What's new

Artists needed!!!

darent

Lurker
Reputation score
Do you know how to draw? (I cant)

You've probably heard of the "Tentacle Defence" proyect... Im one of the programmers and, well, the work has been a little slow... So, in order to advance, we are requesting Artists!

If you wanna contribute to this proyect, dont be shy and contact us in the main thread of the proyect!!!

We really need you, LOL

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Artists needed!!!

Teamon would disapprove of the spelling in this topic. ;_;

Anyways, Darent is right - if anyone wants to try their hand at drawing a few fun images for the TD game, post them here. It'll be easier to track the images here than in the main topic.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I could do backgrounds and stuff, but dear god don't ask me to draw people lol.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I only see punctuation errors, no spelling mistakes =P

Except for 'proyect' but since that's repeated I'm assuming he's ESL and is unaware that it's spelled 'project.' Or he typo'd twice. Stranger things have happened =p

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

... Ah why the hell not. I won't make any promises though. You may have to wait for months before I even make one drawing.

So sign me up, but don't count on me to produce adequate results. But above all, don't expect Da Vinci.

Last edited:
OP
darent

darent

Lurker
Reputation score

you found me, LOL
yes, Im Mexican (a webo chingar)
but I do the best I can to write correctly...

anyway... any contribution is apreciated!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

lol i can draw

Seriously though, what format do you want the people to be good in?

Last edited:

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

that made my day.

Anyways is the "format" that I would define "good" as.

garfield751

Lurker
Reputation score

well i can kinda draw... kinda...well not really... ive only drawn furriesand i dont have a scanner but i have a camera and will try to help any way i can with this

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Umm... what is "this?" I think the link is busted. :/
"This" was that. Apparently the board decided to be a dick and screwed with the link.

OP
darent

darent

Lurker
Reputation score

screwdriver, you're asking too much... we need to start with simple things...

if you can draw little girls running arround and/or little tentacle monsters, you're in!

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

The only thing I can do is screw around with Sprites.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

How much animation are we talking about? I mean I've made a monster for RyonaSaga before, some custom sprites and battlers for RPG Maker, and you can see my amateur tribute pics in my blank page. Don't expect anything quite at the level of my better pics in the blank page, since they took time and a little sanity (Plus ⑨⑨⑨⑨ presses of Ctrl+Z... >_>). But for this, if you can give me a descriptive list or guidelines for what you need, I'll be happy to give it a go. Various tentacle creeps sound easy enough to do, but the girls will be more subject to limits by style. Depending how good they're meant to be, it might be difficult to make something that looks right.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, let's start with a simple unit then. I'll put this on the table - the Cum shooter.

Draw me a small tentacle (like an 's' shaped one) that wiggles in place. We'll call that the "idle" pose. Use the grid I supplied to give you an idea on the dimensions of this little beast. (It should, at most, stay within the lines of that grid).

===
Edit: As for the women, I've managed to scrape a base sheet that you can use if you so desire:

Took me a bit of time to find, so I hope it proves to be useful. Ehh... you only need to use the ones walking to the left.

Additionally, for the fun of it, you guys could also try making a sprite out of the "Penis Shroom" from Sir Oni's doujinshi >3

Last edited:

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Bigger boobies, please.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

The heads... so big... =P Do they need to be that way for the hair to look right, when added?

Lurker
Reputation score

@the_taken: These look like they're taken from the character templates for Gaia, unless I miss my mark. If that's the case they are likely being provided as a starting point for those of you that fancy yourselves artists and contributors.

@Alias: If these are generic templates then the heads would have to be large because the hair is added like a wig over the top part of the head. So yes.

ScrewDriver

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm not sure what the sprites are really from, however I do know that they were templates provided from the RPG Maker community - so I'm certain they're not from Gaia.

As for body attributes, like Newbie mentioned, they're just a starting point - hence the word "base". Those of you who wish to embark on this adventure of artistry may edit them as they please.

Personally, I find the shape of the body to be a bit... fugly, but never mind. Finally, taken, shoo *waves you off*. We don't live in a perfect world where a woman's spine is made from reinforced carbon fiber, and neither do they. Breasts can, and should, come in a variety of sizes like the produce at the local supermarket >D

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

lol i can draw
*shitty drawing*

Seriously though, what format do you want the people to be good in?
This thread demands a super kitteh bump!

Last edited: