to hide her gestures as part of what she was saying.

[Investigation: 5+3= 8]
"No..." he sighed. "You're ignorant, aren't you? Figures your own parents wouldn't even fill you in on how that tattoo works. They're probably too ashamed." he laughed. "Before any of you snap... By that I mean your chains, and your minds... I will want you gone. I'll catapult you to the nearest river if I have to get rid of you. Trust me... I will get more wombs to replace yours when I'm ready to begin my campaign, and ditch HER influence forever."

Kiera can't seem to get any dirt on the situation.

Talia grimaced as the half-orc emerged, shattering his crystal ball. Perhaps they had been too hasty. He seemed confident and she figured it was very likely he had some means to call his minions to him. This, of course, would mean trouble. It was likely something behind those curtains, she was certain of it. But which one? How many backups did he have? At least the portcullis looked surmountable, though it'd likely take the combined strength of a few of them to move. Burning it down would take too long. Though perhaps there was a way to buy time and throw him off-balance...

"You speak as if we hadn't considered the possibility of you calling for backup." Talia responded calmly, putting her game face on. This was going to be tricky as Hell. "Do you really think we'd be foolish enough to enter a stronghold and not do something to... Inconvenience your minions? Or that we'd find a way to get this far undetected without any help?" She didn't say any more, letting him try to puzzle this one out. Leave him guessing, shake his confidence and make him doubt his own advantages. "Perhaps we're not the ones making a mistake here. Or about to make one." Imply treachery among his troops... And make him rethink summoning them.

[Deception: , burn Inspiration for advantage: ]
(Orc rolls Wisdom Save: Success) "Then why do you not charge in here? Why do you talk? Do so, and I will beat you all down." he warned.

Well, Laya wasn't sure how this is was gonna work out. Clearly there wasn't precisely a plan here. Then again... The half-orc's mistreatment of his minions was obvious in how they were talking. The kobolds were likely out of commission by now by majority. It might be possible to leverage their poor morale if it came to a fight. Still she had to see how the others wanted to play things. Still, speaking was her thing.

"You're making a lot of promises, but we've no reason to trust them. You've already shown intent to return to attack, and you work with, well, dark forces. What assurances do we have?"

She kept an eye on his body language, hoping to study him as he responded.

(19 Investigation, 21 Insight into him and his honesty.)
Talia seemed to give notion that she figured everything out, meaning Laya could focus on reading the orc. He looked to be like a half-orc that's lived a rough life. Thanks to his parentage one would assume. Originally carved with the chain, his birth parents were among those heroes same as their lineage. Or at least one of them. Somewhere, he lost his way, and currently seems to appear to be a leader without alliance, now that his recent master abandoned him to them as well.

The orc had surprisingly sturdy eyes, as if he had honor amidst his wicked actions. His stare was cold, beholding the evils that found him, and becoming them. But for all that, he seemed like a completely honest and honorable warrior. Far from a good person, but he seemed to hold respect for himself, and those who deserved respect.

Last edited:

Zilrax

Reputation score

Laya looked the orc over, considering. "You're right. They've not told us much. But you've got a symbol like us. and your body tells the story. It's sort of a cliche that the body is more honest than the mind, but seems there is truth here. I'm sorry. It probably doesn't mean much from a storyteller, but it's clear to me you've been wronged. You've been wronged and just now you've been wronged again. I no longer doubt your honor. I apologise that I had before."

She frowns, looking at him, "But why do you want an army? You have it, you leave, but what then? One doesn't just make an army because they can. Who do you intend to fight? Who is it you mean to conquer?"

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kat stayed silent for now, letting the talky people do the talking. Instead she glared at the curtains on each side. She tried to look for any irregularities, or anything she could see through the cloth. Maybe they were rubbing up against more minions? Maybe she could catch a flash of a lever or a bell, regardless, not like she had anything better to do until either they talked this half orc down or she got let off to try throwing the gate open.

Perception Roll:

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Laya looked the orc over, considering. "You're right. They've not told us much. But you've got a symbol like us. and your body tells the story. It's sort of a cliche that the body is more honest than the mind, but seems there is truth here. I'm sorry. It probably doesn't mean much from a storyteller, but it's clear to me you've been wronged. You've been wronged and just now you've been wronged again. I no longer doubt your honor. I apologise that I had before."

She frowns, looking at him, "But why do you want an army? You have it, you leave, but what then? One doesn't just make an army because they can. Who do you intend to fight? Who is it you mean to conquer?"
(Charisma roll: 2+bonus) The orc just shrugged. "Tis my personal business. I will settle the debt my past owes me."

