What's new

The Dividing Line - OOC

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - OOC

I've kind of been drifting away from the board, so my replies are going to be really slow. Just figured I'd throw in my own predicament to the pot so people know I don't check the board as often as I used to.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've been waiting for life to settle down. I'm starting to realize that won't happen :O

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

A short bit I felt like writing on the racing refereed to in Kars' post just now.

-Derelict Racing-

Derelict Racing is a timeless if largely informal Kopak extreme sport, involving zero-g racing along checkpoints around and through old space hulks and derelicts, via the use of a space suit and high powered personal jetpack. It has a reputation as one of the most dangerous modern sports that an individual can partake in. The extreme speeds that can be achieved if daring enough, coupled with deadly G-forces, and racecourses consisting of mangled starship hull and floating debris, means that mortality rates are high. Enough to be referred to as a death sport by many, and often banned in more regulated space.

Also invented or adopted by other races and cultures, under various names, with numerous scattered leagues and informal tournaments hosted across the galaxy. Many remain underground in their organisation and status, whilst a rare few have tried to become more mainstream including safer specially prepared tracks. Most hardcore derelict racing enthusiasts however, will cite the tournaments hosted by the Rebek Cluster of the Kopak, as the definitive place to find the real pros.

The Kopak as a species enjoy a racial and cultural affinity to excelling in the sport, due to a mix of their small size and mass, their cultural expertise in the construction and use of space suits, and having a vascular system that is highly resistant to the effects of g-forces.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I will be gone starting tomorrow afternoon for a while, I MIGHT be back on Friday briefly to post, but chances are I won't be around til Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.

If Draven is badly needed for anything, I think you know enough about him now Rule to auto-pilot him to keep things moving.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty sure we‘re ready for an official GM post in Space, if only to confirm that Cait hasn‘t doomed herself yet XD

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I might as well make it official.

The Dividing Line is on hold until January 1, 2014. This should give everybody (including me) enough time for things to settle down.
We will jump forward a few days of game-time when we pick things back up, which should allow those players that have been waiting to get in to get a chance without completely derailing urgent storylines.

Now, in the meantime, I would like to know if there is anybody that wants in or out of this RP, and if anybody would like a 1 on 1 session to wrap things up (looking at you Shrike). That can be arranged for.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm still gonna be in when this picks back up. As for one-on-one, all up to you if you feel Krell deserves one or not.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Ok then. It's good to have an officially called break than just leaving the game hanging in uncertainty. I'm still in. Hopefully a unified "back to space" date will kick start the pace we had that burned out so tragically.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

What's that? Personal time with the Corner God? Sign me up! ;)

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Sounds good to me. I agree this is better than hanging in limbo. What's this about 1 on 1s?

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm still in definitely, and good to know we're only on break.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thought I'd give an image to show how Draven appears.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hrrrm. It seems we managed to create a split in the timeline. Okay, time to wrap up the scene in the ComCen so everybody is back to the same point in time. That means no Fletch posts until then.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Just had a thought, regarding all the different parts of the station we might be posting for. Thinking perhaps we could make it a general policy to note the area a character is in any time they move to a new part of the station. I was about to say with every post, but that might just be a pain to remember.

Just an idea. Unsure. But might help. Especially now that our characters are roaming more. Something like...

Living Quarters

or

Hangar

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Guess who will be back in a few days :3

I'm eager to get Maria and the boys back up and moving and to have everything that has happened explained to them. Im thinking.... Thursday. Does that give you time to get the return together, Rule?

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Will have to coordinate with Siphon, but it shouldn't really be a problem. So glad to see you back, Chibs!

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Easily manageable. I'll be on stuff later Rule and I'll send you a message and we can hash stuff out on it.