What's new

Atlantis (Space and City Side)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Atlantis (Space and City Side)

"Quite a few folks, actually. More than I could probably remember the names for." She chuckles a little. "Though the one you'll probably deal with the most is Colonel Grant. Thankfully, a lot of the personnel at least have their last names on their uniforms, so that'll help. I'll make sure that someone's with you if I can't be, just to help fill in some of the gaps if you need it."

"Ah'll check it out. Send Shoni in if she's not too distracted, chasin' Zale aroun'. Othahwise, Ah'll see what me and the doc can come up with." He gives the colonel a wave that might also pass as a two-fingered salute as he heads toward the holo chamber.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Colonel nodded, allowing Ian to move on his way. Soon enough he'd found the holographic interface room, and upon entering, Dr. Rivers greeted him warmly. He'd barely met her before, but she clearly seemed to remember him from the brief time spent on the Antarctic outpost almost two years ago (The disease part did happen still there from the previous run through, just a heads up).

"Hello again Ian. Come to play file digger and investigator with me again?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((You're gonna have to refresh me. It's been a long while since I've watched the show. Considering doing it again, but CB doesn't like too much sci with the fi.))

"Yeah, Doc. Colonel says ya found somethin' interestin'. Well, new interestin'. Unusual." He chuckles. "Right figure just about any find around here falls under 'interestin'."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Meant from the previous run through of this RP, some events DID happen, others no. Essentially, they found a Lantean woman buried in the ice of Antarctica, she revived but carried the plague that may have wiped out the Ancients, they all survived it, but the woman didn't. Ian would have met Dr. Samantha Rivers at that base there.))

She laughed, clearly amused.

"Pretty much anything we discover is exciting true, but this ... This takes the cake so far. I've found an entire program that seems to have been written just before the city was abandoned, but it's in English from the looks of the program code. I did just find something else out though that's very peculiar, I was just about to report it actually. I took the liberty of trying to access portions of the file's beginning, to see if there's some kind of glitch. It's ... it's a program specifically addressed to you."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ian cants his head to the side. "Me?" His brow furrows a bit. "Ah can't fathom why but, well, let's heah it, Ah guess."

((If we're taking portions from the previous games, I have some idea, though that involved one of the portals, so I don't know if I'm thinking the same thing or not, heh.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Portal thing was different, what I'm referencing would have been on the Earth thread in the Arctic.))

Samantha shrugged slightly, having no clue, but she pressed the button for the program anyway. Almost immediately the lights dimmed, and the holographic image of a stunningly attractive brunette woman dressed in Lantean attire appeared. For a moment she was silent, and then when she spoke, it was surprisingly in English.

"Hello. This message is for Ian Montrose, though whomever finds this message, please get it to him, and make use of any information you can out of here. You may or may not have met me yet, so I will introduce myself in the event this message comes to you in a time before we met. My name is Alana Mimbrevoshka. By now you've obviously found Atlantis, where you'll discover much of our technology. You will also discover some of my people's secrets, some quite terrible. None more so however than the existence of the Klarnell, and the anomalies. My time to record this is limited, so I have enclosed a data packet that should at least give you a chance against them, your numbers are greater than ours were. I ... I wish to thank you before I depart. If not for you ... I would have never returned back to Atlantis, and you'd never have had a warning until far too late. I wish I could give you a better explanation, but I fear I don't have the time, we are evacuating back to Soltarus. I only hope the data I have enclosed will be of more use to you and your people than it was to our own. Good luck."

The image suddenly winked out, and the lights came back on. Moments after they did, Samantha let out a low whistle.

"There's a lot of information here. Several thousand pages of information. This is going to take a while to translate all of it. Anyway ... so who was she to you?"

((Ian has NOT met her yet, just an FYI))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, Ah'd certainly remember a name like that." 'Name' he says, given the hologram. "But doesn't ring any bells. Personally, Ah'd start searchin' that data fer the Klahnell before focusin' on anythin' else. Hope that thing comes with a control-eff function." He chuckles. "And Ah'm goin' ta have ta keep an eye out fer a meetin' with a talk, dark stranger it seems," his remark playing off the old fortune telling trope.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Samantha shrugged.

"Guess that'll be an interesting encounter if and when it does happen. You'll have the advantage anyway of recognizing her. I wonder if it has anything to do with those anomaly things the rumor mill was stirring around."

She seemed to drift back into her work, several images popping up on her console of what seemed like ships or star charts.

((Leaving it up to Ian to reply to her, or bow out to talk to the Colonel.))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Maybe. Though from the sound of things, wasn't exactly a stroll in the pahk. Ah'd better keep an eye out fer trouble in the futuah." Unless there is anything she wants his help with, given research is slightly his bag, though not his forte, he'll report back to the colonel, mostly with the warning that they might have to worry about one of the anomalies sometime in the near future.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Samantha was completely lost in whatever it was she was reading, leaving Ian to return to the Colonel.

