What's new

(Open to New Players) Dungeons and Depravity: Revenge of the Unchained

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: (Open) Dungeons and Depravity: Revenge of the Unchained

"Times are tough, I'm of the mind that if I can help ease the burden I will.," smiles Laya, taking a swig before pulling her lute down and moving and taking a seat somewhere prominent to begin to play and weave a few tales, getting a feel for the pulse of the crowd to know what themes to work towards to lighten their spirits. And hopefully help her later slide into conversations to help learn about the plight and details on whats going on around here.

(16+2 Insight to get a sense of what sort of stuff she should play. 14+5 performance to play for everyone)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Ah, thank you." Talia accepted the mug, tasting the beer before chugging it a bit. Sitting down at one of the tables, she let her gaze wander a little before settling on Laya as she watched the bard prepare her performance. Some music wouldn't be amiss, and as weird as her tales could get privately the tiefling would admit that some were rather entertaining. And if she managed to win over the crowd, maybe they'd be even more willing to part with some information on what was going on. They already knew the gist of it, but a local's perspective would provide details they'd otherwise miss.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

[Laya gathers that something akin to an irish lute will fit the urban and poor lifestyle that these folk possess, to cheer them up.]

Laya plays a very good tune, the mood of the tavern improves as all patrons focus on her and seem to move to her music. Then, the barman came to thank them. "Quite talent you all got 'ere. I suppose that makes sense, given 'ose tattoos you all 'ave. Hero borne, eh? 'erd the king knight was lookin' fer ya. He said he was gonna join wit the hero borne and slay the forces of darkness wit 'em. Dunno how he plans on succeeding there. But I suppose that's your business. He's runnin' a military state now as it is. Majority of tax payer money is goin' to the town guard. People are in such a need for cash that they end up joinin' the guard too, only makin' the military force 'een bigger." he stated. "On one hand, he's hated because of the taxes, but on the other, he's praised for sacrificing his personal wealth for the military protection. Both an angel and devil he seems. I make enough to get by despite it all, thanks to my success as it were."

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kat would slowly drink at her beer as she watched everyone else. The girl was quite obviously distinctly nervous in this place. Too many people nearby, and too much needing to be polite and talk things out for her. Her tail twisting in agitation behind her. The guy incharge here sounded more like he was well intentioned if a bit extreme in his methods more then anything else.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Huh. So he's given up his own funds for this effort as well?"Well that painted him in a slightly different light for the ranger. He wasn't as totally authoritarian as she thought he was but it was still an interesting conundrum. All the tax money goes to the military, people join the military and thus it gets bigger and thus requires more money and the people in it get more money as well. But if everyone's a soldier, then whose going to plow the fields and fix the roads and bridges and tke care of various other day to day tasks that make a city function. "Though it seems strange he's using his guards to find us. Seems a tad overagressive. I understand the urgency and all, but it still strikes me as odd.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Could be he's overzealous." Talia mused. Left unsaid was the fact that he could very well be desperate. The policy of raising taxes and spending most of the money on armed forces was, in the long run, unsustainable. And that was not the only issue with such aggressive militarization. After all, armies had to have something to do. While the gnolls were certain to provide a workout, sooner or later that sword had to be turned against new targets once the old ones were removed or sheathed. Before it became a double-edged blade. "Though yes, all this begs the question: what is he planning?" The sorceress glanced at the barman. "For how long has this been going on?"

Fmokou

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

''Hmph, this attire is necessary to protect the peace of others. I know that my church usually doesn’t condone violence, but I personally cannot stand by and watch others suffer, just because I’m required to stay peaceful.'' Weiss explained to Quincy, it’s true that most of her church would condemn her for using violence, but Weiss had her own morals, that she held in higher regard then the morals of her church.

