What's new

Azurezero's game tutorials

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
for now I'm sticking to rpgmaker vx ace for my tutorials but I do plan on expanding to game maker later on.

for now I want to do a small series on rpgmaker puzzles you can add to pretty much any project.

here's my first tutorial for making sokoban (crate moving) puzzles

Block moving puzzle tutorials
Sokoban 1

this video is a small tutorial on block moving puzzles.
sorry about the volume.
this method lets you reuse the puzzle as many times as you want with limited set up
(you need to set the number of pressure plates at the start of the puzzle room)
this limitation means you cant have 2 puzzles on the same map...but that wont be an issue for the smart designer...
Sokoban 2

This video expands on the previous video, tightening up some things and adding balls that dont stop moving til they hit a wall to the mix.

If you have ideas for simple puzzles you'd like to know how to make you can request them below.

OH! and sub to my channel for more!

I'm trying to get at least 60 subs to hopefully light a fire under my friends and get them to put more effort into their channels.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Azurezero's game tutorials

+1 on this one.

It's always a nice idea to help new devs with guides and tutorials.

Plus, the way it's done it could be easily translated to RPG Maker MV, so that's a bonus :]

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

+1 on this one.

It's always a nice idea to help new devs with guides and tutorials.

Plus, the way it's done it could be easily translated to RPG Maker MV, so that's a bonus :]
any puzzle tutorial requests?
I was thinking about doing my mastermind puzzle this time round.

it's not a 1 to 1 copy but it feels like the same sort of puzzle

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is a rolling table puzzle, like in Twilight Princess, possible or is that kind of past the limitations?

And nice that you're doing how-to puzzles, interesting to learn a little bit of something new ^_^

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is a rolling table puzzle, like in Twilight Princess, possible or is that kind of past the limitations?

And nice that you're doing how-to puzzles, interesting to learn a little bit of something new ^_^
I don't know that puzzle, do you have video footage of it? i never got very far watching aa TP lets play

looking up sliding tables though... yeah thats pretty simple to make but execution might be harder...id never put one of these in my own games because i cant solve them.

the basic idea would be to have the tiles as under character, and a ring of empty events surrounding them... then on the action button event have them try to move in all 4 directions, and skip to the end of the event if they can, then turn a switch on that activates an event to check if the tiles are in the right place

seriously no idea what a rolling table puzzle is

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since they havent gotten back to me I went ahead and made an add on to the block pushing puzzles, this time recreating 2 puzzles from the resident evil series.

The poison trap where you have to move statues over grates
and
the moving statue puzzle in 2 where you need to make them face the statue holding the key item.

Like and subscribe<3

resident evil is full of good examples actually but you have to build your entire game around them if youre doing them
like the broken shotgun puzzle, if you want that one you have to make the game revolve around pick key item puzzles. same for the wood annd gold emblem puzzle, which is basically the same but with no chance of death...