What's new

P7R-229 (Tokra Planet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Ian stepped through the wormhole onto the planet, the immediate area resembling a desert around the stargate. With Vanessa fading, he needed to find those rings, and fast.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: P7R-229 (Tokra Planet)

"Great. Sand. And not many landmarks." Time was of the essence and griping wasn't going to get this done any faster. Hiking straight out from the gate, he did his best to mentally calculate the distance, knowing about how far he had to travel before he started looking for the other landmark.

Thankfully, the rings were easy enough to spot, once he got close enough. Supplementing walking with a few telekinetic "glides," he came to rest in front of them. "Allright, mates, promise Ah'll put it beck when Ah'm done, but Ah ain't got time ta be tidy." Knowing the activator was buried, he started tossing sand and earth away in chunks with his power, holding back any that threatened to slip back into the hole that he was making. Once that was revealed, he looked for the appropriate buttons to push.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Finding the activator took a moment longer than the rings themselves did. Once he did, it seemed a simple matter to press them, and then quickly make his way back into the transport area with Vanessa. A few moments later, the rings activated ...

And Ian found himself standing in a tunnel that looked like it had small crystals growing out of it. No doubt then, he was inside the Tokra base, these walls fit the descriptions his memory had. As he went to move out with her, a pair of doors opened, and about a dozen zat armed Tokra flooded the room, weapons pointed at him. They paused slightly at the sight of the unconscious Vanessa, before one male spoke.

"Who are you, and how did you find this place?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

A step in the right direction, at the very least. Now it was only a matter of a few minutes before he could bet 'Nessa the help that she needed.

After shifting away from the transporter, it takes a moment for his eyes to adjust to the change in the light, though it wasn't hard to miss the armed guards.

"Easy, mate." If he weren't holding Vanessa, he'd have put his hands up at the same time. "Ian Montrose of Peltas Five. Mate o' mind, Siphon, pointed me heah. Said ya could help. She needs a healah. Tala...somethin', he said. Goa'uld jumped outta heah and she needs taken care of. Now."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Tokra paused a long moment, seemingly uncertain of if to believe him or not, and then a voice called out from behind him. A soft feminine voice no less.

"Let him pass Travan. We just got a subspace message from Peltas explaining what's going on, Nirrti was inside of her and left her to die."

This kicked Travan into action, as he gestured his men to stand down. Stepping forward, weapon away, he awkwardly put his arms outward and spoke.

"If you would, please pass her over to me. I will take her to the appropriate chamber. I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to accompany her inside."

Assuming Ian cooperated, he would take Vanessa's form gently, carrying her off even as the woman, one way or another, stepped inside and regarded him. Finally she spoke, first the host, and then symbiote.

"I am Samantha Tavala, I believe it was me who Siphon referred you to, considering I am the only healer here until next week."

A moment later, her head inclined slightly, and her eyes flashed for a moment.

"I must know, how long ago did Nirrti leave her body? She is clearly in bad shape, but I must know what to expect if we are to have any hope of saving her life."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice to know they let them know I was coming. There's a split second of reluctance as the Tokra holds his arms out to take Vanessa, that brief moment that tells them there'll be holy hell to pay if any harm comes to her while she's in their care.

"Not long. 'Bout the time it took me tah hike here from the gate and then not long before we found 'er. Don't think she'da been breathin' if it'd been much longer than that." He pauses. "Siphon did...somethin' ta stabilize 'er. Ah've seen him heal but this is beyond him. He bought 'er time, that was all."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tavala nodded slightly, hesitating for a moment before the host spoke again.

"From the time frame you are suggesting, it is likely that the only reason she is still alive is because of him. I must warn you, the odds are stacked against her, but I will do everything I can. Tavala herself thought you may ... be more receptive to what I am going to suggest than if she did herself. You may be aware that our people are very reluctant to utilize a sarcophagus, however we do have one for those outside our own people who prefer them. Her other option if you do not wish for a Sarcophagus to be used ... she would need a temporary blending with a symbiote. You are right in one thing though, this is beyond the capabilities of a hand device or even what we know of the Ancient's healing gene. She has only two options, Sarcophagus, or a temporary blending with a symbiote. I'm afraid the decision lies in your hands now Ian, I fear if we attempt to wake her in her current state that it may well kill her."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

The decision is difficult on him, something Samantha can easily read in his expression, but there isn't a lot of time for deliberation. A frown twists at his lips and then a sigh. "Sarcophagus," he states. "If she's paired with a symbiot, figure that should be of 'er own choosin', even if it is temp'rary."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She nodded once.

"I figured you may think that way, and I agree."

She leaned closer to him and spoke very softly and added "and don't tell any of the others we said this, but in her case, I think this is the better course of action anyway. Restoring what a Gou'ald like Nirrti has taken from her with a blending is ... extremely tricky, and always requires time."

Moving away again, she spoke in a normal tone again.

"Regardless, this will take some time for her to come through. I regret that I can not allow you to accompany us inside the chamber, but I can assure you I personally will remain to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible. In the meantime while you wait, and this may take some time ... You may freely move about anywhere else other than rooms that are locked. Oh, and don't enter any of the still glowing tunnels or you'll be vaporized."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Secret's safe with me," he whispers back, giving her a little wink. "All right. Just show me where the door is and Ah'll pace back that way now and again." As she mentions the glowing hallways, he chuckles. "Good ta know. Thanks."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Samantha nodded to him, leading him down a series of corridors until they reached one that branched off multiple ways. Each one had either a door lock pad or Tokra guards standing near them. Quickly explaining to them what was going on, the two nodded. Turning back to him, Samantha apologized.

