What's new

Milky Way Galaxy (Space Itself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Milky Way Galaxy (Space Itself)

The woman listened to the explanation patiently, nodding along. “Maybe they'd be more inclined to the safer approach if they knew. Would be easier to fight them if we had access to the same tech.“ she answered.

“As for moving the ship, all systems seem functional and i do have control. Give me a destination and warn your compatriots, and we‘ll be on our way.“ Alberik added calmly.

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nodded once more to the both of them.

"Agreed, and the coordinates will be three seven four by two one nine. The planet in question has a joint Ingrali and Alveran facility there, small, out of the way and in no way directly connected to either race's main strong points. I am relaying our message now, and putting ahead a message for them to expect us. It is unlikely the Klarnell know our language yet, considering we barely use it around other species. However, just in case, I'm encrypting it so that only the intended party can actually decode it."

After a short pause he added, "message sent, we're good to go. My own ship will meet us there, and then we will return to check out the other point of interest."

((You and I should talk some time to hash things out with that one!))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alberik nodded once Draven gave him the go-ahead, manipulating the ships controls and sending them off towards their destination.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a moment, the ship smoothly made it's hyper-drive jump, and they were on their way.

While they were travelling, Draven turned to Ariana and spoke.

"Earlier you seemed somewhat ... uncomfortable with the region of space we'll be heading to next. May I ask what it is that had you unsettled?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

“It‘s the regeion of space we came from previously. Alberik was created there.“ she answered, then paused, cnsidering where best to start.

“The area of space had four... you could call them contries, i suppose. When i came across the area, it was a decade or so after a rather large war, things were tense, but there was peace at least.“

“The sector had these relics and ruins scattered about. We knew it was some ancient alien civilization, but everything was so old and decrepit that everyone knew they were long gone. As you can imagine, we were wrong, or it wouldn‘t make much of a story.“

“Some expedition from Rheinland woke them up. Parasitic creatures, not too different in function to the Goauld i suppose. They had most of Rheinland under their sway before anyone began to suspect a thing. By then, Rheinland had begun another war, and provoked aborder dispute between Kusari and Bretonnia on the far end of the sector. Their plan was to make us waste lives and resources killing each other, then swoop in and finish the job with their own ships.“

“There was some resistance, a few who had either figured it out, or had avoided becoming hosts themselves and escaped. My first encounter with them was on some spaceport. I was flying a cargo ship at the time. I felt the malice and alien intelligence coming from this guy at tthe station bar, and i freaked out. Completely blew any chance i had at flying under their radar, before i even knew they existed. Killed that one in a gunfight, had to flee from reinforcements. They‘d have shot me down, but i got saved by a random mercenary wing, felt my odds were too unfair, so they jumped in for some fun.“

The woman took a breath, then shrugged. “Suppose you aren‘t after the life story though, right? Basically, we wound up killing those aliens, helped save the sector and all that,but i always felt it was too easy at the end. Nevermind that i had made a few human enemies by the time i had left.“

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven considered things for a moment, then slowly he spoke.

"Well, see this is where things might get awkward. We did a sensor sweep of that area only six months ago. We found no trace the system was, or ever had been inhabited by any civilization at all. No life, no ruins or anything. Did they have some form of cloaking technology that could have hidden themselves from our normal scans?"

((Yes, I have an idea now. I bet you can guess!))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

“Yes. They had cloaking technology we never figured how to pierce. All their stuff was biotech, even after, we didnt even know where to start.“ she answered, looking a little pale.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven didn't seem pleased to hear this.

"That isn't good then. These creatures then, they may have completely take over the system and hidden things from our scans. That debris field most likely is a set up then. Still, it seems elaborate to set a trap like that for a system that barely sees any traffic as it were. Now, as we investigated this ship, I came to a realization. If you recall, earlier I mentioned the system was devoid of all life, and showed no signs of any colonies ever having existed there. Unless these cloaks are to blame, I believe I know why we couldn't find anything."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm all ears. Any explanation you come up with would be loads better than finding out there's still Nomads around, trust me." Ariana answers quickly, still sounding tense.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nodded slowly.

