What's new

Terran Mind (Syl & Ridley's Adventure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
And so Syl and Ridley decided to set out on their journey together.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Terran Mind (Syl & Ridley's Adventure)

As Syl and Ridley embarked on their adventure to Rustboro City, Syl took care not to get into situations that would put her or her Ralts into any danger. Ralts didn't have any offensive moves yet, so it would be hard to train her without any help. Despite her attempts, they often found themselves still venturing around in tall grass since it was sometimes the only option they had. Climbing the small ledges often made Syl tired, would only slow them down.

As Syl walked, she spoke to her travelling companion, "Ridley, was it? What is your reason for becoming a Pokemon Trainer?"

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*Ridley turned to Syl and smiled.

"I decided to become a trainer to learn about pokemon and research them, in addition to developing a strong team of Pokemon to help me along the way."

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"I see. Not all that different from me, then," Syl coughed, continuing to walk through the grass.

Rynne was in Syl's arms, staring forward using the little red horn on her head to detect any pokemon. Emotions were typically present in living beings, so if there was a wild pokemon (or people) nearby, Rynne would sense them. Syl grinned and stroked Rynne's head as she continued to walk, "Good idea, Rynne," Syl said gently before beginning to survey their surroundings.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The two travellers surveyed their surroundings. Behind them, they saw the peaceful town of Littleroot. In front of them, they saw a winding path of trees and tall grass, lined with tall ledges. The tall grass masked the Pokemon that were skittering about within the grass. According to the Pokenav, they were a few miles away from Oldale Town. The sun was still low in the horizon, and they had many hours of daylight ahead of them.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"So Ridley, how did you and your Vulpix meet?" Syl looked back at Ridley, inquiring about the two's histories.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ridley talked as they walked with Syl through the peaceful scenery.

"Well, when I was younger, my parents found me a Pokemon egg for my birthday. It was a very exciting moment in my life, getting my very first Pokemon. I made sure to care for it every second of every day. But then, one day, it hatched into a beautiful Vulpix. Flare and I have been close friends ever since."

Flare rubbed affectionately against Ridley's leg.

"Vul... pix~!"

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"That sounds great. Rynne was born from an egg, too. I found her egg defenseless in the forest, so I picked her up and took her home. My parents said I should keep the egg, and it hatched into a Ralts. We've been together ever since. Isn't that right Rynne...?" Syl looked at Rynne and smiled gently and weakly.

The Ralts looked up at her with a smile of reminiscence. It was filled with both happiness and sadness at the same time.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ridley smiled as him and Syl continued travelling alongside her. He stopped once they made it to a large expanse of tall grass.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Hmn...?" Syl looked at the vast field of tall grass and then to Ridley, "Are you gonna try and catch a pokemon? Or maybe train?"

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Well, we're going to need to go through this grass if we're ever planning on making it to Oldale Town. It's either that or we climb up ledges."

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Climbing the ledges would be easier..but...I kinda can't do it too much," Syl said timidly. She sighed and looked at the tall grass, "I suppose we have no choice. Maybe we can find some trainign for you, Rynne. So you can learn Confusion..."

"Ralts...," Rynne said feebly.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Okay."

Ridley sets off into the tall grass. Keeping an eye on their surroundings. But suddenly, two Poochyena's appeared in front of the two trainers. Flare reflexively positioned herself in between Ridley and the attacking Pokemon.

"Syl! I could use your help here!"

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Right," Syl said she sent Rynne beside Ridley's Flare. She blinked gently and looked at the two Poochyena in front of them. She took out her Pokedex and pointed it to the four-legged pokemon.

Code:
Poochyena, the Bite Pokemon.
It savagely threatens foes with bared fangs. 
It chases after fleeing targets tenaciously. 
It turns tail and runs, however, if the foe 
strikes back.
"Poochyena. Alright. Rynne'll support Flare, Ridley. She can confuse them," Syl said to her partner, Ridley.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ridley got the data on the Poochyena as well and nodded to Syl.

"Flare! Use Ember on the one closest to Rynne!"

Vulpix nodded, "Vul!"

Vulpix breathed small embers at the Poochyena doing alot of damage.

[Rynne has the next speed priority over the Poochyenas]

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Alright. Rynne, use Confuse Ray on the other Poochyena," Syl pointed to the intended target. Rynne's red horn slowly glowed and shot out a glowing purple beam toward the Poochyena. The beam engulfed the Poochyena before dissipating.

Did it work...?

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Poochyena that was attacked first, used Tackle on Flare. Flare was hit for a bit of damage. The second Poochyena was confused, but it took aim for the Ralts and used Tackle. A CRITICAL HIT!!! The first Poochyena fainted as its companion finished him off in its confusion. Flare hit the remaining Poochyena with an Ember, inflicting it with a burn.

Last edited:

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Good job, Rynne. Now use Confuse Ray on that Poochyena," Syl coughed a bit. Rynne's red horn once again glowed and shot a purple beam at the Poochyena, engulfing it just like it did the other one. After a while, the beam vanished into little crackles of purple glows around the Poochyena.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Confuse Ray didn't work seeing as the Poochyena was already confused. The remaining Poochyena tried to Tackle Rynne... and hit its target successfully!.

"Flare! Finish it off!"

"Vulpix!"

Flare finished off the Poochyena off with a shower of embers. The remaining Poochyena fainted, giving Flare and Rynne a decent amount of battle experience.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"Ralts!" Rynne yelled out as it was knocked back a bit due to the Poochyena's tackle. Syl frowned gently before kneeling down and reaching into her bag, pulling out a small potion and spraying it on Syl's little wound.

"There, you did a great job, Rynne. Here...," Syl said happily as she pulled out a few berries and feeding them to her.

"Ralts!" the pokemon said as it munched happily on the berries, raising its little arms in joy as it jumped into Syl's arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.