This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Milky Way Galaxy (Space Itself)

I doubt the living brains have too much to do with the overall process. The way I was kicked out, it felt like a death. Not really sure how much they use of the brains thoughts and memories. That much technology, not really sure why they'd need bodies at all." She said, shrugging. "Where'd you put us? If we can get close enough to the core systems, I should be able to broadcast a warning from my ship, if here still using the same systems."
    Spoiler

Comment

Draven nodded.

"Just point me in the right direction. I set a course for as far away from that cube as possible, but we can alter course at any time. Right now we're leaving the system."

He paused for a moment, then added, "you do realize though that they may be able to track your transmission and might come towards us though right?"
      And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Comment

"It's a point-to-point system, very little bleed out." Al explained, moving back to the controls himself. "I'll bring us to the badlands, as we discussed. Ariana, you should go prep the ship."

"Yeah, makes sense." She answered, headed down in that direction.

((Figured I'd let Draven decide which one to stick around with, hehe.))
        Spoiler

Comment

((He's not leaving his ship lmao.))

"Very well. Good luck then. I'll keep an active lock on you and be ready to act if it seems like there might be trouble."

Draven seemed content to allow Al to handle the flight path, particularly since, as he had pointed out earlier, they knew this region better than he did. Nevertheless, he kept busy with other consoles, inputting information. A quick glimpse here and there might give the impression he was running simulations, and not all for the same thing.
          And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Comment

((Eh, could have chatted in the bay or something.))

Alberik worked in silence, plotting their course and setting off. He spared some attention to peek in on what Draven was doing. Simulations, looked like.

Ariana found her way to the bay easily enough, hopping into her ship and starting to fire up its systems, hands flying with the ease of someone long practiced.

When they entered realspace again, Draven noted they were in a purple nebula of some sort, dark and thick. Visual range was almost nothing, proven when the android deftly maneuvered them around a sharply angled asteroid that seemed to come out of nowhere before coming to a stop. Sensors weren't much better either, with reduced range and sensor echoes pinging frequently.

"You're in the clear. Launch when ready." He broadcast down to her. "Got it, launching now."

Leaving the bay, Ariana's smaller ship had no trouble missing the asteroids hidden in the nebula, making her way towards the dim glow of the system's star.

((Gotta find some time to chat before I can post much more than that.))
            Spoiler

Comment

As Ariana set out to make her 'broadcast', Draven continued to work on simulations. Without sparing much of a glance over, he spoke to Al.

"Would you plug in everything you know about the nebula? Gravitation eddies, pockets of ionized or explosive gases, the works. I need as much info for these simulations as I can get."

He'd leave the door open if Al wanted to ask what kind of simulations, but at the moment, Draven wasn't offering up anything, which probably meant he still wasn't sure whatever he was thinking was feasible.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X