"After searching up information through this ship, I realized it was possible we traveled back in time when we did our scans. It sounds odd, but if our ship dropped out of hyper-space on top of an anomaly, we'd never have detected it. The hyper-space radiation would have masked it completely, making it invisible to our sensors for some time. I believe the ship that scanned this area, as well as my own, may have transversed an anomaly, then returned through it without ever realizing we had. If so, it is possible it led back to a time before even the Ancients arrived."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, I like that option. How do we doublecheck it?" Ariana answered.

"It should be possible, and I believe which option will become clear when we arrive at the location, or shortly after. We are nearing the outpost, as well." Alberik interjected, remaining at the console.

"Fair enough. Make sure the Falcon's ready to fight if it's the worse news."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nodded slowly.

"I'm guessing you've downloaded enough information from what you can translate there Alberik to be able to find a way of detecting the magnetic frequency the anomaly leaves even after it closes? If so then yes, it will be extremely easy to determine if one had opened there recently. As for the station, let me get us situated and then we'll get going. Talk amongst yourselves and figure out how you want to proceed while I get this part done."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yes, it shouldn't be a problem, considering the specs I have for the scanner systems we'll be using." The AI confirms, giving a short nod.

"Seems like it's a pretty simple matter. Once we get there, we scan for your time paradox. If there isn't one, chances are we'll find out very shortly if there's Nomads in the area. If there is, we kill them all. And I'm sorry, but there isn't much that can be done for the hosts, either."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nodded slowly.

"From what you have explained to me, I would agree the hosts are lost. I highly doubt the Tokra's extraction methods would work on something like that."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ariana gave a curt nod in response, her expression darkening momentarily, though she remained silent.

A moment later, the FTl drives spun down, depositing them at their destination. "We've arrived." Alberik stated calmly, sending the outpost the standard greeting and maneuvering the ship as they directed, when they answered.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a few moments, Alberik got docking instructions for the outpost from another Ingrali, who's name was definitely nowhere near as easy to pronounce as Draven's was. In fact, it didn't even sound like anything remotely resembling a language, though it was hard considering their species wasn't exactly well mapped out.

In short order they would be ready to go, at which point Draven would beam them to his ship. Once he was ready, he turned to Ariana and Alberik.

"Do you have any suggested drop out points in the area you wanted to look in on?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Might be best to drop out where you folks last tried. Though if you've got a star chart, I could point out a few areas that we could likely spot activity without causing a stir ourselves. Hmm... How good is the radiation shielding on this ship?" Ariana replied, pondering herself at the last question. "What do you think, Al? Omega 41 messes with everyone's scanners, but these should do better than most, if nothing else. Worse happens, could go for a run in the Falcon, check things out. Would get glances for an ancient design most likely, but at least it'd be local."

"Seems the correct route to take, should the first stop prove uninformative."

Last edited:
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As if in answer, a large star chart appeared in mid air as Draven pressed a couple of buttons on his console. He seemed to snort at her question, though it was hard to tell.

"Short of flying into a star, the shields can handle almost all radiation with ease. They have to since hyper-space gives off radiation as well, and not a friendly type if you catch my meaning. Without those shields, hyper-space would kill us all."

He paused for a moment, then input a few corrections before making the hyper-space jump.

"We'll drop out a distance away from where our initial scout ship went. I want the radiation cloud from the hyper-space window to dissapate before we get near that spot, just in case it can block our sensor readings of an anomaly. Alberik, you should have enough information on our sensor systems, are any adjustments needed to check, compared to what the Klarnell ship had?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Double post FTFW!))

After some time, the Al-Sora arrived at the designated location, and sure enough, a single Stargate sat in space, ready and waiting.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Arriving at the destination the Stargate waited for them as promised. There was little more to do than dial the gate, and open up a communications channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.