This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOC Comments and General Discussion Thread

This is where all OOC Comments, General Discussion and the like should take place. Basically, anything that is NOT a character sheet being submitted for approval, or In Character posting should go in this thread.
    And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Re: OOC Comments and General Discussion Thread

your copy-paste to the approved thread missed out on my picture link, Dear
    Spoiler

Comment

I've currently got my ship written up, and a skeleton list of the significant crew. Should be able to finish it tomorow, but can't be certain due to my father flying in from out of country to visit for a week. Will be a little more distracted during the day time than normal.

Ellisia (a character Siphon is familiar with) will be my main player character I think, but are there any guidelines on extra crew? Just seeing as no one else has included any named extras yet. '-'

Also as a small tip, if you hit "quote" before copying Siphon, and remove the quote tags to copy the text that way instead, you'll be able to retain any formating, links and spoiler boxes people add to their sheets without having to add it again yourself. Tis handy.
      ~ Right turn, wrong universe ~

Unknown Squid is the property of Nunu

Comment

If the crew of the ship isn't going to be really used for actual major interaction basic names and whatnot should suffice. If you plan to have say your Tactical Officer port down to open a can of whoop-ass on some aliens though yeah he or she will need an appropriate sheet.

Also, good to know, and I'll try to fix that now Shrike.
        And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Comment

Seems to have worked! \
          Spoiler

Comment

And we are officially LIVE!

sigpic

Comment

So we can post now, right? I can post and stuff and things? And objects.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, you are allowed to. I can't remember Suri if we made a decision on if your character was already part of the alliance or not, so leaving that there to you.

sigpic

Comment

I posted that Syilvia will need an entry point into it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah OK. Yeah I've got an idea on her. Several people will have the same it seems.

sigpic

Comment

Couple of quick questions: One, I want to be sure I'm reading the timeline correctly. Ian's on the station as well, yes? Given what we talked about, Siphon? Might need a few more background details on that if I'm giving any sort of report.

Two: I'd like to know how we handle characters that we know (Coraxus, Ellisia) but given that this is a "picking it up again" thing, I treated Ellisia as though Sho were meeting her for the first time, but I'd imagine she knows Coraxus. I know it won't be too much of an issue with the newcoming PCs but just trying to keep things straight for RP purposes.
                      Behold my mighty dragons! (And help them grow!)
                      While you're at it, click here for boobies.
                      Help Unlock the Sexy spider lady
                      You know your movie is in trouble when Sean Connery in a wedding dress is the least silly thing about it.
                      Can someone please explain to me why there are 122 stories for PONG on ff.net?

Comment

Ian would be on the station most likely yes, and yeah I think Sho would know Elissia since Siphon does. Basically if it's a returning character they should know each other, just as Sho would know Talok or Sivok.

sigpic

Comment

True, though the impression I was getting from Squid was that the Etherians weren't around all that much. What say I leave it up to Squid? If we know each other, I know he's a good enough RPer to keep going in the time it'll take me to go back and edit the conversation to something more familiar. Otherwise, we'll keep things as they are.

And good to know about Ian. I'll drop him in sometime later.
                          Behold my mighty dragons! (And help them grow!)
                          While you're at it, click here for boobies.
                          Help Unlock the Sexy spider lady
                          You know your movie is in trouble when Sean Connery in a wedding dress is the least silly thing about it.
                          Can someone please explain to me why there are 122 stories for PONG on ff.net?

Comment

Works for me. Squid and I had something worked out with Siphon so I know where that stands. Squid, I shall leave the others up to you on that.

sigpic

Comment

I wasn't certain about that myself actually. I was generally assuming that they were the same characters as met during SBS, just that they'd not seen each other for a long time. I adjusted Ellisia's age according to the additional years on Sho and Ian, which seemed to fit well enough.

Though having not taken part in the previous sci-fi splinter games I am at a loss for what took part in those. Thus I've just assumed the same for Ellisia and friends (them not being present then that is, they'd still know the gist of overall events probably), spare writing them in for that small "off screen" summary. You'll have to throw me a tip if you think there's anything I should or need to know.
                              Last edited by Unknown Squid; 23rd May 2012, 22:39.
                              ~ Right turn, wrong universe ~

Unknown Squid is the property of Nunu

Comment

Working...
                              X