What's new

Milky Way Galaxy (Space Itself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Milky Way Galaxy (Space Itself)

Ariana stayed silent for the most part, nodding along so they would know she was paying attention. She spoke up at that last comment, though. "What was the city's original purpose, might I ask? Seems a rather inconvenient place to put it."

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

After several moments of notifying everyone and having them return to the ship in groups as they finished up with the Vorian relief effort, Syilvia returned to the Saerif to tell everyone of what she had discovered. Upon telling them that there was a strong possibility that they weren't in the same universe or even dimension as their own. Many of her crew were baffled, and at first didn't believe her. However, the pensive look on Syilvia's face had them rethink their disbelief. Syilvia looked to Syri for some sort of guidance or enlightenment. He was one of the brightest on the ship, so he might know something.

After a long moment of deliberation, Syri spoke, "There is a chance that we may have been pulled into this dimension. By who or what, it's difficult to really determine that. What I would like to believe...is that we ended up here for a reason. From what we've seen, this Milky Way is somewhat similar to the Milky Way we know. The only difference being that the Pangalactic Federation aren't here. I'm almost certain that the other powers of our Milky Way aren't here as well. The Vendeeni, the Quark, the Sylphs...." Syri paused for a while to gather his words. "I say we follow these people to this Siphon. It...might be better than that vacation we were planning, anyway. Wouldn't the rest of you think that?"

The crew, surprisingly, all complied. They liked this strange idea of inter-dimensional travelling, and meeting new people that they may never encounter. So, with everyone agreeing, Syilvia's smile formed again. She took her place a the elevated center of her bridge, "Patch me through to Sivok. We're going with them!"

With that, Sivok received a message from Syilvia, "My crew and I have decided to accompany you to see this Sivok on Atlantis. We are ready when you are."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thor turned to Ariana.

"Atlantis was the central point of the Ancient's civilization. It is more than a simple city, it is also an inter-galactic space craft. At the time it was constructed and flown to away from this galaxy, it was more advanced than anything even we had technologically. About ten thousand years or so ago, the Ancients suddenly returned through the stargates, seemingly having left behind their city in a mass evacuation. The majority of them ascended before we could return to this galaxy and aid them, and the few that didn't secluded themselves or lived out their lives amongst the first forming human civilizations. They spread the story of Atlantis amongst those people, but until now no one has ever found anything to indicate where Atlantis might be. As for why the Ancients returned so suddenly, we do not know. We can only assume they came across something even more advanced than they were, and that they couldn't win. That alone gives me pause to worry. We do not know why they returned, but if it were an enemy ... Could it still be out there?"

After a moment, the Draque appeared on her screen.

"I am transmitting the coordinates for a large Space Station to you, that will be our first stop. We will match speed with you to arrive at the same time, and I shall inform Peltas Five we will be there shortly."

((Not entirely certain how fast her ship can travel, so the Scalerious might actually end up there before her despite attempting to match speeds. After you reply, I'll post an arrival for them at Peltas Five.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The woman nodded at the explanation. "I think I recall something of some legends myself, my last stop must have been one of those cultures you mentioned. I'll tag along, if it's no trouble. Sounds like quite the interesting place."

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jortis was quiet as he looked around the room for something that wasn't there. "So. I need... Alright, I know my plan, which is apparently find Siphon after getting my ship upgraded. Ok then. If we're coming up on the station, please oblige me by sending me to my own ship. See you on the station Ariana?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The woman nods again, offering Jortis a smile. "Sure thing. Thanks for the help, I heard you did a wonderful job. I'll try and return the favour if we have time while we're there." She replied.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Don't worry about it, Passed the time and was more fun then work." Jortis said conversationally as he waited for either a trip back to his own ship, or a refusal to do so from Thor, leaning against a wall. Well, this was going to be interesting.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Receiving the coordinates, she blinked and nodded, "We've received the coordinates and are now on our way. We'll meet you there." She turns off the communications link.

"Alright, we have the coordinates. Put us en route to that space station," she announces to the bridge. Shortly afterward, an automated message is sent through the entire ship warning that the ship is about to be en route to the station. As soon as the necessary work is finished, the Saerif is moving.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thor nodded, asking Ariana "do you wish to be transported to your own ship as well? We should reach the station in five minutes."

Once he had recieved an answer, he would transport Jortis to his ship, and then Ariana if she elected as such.

A quick acknowledgement came from the Scalerious, and then it jumped into hyperspace moments before the Saerif did.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The tall woman gave a short nod. "If you please. I don't have much to do from the sounds of it, but five minutes to check up would do me well." She replied, tensing slightly as the unfamiliar sensation of the teleport washed over her.

Finding herself exactly where she had been when she was teleported out of the ship, Ariana gave a short sigh. Rhian stood above the nearest projector, hands crossed over the grip on his staff, watching her and waiting patiently.

"Alright, five minutes, talk to me." She said after drawing in another breath, heading down to the cargo hold to grab a juice box-like package full of a nutrient paste, sucking on it while she listened, moving around the ship.

"Jortis was very helpful." Rhian answered quickly, rehashing his earlier explanation. "Structural damage and accompanying wiring has been repaired. The man has a gift for wiring, and updated a large prtion of the other wiring as well. Overall response time both for your controls and my redundancies has notably improved, the ship is running at almost brand-new capabilities."

"Very good, that should help if we have to deal with another firefight with ships that fire shots bigger than we are. Where did I leave the grav-clamp, come to think of it? Not deep sleeping anytime soon, I'm guessing, so we should get the Sunslayers back out of secure and get them loaded again. Should let us surprise the next moon-sized ship that decides to come after us."