"I'm sorry, this is as far as I can let you come now. I promise you that as soon as I know something concrete, I will send someone out to speak with you."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Keeping his thoughts to himself for the time being, Ian simply nodded. "S'alright. Ah undahstand ya want for privacy. If it gets ta be a while, alright if Ah head topside for a bit? Case the walls staht gettin' a little to close?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Samantha nodded, almost bowing her head.

"Of course. If you get lost trying to come back here, simply ask someone to show you to the guard post for the secondary healing chambers. Now, I must go and get to work if we are to save your ...".

She paused for a moment, uncertain of the status of their relationship, then ultimately decided upon, "friend."

For a moment, it seemed like she wanted to say something further, but she ultimately turned and walked in through the chamber, where Ian briefly could spot what appeared to be a Sarcophagus. The doors then closed, leaving him to pray Samantha/Tavala would be able to keep Vanessa stable long enough for the Sarcophagus to work.

He hadn't been left to his thoughts for long before a male voice called out to, a voice that was familiar, although the person walking towards him most definitely was not.

"Ian? We had heard you were here. We are sorry to hear about what has happened, but ... could we speak with you for a short time perhaps?"

The voice was clearly that of Morvak, an older Tokra who had helped them out during the Ori war. His host had been badly injured during the final battle with them, and evidently had not survived. His new host seemed a bit taller, and definitely in better shape than his previous one had been before the incident, standing about half a foot taller than Ian, and probably quite strong even without the added boost from a symbiote.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Thank you," he replies quietly, turning his attention away from the door, especially after she passed through it. Lingering around here likely wasn't going to do him any good. The healers needed time to work and there was that whole 'watched pot' thing. Better to find some way to occupy his time until he heard word.

The Fates, it seemed, were at least being kind to him in one regard today, providing him with a distraction. Turning at the sound of his name, it's clear that recognition doesn't set in right away, not until the Tokra keeps talking. He'll meet the man halfway, inclining his head in greeting. From the sound of things, the symbiote was currently in charge, which was likely good, since he didn't know the host's name, certainly not recognizing the face. Part of him had to resist making a crack about trading in for a newer model, partially because it was disrespectful and partially because he wasn't sure the Tokra would get the joke.

"Yeah, Morvak. That'd be fine." He glances over to the door and then puts his attention back on the other man. "Not like Ah've got much ta do at the moment anyways."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nodding, he led Ian back down one of the halls, using the rings to head back to the surface. Once topside, he began to speak again.

"I was brought up to speed regarding what went on with the initial attempt to stop Nirrti at her home base. We sent a small team in to check in with the wraith the report said had shown interest in the place. When they arrived, they found the place deserted, no sign of a ship in orbit. They also said there was no sign of the device Nirrti had been using. We were wondering if you might have anything you could think of that might help us figure out who may have taken it, and why. In addition, we were curious to know more of the anomaly you encountered on the planet, if you are willing to talk about it."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

If there's somewhere to perch or to lean against, Ian will do that, casually crossing his arms. "Willin' ta bet that's what the Wraith were aftah, then. Can't say as Ah had much contact with 'em. If Ah can get in touch with Elissia and her mates, they had contact, both with the Wraith and the anomaly. From what Ah heard, though, a bloody tee-rex came out of the thing. Uh, dinosaur, from a really long time ago on Ea'th." He tacks on the last bit, uncertain of the Tokra was familiar with his planet's history or not. "Ah know that 'Nessa damaged something of Nirrti's so she couldn't teleport, but that was on Atlantis, likely not whatever it is yer lookin' foh. Ah remembah them sayin' the Wraith needed some sorta device from the base, ta cure some disease or somethin', but we were pretty skeptical of that." He pauses again. "When Nessa feels like talkin' again, she might be able ta help a little more. She was at the base and was sharin' headspace with Nirrti."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Morvak thought a moment before replying.

"Most likely that was what they wanted then, which begs the question of why. Sadly, this may be a dead end for now. A T-Rex? That would make it not only a spacial tear but a rip in time as well, and a considerable amount of time. I don't suppose you could describe the appearance of the anomaly, or give any insight on it?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Eh, Talok had some thoughts on that. Ah can put ya in touch with him, or Elessia, too. They've got intel on it. More than Ah can tell ya, that's fer sure. Sorry, mate. Just remembah it bein' big enough ta fit a T-Rex through and then, pop, gone. Had othah things on mah mind at the time."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Morvak nodded again.

"Understandable given what else was going on at the time. Well I ..."

He trailed off, suddenly withdrawing his Zat gun, reaching out with one hand to gently push Ian aside before he added, "I don't suppose that anomaly looked anything like that did it?"

If he followed Morvak's gaze and pointed finger, he would see the strange golden light with glass swirling inside it that Sinnve had called in earlier, floating near the ground no more than twenty yards from them. It wasn't as big as before, but easily big enough for something the size of an elephant to fit through. Most notably though was that it wasn't just floating in open air. It had opened and formed within the ring of the Stargate itself.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ian will turn his attention to where Morvak is indicating, taking a moment to study the phenomenon. "Aye, that looks about right. Golden glass. S'what the youngin' said it looked like."

He removes a zat of his own, though he doesn't arm the weapon. He simply keeps his eyes on the thing and watches for anything that might emerge.

"Didn't say it did that, though," he remarks, indicating it taking the shape of the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.