What's new

Pathfinder OOC Thread

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Chat Based Pathfinder

He'd have heard from the fight from us, I'd think, seeing as he said he'd meet up from us, then decide to join after hearing of the fight, in that order ;)

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, what I was thinking was that I was heading the way you guys were coming from, and end up stumbling into your camp/caravan-on-the-move sometime the next day, somehow being close to where you guys were, but not close enough to have gotten into the fight last night (suspicious?). Then I ask why you look in such rough shape or whatever, and then after you tell about the huge weird monster I sorta just end up tagging along, hoping more huge tough shit comes along so I can kill it.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I should be able to make it Saturday, no problem. If I can't make a game, I'll be sure and try and pop on and let you know.

That being said, Tass, do you have a plan for what to do if one of us can't make it (at least right now when we're in a situation where we can't just be "I'm at the tavern getting drunk!"). Have each of us give a Standard Operating Procedure for our characters during battle, say, so you can puppet them or will we just sleep through it, like the drivers? *chuckles*

Also, updated Islona's sheet with her nifty daily powers described in the notes section. And maybe I'll get to typing out those spells someday...
They'll be NPCed. Letting me know your characters general strategy in combat would be nice. And I promise not to deliberately get anyone killed if they can't make it for a game.

It was just LDF and I absent for session 1, right? We should figure out someway of inserting ourselves into the story, or something.

I was hoping to encounter the party, heading towards the town they left, and then just start following them after hearing about the big fight they were just in, as that is my character's fetish.

Also relevant and buried under a ridiculous fuckton of other shit on my sheet, character description.
Redhand himself is powerfully built, and while not the tallest Goliath, his arms, legs, torso, and his body in general are all are all much thicker around with muscle than the average Goliath's. His skin is a light gray, with darker greenish and lighter white swirls making up the predominant mottling of his skin. Standing out, a dark red design runs from the corners of his mouth, looking as if it were overflowing blood. No other red hues are found on his body.
You'd have to be heading in the same direction form the same place. The entire main questline is about travel being blocked off for unknown reasons. I suppose you could come in from the wilderness, if that works better for you. Or, you could have just been asleep. More or less the same options are available to LDFs character. You could even have been traveling together, if you like.

@Shrike: Loli pointed out some errors on your sheet.
1. She has 1 extra AC because she wrote 1 for her AC for ring of pro +1 in her armor, AC breakdown should be
+4 Dex
+5 Armor
+1 Deflect
+1 Dodge
+1 duelist, for a total of 22

2. Her stealth value is wrong, she has +9 for her misc mod because she didn't note that skill focus only gives +3 until 10 ranks, not 10 total bonus, therefore her total bonus should be +6
I still haven't had time to verify, but I trust LDF enough to ask: could you check it over yourself real quick, whenever you get the chance?

@All: I'll try to be on around 12 to 12:30 EST on Saturday (Technically Sunday.) I'll hopefully be in the shoutbox before then, but feel free to harass me about stuff whenever it comes up, via PM or however you like. :p

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'll come up from the place they left, then, unless anyone has a more interesting suggestion.

12:30 AM EST is gonna be... round about right now, right? Maybe fifteen minutes past?

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'll come up from the place they left, then, unless anyone has a more interesting suggestion.

12:30 AM EST is gonna be... round about right now, right? Maybe fifteen minutes past?
A little over an hour ago.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Right, well. Apparently, the next LARP game of mine is this saturday, so i won't be able to make it to game for the first half, if at all. I would skip it, but the last three games before the end of the chronicle are at hand, and my character is actually kind of important for stuff to happen, so i should really show up.

So, combat strategy:
1: Get into stealth somewhere and try and get around the biggest guy that someone else is going for. Try to remain within 30 ft of the group for first round to gain benefits from buffs, outflank being most important.
2: Set up flanking for teammates, try to avoid being the center of enemy attention. aim for full attacks whenever possible, highest chances of crits and flanking Sneak Attacks.
3: Back off if things get ugly and the bad guys decide to lay the hate on, use withdraw actions or 5ft steps as necessary. Provide harassment with the bow.
And some quick tips:
-It's alright to drop the bow if necessary, but always spend the move action to sheathe Shimmer.
-Provide witty banter whenever possible.
-Always check the bodies for loot, share whatever can be helpful.
-Don't let Occam get too cocky.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I might as well post my combat strategy, too, now that I'm fully awake.

