(OOC) DND Unchained Chat

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: (OOC) DnD: Unchained Out of Character Chat

Plot in 1 minute is that the PC is born from a set of adventurers that sealed the bad guy away. The adventurers both gave birth to/sired children of willing and unwilling origin alike. Some managed to make a normal family, others might have been a woman who was violated by something like an orc along the way, and gave birth to a half orc child. Either way, children that they decided to raise they marked the symbol of a chain bound to itself in the infinity symbol to mark them as the heroes who would seal the bad guy away a second time when the seal would inevitably fail.

The heroes so far learned that there are some who have a similar chain, but it's a broken chain. And Laya just learned that minions of this "Unchained" person have a very unique interaction with her "Chained" tattoo.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also I didn't know this was obvious but some spells require components to use. I thought you had to use the components but someone said it's often GM's say you don't need them? I'm of a mind to say you do need them, since some spells can be pretty OP and being able to cast them on a whim is pretty crazy. I'm willing to hear your thoughts though.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, that depends? I mean, trivial components (those without a listed cost) can be ignored if the character has a focus or component pouch anyway, so they don't really matter most of the time. Non-trivial ones... I don't know. They are there to keep certain spells from being spammable and for a good reason from what I've seen. So keep them, maybe?

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not going to be casting, but in general I'm used to the idea that the spellcaster just has a 'components bag' on them that lets them pull out all trivial components, and when you want/need to cast a bigger spell it's just a 'subtract the gold from your money when you use it' kinda idea.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

^ exactly why I like being a fighting class.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Or a warlock. Either way, if you are a spell caster you either build to just be 'I have spells' and ignore the pouch and flavour of spellcasting, or you actually devote yourself to it, I feel a rising urge to make a warlock that does a devotion to the craft for a change, I mean.. hey, its that or do a half goblin something and go completely insane. ^^

My problem is not that I have too few character ideas but too many.. hrmnn..

I feel like you most could use a warlock for consistent, ranged, high damage output, am I wrong?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I feel like they need direction, the poor lost puppies.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I feel like they need direction, the poor lost puppies.
Sadly you can't easily come late and play a leader character, though I'd definitly not struggle at that (you just need someone that points the direction, even if the direction isn't always the best).

Anyway. That settles it, writing an LE confident charismatic 'Evil gets the job done' leader type. gimme a short. ^^

Edit:
Alright, can I do variant human to grab spellsniper and write my sheet up here? Unsuprisingly the orcpub thing is inadequate for building purposes.

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Mythweavers is a good alternative. And there's a thread for character sheets.

And I don't think this group can be lead. Could be wrong, but I'm not seeing it.

And I WOULD have some decent ranged damage IF I DIDN'T get FUCKED OVER BY THE DICE!

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mythweavers is a good alternative. And there's a thread for character sheets.

And I don't think this group can be lead. Could be wrong, but I'm not seeing it.

And I WOULD have some decent ranged damage IF I DIDN'T get FUCKED OVER BY THE DICE!
I like to write my sheets by hand. I feel like those creation websites always bug things out. and.. Well, every group can be lead.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Saw character, only worried about party splits. If the party does split beyond my control I will only follow a half I favor and the other half will poof away. So make sure you guys play nice.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Saw character, only worried about party splits. If the party does split beyond my control I will only follow a half I favor and the other half will poof away. So make sure you guys play nice.
Well thats a bit extreme, that said I set my character up as an ebil leader to perhaps provide some positive impetus. So, if my character will do, where do I intro from? ^^

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After this fight I'll probably have her be found all tied up and about to have been used by the kobolds for sex before the heroes came along. She will also have a tattoo.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We have to open a closet door

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's the third Louis I found in a closet. Was this city populated by clones of Louis?

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

It's because of the pharmaceutical obsession america has. Pills everywhere.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Toxic, do your attack! So we can see if the kobolds ignore all sense of self preservation and keep trying to jump Laya more. :p

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After this fight I'll probably have her be found all tied up and about to have been used by the kobolds for sex before the heroes came along. She will also have a tattoo.
Heh, I feared that'd be it. Starting with a corruption hit too? At least lemme grab equal xp to the rest of the party for having offscreen downed kobolds as well before being captured. Oh and if someone could pm me when I'm up so I don't miss it that'd be swell.

It's because of the pharmaceutical obsession america has. Pills everywhere.
You have that?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's coming up right now, and yes everyone gets shared xp. I'll announce when everyone levels up since I'm tracking xp. You can also gain corruption if you want, just let me know if you want it, and if it was willing or unwilling.

And yes, America loves drugs. Pills are little pellets of heaven to us. Wait, did you say weed? OH MY GOD NO, WE'RE NOT SAVAGE

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

When I said meet their ends, it means I forcibly break them in half and then fold them until they're ass to mouth