''He’s probably just doing what he think is correct, and I’d rather look around first before judging him. The sage probably warned us that he will force us to into his army, if he’s given the chance, and I for one am not too excited to listen blindly to a warmongering hero, even if his intentions are just.'' Weiss said. ''Although, I highly doubt we can avoid detection if they have guards looking that aggressively for heroes, besides, even if they weren’t looking very aggressively, we quite stick out from the crowd.'' Weiss said, before sitting down at the bar, and looking around at the patrons. ''In the worst case scenario, he will force us to join his army, and there will be little we can do about it, unless we break the law and invoke his wrath. As I highly doubt he will break his own law, in fear of the main kingdom’s retribution.'' Weiss said, hoping that the barman could shine some light on the situation inside the city. ''I’m also curious about what type of person he used to be, before he instituted martial law.'' Weiss asked.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That's the thing," the barman said. "He was always a very outspoken fellow. His father was a former King of this place, and a well known paladin to right. Trained his son in the ways o' war, and now his son wants to be like 'is dad. Minus the paladin part. I think he is hero borne too. He saw to the protection of this place himself, even going wit' war bands to smite bandits and corrupt undergrounds that formed in tha city. Never subtle, always a loud person. People knew he was doin' his justice when they'd hear 'im screaming at his enemies. Cuz of that, this place became infamous for that which the foul do not tread. Since this man, the moment he gets scent, will chase neer doers to the ends of the earth." he chuckled. "And not a single story of misunderstanding either. Once he had proof he goes crazy. So he didn't become known as the man who killed the wrong person. He was too meticulous with killin' the actual bad guys. He considers himself a knight and protector more than king, or so he says."

As he finished saying that, the whole tavern went silent as a loud, deep voice seemed to shout so hard that the whole city could hear it. "COME BACK YA BASTARDS, I'LL KILL ZE LOT OF YOU!!!"

"Speak o' the devil..." the barman said.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"...Right, so definitely overzealous." Talia sighed, shaking her head. "And you were not fucking kidding. He's got a nice set of lungs, that's for sure." She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. If he was that loud at a distance, then up close he had to be deafening. Though... If he really took his time to investigate thoroughly and didn't misjudge people, then perhaps his blunt methods could be somewhat excused, as far as hammering evildoers went at least. In terms of country management, he could probably use some moderation. "So..." The sorceress glanced at the rest of the party. "Do you think we should let him finish that one first? Whatever - or rather, whoever - he's dealing with now?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Quincy rose an eyebrow. "You mean to approach him directly? That's bold, when we're worried about his mental disposition." she said. "I say, why not? We'll approach him in unusual circumstances. It might gain us a more favorable result than us being caught off guard by him or under his own orchestrations."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Ideally, I'd prefer not having anything to do with him at all, given the problems we're likely to have." Talia grimaced. "But that's an ideal situation that's not bloody likely to occur. Which is why we're better of making sure the encounter happens on our terms. Right now we have a chance, question is whether we go and find him while he's hunting or after he's done. What do you girls say?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I say we go get im!" Quincy declared with a raised hand.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"With all that noise, I would hope he's in an accommodating mood. If not, this'll be an interesting encounter." The ranger stood from her seat and would wait for the others. "If no one goes out there soon, I'll go myself."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

"Doing something like this is akin to making the decision for us all." Talia pointed out, finishing her ale. After all, if the knight met the ranger he'd likely push to meet the rest of the group as well. Still, she stood up as well. "Though it'll be an interesting encounter either way, I wager."

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Laya listened to all of what's going on, before shrugging with a smile as she wrote down notes.

"I guess we're going to go see what he's up to. Might I suggest you all wear gloves or do something about all of... That there? Might be wise not to tip our hands too much."

She stretched a bit and got up to start walking. "I'm curious to see if he's still as the stories say. He's not acting particularly erroneously. Perhaps a little callously but he's not intentionally making things hard I suspect. Still, we should get a proper feel. We've the people's take, now let's size up our man. And maybe find out what the gnolls are up to and if they've somehow managed to slip into the city. We saw what our opponents power made of previous people. Who knows what the gnolls have themselves now."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Following the roar and following sounds of intense battle, all the women would hear is resounding clangs of a heavy blade striking stone, wood, and stone again. Approaching the scene, they'd round the corner of a currently widely clear district that seemed to circulate around the river. The various folk that be seemed to vacate the area due to the nuisance. Or they were hiding inside their homes.

Once past the corner, they saw a wooden carriage in the road packed with foot and coin contained in leather bags, as well as a couple simply dressed farm girls with torn clothing, who were being helped free by an intimidating figure dressed in full armor. Around the carriage were six bodies of the slain, all of various races. Two half-orcs, a half-elf, and three humans. Each had a massive gash in their torso that seemed to match the massive halberd the man carried. Once he turned, the girls could .

