Past (Deleted) Events

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Space and Battle Thread (Milky Way)

Thor received the packet, and his eyes narrowed in disbelief. What followed next was a sting of alien language over the radio back to Veda, likely Asgard being that was Thor's species, and he didn't sound happy.

"Ven thrak enos vembrah nentak visht undra ekno vrentahk."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Shadow Wind dropped in system at the gate, and Toryn hails those there. "Anything major happening here?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For a brief moment, all Toryn hears on the radio is the tail end of Thor's speaking out loud, then Talok comes on the radio.

"This is Talok, not much here except we got a sub-space message from Veda that contained an image of what Thor has described as an airplane flying in space. Sending you the packet now."

A few moments later, the image of what Veda had captured came onto Toryn's screen.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Um...Okay...That's odd." Talok, and possibly the others would hear Toryn muttering quietly for a bit, then he spoke up again. "Earth aircraft, USAF F-15 Eagle. Not spaceflight capable. And then..."

The way he trailed off seemed to indicate that Toryn had caught something else. This was likely confirmed by a sudden comment. "The hell?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Talok's reply came almost immediately. "I don't like the sound of that question. What is it?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The audio clip...There's an ultra-dense fractal algorithmic compression matrix on it. One not too dissimilar to the security coding on my armor."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was a moment of silence before Talok responded. "So maybe belonging to the same race that created your original armor?"

It was a question, obviously since the wraith had no way of knowing if Toryn had made that armor himself, or found it.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I suppose that it could be another entity like the Warden...I'm going to try to see if I can figure out what this is..."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well if that's the case it probably isn't friendly or up to any good given how fast she said it peeled out of there. Anyway, things have been quiet here since Siphon went through, not so much as a peep yet. Can't help but wonder how long THAT will last though."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yeah...I wouldn't read too much into whatever it was running. If it was on a surveying missi..." Toryn's reply is suddenly cut off as another voice comes across the channel. If Veda's hearing this, she'd recognize it.

"He ran like that because that's what that coward does when he gets surprised. He runs. And Toryn's correct, that transmission was just an intercepted resource surveying report. Going by that, there isn't likely to be any problems there. Not enough resources for them." The Warden seems somewhat amused during the first part of his mini-speech, although his tone shifts to a more serious one as he tells what the message was.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ah, well let us pray they don't hit a system worth interesting and prove to be another fight waiting, the Draque are bad enough. I'm guessing your the Warden Toryn mentioned?"

Thor also spoke up this time. "Agreed on all sentiments, and I too am curious if this is the Warden. If so, greetings from the Asgard."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Correct. And Asgard...Haven't heard that in sometime. Since...Well, since about the time of the Ark's crash."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was another string of Asgard language on the radio, impossible to dechiper what they meant, or why they were being spoken.

Talok on the other hand spoke his mind. "What ark? What's this all about?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"A...civil war, I believe the correct term is, has been raging on the planet of my origin for...Well, almost as long as I can remember, now. Some time back, a more peaceful-minded group of my kind fled the planet. They were attacked, and crashed on what was a relatively uninhabited planet. Only about four or five years ago, contact was reestablished with them. The war had gone into a lull in the intervening years, and I think that things may be in a 'planning' stage at the moment."

Toryn suddenly hopped back on the channel. "Uh...Do we know if Thor's going to have any problems if he keeps ranting like that?"

Last edited:

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Warden (Ship Thread)

After a deal of work, Toryn took the two armor suits, and the partially completed third one, with him, and left for the gate.

Before he left, though, he modified the marking on the one door to read "Shitcan".

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Peltas Five Space Station (Milky Way Galaxy)

Toryn leaned forward in the chair he was sitting in and groaned, resting his face in his hands.

During the past year, the Sangraal development had hit a snag, and the Warden had suggested accessing a super-computer known as Vector Sigma on his homeworld. What the Warden had neglected to tell anyone was that the key that was the simplest means of accessing it was lost, and he had to directly link his power matrix to the computer's to activate it...Sacrificing himself. Topping the loss of a long-time companion was the rampant headaches that came from the results of the computer's activation...It downloading itself into his mind.

At least his lungs were finally healed. That had happened shortly after his last armor suit was completed...Only a month before the Warden's sacrifice. Still, something had come up, so he was sitting here, waiting to find out what.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Off in a corner, Ixackael appeared, leaning against a wall, his wrap completely concealing his neural strands and face as he began to think of what had happened.

During the past two years, he had been running errands for Prelate Zeratul, as well as bringing bits and pieces of Alveran technology back to his tribe, as well as finally receiving his cloaking generator, although it could only be activated for short periods of time..

He had also used his own skill and a bit of Alveran technology to give him a set of "ears" so he could hear everything, making him that much more capable of a hunter.

And yet here he stands, anxiously thinking as he looked over the human in the chair, sensing anguish in his groans and body movements, debating whether or not to assist him, and deciding against it, but making a mental note to keep his eye on the man.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho moved slowly through the corridor of the station, still uncertain how she felt about the place. When she was surrounded on all sides by metal and terminals, it was easy to forget that she wasn't on the ground. Or even on Earth any longer, for that matter. The place was big enough that she didn't feel all that contained, but now and then, she'd just start feeling antsy. It was during those times she sought out the places she liked the best: ones where someone could observe the expanse of space beyond the confines of the station. Looking out at the stars gave her a sense of peace, even if she knew they weren't just stars any longer.

