What's new

Pathfinder OOC Thread

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chat Based Pathfinder

Character background and description so far for my guy. Not much, as I tend to develop characters best as I play them, but I'll try and get a bit better description before we start.

Xavier Faplow - Roc Rider

Xavier was born to his parents, minor nobles. They were granted their title for their families talent, the taming and usage of Rocs for mounts. He was sent away to another nobles family to study in combat, and when he returned was given his first Roc to rear and tame, which became his mount when he was finished.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Feats picked. I also picked outflanking, though thinking about the charrie, I'm not entirely certain how often she'll be in that position, given the weapon that I have her using, but so long as you threaten the square (that *is* what point blank shot is for, after all)

Islona's still a WIP. Mostly need to shop. I am *not* putting down spells on the sheet, given clerics get them ALL, you just have to pick what you have memorized. The ones that *are* on there are Domain spells, which, as a cleric, she normally doesn't get is all. If Tass can trust me to roll my own dice, I hope he can trust me to say "Why yes, I *do* have Wall of Fire memorized. I'm casting that now."

Also, I can't remember if this is a house rule or a Pathfinder rule. When it comes to HPs...do you want us to roll for "level 1" or do we automatically get max at start? Also (fairly certain this is a pathfinder thing) there's the +1 hp or +1 Skill point when taking a level in your favored class. Just a reminder (not to mention making sure you're cool with it.)

For the most part, here's Islona as she stands:

(should be right, that. I think.)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Finished with my equipment. the sheet for my mount, which also carries most of my equipment.

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Feats picked. I also picked outflanking, though thinking about the charrie, I'm not entirely certain how often she'll be in that position, given the weapon that I have her using, but so long as you threaten the square (that *is* what point blank shot is for, after all)

Islona's still a WIP. Mostly need to shop. I am *not* putting down spells on the sheet, given clerics get them ALL, you just have to pick what you have memorized. The ones that *are* on there are Domain spells, which, as a cleric, she normally doesn't get is all. If Tass can trust me to roll my own dice, I hope he can trust me to say "Why yes, I *do* have Wall of Fire memorized. I'm casting that now."

Also, I can't remember if this is a house rule or a Pathfinder rule. When it comes to HPs...do you want us to roll for "level 1" or do we automatically get max at start? Also (fairly certain this is a pathfinder thing) there's the +1 hp or +1 Skill point when taking a level in your favored class. Just a reminder (not to mention making sure you're cool with it.)

For the most part, here's Islona as she stands:

(should be right, that. I think.)
Afaik everyone has taken max hit points for hte first level. I think it's pretty standard in most editions for that. I'm also pretty sure most have included the +1 hp/skill point, so I think it should be cool. Of course, I'm not tass, so you know, grain of salt.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Max HP at first level. For every level after that you roll, or you can take half of the max value of the dice. If you roll less than half, just take half. And yes, I'm using the Pathfinder rule where you get +1 HP or +1 skill point if you take a level of your favored class.

Sheets so far:

GargantuaBlarg

Occam

Shrike7

Hentaispider

Spiders mount

Bitbot

Bitbots mount

Copper

@Spell memorization: If you can reasonably say that you would have it prepared, I'll accept it. I'd prefer it if you had just a list of spells you'd normally have prepared though.

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Wait, if we roll less than half of max hp for each roll, we can take half the max? Lemme go make some edits to my dudes then...they'll be getting a handful of hp apiece if that's the case.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I think all my rolls were at or above half anyways, and I didn't mark them, so I'll leave it as is. However, I hadn't noticed that favoured class thing, which is very nice. Have enough skill points really, so I went with the extra HP cause I'm already rather squishy.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You are far too squishy, Shrike. Far too squishy. Me smahsh you!

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, it's not good for a trap detonation devic---thief to be all that squishy. And Byzat! NO SQUISHING THE SQUISHY! Or no healing for you!

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

That's okay, I already have two or three funtimes planned for poor old Byzat, don't you worry ;) He's easy though, having some trouble with the rest of you...

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just remember, shrike, Byzat's unflankable and immune to backstabs. But he's an ignorant SOB.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

immune to backstabs? i doubt that very much. Now, uncanny dodge prevents me from using backstabs because I'm flanking you, but there are plenty of other ways to take you by surprise. Besides, I'm a team player, killing you would be a detriment to the team. There's lots of other fun things i can do with you ;)

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Byzat is a generic Barbarian. He takes what he wants and does what he wants, and has zero manners or any concept of the word "Civilized."

Though he does know how to speak fluid English for some strange reason.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pathfinder Barabrians can read and write.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Failure. Utter failure. The whole point of playing a barbarian is to be immersed in the thoughtlessness of combat. A Barbarian is supposed to reflect that by being illiterate.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I think all my rolls were at or above half anyways, and I didn't mark them, so I'll leave it as is. However, I hadn't noticed that favoured class thing, which is very nice. Have enough skill points really, so I went with the extra HP cause I'm already rather squishy.
In PF rogues are supposed to have d8 hit die, not d6.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Just remember, shrike, Byzat's unflankable and immune to backstabs. But he's an ignorant SOB.
Besides, it's not "backstab" anymore...it's "sneak attack (bitch!)" so that means she gets her multiplier any time the opponent is flat-footed (which, technically means before the first time they act in combat.) Unflankable would affect that, but still...getting your multiplier, every time *they* don't get their dex bonus or you flank them? F'ing evil, I tell you.

And my take is that it's entirely up to you if you want your Barbarian to be able to read or write. Maybe your tribe has a goblin take on things and writing steals the words from your head...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I knew that, I used the ceric entry on redblade to get quick d8 rolls and... Did I write D6s on the sheet? God dammit... Hp won't change, I know I rolled D8s, I'll just have to correct the typo when I get home.

EDIT: Aaaand fix'd. Also, i had a hell of a time trying to change the channel in the IRC thing, And Copper has already told me that she has no idea how it all works either, so we for sure will need to be given a link in the chat, so we can click it to go to the right channel. That's what worked easiest for me anyways. Also, can someone suggest a prettier IRC i can use? the font is really bloody tiny in the mibbit one...

Last edited:

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ohai, I thought I should share some useful mibbit links/stuff.

Direct link to the Room of Bacon:

If anyone reading this is one of the people who was idling in there, that was me with the weird name that joined to confirm that the link worked. Potentially twice after I post this. >.>

One potential fix for the itty bitty text is to hold ctrl and scroll your mousewheel up. It's kind of jury-rigging it since it's the function to make all content in your browser larger, but it is an option. (Note: ctrl + mousewheel down makes stuff smaller in case this screws with anything else in your browser).

I was actually interested in this but had schedule conflicts. Hope this was helpful (or at least not too stalker-ish, I suppose :p) and that the game goes well! Blood of your enemies and all that.

Last edited: