Not open for further replies.
OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Milky Way Galaxy (Space Itself)

Thor let loose a string of curses in Asgard, although it wasn't immediately clear if it were directed at Samael, himself or something else. Finally, the Asgard spoke with a strange tone.

"If those were the readings ... it had that high of a magnetic field output?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarnael nodded slightly in response to Thor's question. "Yes, those were the readings. And yes, they did register as having unusually high magnetic fields. Part of what caught my attention on them."

Apparently, this wasn't the first time he'd heard Thor go off with the sailor imitation. And probably not the first time he'd possibly been the cause.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thor was silent a long moment, before shaking his head.

"The only time I have ever seen such a strong magnetic field is near a massive solar flare or a coronal mass ejection. Of course in neither case has it formed anything like that. In theory, an uncontained wormhole could have passed through a solar flare near the area, and manifested some distance away, however if it did then judging by the magnetic field strength, you are talking about a wormhole that would not only transverse space, but time as well. A lot of time."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarnael sighed. "Okay, where'd he run off to this time?"

It would be clear to Thor that he was asking about Siphon's location.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thor only replied with one word, certain Sarnael probably knew where it was and hadn't told them.

"Atlantis."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thor would probably feel his suspicions confirmed when Sarnael's only response was to open another rift and leave without any further comment.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Letting loose a sigh as Sarnael simply vanished, Thor went back to work, wondering if what he had detected earlier had been the same type of thing.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

... Somewhere in the vastness of space, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, a stargate opened, and out shot the puddle jumper containing Siphon and his merry little crew. There was no planet, no star or anything, just a small debris field that might be the remains of a planet.

As the wormhole shut down and things came into focus, both Aya and Siphon stood at the same time, and about the same time both would say, "what the hell?"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Stepping forward to see where they had arrived, Ellisia takes note of Aya and Siphon's reaction. "Not what you expected?" She enquires.

((I was going to make a fun comment from Sinnve about experiencing flight with G-forces, but turns out that Puddle Jumpers have good inertial dampeners. So says google.))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a brief moment, Siphon was the one who replied.

"There should be a planet here, the gate Aya dialed was on a planet, not in space. Now theoretically, the debris we're seeing could be what's left of the planet, but it was intact yesterday, and debris doesn't condense and spread about that damn fast. Then there's the simple matter of the stargate shouldn't have survived an explosion powerful enough to destroy an entire planet. So yeah, definitely not where we expected. I'm glad we're in a jumper now and not on foot, or we'd all be dead."

((And yeah lol, they do.))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"So who went Death Star on what planet? Where are we supposed to be?" Sho's leaning forward just slightly, trying to peer out the windows. She's not getting out of her seat, but it's clear she's even more anxious about this than being stuck in the shuttle. "And any idea how we showed up without a gate?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We're supposed to be at P7R-223, and there is a gate, but after a planet blowing up like this, there shouldn't be one left intact. Our spacial coordinates confirm we're at P7R-223 though."

Aya half shrugged.

"Well, I'd say let's solve that mystery a little bit later and get back somewhere where we don't have to be crammed inside a jumper like sardines. At least we made it off Janus's planet before the explosion."

Siphon turned around to them, his face a bit pale.

"Actually ... we didn't. According to the sensors the device went off almost forty five seconds before we went through, and the blast should have not only hit us, but it should have traveled through the wormhole with us. We shouldn't even be having this conversation now, we should be smears on the desert floor back there. I have no idea why we aren't."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"So, we jumped to a gate that isn't there in a jumper that shouldn't exist. And really, Siphon, what planet is that? You know I can't keep all the Sesame Street names we have for these things straight." Closing her eyes, Sho takes a deep breath and lets a shake run through her body. The more stressed she got, the shorter her temper was. "Maybe it was something in Janus' lab that blew up that...shielded the jumper or something. A failsafe contingency. That man had plans wrapped up in plans."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon shrugged.

"Even if that were the case, we would have felt the shock wave. At least been tossed about a bit. Something is definitely strange, and I don't like it. I'm dialing us out and we're leaving, we're too exposed like this. We're taking Lyra home first though, I don't like the fact that she's still out like that."

((Will let you folks reply back before I move this along.))

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Ellisia sighs, looking frustrated. "Well I'm out of my area of expertise here. I can only put my trust in you and wait to see something I recognise. We should return Lyra, and also need to access something that can read this data unit we took from the lab. But getting out of uncertain territory during an uncertain situation is always wise." She looked as if she might have more to say, but would wait til they had made the jump first.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sho lets go the fact that Siphon didn't answer her question. "Works for me. We can pick our brains when we're not stuffed in the sardine can." For a brief moment, she worries if he can dial out. The fact that they showed up is one thing, leaving might be another entirely. Not that she's going to voice that, but she lets herself believe that they'll be fine and on Lyra's home world soon enough.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon nodded, reaching out and dialing the gate. Fortunately for Sho, it seemed that everything was working fine, as the gate opened without any issues, and in a few moments the jumper was on it's way.

((Changing threads!))

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A short time later, the Deadly Mist exploded out of hyper-space, cruising towards the scorched, but intact Klarnell ship. This one however seemed to be a different design than what Ariana remembered seeing on the Asgard planet.

((For reference, think the Predator ship from Alien vs. Predator.))

Another Ingrali ship floated off in the distance, patrolling the area.

"Here we are. Best as we can tell, the ship is functional, but it's entire crew is dead. Real interesting thing is they all look like they got blasted by lightning bolts to their chests."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's not the same ship class that was present for the attack on the Asgard's planet. But you say it has battle damage from Asgard weapons?" Alberik pointed out immediately.

"And the crew themselves were killed by high-charge electricity? Know of any handheld weapons that do that?" Ariana added in, watching through the viewport as the ship cruised closer to their target.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nodded.

"It has residual energy traces on it's hull consistent with Asgard weaponry. My theory is this ship showed up after you left, or wasn't in sensor range until after your departure. As for the crew, yes, and I know of no weapon that any species possesses that can do such a thing. Handheld or otherwise. The only thing I know of that could be responsible for this is something I never saw myself, but has been part of our text for some time. Legends tell of a creature made of pure energy that threw lightning like it was a toy at it's enemies. I now believe that legend was spawned by someone witnessing an ascended being kill mortals. I believe that is what happened to this Klarnell crew. However, it doesn't make any sense why this would have been allowed to happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.