Kat stayed silent for now, letting the talky people do the talking. Instead she glared at the curtains on each side. She tried to look for any irregularities, or anything she could see through the cloth. Maybe they were rubbing up against more minions? Maybe she could catch a flash of a lever or a bell, regardless, not like she had anything better to do until either they talked this half orc down or she got let off to try throwing the gate open.

Perception Roll:
Looking around, Kat saw something imperative. A woman, possibly of elf lineage, quickly moving from behind the throne of the orc and into the cover of the red curtains in a single movement.

Fmokou

Reputation score

Weiss was afraid that if they kept talking, kobolds and goblins would soon be upon them. They had to quickly act, before his minions could get reinforcement. She didn’t want to think about what would happen if things went wrong, before making any rash decision she asks what everyone saw, and Weiss tried to find something herself. After she learned about the woman standing behind the curtain, it was very likely the half-orc was just buying time. Maybe surrendering wouldn’t be so bad, there was no way they could defeat that many kobolds and goblins. However, instead of giving up, Weiss thought of a plan. If they could kill the leader before the goblins and kobolds came to help him, they could probably scare them away.

Since negotiations didn’t seem to go anywhere, Weiss decided it might be time to set her plan in motion. Weiss position herself so everyone could hear. ''Alright, here is what I want you to do. Kat, I want you, and if you need help, someone else open the portcullis, make sure you give it everything, understand?'' Weiss said in an unusual commanding tone. ''I want someone to push the throne in front of the entrance, so nobody can enter the room. I want one person guarding each curtain. Make sure to check if the woman behind the curtain is friend or foe.'' Weiss requested. ''Gribbles, I want you to run out of the entrance, and tell anyone that is moving this way, that we escaped into the forest.'' Weiss asks. ''When you open the portcullis, I will charge half-orc and make sure to keep him busy, while everyone else tries to do their job.'' Weiss looks at everyone to make sure they understand her plan. ''If everything goes wrong, and reinforcements immediately appear, we should all drop the plan, and try to down the leader as quick as possible.'' The normally shy Weiss looks completely serious, as she wasn’t going to let this guy get away with his awful deeds.

[Weiss readies herself, to charge the half-orc as soon as Kat opens the portcullis.]

Zilrax

Reputation score

"I'd say it matters a bit. Obviously you know something about what's happening with these chains. Even if you leave with your army, this isn't going to end here I imagine. Whoever just turned on you still is out there and is still interested in us, and probably our town. If we surrender to you and they get mowed down in our absence, it's not any better. And with dark forces like those, usually how it goes in these stories, they don't brook dissent or rivals. Chances are you run off with your army and they get what they're after, you won't be able to win or hide. So isn't it in your best interest ultimately to help us instead? Even if it might not be directly side by side if you're really truly scared of these chains.," offers Laya with a smile.

"Never too late to prove everyone else was wrong to doubt your integrity. Even if you won't do it for us, fully understandable we only just met, it makes sense for yourself. Any future conquerer needs to be ready to stomp any dark all conquering rivals or doomsday cults or rampaging dragons after all. Otherwise it's gonna be a short lived reign. So at minimum, arming us with the knowledge of our opponent we need to succeed against your rivals is in your best interest if you want to do a swoop in surprise while everyones weak sort of plot twist. It'd be a pretty good plot twist I think. Though I'm open to surprises."

(Persuasion! And screw it, I'm gonna inspire myself cus I can. Storybard is filled with DETERMINATION. 16+5+5 is 26.)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Xarkana The Vile

"Fascinating. But first.. Serve me with your dying breath! Grant me power with what remains of your soul!" Xarkana extended her hand, the kobold she had slain floating up by its chest, a line of purple energy floating back to her, seeming to energize Xarkana as she smirked a dark smirk. That kept her rather busy, so she listened to the others along the way.

"We don't have to charge. We don't have to open the cage you hide behind and infact, I think you are bluffing, trying to scare us off.. even if you had such a large army left, why not take down the general first." Xarkana informed, purple energies cascading around her. "The others don't seem to want to make this place your grave. As long as we are generous, its in your own best interest to give us a reason not to take you on."

(blegh, only 8 intimidate. Also, Xarkanas Dark blessing activates, 4 temporary hitpoints.)

