What's new

'Pokemon Adventure' OOC Thread

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Post any out of character questions, ideas, or concerns about Hoenn Adventure.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: OOC Thread

Question; How 'indepth' will the Pokemon aspect of this be? Will our Pokemon have abilities (Overgrowth, Torrent, Blaze etc...) and varying strengths in attacks?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Question; How 'indepth' will the Pokemon aspect of this be? Will our Pokemon have abilities (Overgrowth, Torrent, Blaze etc...) and varying strengths in attacks?
Yes, abilities and attacks will be as they are in the games, except aspects like power and stats will be relative, and "stat" boosts will have a cool-down period, so they can carry over into other battles.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Do we choose the ability for our starter should they have access to more than one or will you be choosing the ability?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do we choose the ability for our starter should they have access to more than one or will you be choosing the ability?
Eh, I'll let you choose your starter's abilities, and egg moves if you got your pokemon from an egg.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Is the Dream World ability available? Just curious, as Shuckle's Dream World ability doesn't work well for him, but other characters might find it useful. What about moves only gained through the Dream World?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is the Dream World ability available? Just curious, as Shuckle's Dream World ability doesn't work well for him, but other characters might find it useful. What about moves only gained through the Dream World?
No Dream World abilities or moves.

Also, keep in mind that the gym leaders will all be equally strong as opposed to the earlier gym leaders being very weak.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, I'll be making different threads for each team of trainers, but first, I'll need to know who will be travelling with who. So far I know that Occam's character and SirOni's characters will be travelling together.

shadearion

Truffles and/or Peaches
Reputation score

This explains my position:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Kiyo will be travelling with Kiko iggy.

Also I just noticed the way our names are one might think we are related or something :p

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Kiyo will be travelling with Kiko iggy.
Maybe... Dealing with some personal things right now. But unless anyone wants to get wet or go cross-country, I think we'll all be sticking in a rough group until we get to Rustboro anyway when the path splits, depending on speeds of course.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm willing to group up with pretty much whoever, though I'm probably going to wind up being a third wheel in all these pairs. That's fine by me if it's fine with whoever i wind up with though.

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Darn beat me to it. Also wouldn't be easier to manage 3 groups of 3.

Last edited:

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well. Everyone's more or less paired up. Syl's the only one without a group. And I don't like making these kinds of decisions. So here's what I think. The first people to approach the girl and ask her if she wants to come along will be whoever Syl will travel with.

I'll do a post shortly.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, ninja'da few times, that what i get for trying to respond to four different RP's in their own tabs, all at once. Sure, we can pair up, though I would like to be in the group of 3. Is there anyone that would care to join us?

EDIT: bedtime now, i will check in the morning. Night night!

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, here's something that will make you all cum. Well, whenever you beat a gym leader, it unlocks a secondary usage for th corresponding HM. The first usage of the HM is to infinitely teach the pokemon the battle technique stored on it. But after you beat the gym leader, any pokemon that knows the corresponding battle technique, will be able to use that technique outside of battle. But here's the awesome part. After beating the gym leader, you can use the HM's secondary ability to teach the HM to a pokemon JUST to be used outside of battle without taking up one of your four battle techniques in your pokemon's movepool. So theorhetically, if you've beaten all of the gym leaders, and your pokemon could learn all of the HMs, you could have it be able to use all the HMs outside of battle, while having a completely different battle movepool.