"Cargo bay, halfway down the second row, bottom crate on the right side. I'll start booting the launcher systems. You aren't expecting trouble at the station, are you?" Rhian's image changed from projector to projector as Ariana wandered the ship, sometimes moving in the middle of his sentence so he could maintain the same volume.

"I don't think so, no." She answered, leaving the now-empty box in a small bin in the living area of the cargo bay as she passed by. "Just sounds like we're in something of an active zone, and I don't want to be caught without next time."

She found the tool easily enough, latching it onto the crate of torpedos and causing the box to lift slightly. She led it easily around to where it needed to be, the crate connecting to the loading mechanism so they could be fed directly. "Time?" She asked aloud.

"About thirty seconds left, give or take reasonable precautions that five minutes is not an exact ETA."

"Well, better than I thought." Ariana answered with a chuckle, walking over to sit at the chair in the living space, waiting for either a transmission or another teleport.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jortis found himself standing inside of his own ship again, taking a moment to realize he'd been transported there. The Asgard transporter system was fast, so fast that unless you'd had time to get used to it, you probably wouldn't even realize it at first until you noticed your surroundings had changed.

Likewise, Ariana soon enough found herself on her ship again.

After a few minutes, there was the sudden surge of deceleration as the Asgard ship dropped out of hyper-space. Several more minutes passed before both would hear Thor speak.

"Ariana and Jortis, this is Thor. We have arrived at Peltas Five, and you both are able to transport over whenever you wish. As I suspected, Siphon has already left for Atlantis, apparently a rebel wraith fleet is also on it's way there and they could not afford to wait. The hive you encountered earlier was by our guess, also a rebel hive, one likely only just reactivated."

((When they are ready I will move this to Peltas Five thread, this just seemed appropriate in this case as they aren't actually inside yet, and since I didn't want to double post just yet. Hoping Suri will get one in :p ))

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aboard his own ship and with good information firmly in hand, Jortis breathed a slight sigh of relief and, not wasting any time, opened up the hailing frequency for the station port authority, asking for permission to dock as well as giving his ships personal identification, which amounted to a name and a simple number, as well as denoting it's class so the PA would know what they were allowing entry.

Although not overeager to spend his time amongst other races he simply didn't even know existed, Jortis' curiosity outweighed his cautiousness and he made his way to docking with controlled haste, wishing to see with his own eyes what this place was like, and of course to gather information. There were always jobs for those willing to ship... Unspecified... Cargo, and Jortis would need resources, no matter how badly he wanted to avoid getting into trouble with anyone.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ariana glanced around from her seat in the cargo area, the image of the AI beside her nodding to let her know the comm channel was still open.

"Thank you Thor. Do I need to fly my ship between hangers, or were you planning on a repeat performance from earlier?" She replied. She'd leave it to Rhian if manual control was necessary, waiting until the ship was safely docked before opening the back hatch and stepping out onto the station proper, looking around with curiosity.

((Ready to move over whenever, yep.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a long moment, Thor replied.

"I can transport your ship into the station hangar now, that has been cleared. However you should know I will be departing shortly, it appears my ship may be needed elsewhere."

A few moments later, Ariana and her ship were beamed out and into the station.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Beliskner emerged from hyper-space in what would seem to be dead and empty space. Strange energy readings had brought Thor here, but as he began scanning, he could find no trace of the reading whatsoever. It seemed he would be here for a bit then, scanning to see if he could figure out what had caused the strange energy reading.

((There ya go Wolf))

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A second, and different, strange energy reading showed up suddenly, this time on the Beliskner's bridge. A small reddish rift, of sorts, appeared, then a tall, human-like armored figure stepped through on to the bridge, the rift disappearing behind it.

Almost as soon as he was through, Sarnael spoke up. "Thor, I've had something strange crop up, thought you might have a clue as to what it was."

One of the shoulder plates on Sarnael's armor shifted slightly to reveal a small projector, which threw out a holographic display, showing some sort of anomaly. The initial text was in some strange language, possibly Sarnael's own, but quickly seemed to translate itself into Asgard.

((Yes, Sarnael didn't wait for a response, or do a proper greeting. He's a bit of an ass like that.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thor was silent for a moment, inwardly hurling curses. Sarnael had a tendency to just show up like this, and sometime Thor wished he still had the physical nature to slap him upside the head. His attention turned to the display, mind sifting through tons of knowledge before he slowly shook his head.

"I'm afraid not, I've not ever seen anything like this. There were rumors of rift like anomalies surrounding the Ancients return, but that was ten thousand years ago. Nothing ever came of it, and no one that I know of ever claimed to have anything substantial on them, and the rumors died out within a few years. Am I to guess you've seen something like this recently?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The display shut down after Thor responded. "Yes, there were a couple short-lived ones out my way."

...Sarnael's explanation for his question might worry Thor slightly. With as old as Sarnael was, "short-lived" might have multiple interpretations. What was shown in the display, however, had a notation indicating that the particular anomaly shown had only remained in existence for about a minute.

Sarnael sighed. "And if it was something the Ancients knew about... That means I'm likely going to need to find that young fool again, doesn't it?" Here, he shook his head. "And knowing him, he's probably stuck his neck out...again."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thor tilted his head slightly.

"Are you referring to Siphon?"

After a moment he added, "were you able to get any readings off these short term anomalies?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes. And the replicative fading must be affecting your eyes."

((The text of that display was all of the readings they got, which is why Sarnael commented about Thor's eyes.))

Status
Not open for further replies.