What's new

The Dividing Line - Canteen

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Canteen

"Hmm..." Caitlin says, thinking for a moment. "Could we talk to Nadia, maybe she'd get us in to see him... Barring that, we could always try sneaking in..."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"I'm fine with asking Nadia." Krysta said with a grin, "But i am in no way willing to sneak in. They would lock us in there with him and throw away the key. You'd get your interview with him, to be sure, but he'd eat us the moment he was done answering questions." Then Krysta giggled, "So unless you have an eternity of questions, oh Scheherazade, I think we're best just asking."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Share-a-who-now?" Caitlin asks, confused. Seems her train of thought has derailed once again...

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Arabian nights." Krysta explained, "She was the queen to a Sultan who was going to kill her the next morning. So each night for 1001 nights she told him a story, and because he wanted to hear the next story, he couldn't bear to execute her the next day."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlin listened intently. "Interesting. Okay, so sneaking in is out, though I don't think Pkaric would eat us anyways. He likes me. What about asking Nadine? She runs the station, I'm sure she could get us in."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"I highly doubt it. like i said, they won't even let Thall in..."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, I guess. Well, I have to do something, I can't go back to work just yet. I was starting to think in circles," Caitlin says, bringing a finger up to her ear and spinning it in the classic 'crazy' sign. "Which is bad for a geneticist. We need to think in spirals."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Don't you mean double helixes?" Krysta teased with a smile.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's exactly what I mean." Caitlin says with a laugh, looking much more relaxed. "So, what do you do when you aren't working? You spend a lot less time than me in the lab, you must do something, right?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven enters the hall and spots the two women. "Ah, ladies, I return, albeit briefly. Two quick questions. First, any idea where Kars is, and second, either of you feel like going on a potential rescue mission?"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta rolled her eyes, "I actually have nothing to do in between physicals and hurt people. And since we seem to be short on hurt people..." she sighed, "I tend to catch up on some book series I've been neglecting."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hey there Drazen." Caitlin said cheerily, listening as he walked up. "Well, I was trying to think of something to do... Alright, I guess I could come along. How about you Krysta?"

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Finally something to do." She stood, "Kars left here not too long ago, but I'm quite willing to do something other than sit here."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, I guess it's settled then." Caitlin says with a grin. "When do we leave?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As soon as I can find Kars and get a few more people. The long and short of it is, we met a new race who's outpost went silent. Said outpost happens to be not far from an old Earth Battleship, which seems to have been hit hard by an Ashotur Kraken."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta nodded, "Finally some action. Don't know how useful I'll be, but here's hoping all the patching up I have to do is minor."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"How old do we think this battlship is?" Caitlin asked excitedly. And as per usual, they didn't even have to ask, she explained herself right away. "If it's as old as the Pillar, I may be able to salvage some MAS rounds from it. They don't produce them anymore, and I've been running short from using them during demonstrations." She explains, starting to wheel herself towards the exit. "I say we split up and search for more people. I'll check the hangar, if I wander anywhere else I'm liable to forget what I'm supposed to be doing." She says with a grin and a chuckle.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta nodded, "I'll head back up to the med bay and gather a kit in case I'm needed for wounded."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven thought a moment.

"It's at least a few years old if it was in fact attacked by an Ashotur Kraken. Beyond that I can't tell you until we actually get there and I can access the ships logs."

He nods to Krysta.

"Alright, we'll meet at the hangar bay then, I still have to find Kars."