Pathfinder OOC Thread

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chat Based Pathfinder

It's looking like Wednesday evening at some time right now. Hopefully Copper will have gotten to me by then.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Her Mythral Full-plate has seriously been weighing Lilu down, so I suggest giving Lilu the Ring of Dexterity and the Mythral Chain Shirt. That'll give her the same AC as now, but give her back her mobility, so she'll be able to run around and heal people with her wands and spells... not that she should be considered a heal bot.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Her Mythral Full-plate has seriously been weighing Lilu down, so I suggest giving Lilu the Ring of Dexterity and the Mythral Chain Shirt. That'll give her the same AC as now, but give her back her mobility, so she'll be able to run around and heal people with her wands and spells... not that she should be considered a heal bot.
Eh, in all honestly the rogues kinda need the mithral more, since ACP is kinda important to us, you could always just take one of the adaman chainshirts :X

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

But it still weighs 25lbs! That's the same weight as the Mythral Full-Plate... hang on... ok, a drop of 15lbs won't help her. STR 8 sucks!

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Sent you a PM about my times, Tass. From what I've read, though, Wed might be good, if you all don't mind starting late.

As for loot, I believe that Byzat is currently wearing *both* rings but the Dex one can come off.

Might look into some of the armor, but I'll have to see weight vs. protection vs. what I have now.

About the only weapons that interest me are the longbow, though with them being composite, I know they require a particular strength to weild them (is that what the +3 on them means? Need a +3 str bonus to weild effectively, or do they *grant* a +3 Str bonus for being +2?)

I'm fine with Az taking the shortswords and personally, I could use the dagger, but Islona likely *wouldn't* so I guess just give me a little time to figure out the particulars on the armor and maybe one of the bows.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

The mithral chain shirt would have been of interest to me, but then again...I'm rarely on the front lines anyway, so that should go to one of the rogues instead.

Though actually...I have an idea as to the +2 vampiric greatsword, so I'll lay claim to it.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

About the only weapons that interest me are the longbow, though with them being composite, I know they require a particular strength to weild them (is that what the +3 on them means? Need a +3 str bonus to weild effectively, or do they *grant* a +3 Str bonus for being +2?)
That +3 is how much strength bonus you can get to damage with them, and therefore how much strength you would need in order to effectively use them.

Also, @ LDF: Can you make it on here around 7 PM, EST? Edit: tomorrow, aka Wednesday.

Last edited:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Depends~

(mostly what time do you think we'll finish? If we finish by midnight EST, I'll just stay on campus, otherwise I'll have to head home first)

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think the combat will take much more than an hour. How about Friday for people? Copper can't make it before 1 AM EST tomorrow, and Friday is a maybe, at least according to her. If no one else can make it Friday, then I'll just run it tomorrow without her, and NPC Islona.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

What time Friday? I'm good at midnight as per usual, but I want to go to a bar after work.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That +3 is how much strength bonus you can get to damage with them, and therefore how much strength you would need in order to effectively use them.

Also, @ LDF: Can you make it on here around 7 PM, EST? Edit: tomorrow, aka Wednesday.
I don't think the combat will take much more than an hour. How about Friday for people? Copper can't make it before 1 AM EST tomorrow, and Friday is a maybe, at least according to her. If no one else can make it Friday, then I'll just run it tomorrow without her, and NPC Islona.
What time Friday? I'm good at midnight as per usual, but I want to go to a bar after work.
If you want to start at 7 and you don't think it'll go much longer than an hour, then I should be able to do it. I don't have to head out until 8EST on Wednesday, so if that works better, I can do it. Barring internet issues.

And damn, I don't think I'm strong enough to weild the bow, then. My str. bonus is only +1 currently, so I wouldn't be able to manage it. Still looking into the armor because I've had a lot on my mind lately, so I'll get to that in a little bit, when I'm not feeling too scatterbrained.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

No no, you can still use the bow, you just don't use it to its full efficency (AKA, get a +3 str bonus to damage as you would if you have 16 or more str.) Also, wouldn't it be possible to start at 7, and if we don't finish, resume after midnight/1 AM?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

No no, you can still use the bow, you just don't use it to its full efficency (AKA, get a +3 str bonus to damage as you would if you have 16 or more str.) Also, wouldn't it be possible to start at 7, and if we don't finish, resume after midnight/1 AM?
If you use a bow with higher strength bonus than your own, you also take a penalty to attack rolls.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm, and the bow I'm using currently is only a +1, so that would be a bit better, even without the damage bonus. Allrighty, chalk me up for a bow, at least. I'll look up the rest of the particulars on it later.

Ninja'd by Spider. Looks like I'll have to do math, which I really don't want to think about right now, so I'll give it some thought. Not like I have the thing to use atm anyway.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alrighty, maybe Wednesday will work. I'd prefer it if everyone could be in the room as early as they can, as I'll try to be there as early as five. We'll start just as soon as everyone is available, barring changes that might come up. Try to have your first two turns planned out prior to showing up, if possible.

Also, Copper came up with the idea of just doing the fight over PMs, which might work as well if tomorrow doesn't pan out.

The general situation of the room right now:
Islona is standing dazed in the center of the church, dazed and weakened from getting hit with Blasphemy. She's roughly 40 feet from the guy who cast it, who is now monologue-ing at her.

Kristie and Azieru, in disguise such that the other party members cannot recognize them are just in the doorway to the church, roughly 50 feet from Islona. Lilu is more or less right behind them. They cannot see the source of the voice due to him being in a different room just off of the main one, and haven't yet realized that they are under attack, as the doors were closed when the spell went off. I have initiative for everyone except Lilu for the fight already.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, first turn is going to be easy for me! I ain't doin' nothin' but getting monologued at! (Which should be you guy's clue that this is a BAD GUY. Because he's MONOLOGUING.)

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Monologuing? Wow! I want to hear this!

Lilu is going to get inside and listen, if hostilities get real she'll open up with Spell Immunity, then move in close to start dropping touch range spells on the offending enemy spell caster.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Lilu's too nice. I'm just going to drop tentacles on the sucker from turn 1 and tell him to cough up everything he knows or have the life slowly choked from him. '-'

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, considering I'm thinking of dropping a blade barrier on his ass... Granted, he'll get a save, but still...

Of course, I won't, if other PCs are in range, but that doesn't mean the options not there.