Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United Kingdom (London, and the Sanctuary Included)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: United Kingdom (London, and the Sanctuary Included)

"Agreed, this is not something the two of us can likely take down alone, not if it just took down all these people and is still walking about."

Grabbing the case, he carefully closed it, even as the sound drew closer. Suddenly, with little warning, part of the ground back the way they had come exploded upward, as a large insectoid type creature with scythe like fore-arms erupted out of the new hole. It's carapace showed signs of bullet wounds, and some kind of burn marks, yet the creature didn't even seem fazed by it. Turning towards them, it stared right at them, loudly hissing as it studied them, perhaps gauging the best way to attack.

As he backed closer to Douglas, Declan whispered, "it has no eyes at all unlike normal insectoid abnormals. This one must remain underground most of it's life, probably senses either vibration from movement or has a heat sensing organ, either way, it may as well be able to see us. Arms like those, I think we found what carved up those soldiers earlier, and it looks like whatever killed these guys tried messing with our bug here, and lost."
    And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Comment

Douglas continued to slowly back up, clearly still planning to run.

"Might be best to talk once we're somewhere it can't kill us. Fortunately I doubt it can swim."

At a word from Declan, he was ready to turn and bolt for the water.

((Not sure exactly how close to the water they are - safe to assume Douglas will go horse if they've got a bit of a run, and he'd let Declan ride.))
      WARNING: 80% of the above is strictly for my own entertainment.

Comment

((Probably now within thirty five feet or so.))

"I have to agree, we need backup, and I doubt it will give us time to call for it."

As he spoke, he was already moving.

The bug let out a high pitched wail, arms coming up as it charged towards them, it's intent pretty clear.
        And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Comment

Douglas whirled around and broke into a run, his body still trailing black mist behind him. Upon reaching the water his body exploded into a slick looking cloud of the stuff, before coalescing into the form of a horse. His movement seemed uninhibited by the water as he made his way further out.

As soon as Douglas was deep enough he underwent a second change, his hindquarters reforming into a fishlike tail and fins appearing on his head, spine and forelimbs. He now stopped and waited for Declan, ready to swim the two of them away.
          WARNING: 80% of the above is strictly for my own entertainment.

Comment

Declan made his jump into the water, making his way towards Douglas.

The bug however, went only a few feet into the water before stopping, letting out what sounded like a frustrated screech, before it abruptly turned around and went back to the shore. From there it simply stared out at them, seeming to dislike the water enough as to be kept at bay by it.

As he reached Douglas, Declan paused.

"Hmm, it doesn't seem to like the water. I just hope that it just hates water and not for some other reason."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X