Of course, for the longest time, she'd known that, but being here helped cement that fact. Everything still seemed rather unreal, but all the things that she'd seen so far, all the things that had happened...

"It's almost time, Hok'Taur. All the preparation you've been going through for me. We've one last step and you'll finally be a suitable host."

Fixtures in the room began rattling, some of the smaller items actually taking off and slamming into walls from the force of the wind that kicked up. Nirti looked unamused and suddenly a sharp pain raced directly to a spot at the base of Sho's skull.

"That will be quite enough of that. I'm also looking forward to the end of your blatant disregard for my property." Moving out of Sho's line of sight, there was the all too familiar whine of the device powering up. Thankfully, not long after that happened, she'd black out, only having the goa'uld's gloating to clue her in on what had been done.

A low rumbling sound. That was new. The same sound grew louder, engulfing the mechanical noises around her. Finally, the sound a third time, no mistaking the explosion that it was for anything else now. Even over the fading rumble, she was certain she heard a scream, then the pain came back, white hot, completely overwhelming her senses, and the scream she heard next was her own.

"Sho? Sho, wake up. Wake up, please."

"Don't wanna." It felt like someone had driven a railroad spike through her skull, right behind her eyes.

"Thank the Ancients," she heard close to her ear. The voice sounded familiar. Wrapped in cotton and underwater, but it sounded familiar.

"Si--?" Against her better judgement, she blinked open her eyes, taking in the man that was currently holding her in his arms. A relieved smile came to his lips as he gazed down at her.

And everything exploded again.

All of a sudden, she was seeing herself, but through someone else's eyes. For as battered and bruised as she was, having not been the perfect houseguest for Nirti, whoever was looking at her, she got the distinct impression she looked nothing short of a goddess, or an angel, or a...

Blinking rapidly, Siphon's face finally came into focus for her blurry eyes.

What just happened? That was myself I just saw, but that's impossible, isn't it? She doesn't have that kind of ability and I'm nowhere near advanced enough to--"

"You're making my head hurt. Stop it." She reached up and pressed a finger to his lips before realizing they hadn't moved.

"I think I did." Siphon answered the question she'd been thinking, which, well, answered her question.

"What happened to me?"

"I'm not wholly sure, love. But don't worry. We'll figure it out."

What had happened was that the two of them now shared a psychic connection. It took some time getting used to and there were still aspects of it that she didn't fully understand, but what gave her the most comfort was that if she got bored or lost on the station, she could always seek Siphon out, something she was currently debating on whether she wanted to or not.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She wouldn't need to, as the Kara once more exploded out of hyper-space not far from the station. Moments later, Siphon had beamed in right next to her, the familiar hum of the Alveran beam audible.

"Hey, you alright? Still thinking about that hell huh? She's dead, she won't be hurting you or anyone ever again."

Siphon wasn't one for attacking without provocation, and he disliked having to attack female enemies. However, everyone who knew what had happened that day knew fully well he was capable of single handedly shredding armies if he had to. He'd had to fight through a ton of Nirrti's soldiers, killing every last one that stood in his way before tearing through the thin walls surrounding the experimental chamber. It had taken them both some time to realize what had truly happened, and that because he had entered the chamber before it deactivated, tossing caution away for concern over her, he too had been changed slightly. In honesty, he'd flashed back to that day more times than he wanted to admit, having though he was going to lose her as well.

It had been two years since the experiment they'd tried regarding new modeled Z.P.M's had backfired, seemingly killing his then wife Daina. What he knew for certain was that there had been no body, largely due to the fact the entire solar system had been vaporized on explosion. He also knew that the mental link they'd once shared, a product of her Asari gentics had been shattered, painfully. He could only assume that meant she was now dead with no hope of return, or that she was forever lost in a place he would never reach. He'd returned to Earth, seeking a friend to talk with, and had ended up at Sho's door. He wasn't sure when the two of them had started getting close romantically, only that they had, and it didn't feel wrong to either of them.

Then six months ago news of Nirrti's expiriments had flooded in. They hadn't been able to find her, at least not until Nirrti had been foolish enough to take Sho as her prisoner. Siphon had done a lot of things he wasn't proud of, that he'd buried away deeply in order to find her, not the least being that one particular Jaffa of hers ....

Well, enough with that thought, it hadn't been pretty, but it was time to move on.

"So ... you want anything to eat or drink before we head into that meeting? We've got a small amount of time."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Still surprises me every time you do that. Even when I know you're going to," she laughs, slipping her arms around him and giving him a kiss as a greeting. "And I know she is, but my mind wanders. Yours does, too, sometimes." Though Siphon was a bit better at keeping her out of his head than she was with him. Of course, she didn't need their link to know whenever his thoughts strayed to Daina. It never bothered her, though. She'd been...his world and when she was taken away...She did her best not to think of the day he'd shown up at her door. He didn't need hit with that right now.

"Food sounds good. I'd hate to have my stomach growling during the meeting." She grinned. "Might scare Talok."