The Dividing Line - OOC

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Signup and OOC

To anybody who showed interest in this RP, but hasn't signed up yet: The deadline for the initial batch of characters is the evening/night of today, May 12th. If you put up your character sheet past that point, you will have to wait until the initial team meeting is over to be introduced into the story. I think it's time to get this show on the road.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! This time around, it's gonna be REAL fun :D

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And with that, this RP is officially underway!

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The meeting section will be closed about 12 hours from now. If you have anything left to say to the Admiral, please do so until then.

I expect we'll be around Brilliance for a few more days IRL. Plenty of time for anybody that wants to join up to submit their characters.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Is it too late to sign up? And how do you feel about full-body prostheses?

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

We're still on the Brilliance, so if you sign up now, you can still drop in immediately. Once we leave though you'll have to wait.

And what do you mean full-body prosthetics? Have your entire body replaced by cybernetics? That is possible in theory though you'd still need a brain inside your shiny metal head. Also, you'd have to have a reason for your entire body to be replaced.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nice, I'm still working on the details. I was more thinking Ghost In The Shell type. Or, if that's too farfetched, think "remote-controlled android" In the latter case, the organic body would be hooked up to a machine and the person would manipulate a mechanical one.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

GITS means having your entire body as a prosthetic for your partially cyberized think pan. While extreme and highly unusual in my universe, it remains possible.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just uploaded character sheet; hope you like :p

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Lol, talk about confusing. I think I'll just stop posting for a bit until this knot gets untangled :p

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I just had an idea and need to share it before going to bed.

I mentioned before that I wanted to implement a "quest board" system with main and side quests to keep the RP going. What didn't occur to me at the time was that I could let the players submit their own quests and have them GM their own stories within the TDL universe. The only thing I'd request beforehand is that I have ultimate say in what does and what does not work within the context of the universe.

So if you have an idea for a story that could work in TDL, get to scribbling and pass it by me. I'm sure we can work something out.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I totally forgot to have Kars mention anything about ideally needing to hitch hike whilst travelling such a distance. He only has a dinky little FTL generator after all. His tiny ship normally latches onto bigger ones to travel any long distances.

Should I hand wave it for this journey, or does anyone want to quickly volunteer to carry the runt? Perhaps best to assume that it was mentioned and arranged in passing during the briefing?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The Concordance can give ya a big, squishy hug, if ya want.

tomaito89

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I can help out, too. Your ship is probably tiny enough to fit in my cargo bay.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I guess I'll have Kars ride along with Talens ship then. Could pretend that they discussed a bit on it "off screen" whilst in the canteen perhaps. And no need for the cargo bay stuff. The HellStrafer has a magnetic foot for landing gear. Just clips onto any sturdy piece of hull.

Thanks for the offer both.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

sounds good!