What's new

Pathfinder OOC Thread

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Chat Based Pathfinder

I love that level 15 one for order of the dragon, I get sneak attack damage on a charge, so yay. Decided against Lookout then, it's only useful if everyone has it, so only if you take it anyways. still in the market for a feat then...

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I was planning order of the sword, but order of the dragon would also be cool. Not sure which one I want to go with, might just flip a coin.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The IRC channel has been chosen. It is on Rizon, and it shall be called #BaconRoom in honor of that most delicious of foodstuffs.

I'll throw it up at midnight on Friday. All that's left now is for people to write up their character sheets and post them here. Regular text is fine, if you don't want to use the link 64bitbot has provided.

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

By the way, for everyone interesting. For my sheets I use an online sheet at a place called DnD Sheets.

It's basically sign up, then make characters with the pathfinder template. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good.

Here is my guy and his mount, as they are at the moment. As I update, the sheet will update but the url stays the same, so this will always be the up to date version.

And his mount (name pending)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The IRC channel has been chosen. It is on Rizon, and it shall be called #BaconRoom in honor of that most delicious of foodstuffs.

I'll throw it up at midnight on Friday. All that's left now is for people to write up their character sheets and post them here. Regular text is fine, if you don't want to use the link 64bitbot has provided.
Couldn't we use irc.thisisnotatrueending.com instead? I'm too lazy to roll manually and it has a die roller.

my charsheet:

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Couldn't we use irc.thisisnotatrueending.com instead? I'm too lazy to roll manually and it has a die roller.

my charsheet:
You forgot to make your sheet publicly viewable

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

But Dicemaid is so tsundere.

Isn't she just a regular old bonesbot?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This is useful. Use it.

@Loli: That's 3 hours behind EST. According to some site I got from Google. If I'm wrong, do correct me. That would put you around 9:30 if we started at midnight (for me.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Sheet's done, or nearly at least. unfortunately, I didn't have enough to spare for a set of theive's tools, so that's fist on my list next time we get paid. I'm personally hoping this caravan job was half up front, half on delivery XD

Isidien The Old One:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So yeah, I'm hopping in on this, after cramming the whole system in one go.

So yeah, you all now have a Barbarian who excels at breaking things (enemy skulls included) but can't keep up worth a shit.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Can't keep up? You're speed column is empty, So I dunno. base is 30, DnD barbarians were usually at 40. You're also missing languages, you should get Common and two others, though I don't think you can read or write them. I'll go read up on Pathfinder Barbarians and be ready if you have any questions.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I did all that in the span of half an hour after cramming. So expect there to be holes as I fill it in.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, I see, I thought you thought you were done, is all.

Okay, hopefully i can speed some of this up for ya.

-your speed should be 30, you ditched out on the extra ten to break stuff better.

-the +# on your weapon is actually an enhancement on it's own, you don't need to add in the worth of the named enhancements you bought as well. It is kinda confusing, I know. So your sword should be written as a +1 Flaming Burst Greatsword. It does all the fiery goodies, and the +1 means you get a bonus of one on every to-hit roll, as well as onto damage.

-I remember some of the shoutbox stuff about your broken weapons you were having trouble with, so I looked it over. with the +2 to damage and the ignoring to-hit penalties you're getting, you exactly cancel out the penalties for using a broken weapon right now, with the exception of the critical stuff. from here on, you just keep adding bonus damage to them, which is pretty sweet, now that I've read it.

-Can't seem to spot an easy list of languages on the SRD for you to choose from, so I'll just list off a bunch that usually fit the barbarian-type, and you can go ahead and pick two from there: Dwarven, Giant, Orcish, Goblinoid, Gnoll, Terran (Earth creature speak, not Human), Undercommon. You'll notice most of those are monster languages, but that's because in most settings, Barbarian tribes spend more time slinging insults across to monsters than they spend talking with 'civilized' folk.

-Let me Know how much cash you have remaining, I'll see what i can do about suggesting neat items to pick up with the remainder. I do suggest at least a winter blanket and a cold-weather outfit, though there's apparently an animal-hide one you may like better in place of the latter ;)

Can't come up with much else off the top of my head, hope that helps!

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, I've pretty much worked out the kinks. And no, I'm not buying cold-weather clothing because it doesn't fit with my character's way of life. He can make do with furs.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I was planning order of the sword, but order of the dragon would also be cool. Not sure which one I want to go with, might just flip a coin.
What? What? No one suggested the Order of the Cockatrice?

Swear to god the Advance Players handbook is filled with references like that. Yeah, that thing the summoner has? It's a cocksnake. Not a cockatrice. Cocksnake.

Ugh. Copper had a pissy night at her Pathfinder game and therefore does not want to think about such things. I'll try and bang something out tomorrow, maybe, when I'm sitting out of L4D.

After chatting with Shrike, I'm on my way to a charrie. Will still need more time on her, but for the most part...she's taking shape. Gotta do skills and feats. Always the fun part. Ohyeah, and shopping.

Last edited:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This is useful. Use it.

@Loli: That's 3 hours behind EST. According to some site I got from Google. If I'm wrong, do correct me. That would put you around 9:30 if we started at midnight (for me.)
As in, I'm not home at 9:30pm on Fridays usually, I tend to not get home till at least midnight, if not later.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Haven't looked through equipment, no backstory yet.

Currently looking at Bracers of Armor +3 and a Decanter of Endless Water. Hoping the setting is cold enough that I can freeze people with the thing, or at least give them hypothermia or something. Maybe make ice shelters or something?

Kinda wish I could afford a Fiery burst Amulet of Mighty Fists, so my hands could explode while I got all Suika on shit.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Haven't looked through equipment, no backstory yet.

Currently looking at Bracers of Armor +3 and a Decanter of Endless Water. Hoping the setting is cold enough that I can freeze people with the thing, or at least give them hypothermia or something. Maybe make ice shelters or something?

Kinda wish I could afford a Fiery burst Amulet of Mighty Fists, so my hands could explode while I got all Suika on shit.
I forgot to mention, Goliaths just speak Giant natively instead of Gol-Ka. And it is cold enough for that.

As in, I'm not home at 9:30pm on Fridays usually, I tend to not get home till at least midnight, if not later.
Fudge. What about Saturday?