First round: Cast Haste, get up in the air and out of melee range.
2nd round: If there are multiple opponents and it doesn't hurt allies, cast Black Tentacles, otherwise cast Enervate on the most dangerous appearing enemy(prioritizing spellcasters and opponents with ranged weapons over melee fighters)
3rd round: Against multiple opponents, cast Rain of Frogs to distract the enemies and provide more flanking opportunities, against a single opponent cast Heatstroke
4th round and onward: Cast Scorching Ray against the weakest opponent(unless fire damage seems ineffective; in that case use Enervate and/or Rain of Frogs), try to avoid being targeted and stay in the air, cast Web if there seems to be a good opportunity for it.

Edit: I was just talking with LDF about his character and I noticed that he had too many skill points in his sheet. He pointed out that he had copied the mistake from Shrike, so I decided to check everyone's character sheets for mistakes like that. It seems that mine and 64BitBot's were the only one's completely devoid of any mistakes, although obviously someone else should check mine. LDF already fixed the ones in his sheet.

Shrike7: Too many skill points. You should have (8+4)*8+4+4=102 plus those from favored class. Your sheet claims that you have 126.

GargantuaBlarg: Too few skill points. You should have 36, you have 35.

Occam's Razor: Saves are wrong. Fort should be 6(base)+2(ability mod), Ref 3(base)+2(ability mod) and will 3(base)+1(ability mod).

Copper: Attack bonus for dagger should be +8/+3(BAB 6/1, STR mod +1 and +1 for masterwork)

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks, spider. Course, if she's using her dagger, that obviously means something's wrong, but I'll get to fixing it before the next game. Probably just wonky because I copied the wrong numbers down.

Let's see...Islona's SOP in combat:

1. Bless as many of the party as she can in the first round.
2. Assess if there are any other appropriate buffs that could work/any status effects to dispel and do that.
3. Draw bow and shoot the bad guys. She'll move herself out of AoO range as feasible, but she does have point blank shot, which gives bonuses to close range. She also takes no penalty for firing into melee (however she does get cover penalty still.)
4. Heal anyone that is drastically wounded. If multiple wounded, will channel energy. (She has selective channeling, generally exclude as many enemies as possible. If not possible, take those that are the least wounded, of course.)
5. Repeat steps 2-4 as necessary.
6. After combat, triage.

Generally, unless I'm making up for "unlisted" spells on my sheet, she has very few healing spells actually memorized and will, instead, either CPE or spontaneously cast healing spells.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, as for my character's combat strategy, it's straightforward.

1. Rage, move to opponent, attack. If out of move range, bull-rush.
2. Full-attack action if opponent isn't dead.
3. Once enemy dies, repeat steps 1 and 2.

That's basic Barbarian fighting style. With a Ground Breaker thrown in for crowds.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Crap, this is what happens when I throw characters together, it's probably because of the x4 at first level that 3.5 has and pathfinder doesn't. Corrected the maximums, didn't think to do a tally afterwards. Kay then so (12)x8=96, 96+4+4=104 skill points. I'll get on that when I get home. Thankie!

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, you're right. +1 skillpoint.

Also, it seems I derped and put the AC bonus from Tough Lithodermis into the Other category instead of the Natural category, resulting in +1 Touch AC than I shoulda had. Shifted.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

So, double check/reminder for everyone. Game tonight, same bat time, same bat channel?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I should be there. No bells though.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I will likely be there, although might be a little late due to BBQ tonight.

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh right, it's saturday, yes I will be there.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Gotcha. Better try and figure out how logging works with hydrairc.

Do we use a dicebot in the channel, or do we use some site with a roller or something?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

@GB: I trust you to roll for yourselves. However you want to do it is fine.

I'm in the channel already. It's the same channel, and about the same time. I'm also away from home, so I don't have any books. I'm also slightly drunk, so forgive my bad spelling and grammar, should they occur. I'm also looking to end at about 4 or 5, rather than dawn. If possible.