He'd find him in the control center still, though he seemed to be looking at one of the display screens and hadn't noticed Ian yet.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ian knows better than to startle a military man, so he'll wait for an opportune time to cut in. "Might have a report of trouble brewin'," he'll inform the colonel, relaying to him what they managed to glean out of the message. "Don't know who the sheila is, but Ah've got a feelin' we'll eventually find out."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Grant frowned at the news.

"Another time traveling Ancient? As if Janus' crap wasn't bad enough. That name though ... I seem to recall seeing in one of the archives somewhere about her being one of the high ranking members of Atlantis before it was abandoned. It seems odd she'd break one of the laws she helped to create to govern their science's, but if this enemy came from the future like Aya has told us before, it might explain her feeling the need to do so. It's a shame we don't know more about how this meeting happens, but we do know one thing. She goes back to her time in the end, otherwise that message couldn't have been left."

Another frown as he checked the screen again.

"We've got a few internal sensors down in one of the formerly flooded parts of the city. Been getting some strange sensor ghosts in a couple out by the far western portion. Sent a team down there but so far they haven't found anything. Actually, now that I think of it, they just missed their check in while we were talking."

He grabbed his radio, pressing the button and speaking into it.

"Grant to Millstar, what's your status?"

The only response however was a burst of static, and some kind of odd sound, almost like a warbling noise.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Because of course they did," Ian mutters quietly. "Suppose you haven't got too many ta spare for a retrieval crew, have ya? Like havin' someone watch mah beck and vice-versa. Ah'd ask Sho along but if it's cramped, she won't like it."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Grant paused a moment then nodded.

"Take the three soldiers over by the exit doors with you."

Speaking up he hollered across the room, "Johnson, Vickers and Renyolds, you're with him. Millstar's team isn't responding, we've got interference in the lines. Make sure they haven't gotten themselves hurt or something, or turned on some doomsday device."

Turning back to Ian he added, "If Sho's willing to go take her, halls shouldn't be too crowded, though she may not want to leave her sister right now."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Right, then. Here's hopin' we're not headin' fer that clandestine meetin', eh? Ah trust these boys know where ta go?" He'll shoulder his bag and will wait for the colonel's okay before heading off. "Yeah, best she sticks with her. Nevah know what might pop up in the meantime."

He'll fill the soldiers in on what they heard when the colonel tried to radio the other team. "They might'a woke somethin' up. Didn't sound like a tickin' bomb ta me on the other end."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Grant just nodded to him as the Soldiers fell in line with Ian.

One of the three, Johnson, shook his head.

"Doubtful they woke something up, that woman, what's her name ... Aya, she was the only one sleeping here when we found the city. But ... they might have activated something by accident that jammed the signal."

((I figure I'll let Ian reply to that before moving them into the right area.))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Didn't sound like the signal was jammed, but then, not rightly sure what we heard on th' othah end. Lead on. Ya know where they were last."

((Point of note: Ian is fully expecting trouble.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nodding once, the three soldiers took off with Ian in tow. Making use of one of the 'transport' hubs, they made their way near the last known position of Millstar's group. Soon enough they had arrived at the spot, only to discover what appeared to be blood on the wall, and some kind of claw markings on the wall.

Johnson let loose a sigh as he turned back to Ian.

"Guess I owe you an apology, looks like maybe they woke something up after all. Something hungry from the looks of this."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Or just plain mean. Don't know which is worse. Best let the colonel know before we head in. Just in case. That, and it'll give us an idea of whethah or not the radio silence was this," there's a slight incline toward the smear, "or somethin' else." He sighs. "Sho misses all the fun stuff."

He'll undo the zat he usually keeps at his belt, making sure that's ready for use. Granted, if anything does lunge at them, they're going to get teke'd into a wall, but always good to have a weapon handy, too.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Johnson nodded, withdrawing his radio.

Again though, all they got was the strange warbling sound, though as it came up, Vickers snapped his head up.

"That's some kind of interference on the carrier waves itself. Something down here is either putting out a high magnetic field, or jamming signals in some other way."

Renyolds meanwhile had moved around one of the other corners into a different hallway, sweeping the area once they'd found the blood. It was now they would hear him call out with a bit of surprise in his voice.

"Hey guys? What the hell is this thing?"

When they came around the corner, they'd spot something that might be a bit familiar to Ian.

An anomaly. Golden glow with white shards of glass seeming to swirl inside of it, smaller than the one on the planet they'd fought Mirvik on, but still the same thing otherwise. And hadn't Sivok said something about that anomaly having an unusually strong magnetic field on the planet?