What's new

The music I make!

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Track list:
NEW!

Feedback is welcome! Enjoy!
Note: Please do not re use without my permission! This tune has been made solely by me. Internet aliases are kikok012 or kiko.Artist name 3l3ctrocutt3r!
Edit: Removed direct links because of 4shared's constant server changing.Use or with the Non-direct 4shared link or just use the Zippyshare link!
Edit: I made another electro styled chiptune, and I've worked for 2 hours on the tune. It was made out of boredom, download link is above!
Edit: New track was added.
From now on, I'll post all my sounds here!Enjoy!

Last edited:

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: My first chiptune project!

Hmm... I can't seem to download it. It keeps giving me that "The file link is invalid". Also, I think this belongs in the Personal Corners section of the forums.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

I fixed the direct link!
If it stops working again,generate one with using the non-direct 4shared link.

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

My Thoughts:

It sounds really good. When it first started, I had trouble figuring out the beat so I could go along with it. But once the song finished and I listened to it again, the beat felt much more natural. One thing I felt was missing was some sort of extra drum would've really brought the whole thing up a level. However, because I primarily listen to Yamaha OPN type chiptunes, I can't truly judge it as it may actually be perfect for the type of chiptune you're aiming for. That being said, I definitely like the song and hope to hear more from you.:)

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

My Thoughts:

It sounds really good. When it first started, I had trouble figuring out the beat so I could go along with it. But once the song finished and I listened to it again, the beat felt much more natural. One thing I felt was missing was some sort of extra drum would've really brought the whole thing up a level. However, because I primarily listen to Yamaha OPN type chiptunes, I can't truly judge it as it may actually be perfect for the type of chiptune you're aiming for. That being said, I definitely like the song and hope to hear more from you.:)
Yes,I intended to create a more modern chiptune.I still have my project saved so I might add additional beats.This was all done with Linux Multimedia Studio (A free,Open-Source DAW) and some stock beats and custom ones.But the main lead was created by me using the freeboy plugin,and the RAW sound was created using the Bit invaders plugin.And definitely,you'll hear more from me.I just need some inspiration.Or I will rework this one with with FL Studio 10.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

I added a zippyshare download link as 4shared is cutting my DDLs.

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hm, I did listen to this and I do agree with Jack da mac that there should be an extra drum. I don't know about him but I personally would have liked a heavy kind of drum to bounce it off.

But it is a quite nice tune. It could work as some happy intro for some puzzle-bit kind of game. Would like for it to be somewhat longer though but that's just me.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

Hm, I did listen to this and I do agree with Jack da mac that there should be an extra drum. I don't know about him but I personally would have liked a heavy kind of drum to bounce it off.

But it is a quite nice tune. It could work as some happy intro for some puzzle-bit kind of game. Would like for it to be somewhat longer though but that's just me.
Yes,I will add an extra drum.I am currently reworking this in FL studio 10.And I agree with you,this could be a great intro for a retro game.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score
Re: The music I make!

Added new track,link is in the first post.Critiques are welcome!

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That new one is pretty decent. When it first started I thought it was just techno but it has a party-feel to it, like a Daddy Yankee or Sean Paul song. Did you use LMMS or Fl studio to make this?

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

That new one is pretty decent. When it first started I thought it was just techno but it has a party-feel to it, like a Daddy Yankee or Sean Paul song. Did you use LMMS or Fl studio to make this?
At least someone appreciates my music.I used LMMS mainly because it is my primary tool,I can work on FL Studio but it's a bit more complicated.And I wanted it to have an Electro/Chiptune sound to it.It came out as I wanted.Sometimes I feel that I threw away 250$ to buy FL Studio. -_-
Edit:I certainly did,because I almost never use it.

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

At least someone appreciates my music.
I really do like the song. The only thing it needs is audio balancing and editing, which is probably the more time consuming part of making a song.
I used LMMS mainly because it is my primary tool,I can work on FL Studio but it's a bit more complicated...Sometimes I feel that I threw away 250$ to buy FL Studio. -_-
If LMMS is as easy as you say I may need to jump ship:D. FL Studio is complicated to a degree but once you figure out where and how to do everything, it becomes a cake walk.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

I really do like the song. The only thing it needs is audio balancing and editing, which is probably the more time consuming part of making a song.

If LMMS is as easy as you say I may need to jump ship:D. FL Studio is complicated to a degree but once you figure out where and how to do everything, it becomes a cake walk.
I know that it needs some balancing and tuning.There are some beats that I need to synthesize with the main lead.

And,yes,LMMS is quite easy to use.And it's freeware.And I know about FL studio,I know how to work with it,but it's more time consuming,that's why I use LMMS!

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How do you use this thing? @_@
I couldn't even figure out how to add a vst. It looks like Fl Studio to some degree, which is surprising seeing as most try to avoid being like FL studio. Also, the volume envelope on the "Triple Oscillator" doesn't work, at all. No matter what I did, it still sounded the same.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

How do you use this thing? @_@
I couldn't even figure out how to add a vst. It looks like Fl Studio to some degree, which is surprising seeing as most try to avoid being like FL studio. Also, the volume envelope on the "Triple Oscillator" doesn't work, at all. No matter what I did, it still sounded the same.
To add a VST or VSTi plugin first you have to put the Vestige LMMS Plugin where you put all of the beatlines,automation tracks etc,and the you have to load the VST by opening Vestige and clicking load VST and then load the main .dll file.But Vestige is rather buggy now,and loading certain VSTs may cause LMMS to crash.I didn't use any VSTs.I used the Freeboy for the main lead and used the LB302 plugin to create a slide lead.
As for the Triple Oscillator plugin you have to mess around with the oscillators and then go to the Envelope settings,and mess around a bit there to create the sound you like.And you can add sound effects like 2x2 plates (For reverbs),or a feedback effect.It took me only two days to figure out how to use LMMS,but I have FL Studio 10 for a year now,and I'm still struggling with the UI.

Take a look at these tutorials.

Last edited:

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

As for the Triple Oscillator
If this sounds aggressive or mean, I'm not trying to be. It just may look like it.

Oscillators, synthesis, and mix effects (FX) is nothing new to me. I may not be a pro but I (almost) know what I'm doing. What I meant to say last time was, The Triple Oscillator's functions don't seem to work as accurately as FL Studio's 3xOsc. I was replicating a violin preset I had made in FL Studio's 3xOsc, but despite my efforts, the sound was grungy and dirty which wasn't what I was trying to create at all. When I started messing with the sound envelope on the Triple Oscillator, I realized that even though I min/maxed the Attack setting it wasn't changing as much as usual when doing the same thing in FL. In fact, I couldn't even delay the sound far enough so that I could create the violin.

LMMS Tutorials
I'll definitely check those out when I get the chance. :) Right now, flash is acting too derpy and slows down my pc too much.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

If this sounds aggressive or mean, I'm not trying to be. It just may look like it.

Oscillators, synthesis, and mix effects (FX) is nothing new to me. I may not be a pro but I (almost) know what I'm doing. What I meant to say last time was, The Triple Oscillator's functions don't seem to work as accurately as FL Studio's 3xOsc. I was replicating a violin preset I had made in FL Studio's 3xOsc, but despite my efforts, the sound was grungy and dirty which wasn't what I was trying to create at all. When I started messing with the sound envelope on the Triple Oscillator, I realized that even though I min/maxed the Attack setting it wasn't changing as much as usual when doing the same thing in FL. In fact, I couldn't even delay the sound far enough so that I could create the violin.

I'll definitely check those out when I get the chance. :) Right now, flash is acting too derpy and slows down my pc too much.
Hmm,I know.I've also tried to replicate some 3xOsc presets in LMMS but without luck.I guess the Triple Oscillator in LMMS has a different system of setting envelopes.
I wish you good luck with LMMS.

OP
kiko

kiko

Reputation score

Added new Trance/Electro track in the first post.Enjoy.Critiques are welcome.

thegameguy

Banned
Reputation score

Sounds good to me reminds me of eve online for some reason.