What's new

(OOC) DND Unchained Chat

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: (OOC) DnD: Unchained Out of Character Chat

Yo, RJ. Is getting past the portcullis equal to going into melee immediately, or does it leave room for ranged attacks? Also, can Talia do so from her position and still attack?

Also, can we see what other equipment besides longsword the hobs are wearing? Or well, do they have metal armor? Kind of important for me, in case I need to use Shocking Grasp.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

by the by, if at all possible Xarkana would stay behind the portcullis, I imagine she can blast through the metal bars.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Enemies will get an AC bonus if you do that, though. You'll have a hard time hitting anything.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Enemies will get an AC bonus if you do that, though. You'll have a hard time hitting anything.
If I didn't have the Spell sniper feat they would, yes. The name gives away what it does. ^^

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, that one. Blast away, I guess. I may need to move inside, I figure Shield and origin AC bonus might help me stay fighting even if I get attacked, at least.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also got to say, is it just me or is the HP buffer in 5e absolutely terrible at least this early on. Even our tankiest characters can only reliably take 2 hits right now ( Kat might be able to push that to 4 or 5 just cause rage gives half damage to lots of things.

Edit: Also RJ I put up my myth weavers sheet with the correct AC (15 with dexter bonus, 14 without can we change the 11 she has listed in the Battlestats already cause don't want her getting blasted if it was like a 11-14 roll)

Last edited:

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

That's been universally true in dnd across editions. It's true for them too.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amusing to me is that, through dark blessing, the Warlock ment to be glass cannon has a good chance at being the second best tank, currently sitting at 14 hp and 'healing' if taking down others.

That said, we are 1st level. We are not powerful, makes sense we go squish in a strike or two.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I know I'm gonna get asked. Yes, Kat can drop the gate and act in the same turn. Dropping the gate is a free action.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You have indeed predicted the question I thought to ask just as I'm 5 minutes from falling asleep in bed either way time for another phone post :p

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Ugh, my fucking rolls. It's like the dice are trolling me. First I dealt shit damage, now I can't hit.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ugh, my fucking rolls. It's like the dice are trolling me. First I dealt shit damage, now I can't hit.
Its worse if you roll great damage but miss, because then you feel like the effort has gone to waste. ^^

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't bother rolling damage here, no way I am gonna land a strike with just 9 on To Hit. Even advantage from metal armor on enemies isn't helping. If anything, second roll was worse.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Unrelatedly, its so much fun playing evil every once in a while. ^^

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry bout that. I usually type while I'm reading along, and I got distracted and entered before I finished reading.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*chuckles* I can understand why the group struggles with cohesion, its not that there isn't a cohesive goal or a lack of a leader, infact theres more than one person with a leadership personality. Having none is bad for rp as no one guides along, but having .. I count four is an issue too, as all try to nudge the rp into a certain course of action, failing that struggle for dominance. Not unusual in big groups, but if none back down it is usually the wisest to split them up, if possible.

The fact of the matter is that any approach would work. Weiss', Xarkanas, Kats or Kieras, as the beauty of D&D is that a skilled DM can adjust the adventure to Good, Evil, Hackey Slashy or stealthy respectively, but the issue is that I've so far observed all of the leaders clashing, One pushes for diplomacy, one for preemptive strikes, one for direct confrontation and one for cautious approaches and all tug on the edges knotting the campaign together. It'd be best to reduce this to two leader types at best if none back down, for example, Weiss and Kat, with Weiss doing the talkies and Kat jumping in when it fails.

I can easily replace Xarkana with a less straight forwards leader type, I did pick her primarly because I though there would be a group cohesion problem for a lack of a leader, (though also because she as LE can easily stress-test a group), but unless something gives, focusing not exacerbating numbers would be the best sollution.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Personally I'm figuring there is going to be a long strategy talk after they are done with the orc and his minions. As it is Kat is I'd probably put Kat more toward a neutral approach. She didn't want to just go slash the shit out of the boss first, but now that they are there she sees no point to not slashing him to bits.

We're going to have to pick someone to be the leader and stick with it going in the future. But should save that for IC.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Incidentally I'm normally the leader type as well, I'm making a conscious effort NOT to be it for once. It might even work for once, since most times I do so I end up having to due to there not being one then.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, not saying you or anyone is pushy or anything to be clear here, I just came in late, purposefully picked a character that could lead well but also would clash to observe what Mamono pointed out, and other than a knee jerk reaction with the drunk goblin the issue is more on the partyside and strategy.

For example, at this point, Xarkana doesn't even know the name of more than two of you, and one of those was by observation, only Weiss actually introduced herself as who she is and what she can do.. now if that was crucial IC information for surviving the next encounter at a latter stage of the game, we could be in srs trouble.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

From my perspective, everyone knows what they want, and really want it to go that way, but they either don't know how to make it go that way at all or they just dont' put forth the effort to do it.

I asked Aust if he wanted to have his appearance with Vylyra be in such a way that he can save the party from being wiped on the first boss by busting the alarm horn, because the total assault on the portcullis would have ended less than well.