Logs of the fortress manager

OP
XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Logs of the fortress manager

21 moonstone

A child jumped into the water, and managed to drown shortly afterwards, I am thinking of locking up everyone not directly related to building things inside the fortress to prevent any more moron related deaths.

21 opal

The lignite dropper is almost finished, yet it feels like it's nowhere near done yet. I think this is because it is only a small step in a much bigger project, and I know this will not be the last construction we will make, and definitely not the biggest.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds interesting... What will you do after the drop?

OP
XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Late update, because I didn't play a while and nothing at all happened when I did play.

The point of the project was to first drain the ocean, and then to make a fort in it. After the ocean is drained I'll make a wall around the building site, so that new water will not stop the dwarves and there won't be dwarf corpses floating around.

13 granite
It was a very uneventful winter, but luckily, that's about to change, because we all know what happens when the elves come to trade, and goblins invade at the same time. We've closed the gate and gathered the elves right in front of us, they will sit there, and be slaughtered by the goblins while serving as bait for the marksdwarves on the nearby wall. Not that we need anything the elves have, so in that regard they might as well run so we don't have to deal with their junk. We have most out haulers busy with the gold vein we found anyway.
2 elves died today, along with around 15 goblins. To celebrate, our founding miner has married the founding farmer, a big congratulations to the two lovers that helped make history, Lancelock salutes them both.

14 slate

A dragon appeared on the horizon, meaning we're off to a great start of the year. In about 2 days she will be here, and we will have roasted goblins for everyone, and hopefully a second dragon in a cage.

OP
XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Haven't played a while because of school and a really bad headache, but finally got around to that dragon.

17 slate

The dragon has been fighting the goblins for a while, fireballs were everywhere and half the forest burned down, but the dragon killed the entire siege, and destroyed two parts of the road south. The dragon only had a minor bruise to it's neck, so it will be perfectly fine. I've ordered all dwarves inside, and the bridge out to open so that the dragon might walk into our traps if we're lucky. If we aren't lucky we might have a few roasted dwarves soon.

19 slate

This might be a problem.
Migrants are arriving, and the dragon is looking bored. As the migrants tried to get into the fort, the drawbridge was lowered for them. The dragon then stood on the drawbridge, and burned them all one by one, none of them survived.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Things are getting interesting... Any plans to counter the beast if it gets inside?

OP
XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Draft everyone and hope the important dwarves don't die.

2 felsite

I've decided to let the dragon sit outside for a while, so I've lowered the bridge and send the dwarves to gather whatever they wanted outside. More importantly today, a champion hammerdwarf died in the barracks, there was a trial of blood leading from the middle of the room to the door, he laid against the door, and the child with one lung stood next to him covered in blood. He said he didn't know anything, and the nearby royal guards that were sparring, also covered in blood said they didn't see it happen either. Several sleeping dwarves that woke up said he wasn't dead when they went to sleep.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Hm hm hm... This mystery is at the tip of my tongue...

OP
XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Just posting here to mention this is over, I've been too busy with school and medical bullshit, which made me not play the fort for a long time.

That made me feel like not playing because I've been gone so long, and in general lost interest in everything for a while.

I'll start a new fort, but that one will not have logs made from it's events.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, it's a shame... Hope that you'll have fun in the future.

OP
XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I will, started a fort with plenty of undead around.

Whatever happened to the successiongame anyway?