What's new

The Dividing Line - Medical Bay

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
The medical bay of The Dividing Line can hold up to six patients at once. A big autoclave and a refrigeration system dominate the back of the bay, next to several shelves. The beds are fixed to the floor. A door in the back leads to a small laboratory.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Medical Bay

Krysta stepped out the elevator and hurried over to the refrigeration system and began storing the various items she had brought with her before turning and saying, "Alright, strap him down so I can stitch him up. He's not allergic to any human antiseptics right?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall sighs. "I wish we knew. Best to strap him in with his back up", he says in Draven's direction.
The Ashotur barely has the energy to defend himself. A steady stream of blood has started to pool in the shield bubble.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven sets down the bubble and creature in it then says to Thall, "alright, well lower the shield so I can get in to him please."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Well we'll find out today." she said a little too brightly. "Unfortunately the only thing I have with me is a local anesthetic. I need to call back for some nitrous gas and a Midazolam IV."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall nods and grabs the shield device. "On the count of three. Be ready to grab him. One... two... THREE!" The blue shield flickers before disappearing. The Ashotur starts moving weakly, and the pool of blood hits the ground with a splut. Thall doesn't comment on it, but rather steps to the Ashotur's head and holds it.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While Thall supports the head of the creature, Draven lifts it up and onto the table. "Restraints?"

He notes the creature's weak movements. "We may not have to tranq it Krysta, in fact it's lost so much blood I'll be amazed if it survives."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta's fingers twitched and she started getting her antiseptic and tweezers ready and pulled out a needle with silk thread to sew the creature back up with. She also pulled a small bottle of topical local anesthetic from a pocket as she moved up and strapped the creature in. "Tranq? Oh no. This will keep it from feeling pain."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven waits until the creature is strapped in fully before slowly releasing it. "I don't think it's feeling much of anything right now, so you should be alright. Thall, seriously, we need a muzzle or something for it though. When the bastard wakes up, I don't think he's going to be in a very good mood."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta stared at the creature's back for a moment before spraying some of the anesthetic onto the wound and then liberally spraying it with antiseptic spray. Frowning she probed the wound with the tweezers pulling out a small hunk of flesh that she placed in her palms containers. After nodding and assuring herself that that was the extent of the injury she deftly sewed the woulnd up and stepped back.

"If we let it rest and recover what blood it lost, it should survive."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall takes a step back. "We're going to have to give it a communication unit anyway. May as well hit two flies with one swatter." The Telarin looks on as Krysta sews the creature together. His head follows the chunk of flesh.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright, so who has the muzzle and communicator device? You Thall?"

It's clear Draven has some newfound respect for this creature, and doesn't want to underestimate it again.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The Ashotur normally have one in their ship to communicate. As you may have noticed it doesn't really have any vocal chords... or lungs to operate them. It's an addition to their breathing apparatus. I'll go and check the ship, be right back." The Telarin sounds positively excited to dive into that ship as he walks to the door.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Thall wait. Didn't you say it was full of water? How exactly do you plan to get inside of it?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall turns around and spreads his arms. "This thing here is airtight. I'll be fine, trust me." He turns around - just to bump into Mara. "Ah, about to leave?" "Yeah, I need to get a comm unit for the Ashotur." Mara nods and steps aside to let Thall through. Her eyes wander over to the muscle-packed Ashotur, and she takes a few steps closer. "Fascinating. I've never been this close to a live one."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta grinned, "It was almost a dead one, I could have sworn that the breathing necklace got hit until it hit the floor and started bleeding. But as long as it gets enough rest it'll survive."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Copy that, just watch yourself around that ship."

He nods to Mara, not realizing that he hasn't bothered to shift out of his Bentari form just yet.

"Yeah, it's pretty clever too. Just be careful both of you, we have no idea how fast it can heal."

He hasn't moved very far from it still, almost as if he doesn't trust it will stay down for long.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, a wound like that will need a while to heal. This here is a male, by the way", Mara points out. "One of the few things we DO know about the Ashotur is that their race showed sexual dimorphism. The females were about 11 feet in height and had a white underbelly."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Ah." Krysta said, "Now we can stop calling him it. I'm sure he didn't appreciate it."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven seems to think a moment. "Hmm, similar to an Earth shark then in that area. I wonder..."