"What iz ziz?" the man inquired. "I pray zat you are merely lost wanderers or tourists, and not hapless women marching zese parts." he spoke with a bizarre accent. "Eizer way, you lot should leave. Tis not safe here. Safer, indeed, but not safe." he said. The measure Laya took to hide the chains working to an extent, as their odd collection made him think them tourists to the city.

[Quincy tried to use her Charisma to gain his interest]

"Hey, mister knight, can we ask a few questions?" she requested, trying to look cute and attractive.

[3+3=6 failed]

"No." he replied flatly, stoically reflecting her allure back at her.

Fmokou

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Weiss followed Laya’s advice and put on some silken gloves before they left the tavern behind in search of the man that was screaming. Once they caught up with the ruckus, Weiss was somewhat surprised to see the scene in front of her, she assumed a city heavily militarized like this one, would’ve almost no incidents like these. Weiss was also surprised by the ruler going out and fighting crime himself, he really looked more like a warrior then a king in this scene, and looking at the several slain criminals, he didn’t look like someone to mess around with.

''Thank you for your concern sir knight, but I think we’re perfectly capable to take care of ourselves, so there’s no need to worry.'' Weiss explained with a small bow to show her gratitude. ''And for what we’re doing here, as a priestess of Eldath, I’m simply here to help the unfortunate and maintain peace within these lands, and don’t worry, I don’t believe in the debauchery my fellow brothers and sisters do. The others are simply kind women that have agreed to protect me along my travels, and as you can see, I’m quite blessed to have found such capable friends.'' Weiss explained.

''Forgive my friend’s uncouth behavior, but she’s just excited to be in the presence of such a capable knight, and we’d really appreciate it if you could tell us more about yourself and this city. You see, I’ve lived my entire live in a small village, and I’d be eternally grateful if you could answer our questions. However, I understand if you don’t have any time to waste on us, you probably have better things to do then answering questions.'' Weiss said politely.

[ Using work together to get +3 on the roll from Quincy.]

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The armored warrior made a hum with his throat. "I see you are persistent. You may ask, as long as you do not mind following." he declared.

"Perfect!" Quincy chirped. "So, mister knight-"

"Waldemar Muller." he interrupted. "zat iz my name."

Quincy blinked. "Mister Knight Muller, I guess the first question would be, how do you feel about taxing the people."

He sighed. "If you are with ze press, I regret zis immediately... I feel zat I do what I must, to keep zem alive and not prisoners of evil. If zat means zey are less comfortable during zat time, so be it. Zey must weather... The Storm." he said 'the' correctly.

Quincy hummed. "What are you gonna do about the gnolls?"

"Kill zem." he replied flatly.

"After that?"

"Establish a border and lower taxes when zere is less need for military presence. Are you actually with ze press?" he inquired.

"Nope, but we do have good reason for asking. I'm out of questions anyway~" Quincy shrugged.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Some time passed, and Quincy looked this way and that way. The silence was a bit deafening. So, she decided to break the silence. "So, are you... Hero born?"

"It depends on who iz asking." he replied.

Quincy seemed to sweat a bit. She folded her arms behind her back and clasped her hands together behind her butt. "... Um... We were actually thinking... Wouldn't it be great to work with the Hero Borne to defeat the gnolls?" she revealed.

That's when Muller whipped his head around. "Iz zat zo?" he inquired with great interest. "I could always use more soldiers! Ze more we have to slay those canine beasts, ze better! I humbly accept your offer to join me. I was going to attack their foul nest next week, once I've called in some patrols to launch a massive attack force. I'd be honored to see you there."

Quincy lifted her arms up in front of them and clapped them together, awkwardly looking back at her comrades. "Thaaat's... Great! Right guys?" she looked back, her eyes seemed desperate. As if she was thinking... Someone... ANYONE... Say something...!

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Sorta forcing the situation, aren't you Quincy?"The ranger sighed realizing there was little to be gained by continuing this avoidance or hiding, so she would no longer hide her hands or arms under her cloak, showing her mark. "Vylyra Colegwyn. Ranger and daughter of Sigfried and Sylfina Colegwyn."