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Katherine saw the half elf, and unlike Weiss she tried her hardest to keep anyone but Laya and Weiss speaking just loud enough for those two to hear for the moment. "There's a half elf in his room to. She's heading for the curtains. Not sure whose side she'said on. Seems free to move though."

She'd then move to whisper the same thing to her teifling and evil overlord companions for the moment. Rather hoping none of themy would go shouting it from the rooftops to the orc incase the girl was here to kill him.

Fmokou

Reputation score

Since nobody seemed to be on the same page as Weiss, she moved to the back, and sat down on the floor to stare into the cave. She might as well being doing something useful, and save her own ass if nobody was going to listen to her. If she noticed more than 12 goblins or Kobolds approach, she would attempt to hide from them. It wouldn’t go pretty if half their army came barging down on them from the back.

[Perception: , Preemptive stealth ]

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Gribbles nodded, and headed for the way they came. Weiss didn't seem to see anything.

The orc seemed to think about the bard's words. "So, you heard the conversation... But not enough of it, it would seem. I have no fear of being attacked by that woman. So... If only your words held water, then that sweet voice would be more than useless." he stated.

Laya informed him that his betrayer might take over that town and gain some advantage over him. He wonders what advantage his betrayer would gain that she didn't already have, and only from a single village. Laya's words do not make sense to him. +Difficulty

Laya tries to convince him to use his resources to aid her instead, sacrificing his own safety and army for the goal of simply turning on his master. His current lack of power comes to mind, and this plan seems foolish, and only good for her, not for him. ++Difficulty

Laya encourages him to turn the tide against his rivals further, but for reasons he mentioned, this is a plan he has yet to wish to take into motion. +Difficulty

Laya mentioned him doing this would work because it's a plot twist. The orc takes 1 damage from cringing painfully.

DC 35
"Your request is probably the most indirect way anyone has ever asked me to commit suicide." the orc stated.

The orc nods to Xarkana. "Lay down your weapons and I will lay down mine. I will say it again, I'm not going to surrender everything to you simply because you snarled or asked me to."

The orc grew impatient, the conversation wore on him
"Enough of this babble. Sound the alarm." he declared. That's right about when a solo entity made her move...

Xp earned thus far: 120
HP: 9

:
HP: 9/10
Trauma: 32 / 100

Weiss: Fine
HP: 11
AC: 18

Kat: Fine
HP: 15
AC: 15

Xarkana: Fine
HP: 10(+4)
AC: 13

: Corruption Level 1
HP: 1/11
AC: 16(13)

Grumash: Fine
5 Hobgoblins:

Vylyra goes to break the horn, and a hobgoblin tries to stop her!
Tohit: 6, she dodges, and breaks the horn with her weapon.

Grumash was prevented from summoning reinforcements
That's about when the girls saw an elf dart out from the curtains as a red hand tried to grab her. She had [whatever weapon aust took] and basic clothes on. Actually, it was a half-elf. Such things were sometimes hard to tell.

It also looked like she was in a lot of trouble, as the orc drew his handaxes in a flourish. "You... If only I had more time to teach you better than to do something so stupid." he scoffed at the elf. "Come out, and crush these idiotic girls."

When five hobgoblins emerged from the curtains, all holding longswords, it seemed to become clear that whoever the elf was, she was in a lot of danger.

For saving the heroes from an extremely dangerous situation, Vylyra is filled with INSPIRATION (It's a check box on your sheet, gives free advantage when consumed)
Initiative:
Grumash
Heroes
Hobgoblins

Grumash immediately seeks to subdue the escaped half-elf prisoner, so he comes in swinging!
2 hits: 13&14, Vylyra is struck twice! Vylyra takes 6+4=10 damage! Vylyra is heavily wounded!

The strike hits her so hard that Vylyra is sent reeling. Immediately, she felt ready to break under Grumash's overwhelming power.

Violation Save DC13, reference to rules in the first 1-3 posts for information. Roll any one stat to perform the associated action as listed in the rules.
Your Turn​

Last edited:

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With the elms sudden attack, breaking the horn and preventing the orc from summoning reinforcements, Kat sprang into action. Charging forward she tried tolift the gate and open it for the rest of the party to get through. The plight of the elf on the other side driving her to try her hardest.

(On phone so orokos isn't working. On phone roller gives.
STR (Athletics test) = 18+5-1 = 22
Believe that opens the gate for the rest of the party to act)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The dog girl opens the gate, holding it open for 1 turn. During this time, all attacks on her have an advantage and she gets no bonus AC from dex.